PSNP E3 convention awards

Bumperklever

E32018.jpg

PSNP E3 convention awards!

We have seen some new and exciting games in the E3 conventions, but also a lot of horse crap.

But with all conventions behind us it's now time for the PSNP E3 convention awards.

Here you can choose your top 3 your best and worst conventions that E3 has offered.

mario-rabbids-cry-e3-2017-reaction-heade

How does it work:

You may pick your 3 best and worst E3 convention and post them below.

The number 1 best and worst convention on your list gets respectively 3 points or -3 points. The number 2 spot gets (-)2 points and number 3 spot gets (-)1 point

If you can't choose between 3 then that is fine, you just loose that precious points. Your number 1 will still be worth 3 points.

Ranking will be the sum of both positive and negative points, results will contain both totals.

I will update the list regularly, this can be seen in the spoiler tag below.

Note that:

Editing your post could result in not counting if you edited after I checked.

Voting is possible till 13-July-2018

The kings and peasants of E3:

Spoiler

The Kings of E3:

#2 Sony                           #1 Microsoft                       #3 Ubisoft

Sony-PlayStation-720x340.jpgXboxLogo-1.jpgUbisoft-logo.jpg

The Peasants of E3:

#2  Square Enix             #1   Electronic Arts              #3 Nintendo

square-enix-logo-940x529.jpgea-op-e3-2018-alle-feiten-geruchten-en-vNintendo-Switch-3.jpg

Total rankings: Last updated 20/6  23:00 GMT+1; people voted: 23

Spoiler

0nCzTfK.png

Edited by Bumperklever
Updated
  • Like 2

My vote goes to:

Best:

1. Microsoft (many games even though a lot aren't exclusive; just a great presentation overall)

2. Ubisoft (Even though I think a bit controversially about the games and stuff; I loved the presentation.)

3. Devolver digital (small sketchy presentation as always)

Worst: 1. EA (just terrible)

2. Square Enix (expected A LOT more)

3. Nintendo: (New SMB is great; the rest no so much)

• Like 1

Worst convention would be Microsoft bought 5 Micro-Transactions from 5 other Studios which is fuck up. Square Enix was a let down. No Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The Best one would be Resident Evil 2 Remake is the best highlight one I saw at E3 2018 video.

The Best one would be DMC 5. That look so badass and right on the money.

The Best one would be Dying Light 2. The Video. The Violence etc, it's perfect.

Edited by Nexuds121

Best:

1. Bethesda (fallout, ES VI, DOOM. Its gonna get good real quick)

2. Sony (TLOU 2 is just....yes)

3. square (just for KH3)

Worst:

1. Microsoft (have no interest in them at all)

2. Nintendo (oh hey another smash...greaaaaat)

3. EA (cause F**k EA)

Edited by Stargazer2600
  • Like 1

Best

1. Microsoft (Best convention and the only one that felt like a proper E3 convention)
  2. PC Gamer (A much-improved convention that showed off a lot of games)
  3. Ubisoft (Best developer convention)

Worst

1. Bethesda (The worst convention and makes you question why they even have one every year if they have nothing to show)
  2. EA ( Almost the same as Bethesda, but at least they showed a little bit of Anthem and gave the developers some time to talk about it)
  3. Sony (An okay convention that reeked of arrogance)

I will say that I felt this year's E3 was pretty weak, and left an impression that everyone should really consider if it's a good idea to even hold a convention. Both Nintendo and Square Enix had the right idea with pre-recorded convention / direct. Both of those presentations were under an hour, showed off some games you knew about and announced couple you didn't know about.

Edited by soultaker655

Best

1. LRG

2. Devolver

(I don't need to explain these, right?)

3. Nintendo

MS closely, but for some reason, I fell in love with this year's Ninty conference. Oh boy, Japanese Xenoblade...

Worst

1. Ubisoft (I almost fell asleep, this was so boring and Just Dance start was cancer-inducing)

2. Square Enix (That... was... all?)

3. Bethesda (The whole conference was crap until Todd came and brought the fun, still wasn't enough to beat Unravel 2)

Sony was meh, EA had Unravel and PC Gamer had weeb games.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

OP probably wanted overall standings.

If he made a poll, it wouldn't take personal rankings into consideration.

I don't see a difference as long as names are visible 

Just now, Dav9834 said:

I don't see a difference as long as names are visible 

Poll:

a ) 1 option = only best conferences get selected, you get 3 most popular, not 3 overall best

b ) multiple choices = not guaranteed to vote for 3

Current method:

Adds and subtract points, making it more statistically precise.

Example: 20 people vote for Bethesda as the best conference.

With poll method, suppose that is the victory value.

Now suppose 20 other people vote for Bethy as their 2nd/3rd worst conference. Not completely worst since that would be EA (lol), with the poll method, that wouldn't mean anything.

However, with this method, it affects the overall score for Bethy and Bethesda could end up on the lower position, thus, making it fairer as it doesn't only work with favoritism.

• Like 2

Best Conference

1) Limited Run Games

2) Mircosoft

3)Sony(Remove TLOU could've been better)

Worst Conference?

1) Square Enix

Square was the only one that was bad. Onmy because it was literally trailers nothing else. The other ones were good. What the hell is Devolver Digital? I think I missed that one or didn't just didn't noticed :(

Aaaaand updated. Microsoft on top with Sony as a close second. Square enix and EA are considered the worst by far at the moment have taken together only 1 third spot in the best list, while taking numerous spots in the worst list.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:30 PM, Nexuds121 said:

Worst convention would be Microsoft bought 5 Micro-Transactions from 5 other Studios which is fuck up. Square Enix was a let down. No Final Fantasy VII Remake.

The Best one would be Resident Evil 2 Remake is the best highlight one I saw at E3 2018 video.

The Best one would be DMC 5. That look so badass and right on the money.

The Best one would be Dying Light 2. The Video. The Violence etc, it's perfect.

I didn't include you in the list solely as I think you didn't know what you needed to do. Mostly because you say 2 conventions that are bad (and assumingly microsoft as worst and square as second), but together with E3 moments that are good instead of conventions that were needed. If you edit your old post so that you have preferably 3 good and 3 bad conventions in the same style others commented, then I will add you to the list :) .

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Poll:

a ) 1 option = only best conferences get selected, you get 3 most popular, not 3 overall best

b ) multiple choices = not guaranteed to vote for 3

Current method:

Adds and subtract points, making it more statistically precise.

Example: 20 people vote for Bethesda as the best conference.

With poll method, suppose that is the victory value.

Now suppose 20 other people vote for Bethy as their 2nd/3rd worst conference. Not completely worst since that would be EA (lol), with the poll method, that wouldn't mean anything.

However, with this method, it affects the overall score for Bethy and Bethesda could end up on the lower position, thus, making it fairer as it doesn't only work with favoritism.

Couldn't explained it better. :awesome:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Aaaaand updated. Microsoft on top with Sony as a close second. Square enix and EA are considered the worst by far at the moment have taken together only 1 third spot in the best list, while taking numerous spots in the worst list.

I didn't include you in the list solely as I think you didn't know what you needed to do. Mostly because you say 2 conventions that are bad (and assumingly microsoft as worst and square as second), but together with E3 moments that are good instead of conventions that were needed. If you edit your old post so that you have preferably 3 good and 3 bad conventions in the same style others commented, then I will add you to the list :) .

Bumperklever don't go and talking to me like that. I didn't know at first this was some vote. Just settle down.

BEST:

40-platinum.png  Sony - In terms of showing us games that I want to play, and exclusives. While they lacked in new reveals and major announcements, E3 to me is about the games more than anything. Sony has the games.

40-gold.png Microsoft - Speaking of games, that's all their conference was. They don't take #1 for me, because they're exclusive line up is once again weak. Gears of Funko? 343 Halo? Crackhead 3? Pass. HUGE props for bringing DMC5 to the world, and acquiring Ninja Theory though.

40-silver.pngUbisoft - They're masters of the cringe showings, and I enjoyed their presentation. Really looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2.

WORST: 

Funoz5d.png EA - They really are trying to do damage control by saying every game doesn't have loot boxes, but I think it's too late. They showed absolutely nothing interesting in any facet, and had the most boring conference.

C0wZBek.png Bethesda - Call me a "hater", but I despise most Bethesda games. Doom Eternal and Rage 2 were good highlights from the show, but every thing else shown brought the yawns. Also the Elder Scrolls VI tease at the end made little sense to me. If anything, I'm going to laugh if they're making that game without a new engine. For the sake of transparency, I don't like Elder Scroll games to begin with.

BmYMShU.pngSquare Enix - Considering they have a bunch of IPs I am interested in, their conference was stagnant and lacked anything that made it stand out. Babylon's Fall was the ONLY thing worth showing off that we didn't already see.

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

[I hate not being able to delete quotes on my phone ><

2 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Ok I see where you're going. Ya you can't have 6 questions so this is the only way.

Edited by Dav9834