bioxz

I read your book unlocks

22 posts in this topic

Hey, after finishing most of JWE in a few hours, my INGEN database is still missing some stuff:

• 5 Locations
  • 4 Characters
  • 14(!) Memos

Has anyone an idea how to unlock those? I have visited every island, finished every mission and unlocked everything. I have no idea what else to do (in a progressing way) to get the missing database entries. The only hint I found was to get each division maxed once on each island for the memos, but I already maxed each division once (on different islands) and still only have one memo.

Perhaps building certain things could help? I myself have no idea how the location, characters and memos unlock as is.  I've not unlocked any memos and the other two, they just seem to unlock... whenever really.  I know the other entries unlock by researching and doing dig sites.

But again, my guess is to build different things... maybe have certain things happen in the parks?

I have built everything at least once, have every dino at 100% and incubated each one at least once. Every research project is completed and the dig site map is completely empty/green. I don't see any indication in game that there is something I could do I haven't done so far to unlock the missing entries.

2 minutes ago, bioxz said:

I have built everything at least once, have every dino at 100% and incubated each one at least once. Every research project is completed and the dig site map is completely empty/green. I don't see any indication in game that there is something I could do I haven't done so far to unlock the missing entries.

Hmm, maybe take on contracts still? Perhaps one of the characters that speak to you might say something that unlocks something else? But yeah, that sort of thing is annoying, as when I've been playing it, characters and locations were just unlocking without me understanding how.

I mean the disease ones I know, research the cure stuff and the entry unlocks.  Paleontology, sell things that have no DNA in them.  Those ones at the very least are more straightforward than the other ones are.

Hi. If you haven’t already play the sandbox mode for the last locations. I’m still doing the sandbox and only missing 1 character. As for the memos I don’t have a clue as I’m missing everyone. I’ve 5star all island unlocked everything. It maybe bugged I’m not to sure. 

Memos are for filling each division and each map. For some reason this didn’t unlock for me when I got the trophies but now for some reason they are. 

Edited by wayneybop

23 hours ago, wayneybop said:

Memos are for filling each division and each map. For some reason this didn’t unlock for me when I got the trophies but now for some reason they are. 

I can confirm this now, although there seems to be a bug around those divisions. Unlocking the trophy won't unlock the database entry at the same time. Either the trophy unlocks earlier (at 98% or something) or you can't unlock two things at once. In both cases doing another mission from that division unlocks the database entry as it should.

23 hours ago, wayneybop said:

[...] only missing 1 character.

I'm in the same situation now. If I remember correctly it's the third character from the top. Sadly the character and location unlocks still seem random for me, so I have no idea what to do beside just keep playing. Getting five stars on "sandbox island" gave me the missing locations and all characters but the missing one.

I just can't unlock character nr 6. Its the last missing one. I have all Dinos 100% + incubated. 5 starts on all islands. 100% in every faction on every island. All dig site completed, all upgrades. Build all shops sold everthing. I tried for hours now and don't know what there is left to try. Because no one else seems to have problems with it.

My last character (which wasn't the third btw, mistake on my side) had to be unlocked by that hybrid rex eating a visitor. So make sure you let each carnivore eat a visitor, let a few plant eater roam in your park. Things you normally try to avoid also unlock characters. Take photos from everything. And get five stars on all six island (including the sandbox one).

There must be something specific. About 40 dinos go on a rampage and shoot fotos off everything. I also 5 star rated every island including nublar. It is so frustrating.

EDIT: Finally unlocked him. All you have to do is release a T-Rex by opening a gate manually. Big thanks to SwiiTcH97 for figuring this out.

Edited by Error211

Maybe we should start a list in here whenever we can confirm some requirements for a character. I think the locations are unlocked while finishing all six islands, the memos are for the divisions, so only the characters are more complicated to get.

I unlocked Zach and Gray on Isla Nublar but I'm not sure how did I do it. For Gray, its either releasing the triceratops or reaching 3 stars however when I reached 2/2.5 stars, Zach unlocked on my character list or when I released the parasaulophus

I'm quite certain that when you release the Spinosaurus on Isla nublar, you'll unlock the raptor pen in locations

All I need to do is to unlock the memos and I have no idea how. I got 5 unlocked(idk how I got it) and need 10 more

5 hours ago, kerck11 said:

All I need to do is to unlock the memos and I have no idea how. I got 5 unlocked(idk how I got it) and need 10 more

I've been maxing out the three factions on each island. That unlocks some of the memos. Maxed out all three factions at least once each on the first, third and fourth islands and have unlocked 8/15 memos.

9 hours ago, kerck11 said:

3 hours ago, Pirelli913 said:

I've been maxing out the three factions on each island. That unlocks some of the memos. Maxed out all three factions at least once each on the first, third and fourth islands and have unlocked 8/15 memos.

As I confirmed earlier in this thread the memos are ALL unlocked from the islands divisions, three on each of the five islands. Just make sure it really unlocks an entry.

On 6/19/2018 at 0:07 AM, bioxz said:

Maybe we should start a list in here whenever we can confirm some requirements for a character. I think the locations are unlocked while finishing all six islands, the memos are for the divisions, so only the characters are more complicated to get.

That would be useful I think.  I mean, I haven't been back to the game yet (just being lazy and all that), but to know what unlocks, well, what, would be useful to know, especially on these characters and all that sort of stuff.

But reading what people say, releasing dinos into the parks... yeah, I wouldn't think of that.  Probably will do that at a later date xD

I am missing one character entrie, after i've completed everything in the game.

It's the one after Frankling Webb followed by Dr. Henry Wu. I don't have high hopes that anyone knows exactly how to unlock this one, but could somewone tell me who it is and what the text says? maybe, like with some of other the entries, that gives some clues to help unlock it.

Got it.

Character Was Ken wheatly and i Released a carnotaurus on isla muerta

Edited by Skargarim

I am only missing the Character Entry between Eric Kirby and Vivian Krill. Does anyone know what I have to do?

Edit: It's Paul Kirby n you you have to release a Ceratosaurus and watch her eat someone

Edited by AtaraxicDream

Are you suppose to get an ingen unlock each time you 5 start an island, or is it only after you 5 star all of them? I just 5 starred the first and I haven't noticed anything special unlock. 

Do you only need to hit 5 stars once per island or do you have to maintain 5 stars across all islands ?

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos

10 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

Do you only need to hit 5 stars once per island or do you have to maintain 5 stars across all islands ?

You just need to hit it once.