Raider Attacks - Fallout Shelter

Baird_9965

1 hour ago, Jason-d-b said:

I just got this trophy and I MIGHT have a way to make incidents (not just raiders) occur slightly faster. Do the Poppy and Cappy side quest that makes them show up at your vault. Skip one day with the time skip. This should make them immediately walk to the vault when you go back to the game. About 4 out of 5 times I had an incident occur when they were in the vault all the way until about 10 seconds after the vault door closes when they left. If an incident doesn't occur within 10 seconds of them leaving I just skipped another day.

I was at 39 dwellers and had a radio station built but it was NOT broadcasting and I got a raider attack about every 10 minutes on average. I saw no difference when it was broadcasting. 

This was still a grind but I found it made attacks happen faster than just sitting there waiting idle.

I've been doing this tactic and raiders have been showing up every 5 minutes now. THANK YOU! lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason-d-b said:

I just got this trophy and I MIGHT have a way to make incidents (not just raiders) occur slightly faster. Do the Poppy and Cappy side quest that makes them show up at your vault. Skip one day with the time skip. This should make them immediately walk to the vault when you go back to the game. About 4 out of 5 times I had an incident occur when they were in the vault all the way until about 10 seconds after the vault door closes when they left. If an incident doesn't occur within 10 seconds of them leaving I just skipped another day.

I was at 39 dwellers and had a radio station built but it was NOT broadcasting and I got a raider attack about every 10 minutes on average. I saw no difference when it was broadcasting. 

This was still a grind but I found it made attacks happen faster than just sitting there waiting idle.

I will try this for sure. Thanks for the tip.

23 hours ago, TheBubaknight said:

I've tried to save scum, but it doesn't work. The drop is set after you have obtained the box.

More to it, ive been testing further and seems its related to realtime. The contents willl change while the carriers are in you collection tab, but realtime must actually pass with the game open, timeskipping wont do anything

Results from 5 pet carriers

Made a save backup, then left on for about half hour

1. Marley rare +64% wasteland junk

2. Siamese x 2 rad healing speed

3. Lis rare +24% wasteland caps

4. Rocky rare -17% Crafting time and cost

5. Toyger x 2.5 Stranger chance

Downloading backup straight away

1. Sassafras rare +19% Wasteland weapons and outfits

2. American shorthair 15% wasteland caps

3. Titan legendary +4 damage

4. Cardigan rare -15% crafting time

5. Bear rare x 2 wasteland return speed

Downloaded backup straight away

1. Bella rare +17% wasteland weapons and outfits

2. American shorthair +7% wasteland caps

4. Winston rare -16% Crafting time and cost

5. Toyger x 2.5 Stranger chance

1. Baxter rare +18% wasteland weapons and outfits

2. American shorthair +8% wasteland caps

4. Winston rare -12% Crafting time and cost

5. Ruby rare x 2 wasteland return speed

Downloaded backup sraight away

1. Smokey rare +18% wasteland weapons and outfits

2. American shorthair +7% wasteland caps

4. Scratch rare -14% Crafting time and cost

5. Tuccker rare x 2 wasteland return speed

1. Oscar rare +17% wasteland weapons and outfits

2. American shorthair +9% wasteland caps

3. Pekoe rare +27% wasteland caps

4. Sophie rare -19% Crafting time and cost

5. Yoyger x 2.5 Stranger chance

Downloaded backup, then left for approx half hour

1. Duke legendary 97% wasteland junk

2. Collie -8% crafting cost

3. Onyx rare -16% training time

4. Fluffy rare +30% xp

5. Yuki rare x 2 objective completion

As you can see, the stats are slightly random, but the pets will change after certain amount of time has passed with the game actually active

EDIT:

Bit more, after about 40mins, backed up then opened

1. American shorthair +9% Wasteland caps

2. Emmett rare -21% crafting time

3. Doberman x 2 healing speed

4. Pongo legendary 75% Twins chance

5. Charlie rare +2 Damage

Restored before the above

1. American shorthair +7% Wasteland caps

2. Felix rare -23% crafting time

3. Doberman x 2 Healing speed

4. Pongo legendary 75% twins chance

5. Charlie rare +2 damage

Seems pretty clear, that carriers owned but not ye opened, there contents change after realtime spent within the game (rerolls similar to attacks)

So, I would say, best way they get is to buy the 3pd 5 pets bundle straight away, then redeem but dont open.

Now backup and open, if not what u want, restore save, play for 30mins, backup and then try again. If not what u want then repeat

Or purchase the 15 pets for 8pd to speed it up

U must backup everytime just before u open again, just so the realtime spent isnt wasted, otherwise the pets will revert back to the initial contents

Edited by optimusmart

23 hours ago, TheBubaknight said:

Would it be advisable to find an animal box and save scumming 'till you find dogmeat or the parrot?

Is it possible to use the plus free gift more than once?

Is it possible to get the German Sheppard or Parrot from a normal Lunch box? I know you can get animals from Lunch boxes.

13 minutes ago, Mimecrime said:

Is it possible to get the German Sheppard or Parrot from a normal Lunch box? I know you can get animals from Lunch boxes.

Maybe, but they are very VERY rare from lunchboxes so you would be lookin at hours of work. They are literally like 1 in 20 lunchboxes rare, and then that is only 1 pet out of loads

So I bought the 2nd most expensive pet pack, and got the bird that gives x3 objective completion. So if I equip my main quest person, it should count as 3 for every quest complete. Is that correct? For raider attacks does the guy who has it equipped need to be at the shelter? Or will it count as 3 even if hes out?

I have found the parrot, done a raider attack and the count went up only by one. The number in the stats goes up accordingly or only the hidden one for the trophy? I have to kill the enemies with the owner of the pet or it's enough to have him in the room where the raiders attack?

For Raider attacks, I was experimenting a bit today, it seems they dont begin until u reach a certain amount of water/food/diner resources available and then the settler count, but I didnt get to that. 

Radroaches didnt seem to be happening, just raider and fires. Although uncertain, the radroaches may have stopped ttacking because I removed the stimpak and radpak rooms...........or coincidence, didnt test further

I found as long as I was on day 1, once a incident occurs and is removed, I skip time 7 days and 10mins, then a incident would always occur few mins later, then repeat

Also, I know some say going back in time is ok, but 

1. It messes up the sound making u worried

And 2

2. Incidents seemed to stop occurring, so I had to quit and reload the vault

Another important thing, I managed to get 100 Dwellers in the vault with only 6 rooms, 3 were quarters, other 3 were resources. Once u unlock rooms, they stay unlocked, so u can unlock them then send dwellers away to get back to 20 or whatever

You manipulate the pregnancies, and babies dont need a  room space to be in the vault, jus a vault space from quarters. And pregancies will still occur without food/water, rooms just need power

Right route, u can prob unlock every room within 30mins of.new vault

Edited by optimusmart

Ive not checked every factor yet, but my observations recently have been that each incident doesnt only have a dweller requirement, but there are other requirements as well. Removing these can prevent other incidents for occuring as well, for example, mysterious stranger and Radroaches

For Raiders, it seems this start to spawn when a certain dweller count is reached, and when your vault can produce a certain amount of power/water/food, not sure on the exact count though

With mysterious stranger, I think he starts appearing once u have a certain amount of rooms, same for fires

Radroachese, these may start appearing when a dweller count is reached and/or a stimpack or radpack room is present. This is a brief observation by the way, when I removed those rooms in a early vault, the Radroaches seemed to stop

I reached a point when only Raiders and fires seemed to occur, raids became much more frequent obviously 

What is in the same pool as raiders, im not sure, maybe the stranger is, maybe its not. Also there may be some incidents that can occur when another is active, some that dont

What im trying to say is, to increase raider chances, its not just to decrease your dweller count, but also to decrease the other criteria so that they have more chance to occur

Dont know if this helps or not, but in case it does here it goes. I have 27 dwellers, allways 7/8 out on the wasteland or on quests, vault door on the lowest possible level and 2 guys on the radio room(not leveled up). Every ~15/20 mins i get an atack and it seems to coincide with when all my resources are full. Dont know if this is the normal frequency that they apear for everyone, for those that isnt maybe you can try and mimic my setup. Good luck and patience :)

32 minutes ago, TJvanderHeeft said:

Will raiders occur more when I reduce my vault population to 30 while I still have my guys level 50?

We believe so yes, the drop below 30 definitely, but have no idea with levels, not like u have a choice anyway

If u bring it down to 14 dwellers, get enough resources on 1 or 2 floors to cover them all. Then buy 1 or 2 Mr Handy's at 99p each, u can then just leave ur vault open with power saving settings off, overnight or for a day, Trophy will be urs with no work at all

I just unlock the platinum.

I had 19 guys , 2 radio tower , 3 guys in front of the gate , max food , water , power and a dog with x3 objective;

Launch the game , wait for a incident :

- If it's a raider attack , cool. If not like  ( fire or another ) finish him.

- change the date ( +1 days , but take back a few minutes , like that , it would be the same hour/min as during the previous incident )

- And wait for a new incident ( max 5min )

I ve had a attack every 4-5min .

Not sure it will work with everyone , but or me , it did. Good luck  ?

4 minutes ago, sharpshooter_x56 said:

What’s the best way of just AFKing for this?

Have just 1 or 2 floors full of resources, u will need 14-34 dwellers, so that wil decide how.many resources u.need. I am still yet to figure out if more or less dwellers increases Raider attack frequency or.not

Then u need to.put Mr handys on those floors. Put living quarters on.top.floor and ur best weapons up there

Equip every1 else with best weapons. Mr handies will lose health over time.so.probably check.in every few hours to.repair them.if.needed

If resources hit.0, incidents will stop

You guys worry too much about this. If anything, even with high level vaults, you still get raiders attacks, it's just has lower chance, but they still attack once in a while.

I didn't bother slowing down the rate at which my vault develop and still managed to stop 32. I'm still at about 40 quests done so I expect to be finished before i hit 100 quests.

The real worry you should have is legendary stuff if you keep your vault at low tier.

Edited by GastNDorf

I brought my base down to 6 rooms and 20-30 people and I try the methods in this thread, but when I get incidents it is mostly Fire or Radroach attack.  I can get an incident every 5-10 min but its usually those and only maybe 2 raider attacks an hour... What am I doing wrong how can I stop the fires and radroaches and make it only raiders?