Spaz

Easy enough platinum without buying mats in store?

9 posts in this topic

Fallout Shelter has been out for a while now but only recently has it gotten trophy support.

I'm usually skeptical of free to play games since they generally carry options to pay actual money in order to speed things up. Like buying this much for more materials to build your base, yadda yadda yadda, because tons of mobile games utilize this strategy and I've grown to hate most of them.

Trophy Guide looks easy enough to follow and it doesn't look like people are having issues getting through this game without paying for anything which is what I like to see. But looking through the Playstation Store today there are options to buy stuff for this game, but I don't know how that affects the game since I literally know nothing about Fallout Shelter.

Edited by Spaz

You don't need to buy anything. The only thing you might want/need to buy to speed up your progress to plat are some of the Pet Carriers. You can save scum and abuse timeskip to make sure you get the pets needed. Other topics within the game's forum mention how to do this.

The stuff makes the plat easier and quicker yes, perhaps 3 x quicker

Can be done without the stuff, you are just looking at about 40hrs+ if u use the TG here, perhaps about 10hrs quicker or so if u timeskip

Probably about 5hrs for plat with a optimised route using stuff u can buy

Completely up to u, but ur right in thinking microtransactions speed things up

Only need the Legendary Weapon Gold for Plat. Did not spend a single dime in it. Time needed, nearly 3 month. Ive only looked once a day (after work) in it, to collect stuff, doing quests, building rooms and and and. Some people got the plat after 3 days, wanna know how many it costs.

Without time skeeping, micro-transactions and playing normally /having fun, I am more around 80 hours on a 2.5 months trip 😂  (than a 40 hoursgiven by the guide). Making weapons /clothes is what takes most of the time without micro-transactions.

On 31/08/2018 at 1:05 PM, Ralle1973 said:

Only need the Legendary Weapon Gold for Plat. Did not spend a single dime in it. Time needed, nearly 3 month. Ive only looked once a day (after work) in it, to collect stuff, doing quests, building rooms and and and. Some people got the plat after 3 days, wanna know how many it costs.

I did the same as you, the only thing i can add on this is that i saved around 150 nuka bottles which i used on the last legendary weapons and outfits. I think that saved me the one month difference between your plat and mine.

The game took me a month and three weeks.  No time skip and didn't spend a dime.  Pretty fun game all in all.

you're perfectly fine without buying anything. In-game purchases/micro transactions do help the process along a bit. It's enjoyable nonetheless, but grindy if you don't use the aforementioned "time skip" method. If you do end up using that you'll possibly be sitting on top of a bunch of items that can be bought anyway.