Dino wont wake up

Okay, I tranquilized a dino a little bit back, but now, the thing hasn't woken up again, it's still under the effects of the dart(s), and it's essentially starving.  Is there any way where one can wake up said dino? As in, are there any buildings or anything I can use to help wake it up? Otherwise, I am going to have to let it die on the ground and remove it via ACU.

I just find it weird that it still hasn't woken up yet, even though I did the same with a triceratops and that woke up and is having about as much fun as a three horned dino can have.

Edit: Decided to just let it die and then remove it.  Still not sure on if there's anything that fixes such a thing or not though.

Edited by DrakeHellsing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xLilSheWolfx said:

Did you move it to a different spot in the paddock with the helicopter? That normally wakes them up for me. 

Never thought about doing that.  I might try that next time something like that happens to me.  I just thought it was odd that it had still not woken up, making me thing I shot it too many times with the dart xD

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Never thought about doing that.  I might try that next time something like that happens to me.  I just thought it was odd that it had still not woken up, making me thing I shot it too many times with the dart xD

Yeah I'm currently playing on Xbox but will get it on PS4 at some point and it happened to me too. I accidently shot another Dino as the one I was aiming for ran past it lol

So after a couple of minutes watching the dino remain sedated I chose to move her over slightly via the ACU and she instantly woke up.

Edited by xLilSheWolfx

Just now, xLilSheWolfx said:

Yeah I'm currently playing on Xbox but will get it on PS4 at some point and it happened to me too. I accidently shot another Dino as the one I was aiming for ran past it lol

So after a couple of minutes watching the dino remain sedated I chose to move her over slight via the ACU and she instantly woke up.

I think I sedated it by mistake... where I think it was sick and I was using the wrong team (I was doing it manually XD).  But regardless, thanks for clearing that small thing up, now I know if something goes wrong again, to move the dino a bit and it should wake up again :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I think I sedated it by mistake... where I think it was sick and I was using the wrong team (I was doing it manually XD).  But regardless, thanks for clearing that small thing up, now I know if something goes wrong again, to move the dino a bit and it should wake up again :D

No worries glad I could be of help.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

I might as well ask this here quickly if you could answer this one, getting a genome to 100%, does that actually do anything? Or not really?

From what I have seen it seems to make the Dinos live longer that's as much as I know at the moment

From what I have seen it seems to make the Dinos live longer that's as much as I know at the moment

Ah, that would be nice, especially since I've had 2 dinos die on me without any diseases contracted (if they did get one, I'd get my ranger team to them ASAP and contain the outbreak).  So I'm guessing, old age got to them.  So 100% would be nice then by the sounds of it.

Ah, that would be nice, especially since I've had 2 dinos die on me without any diseases contracted (if they did get one, I'd get my ranger team to them ASAP and contain the outbreak).  So I'm guessing, old age got to them.  So 100% would be nice then by the sounds of it.

Yeah getting it to 100% does help then if you find any extra fossils that you no longer need, you can sell it to make money for your parks.

Yeah getting it to 100% does help then if you find any extra fossils that you no longer need, you can sell it to make money for your parks.

The game does that, as in, once to 100%, you can't actually extract anymore, it greys out the option (I know that because the small dino, Struthimimus or however you spell it, the little herbivore ones), they're at 100% for me and I can only sell their fossils now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

The game does that, as in, once to 100%, you can't actually extract anymore, it greys out the option (I know that because the small dino, Struthimimus or however you spell it, the little herbivore ones), they're at 100% for me and I can only sell their fossils now.

So far it's a really fun game I know I will get stressed when I add more Carnivores and breakouts will occur lol Along with the weather destroying fences lol

Brings back memories from the other JP game called Operation Genesis 

So far it's a really fun game I know I will get stressed when I add more Carnivores and breakouts will occur lol Along with the weather destroying fences lol

Brings back memories from the other JP game called Operation Genesis 

Yup, only have one available to me right now (haven't created it on the second island as I've only just gotten to it... well second time as I messed up first time with finances there xD ).  But it looks like I could get some raptors soon once I get 50% with them, so that should be interesting.

And yes, Operation Genesis, that was a good game.

• Like 1

Yup, only have one available to me right now (haven't created it on the second island as I've only just gotten to it... well second time as I messed up first time with finances there xD ).  But it looks like I could get some raptors soon once I get 50% with them, so that should be interesting.

And yes, Operation Genesis, that was a good game.

Good luck with the rest of the game, hopefully you shouldn't have anymore issues with dying sedated Dinos :)

The photo related Trophies look like fun to get lol 

Good luck with the rest of the game, hopefully you shouldn't have anymore issues with dying sedated Dinos :)

The photo related Trophies look like fun to get lol 

I'd say with those photo ones, should be interesting to get for sure :)

I am wondering how these unlocks for characters in particular are working.  The other stuff like the paleontology and the diseases at the very least are straightforward.  But ah well, no rush to figure it out yet xD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Okay, I tranquilized a dino a little bit back, but now, the thing hasn't woken up again, it's still under the effects of the dart(s), and it's essentially starving.  Is there any way where one can wake up said dino? As in, are there any buildings or anything I can use to help wake it up? Otherwise, I am going to have to let it die on the ground and remove it via ACU.

I just find it weird that it still hasn't woken up yet, even though I did the same with a triceratops and that woke up and is having about as much fun as a three horned dino can have.

Edit: Decided to just let it die and then remove it.  Still not sure on if there's anything that fixes such a thing or not though.

One negative to this game versus JPOG is that if you tranq a dinosaur, it won't wake up by itself. You MUST move it, even if that's only two feet, for it to recover. Otherwise, it'll slowly die. This was confirmed by Frontier in an interview. Tranq'd dinosaurs can also be sold for cash. I sometimes get annoyed if a dinosaur kills guests and after tranqing it, think I'll just let it die, but then I remember selling it is more beneficial.

Edited by Pirelli913

You have to relocate it for the dinosaur to wake up with ACU transport

By I mean by relocation, just move it few feet away from where its sleeping and it will wake up on its own. I know relocation is not the word

Edited by kerck11

7 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

One negative to this game versus JPOG is that if you tranq a dinosaur, it won't wake up by itself. You MUST move it, even if that's only two feet, for it to recover. Otherwise, it'll slowly die. This was confirmed by Frontier in an interview. Tranq'd dinosaurs can also be sold for cash. I sometimes get annoyed if a dinosaur kills guests and after tranqing it, think I'll just let it die, but then I remember selling it is more beneficial.

I couldn't find a sell option myself.  Especially as there was another dino I had that was getting ticked off with the enclosure not being comfy enough (yet all the other dinos were having a blast), so I tranquilized it and moved it to the carnivore area... it escaped again there, but I put it back in and it was eaten (then plan I had for the dino... yeah I know, I'm horrible xD ).

On 6/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, DrakeHellsing said:

I couldn't find a sell option myself.  Especially as there was another dino I had that was getting ticked off with the enclosure not being comfy enough (yet all the other dinos were having a blast), so I tranquilized it and moved it to the carnivore area... it escaped again there, but I put it back in and it was eaten (then plan I had for the dino... yeah I know, I'm horrible xD ).

In order to sell a dinosaur once it's been tranq'd, you need to do the steps like you would if you were gonna move it. Once you click on it to move it, the option to sell is revealed.

1 minute ago, Pirelli913 said:

In order to sell a dinosaur once it's been tranq'd, you need to do the steps like you would if you were gonna move it. Once you click on it to move it, the option to sell is revealed.

Ah, thanks for that.  Will keep that in mind if any of my dinos are pissed off that they're not as comfy as others.  Will tranq it and then sell it... either that, or feed it to the carnivores again xD