Only a Real Master my ass

Dragn_Whytefyre

Will someone PLEASE explain to me what the actual parameters for this @&"&$ trophy actually are? Can you play it on easy? Does it have to be played on hard? Where the &$@" exactly is 10% (I've been getting it under the last notch on the health bar and still nothing)? Do you need a particular character? Do you have to perform a Fatality/Brutality/Faction Kill? Do you need to play on a particular tower? Online? Offline? Inline? Outline? Are my shoes too tight? Am I holding my mouth wrong? Should I have fish or beef for dinner?

I mean, there has to be something I'm doing incorrectly, because near as I can tell, I should've had this damn thing five or six times by now.

And for the record, I don't have two controllers. REALLY wish I did.

You can use two controllers for this, pretty much just hit yourself until you have no hp. Do throws since they are set damage and then a couple of light punches to get do the rest, then beat the other guy. If you don't have two controllers you can do it on easy and in anymode. If that's to hard you could try a session and get it online or via share play.

1 hour ago, AlasdairMcD said:

You can use two controllers for this, pretty much just hit yourself until you have no hp. Do throws since they are set damage and then a couple of light punches to get do the rest, then beat the other guy. If you don't have two controllers you can do it on easy and in anymode. If that's to hard you could try a session and get it online or via share play.

His post says he doesn't have 2 controllers, so I assume he's trying it with AI opponents. To be honest, this game completely isn't worth doing without a 2nd controller, because all the levelling methods are 100x faster with a 2nd controller. I would have said having a vita would help out with any trophy that requires a 2nd controller, but I see no vita games on this guy's trophy list so I assume he doesn't have one of those either. @Dragn_Dolphin, the only thing you can really do at this point is use the Gaming Sessions page to create or join sessions for the game. Since you have online trophies undone for the game, I think any misc trophies you need that would require 2 controllers could easily be done with an online player who wants the online trophies, not many people are too much of a dick to not help you get that trophy in one match out of the many you'll need to finish the online. 

Yes, I'm attempting to do it vs. AI and I'm telling you, it's impossible. I should've gotten it the last match I played. Didn't touch him the whole match until he had me down to barely a sliver of health, then I went after him and kicked his ass. This was Round 1. Know what happened next? Nothing. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. Trophy still didn't pop. This damn trophy will not unlock for me.

Just spent the last two hours playing vs. computer. Twice this damn trophy should've popped, twice it didn't. Fuck it. W/o two controllers or somebody to play against online (which I can't do right now. Can't currently afford PS+), it's impossible and incredibly frustrating. Apparently, the game just won't allow the trophy to pop against the AI.

8 hours ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Just spent the last two hours playing vs. computer. Twice this damn trophy should've popped, twice it didn't. Fuck it. W/o two controllers or somebody to play against online (which I can't do right now. Can't currently afford PS+), it's impossible and incredibly frustrating. Apparently, the game just won't allow the trophy to pop against the AI.

You can exploit getting PS+ for free if you make an alternative account and redeem a trial for it, but I think you also need to use a credit card to do that, but it won’t charge you if you immediately remove the card from your account. 

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

You can exploit getting PS+ for free if you make an alternative account and redeem a trial for it, but I think you also need to use a credit card to do that, but it won’t charge you if you immediately remove the card from your account. 

I do appreciate your taking the time to respond and give advice. Most people just read and leave.  ?

But unfortunately, for various and personal reasons, I can't do that either. Maybe someday I'll be able to come back to it. But for now, it has me beaten.

44 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

I do appreciate your taking the time to respond and give advice. Most people just read and leave.  1f44d.png

But unfortunately, for various and personal reasons, I can't do that either. Maybe someday I'll be able to come back to it. But for now, it has me beaten.

Don't worry about it, the servers will stay up for a while now and even Mortal Kombat 9 is still up, so you can do it at your own pace.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, Sergen said:

If you have an old prepaid visa or mastercard gift card you can trick psn into using that card too.  It might have to have a couple bucks on it though, not sure.  I used an old one like that, had a couple bucks left over that I never bothered with since I didn't know the exact amount and most places need that to for a purchase.

• Like 1