Your First PS4 Game?

Nexuds121

Spider-Man (2018) Game of the Year. While the open world sometimes felt a bit barren, the side activities, story writing, combos, and little nods to the comics and movies satisfied my intent. Hopefully the Wolverine game in the pipeline is just as amazingly done as a service to the character as this one was for Spidey. Also glad because this is what caused me to defect as an XBOX user (2016-2020) and join the wonderful PlayStation ecosystem, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

My ps4 was a joint birthday gift to me from my wife (then-fiancée) and mom, they got me Knack with it, so technically that was my first game. 

However, the first game I purchased was 龍が如く維新!(Yakuza Ishin) , which I bought online. I don't remember if I ordered it before or after they gave me the console, but in a way I consider it my first game as well. 

Edited by pokeslob

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pretty unconventional list of beginning ps4 games. Picked up the system in November 2016. First 3 games over the next couple of months were Rise of the Tomb Raider, WWE2k16, and My Name is Mayo. After completing those three, I played and finished a lot of people's first pick-up (Infamous Second Son). Man, those games were fun! Ok, maybe not My Name is Mayo. I had to check that out for it's notoriety and easy platinum list though! I like to think I deserved Mayo's plat since it took over 2 years and some serious grinding to get the platinum for WWE 2k16 (Still my highest rated trophy). Don't judge me lol!

Edited by Gentendo_3000

The PS4 was another console launch that had no games worth getting the console for it at launch. I waited until the February after launch to get one and I distinctly remember going into Gamestop after I got the PS4 delivered and buying Thief for it just because I wanted something to play on it at least until Infamous Second Son came out. That was my first PS4 game, one of the most average, forgettable games ever made. And then a few weeks later of course, Infamous came out which was the whole reason why I bought the PS4 when I did and then after that game was another 3-4 months of nothing. 

That's why when PS5 came out, I waited a year before I bothered buying the damn thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

Persona 5! 

I used to be an Xbox primary gamer, but I got so sick of all the JRPGs being on Playstation, that one day I just said screw it and I sold my WiiU (barely touched that anyway) and bought a PS4 with a copy of Persona 5. Best decision ever. 

Also, happy about it because my first ever trophy is now Soul of Rebellion, and tell me that ain't cool ?

On 2/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, mega-tallica said:

The PS4 was another console launch that had no games worth getting the console for it at launch. I waited until the February after launch to get one and I distinctly remember going into Gamestop after I got the PS4 delivered and buying Thief for it just because I wanted something to play on it at least until Infamous Second Son came out. That was my first PS4 game, one of the most average, forgettable games ever made. And then a few weeks later of course, Infamous came out which was the whole reason why I bought the PS4 when I did and then after that game was another 3-4 months of nothing. 

That's why when PS5 came out, I waited a year before I bothered buying the damn thing. 

Man, early PS4 years must've sucked. At least the PS5 is backwards compatible, so I was perfectly happy playing PS4 titles until some good PS5 ones dropped. 

If Thief was the best thing available, you know the PS4s library must've been a wasteland ?

3 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

Man, early PS4 years must've sucked. At least the PS5 is backwards compatible, so I was perfectly happy playing PS4 titles until some good PS5 ones dropped. 

If Thief was the best thing available, you know the PS4s library must've been a wasteland 1f605.png

The launch titles were nothing but generic first-person shooters, sports games and Knack. And that was it pretty much for the first 6 months of its existence. Didn't start picking up well into 2014, it was horrendous. 

All things considered, the PS5 probably had the best catalog of launch games ever for a Sony console as far as quality, quantity, and variety is concerned. They finally get one right and then in a bad twist of fate the console itself becomes so hard to get so many didn't even get to experience Sony's first good launch library. 

• Like 1