Should I get Nioh

wackt1

I'm been trying to make the descion on whether or not to pick it up in the future. The gameplay looks solid and some of the boss designs look good but the art style is throwing me for a loop and i heard that the boss battle repeat themselves.

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

What about the art style is throwing you off?

It's  weird kind of dark (different than darks souls or blood-borne), like the dark areas look kind of oddly shaded and the damage numbers are oddly styled.

There's definitely issues with some of the textures and lighting and Soulsborne games are certainly superior in this regard. I think I was able to overlook these issues simply because the combat is so fluid, although I hope Team Ninja addresses them with Nioh 2. Also, I didn't find them to be overly off-putting, so I guess it's going to come down to whether or not you can overlook those issues. 

I started playing Nioh today and I'm already addicted, It's a fantastic game. It has the same feeling as a soulsgame but with superior combat in my opinion. The art style can be a bit dark and repetitive but that's actually something that didn't bother me at all since the gameplay is too much fun

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/6/2018 at 10:14 AM, wackt1 said:

I'm been trying to make the descion on whether or not to pick it up in the future. The gameplay looks solid and some of the boss designs look good but the art style is throwing me for a loop and i heard that the boss battle repeat themselves.

it is very hard to plat and complete it 

100%

Edited by telleviz

12 minutes ago, KILLERMACHINE666 said:

k thanks wondering how good it is what heard was good team ninja make ninja gaiden love that just need stil plat if time thanks for reply

what is more important to you? combat ( Niohs combat is several times better than any dark souls) or level desgin/lore ( dark souls is (far) superior)?

Furthermore Nioh has (much) more loot than darksouls.

For me combat and setting ( I prefer the samurai setting) was more important than great level design ( Niohs desgin isnt bad either but dark souls wins here) 

-> For me Nioh is much better than darksouls, I enjoyed it much more.