Raider Attacks - Fallout Shelter

Baird_9965

3 hours ago, TheBubaknight said:

That by timeskipping it'd glitch the attacks, not getting 'em anymore.

Would it be advisable to find an animal box and save scumming 'till you find dogmeat or the parrot?

Is it possible to use the plus free gift more than once?

No, it doesn't matter. You might want to wait until you get at least one attack before you skip again, though. To be safe, not sure if it actually matters. I dropped $20 to get the pets. Well worth the time saved to me.

Edited by Grindroid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBubaknight said:

Would it be advisable to find an animal box and save scumming 'till you find dogmeat or the parrot?

Is it possible to use the plus free gift more than once?

No idea, havent got that far yet, only just heard about this pet. But sounds like whatever it takes, this pet is needed to save tonnes of time

Them Raider attacks are a pain to grind for one. I have done like 4 in a few hours

@Grindroid

Will this work for Quests as well, so the pet goes with someone on a Quest, when quest is complete it counts as 3, im sure there are quest objectives?

Just now, optimusmart said:

No idea, havent got that far yet, only just heard about this pet. But sounds like whatever it takes, this pet is needed to save tonnes of time

Them Raider attacks are a pain to grind for one. I have done like 4 in a few hours

@Grindroid

Will this work for Quests as well, so the pet goes with someone on a Quest, when quest is complete it counts as 3, im sure there are quest objectives?

Yeah, I've read it on the Xbox forum, it works for the quests too.

3 hours ago, optimusmart said:

@Grindroid

Honestly, no idea. I didn't obtain the pets until I was going for this trophy. I did the 100 quests one at a time. Sad but happy for others to hear it works for the quests though. That grind was mind-numbing.

Edited by Grindroid

19 minutes ago, TheBubaknight said:

Yeah, I've read it on the Xbox forum, it works for the quests too.

19 minutes ago, Grindroid said:

Honestly, no idea. I didn't obtain the pets until I was going for this trophy. I did the 100 quests one at a time. Sad but happy for others to hear it works for the quests though. That grind was mind-numbing.

This is mad, i've just been on wiki hoping for an objective list and found one. Turns out there are objectives for everything almost, even quests complete. Didnt see one for successful Raider attack defences though

Maybe just triples everything offscreen, mad really

Yea, shame for you on that, i've done on a few and am not looking forward to it

This pet looks like a must have, probably works for majority of Trophies

EDIT.

Just gone through Trophy list, seems to be about 25 Trophies this may reduce the workload on by 3. Hopefully works on the kill 500 enemies

Im going to figure out how to get this early on, and see if it.works on them all.

Edited by optimusmart

Just now, Gefro-On-Defro said:

If I buy all the pets, will they be bought for every new game I start, or just the game save I buy them on?

Everything is locked to the save it is redeemed on, thus you will have to redo and rebuy everything from scratch if you start a new Vault.

3 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

If I buy all the pets, will they be bought for every new game I start, or just the game save I buy them on?

Only your current vault. Same with the lunchboxes. If I were doing this from scratch, I would get the pets and halt my population for raider only attacks, and do everything else requiring pop afterwards. There's still stuff you can do in the meantime with low pop. 

Edited by Grindroid
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBubaknight said:

I've tried to save scum, but it doesn't work. The drop is set after you have obtained the box.

Yea, it determines the loot inside once the lunchbox or pet carrier enters ur collection tab

The game also saves as soon as u open it, only way around to keep it in the collection is to save backup. Even then its a waste as its already determoned anyway

Anyway.....may be a way around it.....

You complete a objective that has a pet carrier as a reward, then before you claim the reward, so before it enters ur collection, u save backup

Now u just keep restoring the save, claiming the reward and then opening it. Hopefully that will work, and im sure I got a pet from a early on objective so sjould be simple to do

Thats the only way I can see around it, if it works

Or just buy some pets

Make sure to ignore the stupid guide and stop your Vault development at 29 dwellers.

29 dwellers pull a "random" disaster from fire/roaches/raiders pool. Raiders come quite frequently at this point.

At 30-31 dwellers you start pulling mutant moles, making raiders far less frequent, not to mention that moles wreck shit.

If you will continue your Vault development you will get radscorpions, feral ghouls and deathclaws.

There is also a hardcore mode in this game. If you enable it you will be getting more attacks, but the amount of dwellers you can have before moles start appearing will be lower.

And thanks for the pet tip!

• Like 2

I didn't notice that the pets actually help, I've had the 2x objective bird since the beginning and never had it equipped lol. I played for 5 hours yesterday continuously, no raider attacks or incidents whatsoever. This morning, deleted my game, backed up my save, re-installed the game and I got 2 raider attacks in under 10 minutes. I'm still confused by this whole thing. Only 29 more!

5 hours ago, TheBubaknight said:

I've tried to save scum, but it doesn't work. The drop is set after you have obtained the box.

I been playing around and there is a weekly quest that rewards a pet carrier, it has a level 14 or something requirement., cant remember name

I had to save backup BEFORE picking it up, when I did that, the pet would change. Save scumming AFTER collecting it, even before even accepting the reward from the dweller on return to the vault, would always give same pet, only name would change

So maybe best to get quests available asap, then timeskip till weekly quest shows pet reward

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

I have noticed when I first started the vault I got like 3 raiders in minutes, now it has been getting lower.

Survival might be the way to go, the problem is the risk it takes I guess.

I dont think survival is the way, even.with the increased frequency of attacks. Dwellers consume more resources meaning you will be spending more time and money building

Probably best to just do the quests and raider attacks at same time as they can both be done at a low dweller count and are both grindy

7 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I been playing around and there is a weekly quest that rewards a pet carrier, it has a level 14 or something requirement., cant remember name

I had to save backup BEFORE picking it up, when I did that, the pet would change. Save scumming AFTER collecting it, even before even accepting the reward from the dweller on return to the vault, would always give same pet, only name would change

So maybe best to get quests available asap, then timeskip till weekly quest shows pet reward

I dont think survival is the way, even.with the increased frequency of attacks. Dwellers consume more resources meaning you will be spending more time and money building

Probably best to just do the quests and raider attacks at same time as they can both be done at a low dweller count and are both grindy

Do you know the right week? Anyhow I think is a lot of work, maybe is better to live the game idle.

23 minutes ago, TheBubaknight said:

Do you know the right week? Anyhow I think is a lot of work, maybe is better to live the game idle.

I wasnt really doing them, just keeping an eye and it popped up. It will be random, I dont know how big the pool is but I hadnt done any at all so its in the early stages of the pool, just timeskip 7 days to change weekly quest

The objectives seem to go up in stages, there is only so many in the pool at a time, more unlock as u complete them, guessing same with quests

Leave it on idle for weeks, dont think thats a good idea

This 3 x  objective petis very important if time is important to u and u dont want to spend potentially 30pd.

The pet reduces the quests to 35 and raider attacks to 17. Considering a quest can take about 10mins plus, the pet is very almost

As for raider attacks,not sure exactly with them, ive got some experiementing to do there yet, but at least ive worked the pet out I think

EDIT:

Anyway, with the Raider attacks, if its all down to a low amount of dwellers like some say, then u could just evict loads to.bring.your dweller count down. Should work in theory if it is the dweller count responsible

Edited by optimusmart

14 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I wasnt really doing them, just keeping an eye and it popped up. It will be random, I dont know how big the pool is but I hadnt done any at all so its in the early stages of the pool, just timeskip 7 days to change weekly quest

The objectives seem to go up in stages, there is only so many in the pool at a time, more unlock as u complete them, guessing same with quests

Leave it on idle for weeks, dont think thats a good idea

This 3 x  objective petis very important if time is important to u and u dont want to spend potentially 30pd.

The pet reduces the quests to 35 and raider attacks to 17. Considering a quest can take about 10mins plus, the pet is very almost

As for raider attacks,not sure exactly with them, ive got some experiementing to do there yet, but at least ive worked the pet out I think

EDIT:

Anyway, with the Raider attacks, if its all down to a low amount of dwellers like some say, then u could just evict loads to.bring.your dweller count down. Should work in theory if it is the dweller count responsible

I have tried evicting dwellers, from 60+ to 29. The attack stopped. When I eventually got back to 60+ I got a deathclaw attack straight away.

41 minutes ago, TheBubaknight said:

Try questline Horsemen of Post-Apocalypse Part I. Mission 5 gives a pet and you don't have to fight there, just talk to some people.

4 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

Make sure to ignore the stupid guide and stop your Vault development at 29 dwellers.

29 dwellers pull a "random" disaster from fire/roaches/raiders pool. Raiders come quite frequently at this point.

At 30-31 dwellers you start pulling mutant moles, making raiders far less frequent, not to mention that moles wreck shit.

If you will continue your Vault development you will get radscorpions, feral ghouls and deathclaws.

There is also a hardcore mode in this game. If you enable it you will be getting more attacks, but the amount of dwellers you can have before moles start appearing will be lower.

And thanks for the pet tip!

Not sure how my guide is stupid, but if you have suggestions on how to improve it please feel free to mention them to me and I will take them into consideration. I feel like I described the fact that Raider attacks happen more often early on quite well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheBubaknight said:

Its GAME SHOW GAUNTLET and it is repeatable, its a weekly Quest, probably begins weekly from the day u first create the Quest room

The weekly quests and rewards are random as well. You get 2 quests in the pool, GAME SHOW GAUNTLET and VAUT TEC EXPERIMENT

For the GAME SHOW GAUNTLET, there are about 7 different versions, each has a slightly different reward and level requirement. Most the time, the version appears that rewards a lucnhbox, or cola bottles, but seems to be a 10% chance that the versions with a pet or mr handy as a reward wil appear

These are available right from the start when the quest room is first created

In regards to Raiders and population size, I've just had two raider attacks in the space of 10 minutes with a population of 56 so I'm going to say it's extremely randomised when they show up. I currently have two high charisma dwellers on the radio station but I don't think that really makes a difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gladiator995 said:

In regards to Raiders and population size, I've just had two raider attacks in the space of 10 minutes with a population of 56 so I'm going to say it's extremely randomised when they show up. I currently have two high charisma dwellers on the radio station but I don't think that really makes a difference.

You just have a much lower chance of getting raiders when you compete with everything else. With 29 pop your only possibilities are fires, roaches, and raiders instead of adding molerats, ghouls, scorpions, and deathclaws into the mix.  

I just got this trophy and I MIGHT have a way to make incidents (not just raiders) occur slightly faster. Do the Poppy and Cappy side quest that makes them show up at your vault. Skip one day with the time skip. This should make them immediately walk to the vault when you go back to the game. About 4 out of 5 times I had an incident occur when they were in the vault all the way until about 10 seconds after the vault door closes when they left. If an incident doesn't occur within 10 seconds of them leaving I just skipped another day.

I was at 39 dwellers and had a radio station built but it was NOT broadcasting and I got a raider attack about every 10 minutes on average. I saw no difference when it was broadcasting. 

This was still a grind but I found it made attacks happen faster than just sitting there waiting idle.

Edited by Jason-d-b
  • Like 1