Questions about the second playthrough

Hey guys. I have a few questions regarding the second playthrough of the game.

I have read that the game needs two playthroughs so I let my brother play the first one and now I want to start the second one. 

- Will I understand the story of the game if I just played the 50 missions in order?

- Do I need to finish all the tasks of a each mission in one run?

- And is there anything else I should know since it's my first time playing this game?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, ItssMohammed said:

I have read that the game needs two playthroughs so I let my brother play the first one and now I want to start the second one. 

- Will I understand the story of the game if I just played the 50 missions in order?

- And is there anything else I should know since it's my first time playing this game?

Thanks.

1. You wont understand the story unless youve played the other games or read a story synopsis. If you have then i would do the main missions in order.

2. Nope.

3. Research better gear/items foruse in missions to help complete the tasks/get s-rank. Grind for high s-rank staff for research and better development of weapons/items at your motherbase.

33 minutes ago, ItssMohammed said:

Thanks.

1.) well you will need to play at least MGS4 and MGS3 in particular (play the others or read a synopsis of the game series) to understand MGSV's connection to the series as it makes a lot of call backs.

2.) You can do multiple runs in each mission to complete all task. (for example: you have 5 task to complete in one mission, one run you complete 3 task, then when you do your second run of the mission, you already completed the three task, so you only have 2 to complete.).

3.)Technically you don't need two playthroughs if you complete all task per one mission run, but there is equipment (and quiet) that'll make missions a lot easier on the second run. Quiet will make a lot everything easier. Using less/no equipment, not using partners, turning off/not activating reflex mode, knocking enemies out instead of killing them, not being spotted, and not being damaged/dying all contribute to getting S rank. 

(source: I have completed 100% plus plat)

1 hour ago, ItssMohammed said:

Thanks.

If your new to Metal Gear Solid games, then this game is and will be a toughnut game to platinum. It's about stealth bypass all obstacles and etc. You gonna understand the surrounding of objects such as hiding spots from enemies, enemies patrolling routes, stealth-to-kill enemies and body bag them in discretion and etc. There are side quests, collectibles and others too. On a silver lining, you can use YouTube's Video/Trophy Guide to help you out on trophies whenever you need it.

i never played any of the other metal gear games except the 3ds demo of whatever that game was like 3 times. But i didn't understand like 95% of the story of mgs5. No one gets a real introduction except for the sniper chick and the old guy that knew about the parasites (sorry i haven't played in ages so i forgot almost all the names). The evil guy Skullface doesn't even get an introduction nor did i personally even got any reason to hate him or whatever. he didn't even got a boss battle which was lame. we just got a recycled mission as a final battle. So, the gameplay is the only thing that kept me going to be honest. i might plat this game one day but it sure is a hell of a grind, especially if the story doesn't mean anything to you. That's just my opinion. My guess is that players of the other games in the series would understand it all but i did hear that even among fans this is one of the lesser games. so to answer your first question: if this is your first game, than defitly not.

your second question was already answered clearly

as for your third question, i would invest in getting the maximum parachute upgrade cuz extracting people really helps to grow ur base and resource income. you need to capture some jackal if i recall correctly for the final upgrade. Other than that, if u S rank all missions first you get a suit that basically turns you into superman. this suit allows you to more effectively clear mission task so i guess get that first. This is just all my opinion though.

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

1. You wont understand the story unless youve played the other games or read a story synopsis. If you have then i would do the main missions in order.

The game has an option in the main menu, i do believe, to read though the timeline's history to brush up on things. Most of the game, if not all of it is about building the mother base, and whatnot. So it doesn't really matter to an extent. Not the best hopping-on point, but better than most. 

2 hours ago, ItssMohammed said:

Thanks.

1) Though there are unique occurrences in the game, missions will have their own lead up and pay off, little cut-scenes, so the main focus won't be missed. 

2) Answered above. 

3) My advice? Invest money in getting better equipment as you earn it and time in material and soldier grinding early as you progress. Grind, do missions, tasks and etc, go back and forth. Get's less tedious that way. Your resources will refine as you do your mission stuff, so you'll always be progressing without it getting too stale. 

If you're going for a platinum, get that wormhole fulton as early as possible, it's a damn lifesaver, and focus on your Nuke requirements ASAP as you play. 

Thank you guys for the information. I was thinking it's a different story from the previous games but I guess I'll have to read about the story. 

1 hour ago, Nexuds121 said:

If your new to Metal Gear Solid games, then this game is and will be a toughnut game to platinum. It's about stealth bypass all obstacles and etc. You gonna understand the surrounding of objects such as hiding spots from enemies, enemies patrolling routes, stealth-to-kill enemies and body bag them in discretion and etc. There are side quests, collectibles and others too. On a silver lining, you can use YouTube's Video/Trophy Guide to help you out on trophies whenever you need it.

Really? I thought it's not that difficult since there's like 22k platinum achiever. And maybe I have an advantage since my brother did play the game in my profile so he got an S Rank here and there and he must've got an advanced staff, good equipment and many upgrades that could make the game a little bit easier.

The game doesn't need two playthroughs. You'll need to replay missions a couple of times for S ranks or objectives but there is no second playthrough in the traditional sense. You have a mission select but you can't repeat anything outside of that. It's possibly the best one for gameplay but weakest for story, made worse by not playing the earlier games and worse still by just playing the game through mission select

14 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

The game doesn't need two playthroughs. You'll need to replay missions a couple of times for S ranks or objectives but there is no second playthrough in the traditional sense. You have a mission select but you can't repeat anything outside of that. It's possibly the best one for gameplay but weakest for story, made worse by not playing the earlier games and worse still by just playing the game through mission select

Yeah, I meant a second playthrough as in replaying the missions. As for the story, I understand from the replies that some characters wont be introduced and some stuff are known from the previous games so I will watch some videos regarding the story to get an idea of what's happening. And one of the guys also mentioned that some cut-scenes wont be available but I don't think it will be a big deal since I'm more interested in the game play.