PS4 Slim Crashing Still? (2033)

Martain2

Just been reading some threads regarding Metro Redux (plus Darksiders 2 and MKX) had been causing PS4 Slim models to randomly shut down and that Sony were looking into it, as far as i can tell FW 5.01 seems to have been released back in October 2017 to fix this issue but i was just wondering if anybody (especially some playing either game in this collection on a slim model) has encountered any problems since that FW has been released?

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2018 at 10:58 PM, gamesfourever said:

never had the problem myself. and i wrote the guide too. so i did some digging around and saw multiple people having problems with it, but only in small numbers so i didnt include it on the guide as a warning.

Did you play both 2033 and Last Light on the Original, Slim or Pro?

11 hours ago, Phantochi said:

I've played 2033 redux not that long ago, even went for the platinum, and darksiders 2 for a bit, and none of them crashed on me or did anything weird, i have a slim model. I haven't played Last light yet tho. 

Thank you @Phantochi
Happy you included Darksiders 2 as well as I'll be looking to try that at some point.

16 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Thank you @Phantochi
Happy you included Darksiders 2 as well as I'll be looking to try that at some point.

Darksiders 2 remaster crashses if you have DMG numbers enabled. Late game when you do tons of dmg it crashes for some reason, but if you turn DMG numbers off it will crash far less.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Darksiders 2 remaster crashses if you have DMG numbers enabled. Late game when you do tons of dmg it crashes for some reason, but if you turn DMG numbers off it will crash far less.

Luckily I tend to turn off damage numbers in any games that allow me to so it's unlikely I would have run into that but appreciate the heads up, sounds like such a strange thing to cause a game to crash the PS4 though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martain2 said:

Luckily I tend to turn off damage numbers in any games that allow me to so it's unlikely I would have run into that but appreciate the heads up, sounds like such a strange thing to cause a game to crash the PS4 though.

Yeah it's a really odd crash issue. I was crashing every 3-5 minutes but then i googled it and came over this reddit thread: 

So i turned off DMG numbers and voila, no more crashes (almost)

• 1 year later...