optimusmart

Pets Carriers ~ How to reroll the contents every few mins

24 posts in this topic

There are two pets with 3x and One with 2x. They do not stack sadly and the chance to get one is low.

Well. I recommend Saving or buying at least 10, then backup save.  If the pet isn't in them, load your Save file with the unopened. Play ca. 35 minutes, Backup, open, load and repeat until you got the pet. 

19 minutes ago, Rhevarr said:

There are two pets with 3x and One with 2x. They do not stack sadly and the chance to get one is low.

Well. I recommend Saving or buying at least 10, then backup save.  If the pet isn't in them, load your Save file with the unopened. Play ca. 35 minutes, Backup, open, load and repeat until you got the pet. 

True with the 2 x pet, I didnt metion that one as the 3 x pet is 1 x better so that the one we want

The thing is with the waiting reroll, is that to fully from the pet, u need it right at the start, starting the game, then not doing nothing for hours waiting or rerolls will get frustrating. Only for those that want to maximise the pets efficiency of course

The difference between having it to start and getting it later, can be the difference of 10s of hours. Again, only of importance for those wanting to maximise efficiency, but it was the waiting that was annoying me because its not a efficient way to get the pet

But now we now we can reroll it with lunchboxes, those who want to, can get it really early now with little money spent

Rather than open, wait 35mins, open, wait 35 mins, open, wait 35mins etc

We can now, open 1 lunchbox, open pet, open 2 lunchboxes, open pet, open 3 lunchboxes, open pet etc

Much better now the waiting can be avoided

48 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

@optimusmartDamn... this is almost common sense. I can't believe I didn't think of it. Nice find, bud.

I know right ;), think about I feel, like a right dumbass

I spent hours messing abt, sometimes the results were odd. It never clicked that it was because sometimes I would open 1 or 2 lunchboxes before or after, yet the reason was there right in my face

Guess the Missus is right when she calls me stupid ;)

So I begun sort off testing out how fast I can get Platinum today, I got the 3 x objective pet within 6 rolls of 5 carriers, so 30 carriers I had to open before it popped

Anyway, actually trying to play the game finally, its quite boring, as its still so grindy even with timeskipping.

Just dont think I can be bothered with it now, especially when I have more interesting to play.

I had to turn off after 2 quests, just couldnt do I anymore ;)

3 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I know right ;), think about I feel, like a right dumbass

I spent hours messing abt, sometimes the results were odd. It never clicked that it was because sometimes I would open 1 or 2 lunchboxes before or after, yet the reason was there right in my face

Guess the Missus is right when she calls me stupid ;)

And I've wasted so much money on trying to rush this. Lol

Someone needs to make a video to confirm this. The explanation seems abit confusing to process on what to do

1 hour ago, MarioMan200 said:

Someone needs to make a video to confirm this. The explanation seems abit confusing to process on what to do

Each time you open a item in the collection tab under the shop window, the contents reroll, thats it. 

If u have 1 pet, if u want to reroll its contents, make a save backup and open 1 lunchbox before opening it. Not what u want, restore and open 2 before the pet. Not what u want, restore and open 3 before the pet, etc etc

Im not spending my own time again messing about with this game, getting bored off it to be honest

Its not really a known mechanic, there is no proof for or against anyway. If people dont wanna believe it, fine, believe somebody else instead. Anyway wants to check for themselves, will take 5mins anyway

11 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Each time you open a item in the collection tab under the shop window, the contents reroll, thats it. 

If u have 1 pet, if u want to reroll its contents, make a save backup and open 1 lunchbox before opening it. Not what u want, restore and open 2 before the pet. Not what u want, restore and open 3 before the pet, etc etc

Im not spending my own time again messing about with this game, getting bored off it to be honest

Its not really a known mechanic, there is no proof for or against anyway. If people dont wanna believe it, fine, believe somebody else instead. Anyway wants to check for themselves, will take 5mins anyway

Dont think he was doubting you. Just maybe your manner of typing isnt very logical from a sentence standpoint. A lot of run on and beating a dead horse. Either way

Word to the wise, it might be smarter to not pay for anything as the game just stole a paid pet from me.

Bought a pet>uploaded my save>opened pet>not what i wanted>redownloaded save>pet gone/dont have a crate to open. 

Not sure its common for this or not, just warning people. In simpliest terms sony just stole a buck from me.

Edited by killerJAZZ420

29 minutes ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Dont think he was doubting you. Just maybe your manner of typing isnt very logical from a sentence standpoint. A lot of run on and beating a dead horse. Either way

Word to the wise, it might be smarter to not pay for anything as the game just stole a paid pet from me.

Bought a pet>uploaded my save>opened pet>not what i wanted>redownloaded save>pet gone/dont have a crate to open. 

Not sure its common for this or not, just warning people. In simpliest terms sony just stole a buck from me.

Im.on.may.phone a lot, hence the fast typing

The game didnt steal a pet, you.must make the.backup.AFTER its been.redeemed, but while.still in ur collection tab

Making.the backup BEFORE redeeming.it will.not work as the redeeming.tab is connected.to.the.store, everything is a 1 time redeem no matter what

I have said in the OP, REDEEM BUT.DONT.OPEN

When mechanics are misunderstood, it leads to.misinformation/assumptions. The game does NOT steal pets

Edited by optimusmart

20 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Im.on.may.phone a lot, hence the fast typing

The game didnt steal a pet, you.must make the.backup.AFTER its been.redeemed, but while.still in ur collection tab

Making.the backup BEFORE redeeming.it will.not work as the redeeming.tab is connected.to.the.store, everything is a 1 time redeem no matter what

I have said in the OP, REDEEM BUT.DONT.OPEN

When mechanics are misunderstood, it leads to.misinformation/assumptions. The game does NOT steal pets

lol Just as an fyi with your method of typing, i.e. phone paragraphing, had you followed and typed a simple/clear step by step guide to doing it i probably wouldn't have lost my money and people would have a better understanding of your directions. Not to say you HAVE to do it that way, just simpler and easier to follow rather then whole essays of spelling errors and misuse of punctuation. 

Either way im sure people can be/will be/are grateful for your tips into getting the pets and stuff just might want to be a little smarter about something like this in the future.

And just to touch on it. The game did STEAL my pet, no way around that whether or not you think so. I spent money, and i dont have the thing i spent money on. There for it was stolen, thats just the fact of it. Thats beside the point though.

I have confirmed that this method works as of 6/21/18. I stockpiled more than 15 vault boxes and 2 pet carriers,  saved and closed app before I back up my save then went back into the game and opened my boxes and carriers. I didn't get the objective multiplier pets, so closed app and reloaded my save via backup, loaded up the game again, then wait roughly 10-15 minutes in my vault because I was trying to get the Get Off My Lawn trophy, opened my boxes and carriers and got new different items. So the reroll time is 10 or more minutes, not 30. I tried opening my loot boxes and pet carriers less than 10 minutes and I got the same items I got before I reloaded my save so don't do that, I tried to manipulate time on my system, that also didn't work. So I recommend that you get a timer or something set it to 10 or 15 minutes so you don't forget to open your boxes.If you don't get an objective multiplier pet, reload save, load game, wait for the timer minutes, repeat.

Edited by MarioMan200

32 minutes ago, MarioMan200 said:

I have confirmed that this method works as of 6/21/18. I stockpiled more than 15 vault boxes and 2 pet carriers,  saved and closed app before I back up my save then went back into the game and opened my boxes and carriers. I didn't get the objective multiplier pets, so closed app and reloaded my save via backup, loaded up the game again, then wait roughly 10-15 minutes in my vault because I was trying to get the Get Off My Lawn trophy, opened my boxes and carriers and got new different items. So the reroll time is 10 or more minutes, not 30. I tried opening my loot boxes and pet carriers less than 10 minutes and I got the same items I got before I reloaded my save so don't do that, I tried to manipulate time on my system, that also didn't work. So I recommend that you get a timer or something set it to 10 or 15 minutes so you don't forget to open your boxes.If you don't get an objective multiplier pet, reload save, load game, wait for the timer minutes, repeat.

Its hit and miss, sometimes 10mins is enough, sometimes longer, 30mins is a safety barrier

Besides, the time reroll is obsolete to the open a lunchbox reroll which seems to be getting overlooked oddly....?

Hi. Something I am not sure about in this thread... BACKUP of save. How do you mean?

2 hours ago, mrbastounis said:

Hi. Something I am not sure about in this thread... BACKUP of save. How do you mean?

Uploading the save to the cloud, or copying it to USB

I uploaded my save to the cloud and just made sure I didn't have fallout shelter as auto-upload.

It worked for me on my 3rd try. Bought the 10 pet carrier pack. Sadly I only got 2x objective but that'll do for now unless I want to try again another day.

Edited by NutellaOrgies

Naturally I got the 2x Objective Pet. What is the most effective way to use them for platinum?
Which dweller do I give them to?

On 7/1/2018 at 6:47 PM, Ryudoz said:

Naturally I got the 2x Objective Pet. What is the most effective way to use them for platinum?
Which dweller do I give them to?

I gave mine to one of the dwellers I always send on quests. Since that's a gaurantee of getting it done for the 100 quests then once that's done I'm gonna concentrate on the raiders and put it in the second room since that's where they always seem to die for me

Edited by NutellaOrgies

2 hours ago, iAMDaBeST-LT said:

Do lunchboxes unlock pets as well?

I’m quite sure I obtained a few pets with lunchboxes, but to get the objectivepets, you’ll have to be very, VERY lucky.

Would backing up my save and doing this trick work if I've already used the time skip? Wondering if the cloud will see it's a different time and get confused and maybe corrupt something?

I was curious about starting the game and then I came across this topic. I have the PS+ pack and did enough of the introductory bit to earn another 3 lunchboxes for a total of 8. I made sure I redeemed them and had them in the collection tab, saved my game, and then made my back up save to the cloud. I'm happy to say that I got the 3x Parrot on my 4th attempt!! Thank you so much for finding and sharing this!! :D<3

1 hour ago, ShayShay1993 said:

I was curious about starting the game and then I came across this topic. I have the PS+ pack and did enough of the introductory bit to earn another 3 lunchboxes for a total of 8. I made sure I redeemed them and had them in the collection tab, saved my game, and then made my back up save to the cloud. I'm happy to say that I got the 3x Parrot on my 4th attempt!! Thank you so much for finding and sharing this!! :D<3

Thought this thread was lost in the wind ;)

Considering how helpful this tip is, I dont know why it hasnt spread more, or even noted in the TGs at least. 

Glad it helped anyway bud ;)