Trophy Thoughts?

It's not as bad as the Red Faction Guerrilla PS3 version. The biggest grind will be play 250 matchmaking matches (just stand there for a bunch of matches with rubberbands over your thumbsticks), 10,000 XP (kill a bunch of dudes while boosting the same map over and over) and the 16 hidden challenges (I don't remember what I did, but it was annoying). So yay?

Demon of the Badlands being part of the Platinum is annoying but at least I won't have to win 250 matchmaking matches or get 100,000 XP. 

Hopefully Ubisoft doesn't get the bright idea to remaster Far Cry 2 and have the same trophy list. 

Play 250 matches instead of win 250 matches is nice but will prob lead to tonnes of people just afking in matches

10k xp instead of 100k xp is easy

16 Hidden Challenges are not too bad if I remember right

No 5000 kills trophy which I am glad to see gone

Glad to see the DLC trophies becoming part of the platinum, there easy anyway

Would of preferred to see all multiplayer trophies gone

Will defiantly be a very rare platinum but not as rare as the original PS3 version

Edited by cuckie
  • Like 1

No 250 wins  and 5,000 kills is good, rest ain’t to bad, just get a group to easily boost the challenges and xp, also cool the dlc is apart of the main list. Doubt this plat will be as rare as the PS3 version.

i just hope you can actually get all marauder power cells this time xD 

Edited by Conker

49 minutes ago, cuckie said:

Play 250 matches instead of win 250 matches is nice but will prob lead to tonnes of people just afking in matches

10k xp instead of 100k xp is easy

16 Hidden Challenges are not too bad if I remember right

No 5000 kills trophy which I am glad to see gone

32 minutes ago, Conker said:

No 250 wins  and 5,000 kills is good, rest ain’t to bad, just get a group to easily boost the challenges and xp, also cool the dlc is apart of the main list. Doubt this plat will be as rare as the PS3 version.

I boosted this game a few months ago. Im sorry to spoil the fun for you guys, but you actually need 50K XP for the 16 hidden challenges

And XP boosting in this game pretty much comes down to kill your boostpartners / dummy consoles over and over again. I had the 5k kills before the 10k XP on the PS3 version. So 5k kills removed doesnt really matter at all.

So yeah, the biggest changes are:

1. Win 250 Matches -> Play 250 Matches

2. 100K XP required -> 50K XP required

3. Beating the Singleplayer for an online trophy is not longer required (Red Faction Member trophy removed)

The worst thing about this list is the return of the wrecking crew trophies. Those 25 Million points are so goddamn boring and annoying

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Ugh, why couldn't they have removed or toned down the multiplayer trophies(like 50 matches instead of 250 would have been more reasonable). This was one of the most notorious online grinds back in the ps3 era, and its stupid to keep the grindy multiplayer trophies when they know the multiplayer isn't gonna be as active as it was back when this game first came out.

How about they should remove all MP trophies and change the trophies to SP that way there are no restraints to the platinum so people will be happy about it.

Edited by Nexuds121
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

The worst thing about this list is the return of the wrecking crew trophies. Those 25 Million points are so goddamn boring and annoying

Yeah that grind is extremely boring but at least that mode is somewhat fun using rocket launchers to blow stuff up

6 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I boosted this game a few months ago. Im sorry to spoil the fun for you guys, but you actually need 50K XP for the 16 hidden challenges

And XP boosting in this game pretty much comes down to kill your boostpartners / dummy consoles over and over again. I had the 5k kills before the 10k XP on the PS3 version. So 5k kills removed doesnt really matter at all.

So yeah, the biggest changes are:

1. Win 250 Matches -> Play 250 Matches

2. 100K XP required -> 50K XP required

3. Beating the Singleplayer for an online trophy is not longer required (Red Faction Member trophy removed)

Also the SP collectables. They are just horrific. This a prime example of a SP that gets ruined by the collectables. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Also the SP collectables. They are just horrific. This a prime example of a SP that gets ruined by the collectables. 

Then don't go for them.

I always love seeing threads like this. Everybody hates mp trophies so much. I love them. It helps that I am part of probably the single most helpful crew of guys and gals when it comes to gaming. Makes mp grinds go by so much easier. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

I always love seeing threads like this. Everybody hates mp trophies so much. I love them. It helps that I am part of probably the single most helpful crew of guys and gals when it comes to gaming. Makes mp grinds go by so much easier. 

I agree with you completely. I don't understand why people hate multiplayer trophies, it's not like they're difficult to begin with. It takes time sure but if you're that worried boost them, the game will be busy since it'll be "new" so it's not like people will struggle for awhile.

Also if it's that much of a problem don't play it but it's just trophies at the end of the day, it would be silly not to play a game just because of some multiplayer trophies.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LuciaRosethorn said:

I agree with you completely. I don't understand why people hate multiplayer trophies, it's not like they're difficult to begin with. It takes time sure but if you're that worried boost them, the game will be busy since it'll be "new" so it's not like people will struggle for awhile.

Also if it's that much of a problem don't play it but it's just trophies at the end of the day, it would be silly not to play a game just because of some multiplayer trophies.

I'll have you know that i never play mp based games and i only play games that are easy and fast,

Like wolfenstein 2!

On a serious note people will always complain about a trophy list, so dont worry about it haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Then don't go for them.

Well, Im part of a very effective boosting crew as well. We all have 2 ps3 and 2  ps4 and turbo controllers. So boosting stuff like this isnt that bad for me personally. Also, MP grinds usually result in a nice ultra rare platinum for my collection.

But if you really think about it, boosting the online portion of a game isnt really that different to using cheats / savegames in the singleplayer portion. You dont play the game like its intended to be played. And we can be really lucky that most devs dont watch their servers. Otherwise we all would probably get banned for boosting :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Then don't go for them.

I was just referencing the collectables, not the SP. MP doesn't phase me in the slightest. 

As for "don't do them". True, i'll just phone up Nordic and ask them to patch them out of the list so I can get the platinum instead then :) Really......

Also: best boost crew? Don't multiple members of it only have 1 ps3 and 1 ps4? lol.

Edited by Potent_Delusions

31 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Well, Im part of a very effective boosting crew as well. We all have 2 ps3 and 2  ps4 and turbo controllers. So boosting stuff like this isnt that bad for me personally. Also, MP grinds usually result in a nice ultra rare platinum for my collection.

But if you really think about it, boosting the online portion of a game isnt really that different to using cheats / savegames in the singleplayer portion. You dont play the game like its intended to be played. And we can be really lucky that most devs dont watch their servers. Otherwise we all would probably get banned for boosting :D

Dude, I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned,  boosting is 100% cheating. Although, we can make excuses all day long, it's cheating no matter what. I wish I had the time to do every mp legit.

I do all fighting games as legit as I can since that's what I'm naturally good at. I did all of MKX mp legit except for one mode that nobody plays. Even then, @Dr_Mayus and I did it legit until one of us won. It was 5-1 by the end. Then the loser had to boost the remaining 4. That being me of course....

:ninja:

16 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

I was just referencing the collectables, not the SP. MP doesn't phase me in the slightest. 

As for "don't do them". True, i'll just phone up Nordic and ask them to patch them out of the list so I can get the platinum instead then :) Really......

Also: best boost crew? Don't multiple members of it only have 1 ps3 and 1 ps4? lol.

If you equate "best boosting crew" to people with the most or best hardware to help out the end goal, I honestly feel sorry for you.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Dude, I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned,  boosting is 100% cheating. Although, we can make excuses all day long, it's cheating no matter what. I wish I had the time to do every mp legit.

I do all fighting games as legit as I can since that's what I'm naturally good at. I did all of MKX mp legit except for one mode that nobody plays. Even then, @Dr_Mayus and I did it legit until one of us won. It was 5-1 by the end. Then the loser had to boost the remaining 4. That being me of course....

:ninja:

If you equate "best boosting crew" to people with the most or best hardware to help out the end goal, I honestly feel sorry for you.

But surely:

People with loads of hardware AND a dogged determination help one another in the boost group > People with little hardware AND a dogged determination to help one another in the boost group.

I mean, surely that's common sense right there? I'm pretty sure there are boost groups with more hardware than yours who also have each others backs. It's pretty common practice to help your fellow boost partners, this isn't a practice exclusive to your group :P

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 1

@Potent_Delusions

The fact that you keep swinging and missing, over and over and over at it almost makes me shed a tear. Bro, you need to get out and make some normal human connections. I think you have fallen into an addiction, or at the very least, have become completely disconnected.

Also, I've never said the type of group I'm in is exclusive to my group. I know at least of one other...maybe two.

Just now, Phil said:

@Potent_Delusions

The fact that you keep swinging and missing, over and over and over at it almost makes me shed a tear. Bro, you need to get out and make some normal human connections. I think you have fallen into an addiction, or at the very least, have become completely disconnected.

Also, I've never said the type of group I'm in is exclusive to my group. I know at least of one other...maybe two.

Nah, re-editing my stuff to put across my point in the most concise manner, and whilst not sounding like i'm trying to berate you or like i'm being argumentative. When you bring that up, you've already lost your footing in this debate. 

I am social, I just find it hard to resist debating another of your retarded philosophies on here. In fact, it was a group chat that highlighted this thread to me. Added this to other such philosophies as "You can't complain about Starhawk unless you tweeted them" ?

Did you include my boost group in that group of 2-3 you know of, otherwise that statistic has already gone up to 4. 

Still including the MP trophies is pointless for this, as it will be dead in two weeks anyway. Regardless of how easy it is to boost or not, it will almost 100% require boosting no matter what so it's not a good thing to still include. 

Inb4 Nordic pulled a stupid and made it so nothing counts unless it's done in ranked, then this would be a real fun time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Then don't go for them.

I wouldn't say I'm part of a crew, but when I boost a game with my friends we do have each other's backs. I've never started a grind with someone online without helping them also finish. But people hate MP trophies because they like to get the platinum for games they like, but those trophies are blocking it from happening because they demand things that are hardly possible to do legit. You weren't doing Valor Grand Cross when Killzone 2 was going down, but I would argue that the boosting groups that stuck around for weeks to help everyone get the trophy in the final weeks are infinitely more helpful than your crew who just asks random people to boost every now and again. I'm sure a bunch of the people who boost with you are simply looking to join in and only stay because they don't wanna lose out on the opportunity to do more games. You weren't exactly mentioning that you have a personal connection with your friends when you said you have a "most helpful crew", but when it comes to efficiently boosting a game and having the trophies out of the way as fast as possible, multiple consoles are required. 

I did boost the original version of this game with @Potent_Delusions with 4 PS3s and 2 PS3s each and throughout any time I boost with him, we always hardly ever talk about trophies, as we have better things to talk about most of the time also @Captain Mahvel keeps us company most of the time while not actually doing the game with us. When I tried to boost or help people on this website, there were even people who tried to claim they have no microphone on PSN when I asked if they could talk on the mic while doing the trophies. 

Now on topic, as the posts you guys have made will likely be deleted. It's not necessarily the multiplayer that killed the vibe for this game originally, as we did find a fun way to boost 100,000 XP on the original and only took a day to get 250 wins, it's rather the lengthy single player that has around 350 collectables on a huge map that will make me wait until the future to buy the game. I wouldn't want to do the game again to get a 2.5% plat because it hardly gets any sales. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Nah, re-editing my stuff to put across my point in the most concise manner, and whilst not sounding like i'm trying to berate you or like i'm being argumentative. When you bring that up, you've already lost your footing in this debate. 

I am social, I just find it hard to resist debating another of your retarded philosophies on here. In fact, it was a group chat that highlighted this thread to me. Added this to other such philosophies as "You can't complain about Starhawk unless you tweeted them" 1f602.png

Did you include my boost group in that group of 2-3 you know of, otherwise that statistic has already gone up to 4. 

Very well said my man! We all know any group i'm in is the best actual boost group anyhow right lol... afterall I do have 4 ps3s and 5 ps4s... most of the time I can self boost which when comes down to it is actually the best way to boost if you can bc you dont have to wait around for others to show up or have to deal with others fucking off and wasting time... 

I'm really just messing around by that comment... I just love seeing what people have to say and start with the whose got bigger balls and blah blah blah, but don't go messing with my boy Potent bc you will get owned LMAO...

Now back to what this whole thread was actually about... the MP trophies for Red Faction... NOT A BIG DEAL HONESTLY... the game was great back in the day and even though the grind was real then, it won't be as bad this time around. I am looking forward to platting this game again and Potent will be doing it with me... This was one of the BEST games back then and I cannot wait to smash the plat again!