Possible to boost using a second PS3?

2 hours ago, MisterMystro said:

Sooo I’m trying to do the self boost using my sisters PS3/account as well as my own, and matchmaking keeps failing anytime I try to start a match.  Is it because I’m on the same internet connection?

The connection is different depending on which version you have so that may be an issue. EU versions work fine however NA digital doesn't work at all. The NA disc is able to connect however it is extremely hard to get it to work. The internet connection being the same as the other PS3 shouldn't be a problem unless your router is unable to handle having multiple devices on. Hope the information helps and good luck.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MisterMystro said:

Sooo I’m trying to do the self boost using my sisters PS3/account as well as my own, and matchmaking keeps failing anytime I try to start a match.  Is it because I’m on the same internet connection?

It is basically what @dragon11ggggsaid. I used 2 NA disks and it took me about 15 hours of network Shenanigans before I could finally get the online champ trophy.

During my time doing this, I found that cutting both of your PS3s off and on again increases the chances of them connecting to each other in game.

Once you have everyone in a Lobby you will run into matchmaking issues where the match won't start. I found that just trying to start the level over again about five times usually lets you into the level.

And of course to negate the issue of dropping connections mid-match I only played the various 1 second levels that are searchable in the game.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, soultaker655 said:

It is basically what @dragon11ggggsaid. I used 2 NA disks and it took me about 15 hours of network Shenanigans before I could finally get the online champ trophy.

During my time doing this, I found that cutting both of your PS3s off and on again increases the chances of them connecting to each other in game.

Once you have everyone in a Lobby you will run into matchmaking issues where the match won't start. I found that just trying to start the level over again about five times usually lets you into the level.

And of course to negate the issue of dropping connections mid-match I only played the various 1 second levels that are searchable in the game.

Hope this helps.

i often have to do this, what i do is start the game, then sign out, then sign back in. alot of games wont let 2 ps3s connect to each other which makes dual gaming shity after you invite a friend over and you spend 2 hours trying to connect. i remember battlefield3 co op was the worse. i still cant get 2 ps3s to connect on that one. on bad company 1 for some reason on my main account just 1 ps3 would not log into that game after on of the patches. the only way i could play the game was if i started it offline, then signed in after the game booted up. weird

• Like 1

Just got online champ using 2 PS3s. I caved in with the horrible US net code and bought the digital UK version. 

The game actually works! You can join your friend! Exiting to the pod wont kick the other person out of the play group! Trophy progress is counted! 

The game is currently running for 11.99 quid. 

• Like 1

I was able to accomplish boosting it in two separate sittings.  I think both times I spent about an hour and a half towards boosting.  So probably about 3ish hours in total.  The servers are pretty janky and I had to keep reconnecting multiple times.

Edited by MisterMystro