My Opinion on The Game

Tusked-Lattice

Intriguing premise but poor execution, combat is absolutely awful, very simplistic and poorly put together for instance I would duck behind someone and they still hit me somehow, didn't matter thankfully since the game is incredibly easy.

The story went absolutely no where and the world feels barren and unfinished like they forgot to put in any proper quests or anything.

Also every time you talk to someone it feels like you talking to an exposition machine rather than characters also your choices are basically worthless as you barely effect anything or anyone outside eating them.

Overall very meh game.

Also the "romance" came out of nowhere very poor writing. 

Edited by Tusked-Lattice
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Don't listen to op's opinion he doesn't nothing but hate on games on this site. Plus just about all his criticisms of the game aren't true. The game does not have shit combat at all. The story and atmosphere in this game are phenomenal. The only criticism I have is that a lot of the character models are pretty dated but other than that I highly recommend this game to anyone.

I have to agree combat-wise. If you play the game without sacrificing any humans the combat is actually pretty decent(given the added difficulty of not gaining massive xp). I finished the game around lvl 25 and when I went back to clean up sacrificing fools for their collectables I was around lvl 45 and was so OP it wasn't even funny. The characters have more almost unnecessary depth than you would expect, but it works well because it ties them in with others and the environment. Not the greatest game, but definitely not trash.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I have to agree combat-wise. If you play the game without sacrificing any humans the combat is actually pretty decent(given the added difficulty of not gaining massive xp). I finished the game around lvl 25 and when I went back to clean up sacrificing fools for their collectables I was around lvl 45 and was so OP it wasn't even funny. The characters have more almost unnecessary depth than you would expect, but it works well because it ties them in with others and the environment. Not the greatest game, but definitely not trash.

What's good about the combat exactly? 

You just spam the same shitty moves over and over while wondering if the terrible hit detection will fuck up again. 

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

There are plenty of powers and different weapons to use and this game has very similar combat to bloodborne and that game has great combat.  And the hit detection is perfectly fine lol never had issues with that once. Seriously just stop trying to trash games so much it's pathetic honestly.

I'm sorry you can't accept that Tomb Raider is a shitty series with a disgusting business model or that supermassive makes nothing but trashy gimmick games but I don't like your stalking or your harassment.

Stop quoting me and replying to my threads. 

Edited by Tusked-Lattice

2 hours ago, Tusked-Lattice said:

What's good about the combat exactly? 

You just spam the same shitty moves over and over while wondering if the terrible hit detection will fuck up again. 

@Tusked-LatticeLike I said, providing you don't go OP, the combat is decent, and felt fluid enough to enjoy, especially being low lvl and actually dodging to stay alive. I didn't spend much time in a corner or against anything, so the hit detection only ever bothered me with ranged attackers, and bothered is an overstatement compared to how hard they hit at a low level (still, no real complaints, I liked that it made the game more difficult). And you do know the game has more than just combat, right? 

11 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Then quit making dumb threads spreading false info thanks 1f60a.png

@rolltideroll157 lolz

Edited by RoxasOnFire
Added more
  • Like 1

Well to those that were expecting this as an triple a game with everything top notch and etc,xD...

I havent given the game a try yet but what's up with the hate? For what they achieved with the budget they had they should be praised not degraded. I mean look at the mess that fallout 4 was and they have a triple a budget and people accept that but not with this? Disgusting.

@SoberNSane

I said i was disgusted that people can accept the crap with fallout 4 but with this game it's not acceptable while the developers of this game have a much smaller budget compared to fallout.

So what if i havent played the game yet? There is this thing called youtube where you can watch the game, y'know? ??

From what i have seen the game looks fine, but it would have been more acceptable if it were around the 40'ish pricetag?  Atleast that's my opinion, besides nobody will like everything.

That's our nature after all ?

• Like 2

I was looking forward to this game and am pretty unimpressed so far. I'm only in the second chapter, but the combat is pretty crappy so far. Number one, I hate Stamina bars. Number two, it's clunky. Number three, enemies tend to tank most attacks. Number four, their stupid lunge attack gets me every damn time.

There are far too many NPCs to interact with and they don't stay in one place, so when I find a new dumb clue about them, I have to hunt them down just to do a line of questions. The long ass loading screens when entering certain buildings is annoying, same thing if you die. 

I'm really hoping this game isn't that long since I still want to platinum it and right now, two playthroughs seems unbearable. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

I was looking forward to this game and am pretty unimpressed so far. I'm only in the second chapter, but the combat is pretty crappy so far. Number one, I hate Stamina bars. Number two, it's clunky. Number three, enemies tend to tank most attacks. Number four, their stupid lunge attack gets me every damn time.

There are far too many NPCs to interact with and they don't stay in one place, so when I find a new dumb clue about them, I have to hunt them down just to do a line of questions. The long ass loading screens when entering certain buildings is annoying, same thing if you die. 

I'm really hoping this game isn't that long since I still want to platinum it and right now, two playthroughs seems unbearable. 

The only legitimate gripe you have with this game is the load times they were annoying to me as well. But you can't be serious about the others especially the stamina bar? Like have you ever played a rpg game or melee combat focused game before? Just about every game in that genre has a stamina bar. It's not the games fault you didn't look up info of the game beforehand lmao

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The only legitimate gripe you have with this game is the load times they were annoying to me as well. But you can't be serious about the others especially the stamina bar? Like have you ever played a rpg game or melee combat focused game before? Just about every game in that genre has a stamina bar. It's not the games fault you didn't look up info of the game beforehand lmao

You don't get to tell ME which of my complaints with the game are legitimate. 

The combat is not good. It's so easy to get overwhelmed with only two small enemies. It's also basic as hell. There are far too many characters to interact with, and almost none of it is consequential in any way, just busy work.

This game is MUCH more focused on talking and walking around than it should be. Though with how crap the combat is, I guess it's the right balance. 

And no fast travel, even just to hideouts, makes back tracking so tedious.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

If you actually know how to play the game you won't be overwhelmed by enemies. Also all of your complaints sound more like you aren't very good at the game so that's a you problem not the games problem. This isn't a hack and slash action game so what are you expecting with the combat? It's dodge/parry focused with quite a few different powers mixed in for good measure. Once again this is your fault for not knowing this before buying it. This game is a hidden gem mainly because gamers like you don't know what they are talking about when it comes to this game.

The combat isn't the only problem with the game. And how am I to test this game before I buy it, hm? With the non-existent demo? Or by watching a video? The videos are why I bought it to begin with. The combat just isn't done well, no amount of fanboying will change that.

The rest of the game is pretty mediocre so far. I don't care about a single character, so killing them doesn't matter to me, aside from trophy concerns.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

The combat isn't the only problem with the game. And how am I to test this game before I buy it, hm? With the non-existent demo? Or by watching a video? The videos are why I bought it to begin with. The combat just isn't done well, no amount of fanboying will change that.

The rest of the game is pretty mediocre so far. I don't care about a single character, so killing them doesn't matter to me, aside from trophy concerns.

I love how just because I'm calling you out on your criticisms as bullshit I'm automatically fanboying lmao i will defend anything when I see someone bashing something for their own faults or don't know what they are talking about. The story, combat and atmosphere in this game is fantastic and if you hate them as you claim then obviously this game isn't for you. That doesn't mean it's trash.

Edited by rolltideroll157
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

I love how just because I'm calling you out on your criticisms as bullshit I'm automatically fanboying lmao i will defend anything when I see someone bashing something for their own faults or don't know what they are talking about. The story, combat and atmosphere in this game is fantastic and if you hate them as you claim then obviously this game isn't for you. That doesn't mean it's trash.

Atmosphere is good in this game. There is nothing fantastic about this game. Just cuz you say so, doesn't make it so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Atmosphere is good in this game. There is nothing fantastic about this game. Just cuz you say so, doesn't make it so. 

And just because you say otherwise doesn't make it so ? This game is a solid 7 or 8/10 for what it is. Try getting good at the game and you'll enjoy it more ?

• Like 2