Will you buy a PS4?

skinner49

Will you buy a PS4?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a PS4?

• YES! At launch!
    • Maybe at launch, it depends on price/games.
    • Within a year of launch.
    • Maybe within a couple years after launch.
    • Not interested yet.
    • No, never will.

Meh.  Just got a PS3 a couple of weeks ago, so I have a looooooooot of games to catch up on before I even think about getting a PS4. I'll probably end up making the jump when a big franchise I like (say, Final Fantasy) puts their next iteration out on PS4 only.  I'd make the jump for a new Mega Man game too.

Sony only goes to crappy slims after awhile. And they all have way more problems then the release systems. There noticably slower, they constantly freeze, and they dont put in a better fan to keep it cool. Launch systems were better for Ps1 Ps2 and Ps3

i'll probably wait until price drop or when they release a better version of it. still have lots of games to finish too

• Like 1

Sony only goes to crappy slims after awhile. And they all have way more problems then the release systems. There noticably slower, they constantly freeze, and they dont put in a better fan to keep it cool. Launch systems were better for Ps1 Ps2 and Ps3

I disagree with that. I have launch systems for all the PlayStation systems and each one still works perfectly, and I also have all the "slim" versions of each and they run just as well, if not better than the launch systems. I have never had a problem with any of my slim systems.

To answer the threads question, yes, I'll be buying a PlayStation 4 on launch. I have with the other three and don't intend on stopping with this one.

Parker

Maybe at launch, it depends on price/games.

I might wait a couple months afterwards to make sure theres no bugs, besides I also want to buy a couple games around the same time for the PS3. Although if I have the extra money, I'll buy it on launch day.

Edited by Noire_Symphony

Slims will always be crappier; in materials. What did you expect for a cheaper price? Now with the noticeably slower, there has be some comparisons sorta and some slim games load faster than phats and vice versa so its kinda hard to say. But most new ps3 games will work with the new Slims but might have chances of not working with some phats. Its kinda stupid how these days buying a game for a specific system doesnt always mean you can play on it, with the many different versions of a system. You think all Ps3 games work smoothly on all Ps3, guess not. And I totally agree with leaving out the good fan to keep it cool. Why does jpn ps3 get the better fan!? It's like Sony wants our system to overheat. "It's nothing personal, ____ - it's just good business"

What are you talking about? I have my fair share of PS3 games and I have played every single one on my launch 60gb system as well as my slim and have never had an issue. What games don't work on the older PS3's?

Parker

Day 1 for me, getting a replacement plan (just in case), keeping my ps3. (I set aside 800 bucks from my tax return just for this)

I have a massive backlog and ps3 will keep me from buying launch titles I may not be very interested in just because they are new(I'm only sold on Knack the rest I can wait for).  Mainly I am buying this launch day for remote play features with vita and I just really like what they've shown.  Kind of hoping the new camera works with ps3 as well so I can try a couple of move games I wouldn't have tried otherwise.  Really want to play until dawn when that comes out, but certainly not buying an old move just for that game

Just think of all those PSN games people always say theyd buy for the vita because they look like they'd make better handheld games. Now we'd actually be able to do it.

Edited by dodgedoors

I will wait awhile till I buy one. Firstly, I'm  sure they'll be plenty of bug related issues when the system is first released so I'll let them sort those out first. Secondly, there's loads of PS3 games out there that I still want to play and finally if I leave it awhile I'll be able to pick it up cheaper and the games will be cheaper. That's the plan anyway but of course I could be browsing amazon one day and just do an impulse buy which I do quite often :)