My Opinion on The Game

Tusked-Lattice

Achieved the platinum yesterday. I liked it, 8/10. I really disliked getting from A to B (maybe that's my sense of direction) and the loading screens. I also got 5 blue screens and one game freeze. The story and combat were ok for me. In combat, when you lock on to an enemy and use dodge it works alright. The "not even once" run was my favorite, because sometimes you'll be a bit underpowered which makes it more challenging. I've noticed that the voice actor for this game is pretty awesome! I would definitely recommend this game.

I overall enjoyed the game but there are a few things that needed work. Mainly the romance. Not only it came out of nowhere without any build-up (like seriosly count how many times did they talk to each other) but it was so fucking awkward and out of place, I even remembered David Cage and his romance in games. My other major problem is that all of the normal enemies feel more powerful than the bosses (hardest secret boss being that motherfucker with shotgun in morgue at the end of the game). Just the fact that you don't fight more than one makes it so much easier. It makes you feel like a weakling (when you are supposed to be really powerful vampire). Then a few fast travel points would be nice because at the end of the game you are running from one corner of the map to the other and it gets old and annoying really fast. especially, having to fight the same enemies over and over again without getting anything of value out of it. On a scale it is a 7 or 8/10. 7 When you bother to listen to all those citizens and complete their clues like i did.

I'm on Chapter 5 of Vampyr currently - and feel like i'm pretty well placed now to share my views.

Pros:

- Music, some of the music beats are really good and set the tone well

- Setting, London in the dark ages is very cool and the map (as you get further in) because a little easier to navigate

- I actually like the simple combat, at this point i'm level 23 i think and have only killed two people. I have level 5 melee, stake and shotgun. The game has just started getting easy to beat normal enemies. I do wonder just how easy it would be on a much higher level.

- Boss battles have been fine but are losing their punch as i go on

- The story is interesting

- The short side quests are a good little distraction

Cons:

- No late game fast travel, 3/4's of the game in normal travel is fine but as it gets on it should just loosen the reigns on getting around

- The random moment you start experiencing crashing and loading mid game. This started and now constantly happens. Real let down. Thankfully when it loads back up it carries on from that point and nothing is lost.

- Too much talking, there are some questions that just don't need to be asked by the Dr to people that are just padding/filler. Some have already been answered in previous questions

The game is simple in its look but with a bigger budget i think this game could have been a hit, resolving performance issues necessary of course.

• 3 weeks later...

About to finish the story for the first time and I gotta say I simply love the way the game was created. Another great title from Focus and really hoping V2 be created.
There are couple minor issues, like loading screens or occasional crushes, but in general I recommend it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2018 at 11:32 PM, Tusked-Lattice said:

I'm sorry you can't accept that Tomb Raider is a shitty series with a disgusting business model or that supermassive makes nothing but trashy gimmick games but I don't like your stalking or your harassment.

Stop quoting me and replying to my threads. 

Wow you really do go around trashing games non-stop ?

On 27/6/2018 at 7:26 PM, rolltideroll157 said:

And just because you say otherwise doesn't make it so ? This game is a solid 7 or 8/10 for what it is. Try getting good at the game and you'll enjoy it more ?

You are seriously salty af on this thread, holy shit.

On 27/6/2018 at 0:31 AM, yowzagabowza said:

I was looking forward to this game and am pretty unimpressed so far. I'm only in the second chapter, but the combat is pretty crappy so far. Number one, I hate Stamina bars. Number two, it's clunky. Number three, enemies tend to tank most attacks. Number four, their stupid lunge attack gets me every damn time.

There are far too many NPCs to interact with and they don't stay in one place, so when I find a new dumb clue about them, I have to hunt them down just to do a line of questions. The long ass loading screens when entering certain buildings is annoying, same thing if you die. 

I'm really hoping this game isn't that long since I still want to platinum it and right now, two playthroughs seems unbearable. 

100% agree with everything you said on this thread.

22 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

You are seriously salty af on this thread, holy shit.

100% agree with everything you said on this thread.

Holy shit you don’t know what the word salty means. And nice necro post this thread is 2 years old. Get a life besides trying to start shit on an old thread....