Focus on?

MoreTheVictim

Okay I'm about to start this game and after reading a trophy guide I see there's way too much too focus on in this game.

But I also read that you can go back and do everything BEFORE the final boss. Except the 4 missable trophies.

Is that best thing to do? Because I'm just too autistic to be able to play this game without getting a headache when focussing on so many things.

On which things should I focus on? And which things should I leave for the near end?

• Like 1

1) Make sure to get the bead in the River of the Heavens

2) Make sure to fight a Fire Doom Mirror before leaving the Imperial Palace mission

3) Don't die more than 5 times (You can fail game sequences, it only counts as a death if you see a game over screen).

4) Midway through the game

"Right after you finish going through the Sunken Ship in Ryoshima Coast and getting the Lucky Mallet item, you will start an on-water chase sequence where you run away from the Water Dragon. To easily escape, make a lily pad on the water, use it to double jump followed by a headbutt to get as far as you can towards the shore. Rinse and repeat." - take from ps3t.org trophy guide. You have to complete this sequence without being eaten.

ps. What do you mean you are "too autistic" ?

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 1

Those things aren't missable from my understanding, so long as you don't progress further when the game literally stops you and tells you "this is a point of no return". At that point, you can go back and collect everything.

Okay that sounds good.

Just to be sure, the only points of no returns are the River of Heavens and the final boss, correct?

This is good to hear, this way I can focus on different things at different times, not all at the same time.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :)

2) Make sure to fight a Fire Doom Mirror before leaving the Imperial Palace mission

3) Don't die more than 5 times (You can fail game sequences, it only counts as a death if you see a game over screen).

4) Midway through the game

"Right after you finish going through the Sunken Ship in Ryoshima Coast and getting the Lucky Mallet item, you will start an on-water chase sequence where you run away from the Water Dragon. To easily escape, make a lily pad on the water, use it to double jump followed by a headbutt to get as far as you can towards the shore. Rinse and repeat." - take from ps3t.org trophy guide. You have to complete this sequence without being eaten.

ps. What do you mean you are "too autistic" ?

If you see a game over screen, can you reload an old game save so the death does not count?

the game will warn you at the end before you get to ''the point of no return'' save at this point then go do everything.  

when you travel back in time there is an enemy that only appears here (i think it's the clay flyer) make sure you get it. and when you're shrunk down, near the beginning and you enter the palace there will be a fire enemy. it's hard to miss but this is also a one time enemy.

if you don't get enough praise points the first time around, don't worry, they carry over to new game +

also i found it very hard to die in this game (i didn't die once) so getting less than 5 deaths is easy

Edited by shawnbenham
  • Like 1

Actually, you can go back to the River of the Heavens pretty much anytime you like.  So long as you have access to the first town and so long as you're in the "present time period" (i.e. not in "the past"), you're good on that part.  So you don't have to worry about that particular Bead if you miss it early on.

• Like 1

Alright thanks for all the help fellas. :)

Having a blast playing this game, it's a wonderfull game.

However, I do have some questions.

About the Barking up the Cherry Tree, how do I how many demon fangs and praise I have? Can I check that somewhere?

And when defeating enemies they usually drop 2 things. One of them being a black thing. I think it's ink, is that correct?

Edited by MrCostari

you could write down how many of each you have and update it everytime it changes,

you will most likely have enough demon fangs (they're very easy to get) but if not, just don't use them until the end and you will see how many you have.

for praise : this is how the upgrades work 
Solar Energy: 50 - 80 - 110 - 140 - 170 - 200 - 230 - 260 - 290 - 310 - 330 - 350 = 2520 total

Ink Pot: 50 - 100 - 200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400 = 1650 total

Astral Pouch: 300 - 350 - 400 = 1050 total

Purse: 150 - 250 - 400 = 800 total

before the point of no return at the end, if you're short on praise just go do lots of side quests or bloom a bunch of flowers.

• Like 1

you could write down how many of each you have and update it everytime it changes,

you will most likely have enough demon fangs (they're very easy to get) but if not, just don't use them until the end and you will see how many you have.

for praise : this is how the upgrades work 

Solar Energy: 50 - 80 - 110 - 140 - 170 - 200 - 230 - 260 - 290 - 310 - 330 - 350 = 2520 total

Ink Pot: 50 - 100 - 200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400 = 1650 total

Astral Pouch: 300 - 350 - 400 = 1050 total

Purse: 150 - 250 - 400 = 800 total

before the point of no return at the end, if you're short on praise just go do lots of side quests or bloom a bunch of flowers.

So there is no way to know how many Demon Fangs I exactly have? Kinda sucks... 

It's good to see the total praise required for all the upgrades is higher than what I need for the trophy.That makes that easier.

EDIT: I just found out I did it wrong with demon fangs all the time. But now I know how to do it and know how many I have collected. :)

Edited by MrCostari