AJ Maciejewski

Make the game easier with the Ancient Weapon

6 posts in this topic

If you're finding Everspace to be too difficult then you can unlock a super-secret Ancient Weapon that makes the game much, much easier. We published an article here that details how to unlock it and it also includes some tips for using it, too: Everspace Ancient Weapon Guide

Good luck out there! 🎮😺

The guide doesn't mention you can visit a service stations and pay to repair your hull.

I'm currently using this weapon on my fully perked Interceptor, with Leech installed, too, of course! ;) As the starter ship, it doesn't seem to get much love from players. Most guides I've read suggest using the Scout, but I think the Interceptor is better.

Before I found the Ancient Weapon I was running this with Dare Devil and Loadout B for the Beam Laser Mk 3. Press fire and just hold on! :D Since I didn't need a shield I could fit better aggressive mods, such as the Weapon Overdrive Mk 3. This and a fully upgraded BL Mk 3 + damage booster was devastating, especially against Guardians. Mind you, because of its low range I always had to be up close and personal. However, this seemed to be advantageous, because I appeared to be inside the missiles' turning circle, so they invariably missed.

I'm trying to complete a hard run ATM and discovered that if I fit Berserker, the Ancient Weapon doesn't damage my ship if I only fire it when boosting. So I fitted Energy Extenders and boost everywhere. :D

However, I make the inevitable error and mess up the run. Best I've managed so far is Sector 5. It's pretty annoying that all the later stages always seem to have a jump suppressor, usually on a frigate! Whilst they are easy to take down, it's not so easy to do with a dozen other ships bugging me. At least that keeps Beserker happy! ;)

I'm not usually a fan of Rogue games, but this is the best. Great game, I'll be sad to see the end of when (if!) I get that platinum trophy. A sequel or more DLC would be most welcome.

On 4/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, Xemik said:

I'm trying to complete a hard run ATM and discovered that if I fit Berserker, the Ancient Weapon doesn't damage my ship if I only fire it when boosting. So I fitted Energy Extenders and boost everywhere. :D

Awesome! Did not know that. 😀

On 30/04/2019 at 9:28 PM, AJ Maciejewski said:

Awesome! Did not know that. 1f600.png

I completed my Hard run using the Gunship kitted out with the Ancient Weapon, Berserker and Equaliser. With enhanced energy installed too, it turned out to be a pretty formidable setup.

Posted (edited)

Ancient Weapon + Leech + Jump Repairs 

This set up is easy mode.  

I killed almost 400 enemies on Hard mode with this set up FTW.

Edited by s69-5