*New* Energy Balance Solver (More Friendly?)

Imyanub

2 minutes ago, Buje-Boy said:

I wanted to plat this game so bad and had a lot of problems to solve those puzzles. They are really tricky.

The YouTube-video Energy Balance Trophy & Achievement Guide | Energy Balance Solver | All Solutions from

IBadDriverI showed me how to beat it with this program. It's pretty easy to handle and all solutions came within thirty

seconds. I wanna thank IBadDriverI and of course Imyanub for this easy working program. It's genius how it worked

so well. :) 

Now I got my :platinum: for Energy Balance. Big thumbs up from me. 1f44d.png

ya, iBadDriveri is awesome. I'm actually friends with him.

• Like 1

If it's Hardcore 3 you're waiting for, then just reset the puzzle. I tried a couple where it took 10 minutes to find a solution and was still running (and almost crashing my laptop), but on my third try it solved it in 20 seconds.

Also, just wanted to thank the OP for creating this tool. Brilliant mate, thank you.

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

If it's Hardcore 3 you're waiting for, then just reset the puzzle. I tried a couple where it took 10 minutes to find a solution and was still running (and almost crashing my laptop), but on my third try it solved it in 20 seconds.

Also, just wanted to thank the OP for creating this tool. Brilliant mate, thank you.

Nope, it's level 12. I understand level 12 takes the longest but it has been a while.

The solver can take upwards of 10 minutes for the later levels and last two of hardcore and square mode. As others had said before, its easier to just reset the puzzle, sometimes you'll get ones that are easier for the solver to well...solve.

3 minutes ago, Imyanub said:

Hey man sorry I was busy today, in case you are still on this puzzle here is the solution.

2018-07-03_1748.png

No problem! Thank you for doing this! I was able to finally get it to work in the end after a couple of resets. I really appreciate this Energy Balance solver! Thank you so much!

• Like 1

The v1.2 release is now posted on Github.

I will be out of town for a few days following the 4th so I will be unable to run puzzles until later this month, hopefully the new release should work well for everyone.

Release notes:

This release should improve upon the solve times for most all puzzles, as I have used this version to test and solve many peoples problem puzzles on psnprofiles.com.

Known Issues:

• There is a case where the % complete bar can report 100% before the puzzle has been solved (or even immediately). Please ignore this and allow it to run as long as you are comfortable for before attempting a new puzzle. The puzzle will continue to run until it is complete regardless of what the % complete reports.

This version addresses the following:

• Worse performance on story level 12 in v1.1.
  • High memory usage (most puzzles should use far less memory now).
  • Changes to how the % complete is calculated.
  • Attempting to provide general guidance to how difficult the puzzle is in terms of total number of combinations that need to be attempted with: Easy, Medium, Hard, Harder, Impossible. NOTE: Just because a puzzle says its impossible doesn't mean the solution will take forever, but it does mean that if it has been running for awhile, it might be a good time to generate a new one. Also even easy puzzles can sometimes take awhile to solve (less likely but I have seen it happen).
  • General performance improvements, most puzzles should solve within 5 minutes or less. As always if it seems to be taking too long (over 40 minutes is where I would kill it) try to generate a new one in the game.
Edited by Imyanub
  • Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 6:01 PM, Imyanub said:

The v1.2 release is now posted on Github.

I will be out of town for a few days following the 4th so I will be unable to run puzzles until later this month, hopefully the new release should work well for everyone.

Release notes:

This release should improve upon the solve times for most all puzzles, as I have used this version to test and solve many peoples problem puzzles on psnprofiles.com.

Known Issues:

• There is a case where the % complete bar can report 100% before the puzzle has been solved (or even immediately). Please ignore this and allow it to run as long as you are comfortable for before attempting a new puzzle. The puzzle will continue to run until it is complete regardless of what the % complete reports.

This version addresses the following:

• Worse performance on story level 12 in v1.1.
  • High memory usage (most puzzles should use far less memory now).
  • Changes to how the % complete is calculated.
  • Attempting to provide general guidance to how difficult the puzzle is in terms of total number of combinations that need to be attempted with: Easy, Medium, Hard, Harder, Impossible. NOTE: Just because a puzzle says its impossible doesn't mean the solution will take forever, but it does mean that if it has been running for awhile, it might be a good time to generate a new one. Also even easy puzzles can sometimes take awhile to solve (less likely but I have seen it happen).
  • General performance improvements, most puzzles should solve within 5 minutes or less. As always if it seems to be taking too long (over 40 minutes is where I would kill it) try to generate a new one in the game.

I just bought the UK version & tested out your updated v1.2 solver..

Annnd I can confirm that this one works MUCH better! It was able to solve Puzzle#11/12 and HardcorePuzzle#3 in under 75 seconds with my 8GB of RAM??..Oh & the new difficulty detector came in handy too!

Thanks once again @Imyanub ???

• Like 1

Can some one do me a seriously great favor? 

My pc is broken and i cant salve the puzzle can i upload them here and someone give me the answer 

If this file was on Android i could do that with my phone  but any way i stuck and need help and will be available in 7 hours. 

Edited by despoteee

• 1 month later...

Sorry to be a bother but trying to solve hardcore 3 kept crashing the program or freezing at 87.5% no matter how many attempts I tried for some reason, I tried it on a few computers too. So could someone help me with this?

-29 | +29 | -2  |  -28  | +14 |  -6 |  -4  | -26/32|

-19 |        | -10|         |   +1 |       |  +6 |

+14|   -1  | -9  | +10  | +14 | -5  |   -2 |  +12 |  33/18|

+26|        | -34|          | -27 |       |+20 |

-8           |+13 |         | +17 | -4  | -26 |  +7  | -6/-13|

/              -42               10         | +2 |  +26 | 28/-7|

24             /                  /             -4

19              -54            /

Update: Nevermind, this was running on an older version. I didn't realize there was an update to the program. The new update worked great. 

Edited by Tosix4lif3
update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Chamillitary44 said:

alright i need someone to show me how to properly input the numbers of hardcore level 3. Do I need to put L or U on every one or just certain ones

U indicates that the answer is for the numbers above it.

L is an answer for the numbers to the left.

You can put them on any answer, but they are really only needed if your answer block is directly touching more than a single non answer space.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Imyanub said:

U indicates that the answer is for the numbers above it.

L is an answer for the numbers to the left.

You can put them on any answer, but they are really only needed if your answer block is directly touching more than a single non answer space.

Hope that helps.

I figured it out eventually but thanks for the help

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Whitino87 said:

Im currently on Level 8 and have tried this 20+ times. It just runs endlessly with no solution. Is there anything else I can do or am I just s.o.l?

Did you try just restarting the level? Sometimes they just aren't able to be solved in a timely manner. 

I also used a combination of this solver and another python based one that you can find online (and I did a few on the website that's now taken down). I found if one solver couldn't figure it out, the other usually could. 

4 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Did you try just restarting the level? Sometimes they just aren't able to be solved in a timely manner. 

I also used a combination of this solver and another python based one that you can find online (and I did a few on the website that's now taken down). I found if one solver couldn't figure it out, the other usually could. 

Yes, I am on reset number 25 and it is just unable to solve any one I've done.

7 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Finally got one to pop.

PLEASE HELP!! my laptop cant run the level 8 in story mode. Im playing on my vita.

-5              7

1    1   5   -7   7   8   -2L

0   -6              0  -1  -10L

6   -3   -4L     -3  -4

-7  -7   -7  -5  -1  -3  1L

5U  5             -5   5

11U          2U  4

-30U

Edited by PaulVillanueva
Nevermind. I already managed to do it in another pc. Maybe later I will need some help.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:02 PM, PaulVillanueva said:

PLEASE HELP!! my laptop cant run the level 8 in story mode. Im playing on my vita.

-5              7

1    1   5   -7   7   8   -2L

0   -6              0  -1  -10L

6   -3   -4L     -3  -4

-7  -7   -7  -5  -1  -3  1L

5U  5             -5   5

11U          2U  4

-30U

Make sure you are using the latest version v1.3 (at this time). It solved this for me in less than 10 seconds...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...