Guides for PS3 to PS4 ports

So I noticed this a while back but somehow it started bothering me a bit since this week. I tried searching the forum for a previous topic but I couldn't find any.

Anyway it's not a big deal but there are guides that are made for PS3 games, those games get ported to PS4. A good example (and the one I noticed it) is Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remixes

The Guide that is linked from the PS4 game page links to the PS3 Guide. The guide is definitely good and still usable but because I am playing on PS4 I don't really see the progress of my trophies on that guide since it syncs with the PS3 version of the game.

It's a minor issue but it would be nice to see those synced. I guess the best would be to have a separate guide for the PS4 version but then we would have duplicate guides.

Then there is the other small problem where there might be different criteria for trophies between the ports see: 

Any thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, Shuyinsama said:

So I noticed this a while back but somehow it started bothering me a bit since this week. I tried searching the forum for a previous topic but I couldn't find any...

Yeah so this is definitely something me and Sly have talked about not too long ago, essentially the guides are linked together now but not all the way in sync in all areas yet. It's a little more complicated then it seems to do the right way, but seems like it's doable. Sly's working on a few things at the moment, but I'd say this is definitely on his radar :) 

I for one can't wait to see this, but it'll probably take some time

Edit: Since guides are linked now and they can be further synced in the future, we don't wanna do ports because it will make things more complicated with this down the line

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answers! I figured duplicating or writing a guide was not the best solution, but it definitely would be one. On the other hand. The current guide is already really good so yeah.

I guess the way the PS3 and PS4 of this game specifically (Kingdom Hearts) works doesn't really matter in terms of the trophies. As long as guides mention that for example the difficulty trophies on PS4 Stack, when they didn't on PS3 would be a nice heads up for players on specific consoles.

It would be nice to see a tool/featured on here for this and can't wait to see how Sly will handle this!

Thanks!