Your First PS4 Game?

Nexuds121

Got mine in 2015 about a Month before Fallout 4 released (which is why I got it at that point) it was bundled with Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed Syndicate, the store threw in Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection as well and I believe I went past a Used Game/Movie/Electronic store as well and snagged Drive Club and something else too.

I Installed and tried AC Syndicate first... Still the WORST Assassin's Creed ever imo ?‍♂️ I did love Fallout 4 but the PS4 really didn't have much of note until 2016 kicked off honestly, then it was FULL STEAM AHEAD ?

• 3 weeks later...

My first PS4 game was Fallout 4. Originally it was a birthday gift from my brother to my sister but she never once played it. I got annoyed 'cause I thought it was wasteful so I popped the game in since it had a cool cover.

I ended up loving it and finishing it. Then I found out about the DLC and was like 'What the fleck there's more?!?' and getting super excited. I'm planning on playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas sometime in the future after I clear a few shorter games. ? 

Fallout_4_cover_art.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was so long ago that I was curious about it so I searched in my trophy log and apparently it's "Road Not Taken" it was free for ps plus at the time, it's my first game that I played on ps4 because it probably took 5 minutes to download since later that day I started "Metro Last Light Redux" lol. ?

This was also the real reason; why I bought the Playstation 4; at that time. Because I wanted to play this game and unfortunately it wasn't available for the XBOX One.

So years later I bought the sequel and the addon to it; because I really liked this game.

Gravity Rush Remastered - Accolades Trailer /  Gravity Rush 2 Official Announce TrailerGravity Rush 2 | PSX 2016 Trailer ‘The Ark of Time: Raven's Choice’ DLC

/Gravity Rush: The Animation - Overture | Parts A & B

Edited by Chirithy84
  • Like 1

Just checked my Trophy Log and it looks like it was Watch Dogs. I played through it a few times on a family member's console as I didn't own one myself at the time.

I officially got my own PS4 right around when Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare came out and that was my first game I picked up myself. Visually was a very good looking game at the time.

Contrast, and Need for Speed Rivals.

Contrast was a pretty good indie narrative puzzler.

Need for Speed Rivals...

well... got it because a new driving game is usually a good way to showcase the graphics on a new console... and it sort of did... but that was about all that game was good for! ?

• 1 month later...

Got my PS4 in 2017 and it came with Far Cry 4, Star Wars Battlefront, and Need for Speed Rivals. I by far had the most fun with Star Wars Battlefront, as at the time I didn't find Far Cry very appealing and I found Rivals quite boring compared to the other Need for Speed games.

Edited by Brainz4Lunch

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure it was an indie game called Contrast.  I'd gotten a PS4 relatively early in the console's lifespan, and at the time, I only had money for the console itself.  For the first couple of months, I subsisted on the free games that I got via PS Plus and Contrast was the first one I tried on PS4.  It was alright, an easy trophy completion.  My first actual game game that I laid down good money for was Watch Dogs 1 a few months later.  I know it has its critics but I had a blast with it.  I'd actually just finished the online trophies and am just slowly wrapping up the harder single player trophies for it. 

Oh man I just checked and erm mine is quite ridiculous lol

Ok so first PS4 game!!!

Arcade Archives Bubble Bobble!!!!! ....

Then

2nd Arcade Archives Double Dragon
3rd Arcade Archives Double Dragon II

Then what's this? Oh not an Arcade Archives games but

4th Final Fantasy VII

A Playstation 1 game.

After just after that at no5

Phantom Breakers Battleground Overdrive, a remaster of a Vita game...

6th is Walking Dead Series 2 (Technically a PS3 game that was free on PS+)

And then 7th BOOM!

Bloodborne, an actual PS4 game. lol

[edit] After this I start playing Duke Nukem 3D and various Namco arcade games, and after Bloodborne it's a while again it seems before I play another actual PS4 game. But yes I do remember when I got my PS4 and I couldn't wait to play all these retro and arcade games that I could not get on PS3 and Vita. Gotta keep your priorities in check! lol

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.

It was also my first PS4 Platinum and actually a really enjoyable game, but I remember getting the platinum was a bit grindy by the end.

It came with my PS4 along with Driveclub, NBA 2K15 and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag but I'm pretty sure Shadow of Mordor was the first one I played. I remember how excited I was for that bundle as the PS4 had been out for about a year or so and I really wanted one.