PS3 controllers fake looking for real

ShadowX077

So I have paid for a few controllers all of them are fake and don’t work, as the real one there lighter and the buttons don’t work so well or when I’m playing it sends me to the home menu. So where can I still find real controllers as I have had no luck yes I know Sony has stoped making them and bla bla I know ? 

If you want a Sony controller for your PS3 you have these choices

-Buy an adapter so you can use your PS1 or PS2 Sony controller

-Use a PS4 controller

-Buy a used PS3 controller

You wont find new ones for sale on Ebay, Ali express or any of those websites.They are 99.9% fakes.

My controller was giving me problems, i had no choice but to buy one used. I still have it, but the right analog stick sometimes moves on it's own.

You guys are scaring me with that fake controller thing. I need to get another DS3 because mine have problems like faulty d-pads or broken/oily analog stick caps. But they were overused by me and/or the previous owners lol.

Edited by Lance_87

4 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Have to play with it plugged in, and some functionality doesn't work perfectly, but it's a good solution for most cases.

You can actually set them up to work wirelessly. Not all games work with a DS4, but there are many games where it works perfectly (just the PS button doesn't work). Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a comprehensive list anywhere. 

14 minutes ago, colinnola said:

You can actually set them up to work wirelessly. Not all games work with a DS4, but there are many games where it works perfectly (just the PS button doesn't work). Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a comprehensive list anywhere. 

Ah, never bothered to look into the wireless since it wasn't immediately apparent. But good to know.

I've had trouble with counterfeit ds3s myself (from Amazon), so I bought a couple from Kohl's several months ago figuring they'd be the last I'd be able to find easily.

I just checked all the local gamestores. we have 4 here and only 1 had DS3 controllers. and they costed 50 bucks but i didnt really had a choice anyway.
For dutch people: I bought it at next-level but you can also try Nedgame.

Finding a legit OEM DS3 right now is pretty much impossible. And even if you do find one, be prepared to pay a high price for it. I mean, even though they are old, they should be around the same price of what a usual controller should cost, if not more.

I got a fake one a couple of years ago. The damn thing didn't even last a month... All the controls either came with the console or were bought at a Sony store at the time they were new.

Good luck :)

1 hour ago, bladesoframen said:

Is there a reason you need a Sony made PS3 controller? You can use a Hori controller for both PS3 and PS4 as long as you don't need the six-axis functionality.

I personally use ones made by Zonmack that I got on Amazon (unfortunately not stocked anymore). They actually have a neat feature where if you don't use it for 5+ minutes, it shuts off... which saves a lot of time by not having to charge them so often. Got them 2+ years ago and haven't had any issues.

24 minutes ago, bpmotard said:

This is not possible. The Dualshock 4 controller does not work with the PlayStation

I'm pretty confused by this post, haha. You either mean "The Dualshock 4 controller does not work with the PlayStation 3," in which case you would be wrong, or you literally mean "The Dualshock 4 controller does not work with the PlayStation [like the original PlayStation]" in which case you're correct but not really on topic.

39 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I'm pretty confused by this post, haha. You either mean "The Dualshock 4 controller does not work with the PlayStation 3," in which case you would be wrong, or you literally mean "The Dualshock 4 controller does not work with the PlayStation [like the original PlayStation]" in which case you're correct but not really on topic.

Long time no see RNumbers :) Sorry for the confusion, I meant Playstation 3 ahah, the key did not register somehow. Sony confirmed this when the PS4 was released, I'm not sure they updated PS3 so the DS4 could work ?

3 hours ago, bpmotard said:

Long time no see RNumbers :) Sorry for the confusion, I meant Playstation 3 ahah, the key did not register somehow. Sony confirmed this when the PS4 was released, I'm not sure they updated PS3 so the DS4 could work 1f914.png

Someone also wrote in the comments a list of compatible and non-compatible games.

Edited by eigen-space
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, bpmotard said:

Long time no see RNumbers :) Sorry for the confusion, I meant Playstation 3 ahah, the key did not register somehow. Sony confirmed this when the PS4 was released, I'm not sure they updated PS3 so the DS4 could work 1f914.png

Haha, I see. As people in this thread are saying, they work with the PS3 now, although not 100%. It's still pretty handy though!