Kronen_Taberdar

dont be like me and mess up your save

39 posts in this topic

 I was playing w/ time skip.

 And the only thing ive bunked up

Was radio. ( ended up destroying) was stuck at 2.2k hours xD

 

And daily report was bouncing between. 22hr an hr.  

 

Mr handy isnt picking up anything. But others are. - as well as mr. Handys retuen time at 62 days.

 

I think its hilarious. Other then that~ im not to bothered by it.

Stil fun to dink around 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using the time skip and so far I have not had any issues. I do close the application every now and then to backup my save in case my save corrupts as a result of time skipping. I see everyone says don't reverse the clock, do they mean while your in the game? Because I usually close the application then revert back the time, but that's only after I'm done playing and want to set my clock back to the correct time? Will it still damage my game? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

 

Oh of course bud, but then you're removing other system features when there is no need, all im saying. If u prefer that though, fair do's ;)

 

My point was that ur very first sentence in the first post; Remember, if you time skip ALWAYS, ALWAYS TURN OFF network > connect to internet box implies that there is no other way.

 

As u have just said and all I was trying to get across is that there is indeed another way, thats all

Oh yeah duh, lol. i was blind to that. ill edit my TC and fix it

55 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I'm using the time skip and so far I have not had any issues. I do close the application every now and then to backup my save in case my save corrupts as a result of time skipping. I see everyone says don't reverse the clock, do they mean while your in the game? Because I usually close the application then revert back the time, but that's only after I'm done playing and want to set my clock back to the correct time? Will it still damage my game? 

I am unsure about that. its a good question.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just have to come back to the date farthest from when you skipped time. If you don't remember just go in 2025 and start from here. It will fix everything.

 

You can stay connected it doesnt matter.

 

Just as an example, I never turn off the internet connection, and I'm playing on February 2019. When I put the PS4 to rest it sometimes reverts back to the actual date. Once I launched the game with the actual date. I closed it and put the date to Feb 2019, and everything related to date was fixed.

Edited by GastNDorf
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timeskipping may cause problems with a game? Who would have thought :awesome:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wilwheaton5 said:

I'm using the time skip and so far I have not had any issues. I do close the application every now and then to backup my save in case my save corrupts as a result of time skipping. I see everyone says don't reverse the clock, do they mean while your in the game? Because I usually close the application then revert back the time, but that's only after I'm done playing and want to set my clock back to the correct time? Will it still damage my game? 

 

If u go backwards, just make sure u reload the vault, and will be good.

 

24 minutes ago, Skadoki said:

Timeskipping may cause problems with a game? Who would have thought :awesome:

 

 

Time moving forward is a actual mechanic the game utilises.

 

Leave the game off for a week, so time has progressed, login and 7 evaluation days would have passed.

 

Skip forward via the clock 7 days and exactly the same will occur

 

Only difference is, one the clock passed normally, the other u pushed it forward

 

What isnt normal is time going backwarfs of course

Edited by optimusmart
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

 

If u go backwards, just make sure u reload the vault, and will be good.

 

 

Time moving forward is a actual mechanic the game utilises.

 

Leave the game off for a week, so time has progressed, login and 7 evaluation days would have passed.

 

Skip forward via the clock 7 days and exactly the same will occur

 

Only difference is, one the clock passed normally, the other u pushed it forward

 

What isnt normal is time going backwarfs of course

Reload the Vault? Do you mean reload the game? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wilwheaton5 said:

Reload the Vault? Do you mean reload the game? 

 

Reload the vault, as in quit to main menu and load it back up, it seems to refresh everything

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

 

Reload the vault, as in quit to main menu and load it back up, it seems to refresh everything

Ah okay, Thanks! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been timeskipping this whole time and every time I finish playing i reset to the correct date and when I resume playing, I don't change back to the last date I had when I was timeskipping, I just start from whatever date and time it currently is. Nothing has went wrong and I'm still unlocking lunchboxes etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 11:26 AM, GastNDorf said:

You just have to come back to the date farthest from when you skipped time. If you don't remember just go in 2025 and start from here. It will fix everything.

 

You can stay connected it doesnt matter.

 

Just as an example, I never turn off the internet connection, and I'm playing on February 2019. When I put the PS4 to rest it sometimes reverts back to the actual date. Once I launched the game with the actual date. I closed it and put the date to Feb 2019, and everything related to date was fixed.

Thanks this is what I did and it helped me. Time skipped but i wasn't getting anything (boxes) from it. So I skipped to two months (I had skipped earlier but stupidly went back in time) and it worked. now im just gonna leave it on the date that it ends with.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 5:46 AM, Lord_Luxus said:

what happened for me was dwellers out exploring the wastes would get nothing, they would not battle or collect anything. Tried restarting the app. tried bringing them home and sending them back out.

 

The other problem is days would not progress. no daily evaluations.

 

I think i may have confused people by saying i was locked out of objectives. That was incorrect. I meant that i can no longer skip ones that are too hard or annoying. if i want to skip them it costs more and more quantum.

so technically im not locked out, just heavily slowed down. sorry for the confusion

but i still stand by not doing what I did. 

I think I've run into this issue. Specifically where whenever I want to skip an objective it just asks me for Quantums and the option to skip once a day freely is gone! Did you manage to fix this? 

On 6/19/2018 at 7:29 AM, Rhevarr said:

This can simply be fixed by skipping to the first of the next month. Happened to me a few times.

 

Does this fix your referring to, fix the issue of constantly having to pay Quantums to skip objectives and no longer being given the ability to skip once a day for free? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind! Skipping to the first of the next month fixed the issue for me! Thanks for the help! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would of saved a lot of time if I had time skipped from the beginning.

 

Oh well, lesson learned.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.