This is the best platformer i have ever played.

Celeste is my favorite platformer, it has an emotional story, something rarely offered in a platformer, challenging gameplay, replayability, tight controls, great mechanics, the music, and art are amazing, definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Celeste is my favorite platformer, it has an emotional story, something rarely offered in a platformer, challenging gameplay, replayability, tight controls, great mechanics, the music, and art are amazing, definitely recommend it.

I've been cheking it out but i suck at precision platformers. The hardest one i have ever completed was Wings of Vi on PC. I never could finish Super Meat Boy or the Wanna Be the Guy games.

36 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I've been cheking it out but i suck at precision platformers. The hardest one i have ever completed was Wings of Vi on PC. I never could finish Super Meat Boy or the Wanna Be the Guy games.

Celeste can be played with assist mode turned on. It’s a 2/10 difficulty plat. You can have fun with it on normal mode then turn the assists on to finish the trophies

• Like 1

Just now, Warlord99956 said:

Celeste can be played with assist mode turned on. It’s a 2/10 difficulty plat. You can have fun with it on normal mode then turn the assists on to finish the trophies

Oohh i didnt know that. Will definitely check it out a bit more since it seems like a really good game.

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm not finding it on Google play store. Can you link the android version? 

This is hosted by the developer. Apparently it was a free proof of concept release for a contest. Didn’t want to create a clickable link for their sake, and because “.apk” could be seen as dangerous.

http://www.la-cosa.net/Klaus-GoldMasterData20121212.apk

# # # # # # # # # # #

Also, KLAUS is definitely the best choice. Maybe another good one is the remake of A Boy and His Blob for Wii (and now on everything including PS4).

Edited by crauuecrauue
  • Like 1

Celeste is actually not that hard besides the B and C Side Levels, you should really consider not using Assist Mode unless you're completely stuck, after the main story is probably the best time to use it as the story is tied to the struggles of Madeline, even though it's not brutally difficult, it's very far from Super Meat Boy, but very similar at the same time, mechanics wise.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Celeste is actually not that hard besides the B and C Side Levels, you should really consider not using Assist Mode unless you're completely stuck, after the main story is probably the best time to use it as the story is tied to the struggles of Madeline, even though it's not brutally difficult, it's very far from Super Meat Boy, but very similar at the same time, mechanics wise.

Yeah ill try it without assist mode at first ofc. If i cant progress anymore ill probably turn it on. How does it compare to Wings of Vi? IF you have played it that is. 

I had over 3,5k  deaths before i finally beat that game. The only hard platformer i truly stuck with until the end.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah ill try it without assist mode at first ofc. If i cant progress anymore ill probably turn it on. How does it compare to Wings of Vi? IF you have played it that is. 

I had over 3,5k  deaths before i finally beat that game. The only hard platformer i truly stuck with until the end.

I've never played Wings, but there are 8 larger levels and each room you get a checkpoint if you die, some rooms are really straightforward, some require more thinking, but it's nowhere near the level of Super Meat Boy, and similar to Wings in death counts, you'll die a lot but it's not frustrating, i'd say the main chapters are around 1k-2k deaths, if you're brave enough to do the B and C Sides, it will definitely go up to 1k-6k, even if it's not your thing, everything else is SO worth it.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...