PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro?

Nexuds121

Pro is obviously more powerful and whatnot, so it depends on if you feel spending the extra however much the difference is, is worth it. If you have a 4K TV or if it has HDR, then I think you should definitely get the Pro. Games will still benefit if you don't have either of those, though.

Anyway, if it were me buying a PS4 for the first time I'd just go with the more powerful one for the extra cost.

Am literally tossing up the same questions as plan on picking up one today after work. Over here the difference is about $150ish. If you can afford it I think you will probably regret dropping the price for the standard when the pro is really not that much more. The picture is definitely better (on a 4K TV) and the load times are noticeable particularly at startup. If you plan on getting VR at some point it is a must. 

If you have interest in the recent AAA games I think it would justify it, 

30 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

Name the PS4 Pro games that had given it's extra treatment?

To be honest I think you would be hard pressed to find many games coming out now that aren't enhanced in some way or another for the Pro. Now whether that enhancement is worth it is totally a personal decision. My view is that if you are going to spend $350 AU is $150AU really that much more. 

The problem with the Pro is that it is really just a Sony fanboy console. If you are not locked to the system then it would be very hard to justify it in comparison to the Xbox X which is clearly far better performance. I am sure you will be happy with whatever you decide, best of luck with the decision.

Ps5 is coming out in 2 years most likely, but if you don't have 400 dollars a 4k Tv/Monitor with HDCP 2.2 and HDR

Plus they are just upscaled and checkerboarded 4k, Both sony and MS are full of shit with native 4k

I'd go for the slim model to save money and buy more games.

I do own a Pro and the bonus is streaming movies/content at 4K.

games do look better but it's not like 100% better since it's not full 4k

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

1 hour ago, cjshaitan said:

it would be very hard to justify it in comparison to the Xbox X which is clearly far better performance. I am sure you will be happy with whatever you decide, best of luck with the decision.

The Xbox one X came out later then the ps4pro and they knew the specs, Next up will be the Ps5 and it will be far better at performance.

It's the same thing every few years. ?

Then the X box one Infinite X will will be far better at performance.?

Then the PS6 will will be far better at performance ?

Then the X box one InfiniteX2 X  will will be far better at performance.?

Then the PS7 will will be far better at performance ?

Then Skyrim will be remastered for every new console

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

The Xbox one X came out later then the ps4pro and they knew the specs, Next up will be the Ps5 and it will be far better at performance.

It's the same thing every few years. 1f913.png

Then the X box one Infinite X will will be far better at performance.1f913.png

Then the PS6 will will be far better at performance 1f913.png

Then the X box one InfiniteX2 X  will will be far better at performance.1f913.png

Then the PS7 will will be far better at performance 1f913.png

Lol this is very true, but why wait who can even be sure they will be here next week .........

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

Lol this is very true, but why wait who can even be sure they will be here next week .........

We get a heavy hitter coming back. The new and really powerful Atari,

This will destroy Ps, Pc and Xboxone6X with 8K E.T. remastered = god tier

I am a bit curious which games they are working on ?

ataribox1.0.jpg

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

It's the same thing every few years. 1f913.png

Then the X box one Infinite X will will be far better at performance.1f913.png

Then the PS6 will will be far better at performance 1f913.png

Then the X box one InfiniteX2 X  will will be far better at performance.1f913.png

Then the PS7 will will be far better at performance 1f913.png

Or! You can buy the best GPU for a custom desktop every year! Who needs to wait 6-8 years! (sarcasm... (yet true....)) 

• Like 3

I personally upgraded to the Pro when they first released it just because I planned on getting the VR and a 4K TV. I've got both and have no regrets. If you don't plan on getting a 4K TV or wanting to invest in the VR headset, just go with the Slim.. Although aside from all of that, PlayStation is having a sale on all of their Pro systems. They're 350 instead of 400.. Not sure if the Days of Play is only a US thing, but definitely this would be the time to get a Pro considering the temporary price drop.

1 hour ago, Nexuds121 said:

You people talk about the next console generation? How the hell do you guys know it'll come out?

People in the gaming industry have inside knowledge that games have been in production for ps5. 

Then you of course have the e3 presser where elderscrolls 6 will be next generation. 

Which means we'll probably get an announcement next year of the console(or maybe at psx). 

Then e3 2019 will be about more ps5 games with a console reveal later that year. 

My personal prediction is 2020 spring. Or 2020 Fall. 

If it's 2020, that only gives 2.5 years with pspro before the launch. 

If it's 2021 then it may be more worthwhile to get a pro. 

But honestly if studios are are showing ps5 games at e3 2018, I don't think it'll be 2021 for the release.