Trophy thoughts?

zeero7uk

I love how "Trophy Thoughts?" is like the obligatory comment on a new trophy list, much in the same way saying "first!" is obligatory on a new YouTube video. lol. Anyways, never player a Lumines game before but I've heard good things. Think I'll give it a try!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I love how "Trophy Thoughts?" is like the obligatory comment on a new trophy list, much in the same way saying "first!" is obligatory on a new YouTube video. lol. Anyways, never player a Lumines game before but I've heard good things. Think I'll give it a try!

This guy gets it!

And Lumines is a very good and addictive puzzle game, spent many hours playing it on the PSP. 

5 minutes ago, zer007uk said:

Trophy thoughts?  Well what more can you say? How would you say it? 

I personally would have named it "Lumines Remastered Trophy Discussion".  

53 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I love how "Trophy Thoughts?" is like the obligatory comment on a new trophy list, much in the same way saying "first!" is obligatory on a new YouTube video. lol. 

I'm in the exact same boat. Really gives me the shits when someone does this. Just pure laziness. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

It's even funnier when you consider that most of the "Trophy Thoughts" threads don't even talk about the trophies.

This list is very similar to Lumines Supernova on PS3 and that game was straight up HARD AS HELL. 180 squares in 180sec was insanely tough, but 320 IN 300? That's ridiculously difficult, not to mention all of the "Super Hard" puzzles and missions that are going to be included in the game. Then there's the CPU battles, and whatever the endless challenge is...

This won't be easy at all. I'm going to go for it because I love love LOVE Lumines, but I'm already thinking this Platinum is going to be real hard to achieve unless you're an absolute monster at the game (and even if you are it won't be a walk in the park!).

Edited by Kr1st0ph_212

Having played Supernova and Electronic Symphony extensively, and getting the 100% in both. I'd have to say (outside of CPU mode) that it'll be about the same difficulty as those. 

If there isn't some type of trick with CPU mode I would say that it'll be much harder than those two. 

I booted up the game and got the x Second Challenges done in about 15 minutes. Unless there is a trick to how you beat the CPU (not an OG Lumines vet so I don't know yet), that mode is easily an order of magnitude more difficult. I played that mode for about 5 hours straight last night and the highest I got without retrying is stage 8 but would get thoroughly stomped by that stage. I've also had issues with getting rolled nearly regularly on stages 4 through 7 as well. I do love me some Lumines so my main gripe is the loading screens between CPU stages, its not fun having to wait 5+ seconds for what could likely be a 30 second stomping by the CPU if you stuff up your opening.

There is at least one video of someone clearing in the original game so I'd assume that it's just a matter of executing correctly, not making mistakes especially, and maybe a bit of luck.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, sound_of_lies said:

Unless there is a trick to how you beat the CPU (not an OG Lumines vet so I don't know yet), that mode is easily an order of magnitude more difficult. I played that mode for about 5 hours straight last night and the highest I got without retrying is stage 8 but would get thoroughly stomped by that stage. I've also had issues with getting rolled nearly regularly on stages 4 through 7 as well. I do love me some Lumines so my main gripe is the loading screens between CPU stages, its not fun having to wait 5+ seconds for what could likely be a 30 second stomping by the CPU if you stuff up your opening.

There is at least one video of someone clearing in the original game so I'd assume that it's just a matter of executing correctly, not making mistakes especially, and maybe a bit of luck.

With you here. I knocked out most of the trophies pretty early on having scored 100% on Supernova and Electronic Symphony, but the CPU mode is more difficult than anything I've faced so far in those games because it feels like there is a degree of luck involved in not getting completely screwed over. I reached Level 8 without retries ONCE, but Levels 4, 7 and 9 seem to be a little harder than the others and I'm not really sure why. Seems like the trick is to open really strongly and push your advantage - though I kept getting really unlucky in Level 4 and even when it felt like I was doing well I would just gradually lose space. Unless there's a trick to it, this is probably going to be the hardest trophy to earn.

And yeah, the loading times are a drag. Even if it takes only a minute to beat one of the CPUs in a level, it's a pain having to wait between them.

The trophy for clearing two rounds of Endless Mode is a pain as well. I only need that now, and to beat the CPU without retires. Twice now in Endless mode, I have reached about Level 190 (you need to clear 210) and died. It’s the skin with the green and white blocks. The difficulty and speed just ramp up suddenly. It doesn’t help that it takes about 90-100 minutes just to GET to this stage, and to be only 5-10 minutes away from completion is a total kick in the nether regions.

All other trophies not so bad, in my opinion. The Timed ones are not as hard as previous instalments...there was one game where you had to get 210 blocks in 180 seconds...THAT was tough. Extrapolated to 300 seconds, that would be a requirement of 350 blocks...whereas it is actually “only” 320 needed in the 300 second mode. 

On 6/28/2018 at 9:14 PM, Kr1st0ph_212 said:

With you here. I knocked out most of the trophies pretty early on having scored 100% on Supernova and Electronic Symphony, but the CPU mode is more difficult than anything I've faced so far in those games because it feels like there is a degree of luck involved in not getting completely screwed over. I reached Level 8 without retries ONCE, but Levels 4, 7 and 9 seem to be a little harder than the others and I'm not really sure why. Seems like the trick is to open really strongly and push your advantage - though I kept getting really unlucky in Level 4 and even when it felt like I was doing well I would just gradually lose space. Unless there's a trick to it, this is probably going to be the hardest trophy to earn.

And yeah, the loading times are a drag. Even if it takes only a minute to beat one of the CPUs in a level, it's a pain having to wait between them.

With those stages in CPU mode the main difference is the line speed. In stage 4 the line is slow so its best just taking your time and making as few mistakes as possible whilst also building up a big stack of blocks. Stage 7's line is really fast which can cause the CPU to get ahead really quick. I focused on getting a solid opener and then doing simple stacks, you can leave a bit of mess behind so long as you clean it up with later drops this is the same for stage 9, I did get stage 9 to suicide a couple of times by just clearing stacks faster though. 

I have gotten the platinum now. The hardest section was CPU mode, Endless was also hard to manage at times. You really need to ensure you get into the two stages before "Lights" with as little stuff on the board as possible otherwise the slow speed of the line can kill you if you make mistakes. Highly recommend busting out the Grid Paper or Microsoft Excel to do plots for puzzle mode that mode took the longest for me, would've much preferred for it to be 50 stages like Mission mode. I was close to getting a world first but sadly real life got in the way :D

On 6/30/2018 at 6:02 PM, sound_of_lies said:

With those stages in CPU mode the main difference is the line speed. In stage 4 the line is slow so its best just taking your time and making as few mistakes as possible whilst also building up a big stack of blocks. Stage 7's line is really fast which can cause the CPU to get ahead really quick. I focused on getting a solid opener and then doing simple stacks, you can leave a bit of mess behind so long as you clean it up with later drops this is the same for stage 9, I did get stage 9 to suicide a couple of times by just clearing stacks faster though. 

I have gotten the platinum now. The hardest section was CPU mode, Endless was also hard to manage at times. You really need to ensure you get into the two stages before "Lights" with as little stuff on the board as possible otherwise the slow speed of the line can kill you if you make mistakes. Highly recommend busting out the Grid Paper or Microsoft Excel to do plots for puzzle mode that mode took the longest for me, would've much preferred for it to be 50 stages like Mission mode. I was close to getting a world first but sadly real life got in the way :D

Good stuff! So it's possible after all, just very difficult. I'm confident that I can clear all 10 stages without retries if the stars align and I'm on a good run. Yet to finish the Puzzle mode fully but I finished it in Supernova and it's pretty similar to that from what I've done so far (first 30 or so). It just takes a long time for sure.

On 2018/6/30 at 4:02 PM, sound_of_lies said:

failed several times on stage 9 and succeed finally after about 30 minute

but i have problme with challenge basic. it seems to be 100 level. but i tried to play till 130 levels, still the menu show 99% clear, and endless challenge is locked. can you give some advice

3 hours ago, DG_qun said:

but i have problme with challenge basic. it seems to be 100 level. but i tried to play till 130 levels, still the menu show 99% clear, and endless challenge is locked. can you give some advice

I had this too. I think you need to finish the other modes first so that all 40 skins are unlocked. If you do this, the Basic Challenge ends at Level 105.

On 7/2/2018 at 8:40 PM, DG_qun said:

On 7/3/2018 at 0:29 AM, dave87fez said:

I had this too. I think you need to finish the other modes first so that all 40 skins are unlocked. If you do this, the Basic Challenge ends at Level 105.

I did Basic Challenge first. I'm assuming it is a set & static mode, as in all the skins appear in sequence and no additional skins are added if you were to unlock more. If that is the case the mode should end after the "Lights" skin (that's also why the trophy is called lights). My recommendation would play all the way up to and through that skin and the mode should just end, you'll get your score, ranking, and completion time on the clear screen and any related trophies should pop then. From there endless and shuffle mode should unlock. You could do Endless straight after completing basic as that mode is just the set of basic skins but it only ends when you wipe, if you wipe after clearing the "lights" screen twice you'll get the 2 rounds of Endless trophy. Shuffle mode should really only be attempted when you've unlocked all the other skins from all the other modes. That ends at around level 200 if I remember correctly. 

Edited by sound_of_lies
spelling

3 hours ago, sound_of_lies said:

I did Basic Challenge first. I'm assuming it is a set & static mode, as in all the skins appear in sequence and no additional skins are added if you were to unlock more. If that is the case the mode should end after the "Lights" skin (that's also why the trophy is called lights). My recommendation would play all the way up to and through that skin and the mode should just end, you'll get your score, ranking, and completion time on the clear screen and any related trophies should pop then. From there endless and shuffle mode should unlock. You could do Endless straight after completing basic as that mode is just the set of basic skins but it only ends when you wipe, if you wipe after clearing the "lights" screen twice you'll get the 2 rounds of Endless trophy. Shuffle mode should really only be attempted when you've unlocked all the other skins from all the other modes. That ends at around level 200 if I remember correctly. 

thank you. basic ends at 105 level after you get all 40 skins. and shuffle mode ends at 200 level

now working on second version plat