Climax Battles

sona_11

This is the only trophy left for me and it’s driving me nuts ?

i’m stuck on melee battle 8 he keeps doing his stupid special attack with his guns and I immediately die, and Mad Dog Battle 3 he keeps evading my attack until there is no time left.

I’m thinking of giving up orz 

any idea, tips, or share play ?! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started these. I knew they would be a pain and a game killer just like they were on Y-Zero, and pretty much very Batman Arkham game. I hate them. Spend hours in the main game to excel with upgrades to then be made s**t for the climax stuff. 

Currently quit on Proving Grounds 3. Its the one where you can only defeat them with weapons and there's one guy who hardly gets hit but breaks through all your weapon attacks. Total bore fest. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 18/06/2018 at 8:06 PM, sona_11 said:

This is the only trophy left for me and it’s driving me nuts 1f629.png

i’m stuck on melee battle 8 he keeps doing his stupid special attack with his guns and I immediately die, and Mad Dog Battle 3 he keeps evading my attack until there is no time left.

Exactly the same. 8 I die with the double gun attack and 3 I run out of time. Want to do this before I do legendary as my last trophy. I thought mahjong and karaoke would be the difficult bits, but they’re a breeze compared to these two climax battles.

26 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Exactly the same. 8 I die with the double gun attack and 3 I run out of time. Want to do this before I do legendary as my last trophy. I thought mahjong and karaoke would be the difficult bits, but they’re a breeze compared to these two climax battles.

Melee 8: You got plenty of time so try to explore a bit. There are health items for you to pick up. Try to use Heat Actions, because they can heal you.

The boss has pretty whack attacks. Maybe try the Tiger Drop if you can, but don't try it on his multi shoot attack.

Mad Dog 3: Annoying one but not that hard. Remember use Heat Actions as often as you can (time should stop when you use them). Use Kiryu's Square, Square, Triangle combo to make massive damage. He can also perform some kind of Tiger Drop in this stance, I think it's called Counter Hook tho. In the last battle against Majima here try using Kiwami Moves (when he flashes blue, use a heat action) this stops his healing and makes a lot of damage. Also there is a bike in the area. Grab it and use a Heat Action on Majima.

1 hour ago, SaintChris777 said:

Melee 8: You got plenty of time so try to explore a bit. There are health items for you to pick up. Try to use Heat Actions, because they can heal you.

The boss has pretty whack attacks. Maybe try the Tiger Drop if you can, but don't try it on his multi shoot attack.

Mad Dog 3: Annoying one but not that hard. Remember use Heat Actions as often as you can (time should stop when you use them). Use Kiryu's Square, Square, Triangle combo to make massive damage. He can also perform some kind of Tiger Drop in this stance, I think it's called Counter Hook tho. In the last battle against Majima here try using Kiwami Moves (when he flashes blue, use a heat action) this stops his healing and makes a lot of damage. Also there is a bike in the area. Grab it and use a Heat Action on Majima.

Thanks. Yeah, to be honest I’ve only tried 8 twice. It’s tedious having to run through all the other fights only to be killed in one hit with the double gun move. I’m sure if I persevere I could do it but the game doesn’t respect my time, which annoys me.

3 however is a different matter. Yes it still has a long string of pointless and tediously simple fights before you get to the actual point, but this Majima I just can’t do with my current tactics. He blocks or dodges pretty much every attack, even when I circle behind. I’m aware of the hook type move (basically the same as the counter you need to use to beat the 3 guys in proving ground 8) but it is far less consistent than the one in dragon stance.

I can’t be bothered to keep trying it. Tried 5 times and feel like I’m wasting my life with all these other games still to play. I have YK2 just sitting here so might play through that before doing legend playthrough on YK1 and coming back to the climax battles for the platinum.

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Thanks. Yeah, to be honest I’ve only tried 8 twice. It’s tedious having to run through all the other fights only to be killed in one hit with the double gun move. I’m sure if I persevere I could do it but the game doesn’t respect my time, which annoys me.

3 however is a different matter. This I just can’t do with current tactics. He blocks or dodges pretty much every attack, even when I circle behind. I’m aware of the hook type move (basically the same as the counter you need to use to beat the 3 guys in proving ground 8) but it is far less consistent than the one in dragon stance.

I can’t be bothered to keep trying it. Tried 5 times and feel like I’m wasting my life with all these other games still to play. I have YK2 just sitting here so might play through that before doing legend playthrough on YK1 and coming back to the climax battles.

Thanks for the tips.

Climax Battles are difficult for your sanity as well, at least it was for me. Take your time and come back to it, when you are mentally ready and fit. It took me 2 years for Yakuza 0 to get the climax battles done, but I did it. Kiwami's are a bit easier so it is definitely doable. Feel free to hit me up if you want to talk about the game.

2 minutes ago, SaintChris777 said:

Climax Battles are difficult for your sanity as well, at least it was for me. Take your time and come back to it, when you are mentally ready and fit. It took me 2 years for Yakuza 0 to get the climax battles done, but I did it. Kiwami's are a bit easier so it is definitely doable. Feel free to hit me up if you want to talk about the game.

Lol, true. I’ll have to go back to 0. I stopped going for the plat because I couldn’t be bothered to learn Mahjong. Now I have, and think it’s a great game. I just have to be in the right frame of mind to put the time into these things.

Thanks for the talk, even if you scared me with the Climax battle talk in Zero!

Edited by thefourfoldroot

40 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Lol, true. I’ll have to go back to 0. I stopped going for the plat because I couldn’t be bothered to learn Mahjong. Now I have, and think it’s a great game. I just have to be in the right frame of mind to put the time into these things.

Thanks for the talk, even if you scared me with the Climax battle talk in Zero!

Oh sorry that was not my intention! If you can do Kiwami, you can do 0 as well. In my opinion, if you got everything else, besides these 2 then you‘re good to go. I got no problems with these but with a few others. 
Ultimate battles are a joke, because you can Tiger Drop everything.

Getting a Yakuza Plat is one of the best feelings!

On 18/06/2018 at 10:06 PM, sona_11 said:

This is the only trophy left for me and it’s driving me nuts 1f629.png

Melee 8: The longest battle in the entire Climax Battles but the time limit is also wide so don't rush things up. There are plenty of Recovery items across this battle which you can collect and stock up on Arase. Also the DoD style will have all of it's abilities unlocked so you can use some useful Heat actions and Tiger Drop as well (Arase's gun attacks can be Tiger Drop'ed). When Arase enters his rejuvenation state, make sure you have enough Heat bar or use an item, put some distance and perform Essence of Sumo Slap Heat for stopping him from regeneration (you might use Long Traffic Cone weapon's Heat action as well but I've never tried it myself so not sure about it, sticking to EoSS should do the job).

Mad Dog 3: Zombie Majima's first two phases aren't that bad but in his last phase, he'll avoid your strikes, get behind you easily, lock you with his combos or even perfor Heat action. The approach I've found the best is as soon as you're heading to the 3rd phase area, grab a zombie while you're moving forward and rotate yourself to Majima and perform a Heat action, this will deal Majima some damage along with clearing out 1/2 zombies in that area. After that quickly finish off the last zombie and focus on Majima. The Brawler style has a move called "Counter Hook" which will work similar as Tiger Drop from DoD Style, it's the best/safest way to deal him massive damage in that time limit. You can also use Bicycle Heat action or face against the wall and use a counter Heat action as well but get used for using Counter Hook. Also have enough Heat bar for Climax Heat actions as well, you'll want to perform it as soon as Majima enters his rejuvenation state for preventing him to recover his HP. Be patient and you'll get through this.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
het..? What's wrong with the keyboard...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Me after Mahjong: Thank goodness. It's finally over. Should be simple from now on.
Me after Haruka's Requests: Ok, that was almost as bad, but surely the rest should be a lot simpler.
Me at Climax Battles: I should have never, ever started trying to plat this game.

I'm already getting my ass handed to me at the first challenge. Looks like this is going to require some luck too.

If only there was at least a simple Retry button. Are other Yakuza CB challenges this tough?

Edited by Antiristus

29 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

If only there was at least a simple Retry button. Are other Yakuza CB challenges this tough?

Ultimate Battle 2 in Yakuza Zero unless you know how to use Majima's Harsh Lesson counter (In 3rd Heat Bar, press :circle: while in fighting stance before an enemy attack connects while using Thug style).