no needles, leverage and doors tips

melodicmizery

if your doing a playthrough without being able to use any powers like leverage to move cargo or repair/hack to open some doors i discovered 2 usefull ways that im not sure if anyones mentioned

if crates are blocking a path, find a combustable thin long red container. the ones that you can shoot and they explode. i noticed a enemy had shot one on accident once and it blew the cargo all over the place. from that point on when i needed to move something without a upgrade i would find and carry one of these to the spots that needed cleared and carefully drop it, stand back and shoot it and the boxes go flying. do a save before hand just in case it doesnt work

as for locked doors in offices, that bow gun usually works on 90% of these spots. find the open slot somewhere in the window, right click the analog and zoom in to the inside door button. take a shot at it and if you hit the button itll over ride the door lock and open it for you so you wont need a code or card.

• Like 1

That's what I like about this game so much, it challenges/motivates the player to be creative. 

Good stuff you found there with those red containers, I always ask myself how do people get these ideas. Maybe it's just me. I'm creative as a potato apparently..

• Like 1

I guess I can share a few tips as well. Mostly applies to No Needles, but can help in the main game as well.

Huntress Boltcaster also works if you need to operate computers from a distance, for activating utilites and such, since the bolts are soft and pure synthetic, they trigger pressure sensitive panels.

If your aim with the pistol isn't that good or you need to conserve, you can also use the bolts to attract cystoids - little buggers will start chasing the bouncing bolt around, will get too agitated and explode. For added Scrooge points, you can even pick the bolt after, if you know where it landed.

GLOO gun is your messiah and true savior. Not only you can use it to stun enemies and make repairs/barricades, it's your ticket to literally anywhere. Build stairs and pathways and hop stones - the possibilities are endless. Also, you can use it to hurt your enemies in zero-gravity, if you choose to fire short gel bursts, since in such conditions they accelerate well, pack a punch, and can give you precious time to fly away. As an honorable mention, Recycler Charges and Stun Gun are your best friends. I repeat, Recycler Charges and Stun Gun are your best friends.

To get a Stun Gun early, shortly after getting your GLOO gun, make some gloo stairs and hop to the second floor. There will be a Stun Gun waiting by the corpse, grab it, then rejoice. 

Recycle Spare Parts, Psi Hypos and Weapon Kits, once you are through with upgrading your guns. You can choose to hold on to Neuromods for reload shenanigans, if you wish, or recycle them as well. Start a habit of making stashes in some places. The office is the best spot, usually. Drop your Q-Beam there, if/once you'll get it - it's a last resort weapon, and takes a lot of precious inventory space. It's nice to have, but you can scrap by without it, most of the time.

Clutter the Operator Dispensers with cardboard boxes and other easy-to-lift junk, you'll thank me later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NetEntity said:

I guess I can share a few tips as well. Mostly applies to No Needles, but can help in the main game as well.

Huntress Boltcaster also works if you need to operate computers from a distance, for activating utilites and such, since the bolts are soft and pure synthetic, they trigger pressure sensitive panels.

If your aim with the pistol isn't that good or you need to conserve, you can also use the bolts to attract cystoids - little buggers will start chasing the bouncing bolt around, will get too agitated and explode. For added Scrooge points, you can even pick the bolt after, if you know where it landed.

GLOO gun is your messiah and true savior. Not only you can use it to stun enemies and make repairs/barricades, it's your ticket to literally anywhere. Build stairs and pathways and hop stones - the possibilities are endless. Also, you can use it to hurt your enemies in zero-gravity, if you choose to fire short gel bursts, since in such conditions they accelerate well, pack a punch, and can give you precious time to fly away. As an honorable mention, Recycler Charges and Stun Gun are your best friends. I repeat, Recycler Charges and Stun Gun are your best friends.

To get a Stun Gun early, shortly after getting your GLOO gun, make some gloo stairs and hop to the second floor. There will be a Stun Gun waiting by the corpse, grab it, then rejoice. 

Recycle Spare Parts, Psi Hypos and Weapon Kits, once you are through with upgrading your guns. You can choose to hold on to Neuromods for reload shenanigans, if you wish, or recycle them as well. Start a habit of making stashes in some places. The office is the best spot, usually. Drop your Q-Beam there, if/once you'll get it - it's a last resort weapon, and takes a lot of precious inventory space. It's nice to have, but you can scrap by without it, most of the time.

Clutter the Operator Dispensers with cardboard boxes and other easy-to-lift junk, you'll thank me later.

There's also a stun gun in the sim lab debriefing room. After Morgan breaks the glass window in the fake apartment, turn right into a small room with a safe (code: 5150) and Marco Simmons terminal. To our left, hidden on top of the data tower, is a briefcase containing a stun gun and some other goodies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NetEntity said:

those are all good tips i mostly use, the office i used as my main hub using the safe and 2 desk drawers for my stash. i just finished no needles and had way more resources then ever. im pretty sure i picked up almost everything made in the game as i enjoyed just exploring

the tip about the arrow and computer is good! i dunno why i didnt think of that. the gloo gun was a lifesaver it got me into tons of areas building steps everywhere through the game.

oh also those telephonics or whatever they are called that float usually high in the air and have turrets next to them, if you gloo the while they are high up. they freeze and fall to their death if they are high enough. it really saves alot of the other ammo by doing that.