PlayStation Hits – PS4 games

TugaSonic

Sony just announced that PlayStation Hits is returning for PS4. Starting July 18th, you'll be able to buy a select few games for €19.99/ £15.99 / $19.99.

If you’ve missed out on playing some of the most acclaimed PlayStation 4 games of recent years then we have exciting news for you. On 18th July we’re launching the PlayStation Hits range, a selection of some of the best PS4 games available at a great new price.

From award-winning epics to family-friendly favourites, PlayStation Hits offers an awesome line-up of titles for just €19.99/£15.99 RRP each. The range is available both digitally through PlayStation Store and physically via select retailers across the region.

29024144728_2bac9da449_o.jpg

EDIT: Here's another promotional image from NA showing the cases in another angle and a video from PlayStation Europe.

PS-Hits-755x425.jpg

Edited by TugaSonic
Added new promotional image and video
  • Like 3

Not a great sale. Bought all the good games awhile back.

Here's what I bought already.

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • DOOM Ultimate Edition
  • Ratchet and Clank PS4
  • Uncharted 4 A Thief's End
  • Infamous Second Son PS4
  • Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition
  • Little Big Planet 3

And alot more lol.

Cool, hopefully that means that I will finely be able to buy both Yakuza steelbook for 20€ each ?

Not one of my main series, but I wanted the steelbooks, so I'm looking for a decent price.. 

Also, this time around the art doesn't seam so horrendous as usual, well if the only thing that they add is that red line bellow the ps4 stripe. 

As of we know at the moment plat will be unobtainable by July 18

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

Interested in Project Cars. But Xenoverse I can wait until it goes on sale again for much cheaper than they're offering it for. Can get the base game + season pass for lepa

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

I was sorting through my physical games collection recently and was wondering why PS4 hadn't got a "Greatest Hits" equivalent like previous generations had. My PS4 collection looks nice and neat while my PS3 collection is a weird mismatch of different coloured cases and designs. :P

I'm glad to see this is a thing since it will make it easier for people to obtain physical copies of games that went out of print. I don't think I'll be making much use of it, though, since I've been buying pretty much any game I'm interested in this gen either at launch or shortly afterwards before they get hard to find.

3 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

For what game? Project Cars or Xenoverse?

Project Cars. It has a trophy that requires that you participate in 20 different community events. Community Events are Time Trial events that rank participants on a leaderboard. These events are only available for a limited time (a week and it's only one event during that week) before they expire and new events are cycled in. At the moment there are only 22 events announced (it's unknown if the developers will release new ones since they already released Project Cars 2 almost a year ago), one started this Monday at it will end next Monday, and another is only available if you have the On-Demand DLC (or if you have the Game of the Year Edition).

For more details on the date of the events look here:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Project Cars. It has a trophy that requires that you participate in 20 different community events. Community Events are Time Trial events that rank participants on a leaderboard. These events are only available for a limited time (a week and it's only one event during that week) before they expire and new events are cycled in. At the moment there are only 22 events announced (it's unknown if the developers will release new ones since they already released Project Cars 2 almost a year ago), one started this Monday at it will end next Monday, and another is only available if you have the On-Demand DLC (or if you have the Game of the Year Edition).

This guy beat me to it :P I was now posting the exact same link... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Thanks for the heads up. Still thinking about getting it; well the GOTY version for sure. 

1 hour ago, DizzyDavidson said:

I read they’ll come in a red case too.

Like the US greatest hits? 

OK, no good, but then, I only buy original or steelbook.. And the existence of those cheaper copies will surely bring the price of the original ones down too.. Even if they will become a pain to find.. Since I had huge troubles to find the original Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for PS3.. Every copy new or used that I usually find is the Essential version.. But today I got lucky and found an used copy of the original release! 

It's more or less the same deal with used Steelbooks at CeX, they sell those at the same price as the regular game, so I just need to keep my eyes open ?

Yakuza 0 is really strange there, would have loved it now retail for that price but oh Well already have it Digital.

About the other games i either have them Via PSPlus (anybody noticing like half of this were given to us? XD) or not interested.

The onyl one i really have an eye on is TLOU! A game i would like to play (And have it on Ps3 but without Pass for the online and if i have to pay 10 for that just better get it for 20 on Ps4 then) and it's now at a great price everyday and not only on a sale with other games :D 

3 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

like 3 of those games right off the bat have been free on ps+ and many of the others I can pick up second hand for under $20

Make it 5 free PS+ games allready: 

Second son

MGS 5

Ratchet and Clank

Bloodborn

Little Big Planet 

That can only mean two things

1- Ps+ has an incredible lineup

2- That sale is a ripoff