PlayStation Store Prepaid Cards in danger of being discontinued?

Alantor32

10 hours ago, ddracarys said:

I’m in New Zealand, and these PlayStation Store topup cards can be found pretty much everywhere; gas stations, supermarkets, daries, etc. We also still have the scratch cards, but I guess that might change soon if Sony are planning on updating every region’s cards. :P

I’m in NZ as well which is why I was asking where you’ve seen $20, $75 and $100 top ups :P. I just get mine from the supermarket when I need them and they changed to the annoying peel a sticker cards earlier this year. I guess you’ll see them eventually as well once the scratchie ones run out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

I’m in NZ as well which is why I was asking where you’ve seen $20, $75 and $100 top ups :P. I just get mine from the supermarket when I need them and they changed to the annoying peel a sticker cards earlier this year. I guess you’ll see them eventually as well once the scratchie ones run out.

Ah, my bad. Then let me rephrase my previous post to specify what I mean’t; I can find these topup cards at pretty much every Countdown, Mobil, and dairy. I live near a shopping centre, so I could easily find them honestly. Debit is just much more easier for me. Also, I hope those sticker cards don’t stick! ;)

Edited by ddracarys

35 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Ah, my bad. Then let me rephrase my previous post to specify what I mean’t; I can find these topup cards at pretty much every Countdown, Mobil, and dairy. I live near a shopping centre, so I could easily find them honestly. Debit is just much more easier for me. Also, I hope those sticker cards don’t stick! ;)

I get mine from Countdown when I do my grocery shopping or Harvey Norman on my way home from work if I need them sooner. Value doesn’t really matter to me as I just get what I need anyway. I used to have my parents credit card on my account but after the big hack back whenever it was I removed it and went with physical top up cards instead.

35 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

I get mine from Countdown when I do my grocery shopping or Harvey Norman on my way home from work if I need them sooner. Value doesn’t really matter to me as I just get what I need anyway. I used to have my parents credit card on my account but after the big hack back whenever it was I removed it and went with physical top up cards instead.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

"hacked" a lot of the time = "I signed up for some small forum and I use the same details on that as I do everywhere else and that small site got hacked and someone used the same info on PSN and stole my account... PSN WAS HACKED GAIZ"

It doesn't get legitimately hacked that often. Gets DDoS more than hacked, and that too gets called "hacking". Even though it's not.

Even without the hacking issue, I rely on PSN cards as I live in a different region to that of my account. 

• 2 weeks later...

Usually when you trade i a game, you get more store credit to buy something else in the store than to just get the cash. Spend the store credit on PSN cards, that way you get the money back in full. ;) 

On 6/28/2018 at 1:14 AM, Nexuds121 said:

Update: The credit/debit card options have been fixed by Sony. I just bought Black the fall EU version and it paid off. So yeah.

I hope this is true and it will work for me once again.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Usually you get more store credit to buy something else in the store than to just get the cash. Spend the store credit on PSN cards, that way you get the money back in full. ;) 

I hope this is true and it will work for me once again.

I even try it out and it's working just fine. It did happen to me last year though.

2 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

I even try it out and it's working just fine. It did happen to me last year though.

I meant when you trade in games back to retail store. They will often give you the option of like 10USD cash or 15USD store credit, or something like that. This is so you will spend the money back on the store. Now imagine you just buy a PSN card for those 15USD, you get all 15USD back as cash to be used in the PSN store instead. I do this because local stores are expensive, and I used to buy physical copies of games online for about the same or even lower than what I got back from selling them to the local stores, especially when I went with store credit option.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MMDE said:

I meant when you trade in games back to retail store. They will often give you the option of like 10USD cash or 15USD store credit, or something like that. This is so you will spend the money back on the store. Now imagine you just buy a PSN card for those 15USD, you get all 15USD back as cash to be used in the PSN store instead. I do this because local stores are expensive, and I used to buy physical copies of games online for about the same or even lower than what I got back from selling them to the local stores, especially when I went with store credit option.

This is genius ?

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ElBolovo said:

Amazon just restocked their PSN Digital Card stock.

One day late for me, I could have bought so many more in the mid-year sales, but they would go on the backlog anyway.

Great news. I was already looking for other sites to buy PSN codes. Good thing $20 and $10 are back as well and not only the most expensive ones. 

was at safeway earlier. i didn't know amazon had those cards available and i looked and searched. there was no currency cards but i found just 2 hanging on a rack got the last 2 at the last second. was a victory today. 

though next week will only be 20$. i'm fine with that.

• 3 weeks later...