Hard and fast Trophy

Ashesheart

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
16 hours ago, Last-_-Judgment said:

Can you use slow motion on some areas? Will it still count? 

I can confirm today that YOU CAN use slow motion at anytime during the 45 minute speed run.

Also accidently entering a level you have already completed does not affect the trophy. You can simply quit the level via in-game menu and carry on without worrying

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I HAVE SEEN THE THRONE OF GODS AND IT IS EMPTY - I REIGN SUPREME NOW.

Okay - even though nobody has posted in this thread I figured I'd post my findings for the "Hard and Fast" trophy. For 1) You CAN USE SLOW-MO. I personally only used it once - for Level 20, but it can be utilized and it will not negate this trophy. 2) I'm curious where the timer actually starts, is it after beating your 1st bonus level? I asked this because I thought I had choked away my time and finished with 45 minutes and 38 seconds. Yet the trophy popped for me anyway (I'm not complaining) - I started counting from the second I entered my 1st bonus level till the loading screen exit started for the last bonus level. I was 38 seconds over - it still popped. Not mad at all though!

FINALLY - ADVICE TIME. I recommend starting on levels 13-16 section as I think these are the hardest. I managed to record my times for each "section" even though it counts loading screens and traversal between each one. I'm just gonna post them in case anyone wants a reference for speed and all, also, historically sake. 

Hard and Fast Level Times:

#1. Level 13 - (1:51:69) (this one is awful if you screw up at the end with the flames, hence why I recommend starting with it first)

#2. Level 16 - (3:32:02) (Extremely finnicky and can be challenging, but once you get the rhythm on the bottom you can save a lot of time here)

#3. Level 15 - (1:40:70) (Got this one done quite quickly - once you know where to get it's extremely easy)

#4. Level 14 - (1:39:69) (Did this one very fast! One of the easier puzzles, save time by separating yarnzys on 2nd button stomp)

#5. Level 20 - (2:29:42) (This counts the time it took to get to LVL 20, I used SLOW MO here as it just makes it 10x easier for me personally)

#6. Level 19 - (1:28:87) (VERY easy puzzle, don't move left stick when launching fire balls, this one you can save big time on)

#7. Level 18 - (3:17:90) (I was tempted to nearly reset here. I HATE the swing you have to do cuz I always touch the right side sticks when launching)

#8. Level 17 - (1:47:10) (Make sure you tie the knot on the ball first and then the lever, doing that you can save nice time here)

#9. Level 8 - (2:20:42) - (Died once but counting the time it took me to move down a level to this section, not bad whatsoever)

#10. Level 7 - (1:47:40) - (Patience is the key here, don't rush and die so you have to do it all over again and waste MORE time)

#11. Level 6 - (3:04:32) - (AAAAGHHH I died so much at the very end it was INFURIATING. Just stay in the rhythm and you can MONSTER time)

#12. Level 5 - (1:15:90) - (I made up time lost there by doing this 1st try, which I NEVER could do while practicing)

#13. Level 10 - (2:11:71) - (Died once here stupidly getting baited by the fire, not bad time considering bonus level change of scenery)

#14. Level 12 - (2:50:72) - (This is the stupid brick level. It takes forever even when I feel like I made 0 mistakes)

#15. Level 11 - (2:14:15) - (This is the catapult bucket level, got it done VERY quickly given how finnicky it can be sometimes)

#16. Level 9 - (1:53:41) - (Died at the end here and got it on the next opportunity, with nice rhythm you can save good time)

#17. Level 4 - (2:05:61) - (Considering I had to move down a lighthouse level, fantastic time on this one it's very easy)

#18. Level 3 - (1:37:08) - (Died once, got it the second opportunity and finished fluently all things considered)

#19. Level 2 - (3:23:63) - (Died 3 times here, just choking as I usually do and thought I was gonna blow it at the end)

#20. Level 1 - (2:31:89) - (CHOKED here by falling down at the end after climbing all the way up, finished 45:38:78 by loading screen, still popped!)

I recommend choosing the levels that frustrate you most whether it be 13-16 or 17-20 being your starting point and then working down from there. Cheers!

Edited by realm722
  • Like 4

On 2020-08-07 at 5:52 AM, realm722 said:

I HAVE SEEN THE THRONE OF GODS AND IT IS EMPTY - I REIGN SUPREME NOW.

Okay - even though nobody has posted in this thread I figured I'd post my findings for the "Hard and Fast" trophy. For 1) You CAN USE SLOW-MO. I personally only used it once - for Level 20, but it can be utilized and it will not negate this trophy. 2) I'm curious where the timer actually starts, is it after beating your 1st bonus level? I asked this because I thought I had choked away my time and finished with 45 minutes and 38 seconds. Yet the trophy popped for me anyway (I'm not complaining) - I started counting from the second I entered my 1st bonus level till the loading screen exit started for the last bonus level. I was 38 seconds over - it still popped. Not mad at all though!

FINALLY - ADVICE TIME. I recommend starting on levels 13-16 section as I think these are the hardest. I managed to record my times for each "section" even though it counts loading screens and traversal between each one. I'm just gonna post them in case anyone wants a reference for speed and all, also, historically sake. 

Hard and Fast Level Times:

#1. Level 13 - (1:51:69) (this one is awful if you screw up at the end with the flames, hence why I recommend starting with it first)

#2. Level 16 - (3:32:02) (Extremely finnicky and can be challenging, but once you get the rhythm on the bottom you can save a lot of time here)

#3. Level 15 - (1:40:70) (Got this one done quite quickly - once you know where to get it's extremely easy)

#4. Level 14 - (1:39:69) (Did this one very fast! One of the easier puzzles, save time by separating yarnzys on 2nd button stomp)

#5. Level 20 - (2:29:42) (This counts the time it took to get to LVL 20, I used SLOW MO here as it just makes it 10x easier for me personally)

#6. Level 19 - (1:28:87) (VERY easy puzzle, don't move left stick when launching fire balls, this one you can save big time on)

#7. Level 18 - (3:17:90) (I was tempted to nearly reset here. I HATE the swing you have to do cuz I always touch the right side sticks when launching)

#8. Level 17 - (1:47:10) (Make sure you tie the knot on the ball first and then the lever, doing that you can save nice time here)

#9. Level 8 - (2:20:42) - (Died once but counting the time it took me to move down a level to this section, not bad whatsoever)

#10. Level 7 - (1:47:40) - (Patience is the key here, don't rush and die so you have to do it all over again and waste MORE time)

#11. Level 6 - (3:04:32) - (AAAAGHHH I died so much at the very end it was INFURIATING. Just stay in the rhythm and you can MONSTER time)

#12. Level 5 - (1:15:90) - (I made up time lost there by doing this 1st try, which I NEVER could do while practicing)

#13. Level 10 - (2:11:71) - (Died once here stupidly getting baited by the fire, not bad time considering bonus level change of scenery)

#14. Level 12 - (2:50:72) - (This is the stupid brick level. It takes forever even when I feel like I made 0 mistakes)

#15. Level 11 - (2:14:15) - (This is the catapult bucket level, got it done VERY quickly given how finnicky it can be sometimes)

#16. Level 9 - (1:53:41) - (Died at the end here and got it on the next opportunity, with nice rhythm you can save good time)

#17. Level 4 - (2:05:61) - (Considering I had to move down a lighthouse level, fantastic time on this one it's very easy)

#18. Level 3 - (1:37:08) - (Died once, got it the second opportunity and finished fluently all things considered)

#19. Level 2 - (3:23:63) - (Died 3 times here, just choking as I usually do and thought I was gonna blow it at the end)

#20. Level 1 - (2:31:89) - (CHOKED here by falling down at the end after climbing all the way up, finished 45:38:78 by loading screen, still popped!)

I recommend choosing the levels that frustrate you most whether it be 13-16 or 17-20 being your starting point and then working down from there. Cheers!

Congratulations and well done!

I haven't started my attempt at this yet but I was wondering how do you reset the timer? Like if you feel that you wasted to much time and want to start over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chilly_schrimp said:

Congratulations and well done!

I haven't started my attempt at this yet but I was wondering how do you reset the timer? Like if you feel that you wasted to much time and want to start over.

So this is something I was curious about as well.... literally all I did was quit out completely of my loaded save file back to main menu and then re-entered. I figured that resets it since the trophy says "in one go" and that typically suggests in 1 play session. It can get a bit tedious if you keep goofing up on the first 5-6 levels but I figure it's safer that way than trying to continue and the game extending your timer so to speak.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, realm722 said:

So this is something I was curious about as well.... literally all I did was quit out completely of my loaded save file back to main menu and then re-entered. I figured that resets it since the trophy says "in one go" and that typically suggests in 1 play session. It can get a bit tedious if you keep goofing up on the first 5-6 levels but I figure it's safer that way than trying to continue and the game extending your timer so to speak.

Ok, thanks. I'm really not looking forward to attempting this but someday I will finish it... at least that's what I gotta tell myself ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2020-09-14 at 2:41 PM, ElHussler said:

Does pausing the game stop the timer for this trophy?

No every second when you load your save (after you start the first bonus level) counts.

This one proved to be more annoying than I thought after getting gold on all regular levels.

Once I got a good run on the harder levels I started messing up the easier ones.

First attempt was 1 hour and 7 minutes.

Second one was 57 min.

Third one 52 min.

The forth (which I thought was the one) ended at 46 min and 30 seconds, due to stupid mistakes on easy levels.

The fifth and final one clocked in at 44:25 and since I died once on the last level my pulse was really high.

I could probably shave off 3-4 min with better focus and avoiding stupid mistakes but I’m finally done with the game and it’s a platinum I didn’t think I would ever get when I started trying to get the gold medals.

• 2 months later...

Is there a chance that by changing the system clock could help getting the trophy? Didn't see anyone mention this alternative (either because nobody thought of it or it's just a dumb idea)

Edit: Ah ah, guess what!? It doesn't work like that...

Edited by Max_Playne

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/08/2020 at 2:29 PM, realm722 said:

I can confirm that you don't need to quit out of the game to reset the timer - I was practising for an hour or so beforehand across random levels, then decided to do a test run where I went from the first level to the last, managed it in under 45 mins and it still gave me the trophy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will just leave it here for posterity. Although the video is not mine, in terms of speedrunning - always follow speedrunners. Maybe its not a breakthrough, but a good strategy is a lifesaver at times! I started with the same levels and did it on my second try. First practice the exact same strat and make it your muscle memory, then start executing. Overall it took me somewhat 35 minutes as I spent more time on loading screens than actual playing.

For your safety, the bonus area 7 should be entirely done within 5-8 minute time frame. If you are exceeding that time, practice some more as the lower levels might be easier, but definitely more time consuming. Definitely you should master Tilted and have your own strat. Also motion sickness can go real bad if you're being hasty. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 3:42 AM, Trivane92 said:

I will just leave it here for posterity. Although the video is not mine, in terms of speedrunning - always follow speedrunners. Maybe its not a breakthrough, but a good strategy is a lifesaver at times! I started with the same levels and did it on my second try. First practice the exact same strat and make it your muscle memory, then start executing. Overall it took me somewhat 35 minutes as I spent more time on loading screens than actual playing.

For your safety, the bonus area 7 should be entirely done within 5-8 minute time frame. If you are exceeding that time, practice some more as the lower levels might be easier, but definitely more time consuming. Definitely you should master Tilted and have your own strat. Also motion sickness can go real bad if you're being hasty. 

This is the video I used as well. I followed his strategy exactly for almost all levels. There were a few I had to make some slight adjustments to. I was able to get the trophy on my first attempt after practicing each level. My method was to learn each section at a time, one level at a time. So first I started all the way at the top in the Ashes to Ashes bonus area. I learned each level three times. One time following the video, then I made sure I could complete it on my own, then I would complete it a third time for good measure. Then I'd go to the next level. Once I learned all 4 levels in the area, I would go back to the first one and complete all 4 back to back. Then I went to the next bonus area and repeated the process. After I did that for all 5 bonus areas, I made my attempt. It's probably overkill and unnecessary but for anyone looking for tips, that's just the way I handled it and it worked pretty good. Like I said I got it on my first attempt, I had set a timer on my computer for 45 minutes, I started it before I jumped in the first level and I stopped it when I got the trophy, I had 13:51 left to spare. And my run wasn't super clean either. I had a lot of deaths on "Burning Down the House" and I had to restart some other levels, costing me lots of time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...