PS5 Console Discussion Thread.

Nexuds121

I know you alot people thinking it's to soon to start this thread about PS5 Discussion. But I thought i'll start it anyway. In 2020 or slighty later. I'm thinking do you guys begin planning to get PS5? Sony goes such a rush announcing PS5 and planning to release it in a few years time.

My only question is to you all. What do you make of this?

Edited by Nexuds121

Even if the ps5 does come in 2020, I'm still not buying it because I have way too many games in my backlog for PS4 and even PS3. I know a few people who still haven't gotten the PS4 yet. 2020 seems way too early I think it might come either 2022 or a bit later than that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Barring either a small miracle, or complete backward compatibility with all 4 previous generation's discs, I'll be picking up the Xbox 2 instead.

Yes sir.

I won't be picking up PS5 without back compat to the PS4 at least either. Sony can shove it right their greedy ass if they somehow try to justify no BC this time.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 2

Backwards compatibility is everything, especially with how many digital games I have.  No backwards compatibility = no PS5 purchase.

There is no justifiable reason why Sony can't make PS5 architecture able to run PS4 titles, other than greed.  If they go that route, I can't support the PS5 on principle.  As much as I want that eventual FF7 remake.

• Like 4

I dont know why everyone is saying 2020 is too soon considering every other PlayStation release has been about the same distance apart (even less actually).

I'll be getting the PS5 whenever there is a exclusive for it that i really want to play. 

• Like 2

I'll get it launch date, as I have most major systems for the last 20 years or so.  I don't care about backwards compatibility.  On the rare occasion that I want to play a game from a previous generation, I can just play the game on its respective system.  I keep all of my systems and stuff.

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 4

For all of you saying that 2020 is too soon, every Sony console generation has lasted for 6 years with the exception of the 7th gen (PS3). PS1 came out in 1994, PS2 in 2000, PS3 in 2006 and PS4 in 2013. I am expecting a late 2019 release for PS5. And even if they decide to stretch the gen for 1 more year mid 2020 is perfect for the release of PS5. Last gen console have become kinda outdated compared to modern PC (Not talking about PRO and X). Consoles need to be constantly updated so they can offer a greater gaming experience. Sony doesn't care if some people have not bough a PS4 yet, they need to keep their hardware updated so they can stay relevant. My expectations for the next Sony console is backwards compatibility for PS4 games, 4K and 60fps locked.

Edited by TheGwynbleidd
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

For all of you saying that 2020 is too soon, every Sony console generation has lasted for 6 years with the exception of the 7th gen (PS3). PS1 came out in 1994, PS2 in 2000, PS3 in 2006 and PS4 in 2013. I am expecting a late 2019 release for PS5. And even if they decide to stretch the gen for 1 more year mid 2020 is perfect for the release of PS5. Last gen console have become kinda outdated compared to modern PC (Not talking about PRO and X). Consoles need to be constantly updated so they can offer a greater gaming experience. Sony doesn't care if some people have not bough a PS4 yet, they need to keep their hardware updated so they can stay relevant. My expectations for the next Sony console is backwards compatibility for PS4 games, 4K and 60fps locked.

I think it's abit to early in 2019. I did say 2020 was my original decision. But my new decision will be 2022. Giving that indicate release date is the fair go for PS5 and besides PS4 still has alot of juice to give in for the next new PS4 games.

Actually, I think it's more likely that console makers are going to do incremental upgrades rather major console releases, like with PS4 Pro & Xbox1 S. None of those exclusive special hardware or fancy chipset like PS2 had. PS4 and XBox1 are just basically specialized PCs that's optimized for gaming. What really sells those consoles are IP exclusives to their respective consoles.

So PS5 will be just upgraded CPU/memory with some new Super-deluxe HDMI II-plus output that boasts (occasional) 240fps or whatnot.

I expect a 2020 release date since they haven't shown any exclusives past 2019 yet. I'm fine with or without BC. It's a great feature for convenience of only needing one system hooked up, but I don't wanna play old games on a new system. There's absolutely nothing wrong with my PS3 and PS4 so I'll play those if I still have a backlog when it comes out.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

I'm going to wait just like I did with the Playstation 4. If the Playstation 5 looks like it's worthy of my time then maybe I'll consider it.

Not worth it to buy it straight at launch when so few games are available that take advantage of it's hardware. The Playstation 4 today is a completely different beast from what it was when it launched in November 2013.

A year or two after launch, many of the problems, complaints and bitching regarding the console interface, slowdowns or whatever will be resolved by then.

I haven't even finished my Ps2 back log. I might get it though it's too soon now, Sony can change just like microsoft did and add some dicky attachment with a narcissistic approach resulting in slow sales and eventually no exclusives. Who knows? Maybe MS will actually have something on the table rather then 4k racing games?

16 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I haven't even finished my Ps2 back log. I might get it though it's too soon now, Sony can change just like microsoft did and add some dicky attachment with a narcissistic approach resulting in slow sales and eventually no exclusives. Who knows? Maybe MS will actually have something on the table rather then 4k racing games?

The problem is you might as well play on Steam since a lot of Microsoft's library gets put on there anyway eventually.

The Xbox 360 had a pretty good run. This generation has been very one sided, with Sony getting all the praise and attention and Microsoft struggling to even sell 20 - 25 million units of their console. Hasn't been good for them these past few years.

Would be nice to see Microsoft actually get something worth of damn rather than just have Forza again and again. Besides, Sony has Gran Turismo to compete with Forza, so it's not like Microsoft has anything really worth standing out. God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn have both sold a ridiculous amount of copies, and Microsoft's response to all that, especially their head guy Phil Spencer, is pretty piss poor.

• Like 1

Just now, Spaz said:

The problem is you might as well play on Steam since a lot of Microsoft's library gets put on there anyway eventually.

The Xbox 360 had a pretty good run. This generation has been very one sided, with Sony getting all the praise and attention and Microsoft struggling to even sell 20 - 25 million units of their console. Hasn't been good for them these past few years.

Would be nice to see Microsoft actually get something worth of damn rather than just have Forza again and again. Besides, Sony has Gran Turismo to compete with Forza, so it's not like Microsoft has anything really worth standing out. God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn have both sold a ridiculous amount of copies, and Microsoft's response to all that, especially their head guy Phil Spencer, is pretty piss poor.

%100 agree and it's a real pity, The original xbox had a decent run despite being so late on the scene and the 360 had a great run. Tbh the only reason I play the XB1 is for BC 360 titles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

%100 agree and it's a real pity, The original xbox had a decent run despite being so late on the scene and the 360 had a great run. Tbh the only reason I play the XB1 is for BC 360 titles.

Yeah it sucks.

I remember back in 2004 - 2006 a lot of my highschool friends and kids were excited to play on the Xbox and Xbox 360. Halo 2 was basically today's God of War in terms of popularity and excitement, kids had to go and buy it. Xbox 360 comes around in 2005 and it gave Microsoft a good headstart, considering the Playstation 3 had such a bad first impression when that came out.

Look at today. The Xbox One is struggling. Most people are either on Steam or on the Playstation 4. Phil Spencer doesn't understand shit when it comes to selling a good game. He should of looked at Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War as inspirations.

Then again the previous guy was already botching things up just before Spencer took over. Microsoft is going to have to come up with a pretty good plan if they want to compete with Sony in the future.