Despair Checklist: cr1s' Test

cr1s

12 minutes ago, OhDearGodRun said:

No, YOU get snipped. :P

Yeah, a gaming journal would probably be your best bet if you don't feel like spending a lot of time on making and updating a trophy checklist. And it's something I'd definitely be interested in checking out. Let me know how that goes! :)

• Like 1

Well... This has to be the most impressive, detailed, well-thought and unique checklist I have seen on this site. You really went above and beyond at making this @cr1s It definitely shows everywhere. Not only your love for Danganronpda is accordingly laid out everywhere but I can also spot a good deal of your personality here and there, which really adds to the whole quality of the thread. For sure, I'll be coming here to check on your progress on a more frequent basis.

Gotta love that sexy pink everywhere! :P

On 21/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, cr1s said:

Japanese games: I'd been avoiding most of those games in the past due to my misconceptions about them being childish, immature, etc. I know, I know. Please forgive me. :(

What?! :dunno: ... It's alright, all is forgiven now :highfive:

Also, pretty cool work on the banners @OhDearGodRun ? They totally help in getting the thread to look way more lively.

Good luck with Senran Kagura and the Zone of the Enders remaster this coming week. When I get a PS4, that game series is one I'll be definitely prioritizing to get

Have to find a way now to make my journal look more decent after this, damn... xD

• Like 2

Weekly Update #11 (September 3-9):

Hello and welcome to another weekly update featuring your host Monokuma @cr1s!

Overview:

Let's see... This week featured:

• A bit of 9b6D.gif, Seriously, how the hell did this even happen? xD
  • A healthy dose of senran_kagura_estival_versus___dance_by_, :holy:*shakes head*
  • And a whole lot of DrearyHiddenHyracotherium-size_restricte

But I know how much you all love details, so let's get down to it!

Progress Update:

• Got the F1 2011 (Vita) platinum on Tuesday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • Started Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita) on Tuesday. I'm not rushing it as the story is somewhat decent (albeit goofy), and I'm glad there's more to it than blatant fan service. The gameplay is pure fun, even if the level design is repetitive. I've just reached the end of Day Five in Shinobi Girls' Code (aka the story mode). I think I'll get the platinum on Tuesday given that I have that day off from work. And yes, I'll be stacking the PS4 version when I'm done with the Vita version. That one should only take a few hours since most of the trophies can be quickly obtained thanks to the cross-save feature, so I'll just think of it as a "quickie". :giggle:
  • Started Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS4) on Friday and got its platinum on Saturday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • Added a new Level Milestone: PSN Level 63!
  • Added the following games to my backlog: Code: Realize ~ Bouquet of Rainbows and Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash. Bouquet of Rainbows is a PS4 bundle that features the 2 Code: Realize VNs that have been localized so far: Guardian of Rebirth and Future Blessings. I loved Guardian of Rebirth and definitely wouldn't mind going through it again, while I hope that Future Blessings will also be as great. In any case, this bundle will be worth it for Guardian of Rebirth at least. :) And I got Peach Beach Splash for more of that Senran Kagura goodness. :awesome:

Plans For Next Week:

• Senran Kagura Estival Versus :platinum: x2
  • Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash :platinum:
  • Go back to StarBlood Arena and get some more trophies in it.
  • Watch The Predator when it releases on Thursday here. Wait, what is this doing in my trophy checklist? Dammit Monokuma, stop leaking my other plans!

That's it for this week, folks! Stay tuned for another weekly upda-

NOW, WAIT A MINUTE!

Huh? *raises eyebrow*

On 9/5/2018 at 3:28 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Danganronpda

ulKHJGP.png

Whoa. Calm down, Monokuma! It's just a typo. It happens to everyone! Unless it was a deliberate way to provoke you. If that's the case... Nice job, Felicia! :D

Gotta love that sexy pink everywhere! :P

518c3F2.png

What? No, it wasn't! Will you stop hijacking my trophy checklist already? @_@

giphy.gif

*disappears*

*sigh* Sorry about that, @Honor_Hand (and everyone else). As you may have noticed, Monokuma likes to intervene at the most inopportune moments. >_> Don't listen to anything he says because *whispers* he's just messing with your mind.

Also:

What?! :dunno:

That's pretty much how it went down:

2hkzhc.jpg

And the rest, as they say, is history. That's also true when it comes to Japanese games in general. Yeah, I used to be one of "those" people, but that prejudice and these misconceptions? It's all in the past now. :)

Welp, that's it for this weekly update. See you next Sunday, everyone! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Upupu.
  • Like 2

A healthy dose of senran_kagura_estival_versus___dance_by_ , :holy:*shakes head*

MmmmHmmm :awesome: So THIS is the plot you were talking about last time. It certainly appears to be both extensive and interesting. Will need to check it out soon. 

Have fun checking out the plot on Peach Beach Splash. Let us know what are your thoughts on it. Why, I'm pretty sure you could give us a full assessment of that game after you finish it.

Whoa. Calm down, Monokuma! It's just a typo. It happens to everyone! Unless it was a deliberate way to provoke you. If that's the case... Nice job, Felicia! :D

That damned keyboard! >.> It's ok though, if I managed to get Monokuma pissed for it, then it was a word well typed ;)

As you may have noticed, Monokuma likes to intervene at the most inopportune moments. >_> Don't listen to anything he says because *whispers* he's just messing with your mind.

@_@

lmao The text I underlined right there made me burst into laughs when I read it xD

Good that those prejudices and misconceptions are all in the past. There are many cool Japanese games out there to enjoy as to limit yourself for one reason or another. Admittedly, I was like that many, many years ago but then, I saw the truth and the foolishness of it all and decided to broaden my horizons instead. Best decision I have ever taken ;)

See you on your next update Ibuki-san. Have fun with your games and all the plot you will be checking out in the coming days :awesome:

• Like 1

Weekly Update #12 (September 10-16):

Holy fuck, is this Senran Kagura Appreciation Week or what? :holy:

*looks around*

Wait, are we live already? *upupu* Oh... *grumbles* Of course Monokuma went live right before I said that.

*clears throat*

Hello everyone, and welcome to another weekly update! ^_^ It's that time of the week where I look back on it and see what plot was uncovered, so let's get right on it!

Overview:

Well, this was an eventful week, to say the least. My eyes gazed upon:

• Another unhealthy dose of Rin+1.gif, and
  • A small taste of ipTwH3O.gif

And Max Payne 3, but who the hell cares about that game? Pfft.

I know, I know... You want more, don't you? Well then, let's go into the juicy details!

Progress Update:

• Got the Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita) platinum on Thursday and the Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4) platinum on Friday. Double the stack, double the plot! Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • Started Max Payne 3 on Saturday and got most of its online multiplayer trophies done. Some of the rest will require a bit of grinding, but they shouldn't be too bad. But yeah, that's another potential sub-1% platinum started. We'll see how this one goes. :hmm:
  • Started Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash on Saturday and got the main story done so far. Will I get the platinum before the summer's over (i.e. by Thursday)? :o Stay tuned to find out! The good news is that I have Thursday off from work, so this plan will hopefully work in my favor.

Plans For Next Week:

• Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash :platinum:(for real this time)
  • Get most of the remaining online multiplayer trophies in Max Payne 3
  • Seriously, I should go back to StarBlood Arena. Maybe... eventually...
  • End of Summer 2018 and beginning of Fall 2018, so there will be a small recap of this season, as well as an overview of the next season!

That's it for- Wait... Hey, Monokuma, is there something you wanna say first?

1e24706be9c9d3d5211ecd37ec3ccf819ec9d3bc

What the hell? Of course I want some! Pretty please, with some cherries on top and a bit of whipped cream?

giphy.gif

*disappears*

Why, you little... ;-;

*sigh* That's all, folks! See you next Sunday for another weekly update! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Every day I upupu.
  • Like 3

Seasonal Update #1 (Summer 2018):

Hello everyone, and welcome to a special update! ^_^ In this update, I'll look back on Summer 2018 and give a recap of my gaming and trophy hunting during this period as well as an overview of what's to come in Fall 2018. Without further ado, let's get down to it!

Highlights:

• I think the biggest highlight would be the fact that I got a PSVR! Regardless of whether games are solely built around it or not, this amazing piece of technology has a lot of potential and can really change the way you play games depending on how it's implemented, not only by how you play them (obviously), but also by possibly adding a lot of depth to said games. A prime example among the games with VR support I've played so far is the Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner remaster on PS4. VR support adds a whole new dimension to this game and is something worthy of being experienced for sure! I'm sure the same can be said of other games as well, and I can't wait to experience some more VR games in the months and years to come!
  • I also reached 2 new (unofficial) trophy milestones: 375th platinum and 16,000th trophy, both of which being a game I love and enjoyed so much: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (EU)! The best game in the Danganronpa series (to me anyway), this game surprised me with its ending in a way I never expected any game to be able to! I initially played this game back in May 2018, but then put it off for a few months because Despair Dungeon just seemed so... despairful. *upupu* But it wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it, and at least I know how to tackle this minigame when I'll stack this game in the near future! I don't wanna repeat myself any further, so I'll just leave a link to my full thoughts on the game in case you missed them (which has some spoilers, but only in the first spoiler tag - the rest are spoiler-free):
  • Last, but not least: Monokuma I revamped my trophy checklist and turned it a Danganronpa-themed one, featuring cameo appearances by "the one and only" Monokuma and other shenanigans. I'm particularly happy with this one because I rarely ever take on such despairful projects and I'm very pleased with the end result. I hope that you've been enjoying going through my trophy checklist and that it'll (continue to) entertain you in the future! ^_^

Summer 2018:

Alright, so let's do a recap and comparison of the games I had planned to play and the ones I ended up playing/finishing:

Original List:

Spoiler
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS3)
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)
  • Lost Planet 3
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3)
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita)
  • Prototype (PS4)
  • Prototype 2 (PS4)
  • Rayman Origins (Vita)
  • Red Faction
  • Saints Row IV (PS4)
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita)
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4)
  • Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER)

Final List:

Spoiler
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS3)
  • Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry (PS4)
  • Bravo Team
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (EU)
  • F1 2011 (Vita)
  • Lost Planet 3
  • Prototype (PS4)
  • Prototype 2 (PS4)
  • Rayman Origins (Vita)
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita)
  • Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4)
  • Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
  • Strike Vector EX
  • Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS4)

Final Results:

Spoiler
  • Completed Games (Original List): 11/18
  • Final Score: 61%
  • Final Grade: D
  • Final Verdict: Pass

Phew, I just bearly escaped Monokuma's wrath... *wipes sweat off forehead*

xcj7tYH.png

Upupu... What does it feel like to get a taste of your own medicine, Monokuma? :awesome:

Fall 2018:

Regarding my seasonal goals, I won't include games randomly anymore, so I came up with some rules on how to choose the games that will make it to my lists from now on.

Rules:

Spoiler

class_trial.jpg

Monokuma... :facepalm: Ah, here they are!

• The games that I didn't play during Summer 2018 will carry over to the Fall 2018 list.
  • Games that I already started prior to Fall 2018 won't be included. Even if I do finish them, they won't count as a completed game in the final results.
  • This list will try to equally cater to my 3 recently-established objectives that are found at the beginning of my trophy checklist (well, the first one is done by just playing games anyway :P). In other words, I'll try to balance Japanese games, Ultra Rare platinums, and other kinds of games.
  • This list will consist of 20 games. Failure to complete at least 12 of them by December 20, 2018 will result in... oh, dear! *gulp* A failing grade.
  • Despair-A-Ton will take place during Fall 2018, most specifically in [redacted]. Monokuma demands it because he's clearly itching to unleash his beary funny puns on everyone once again.

And now, for... THE LIST!

THE LIST:

Spoiler
  • Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (Vita)
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4)
  • Danganronpa 1/2 Reload
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (EU/NA PS4)
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NA)
  • Knowledge Is Power
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3)
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita)
  • Persona 4 Golden (EU)
  • Red Faction
  • Red Faction II
  • Robinson: The Journey (EU)
  • Saints Row IV (PS4)
  • Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4)
  • Superhot
  • Tumble VR
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER)
  • Yakuza 5

While the list is set in stone, I don't have to play all the games that are listed (as long as I complete at least 12 of them as per the above rule), so I have a bit of freedom to choose what I wanna play. This is good for me as I can be moody about what to play sometimes. :lol: But I really do hope I'll finally play Mass Effect: Andromeda, Persona 4 Golden, and Yakuza 5 in particular. ^_^

That's it for THE LIST. Will @cr1s escape Monokuma's wrath yet again, or will the tables be turned? (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Tune in this Christmas to find out!

d2ec011c588252ead05b78ba609635c0882724b8

Yes, @Ibuki. I feel the same when it comes to playing all most of those games, and I'm sure everyone can't wait to see what happens. :D

That's it for this special update, everyone! Stay tuned for our regular Weekly Update on Sunday! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Upu- Nope.
  • Like 3

Cool update. Good job on almost escaping Monokuma's wrath, cr1s. It seems you did well on this self-established challenge of yours :P

I see you're changing your rules as to not add any games at random during this next season. Man, I wouldn't be able to pull off something like that as I'd probably grow bored of any particular game and then switch onto something else out of the blue and that I didn't even plan for. So, kudos to you on that rule :awesome:

The list of 20 games you will be playing looks pretty good and true to your rules. You have a number of Japanese games, a couple of Ultra Rare Platinums and a little bit of everything to keep you occupied. Good luck with them. Wish I'd have something else to say on them but either I don't have them, have not played them or don't even know of their existence (There goes all my street cred...*sigh*). I think Saints Row IV is the only game we have in common as I was also planning to Plat that one on PS3 sooner than later.

That Despair-A-Ton thing has got me curious though... When will it be taking place and what does it entail? :hmm:

See you on your next update! ^_^

Edited by Honor_Hand
Lol At the Edit above ↑

Weekly Update #13 (September 17-23):

Aww man, no more Senran Kagura? But... But I wanted to see more plot! :(

*upupu*

Wait, why's that bastard laugh- *covers mouth*

*sigh* I guess I should get used to this...

*inhales* Greetings everyone, and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ This past week in a nutshell:

Spoiler

2ikq00.jpg

Even Buzz knows all about the plot. :awesome:

That's it for this Weekly Update! Stay tuned for another episode of the Weekly Update next Sunday!

Gotcha! Did you really think I'd end any episode of the Weekly Update so soon? Monokuma would send me to detention otherwise, and believe me when I say that I don't wanna experience that ever again! So yeah, let's see what occurred during this past week, shall we? ^_^

Overview:

• A whole lot of NearSpiffyGannet-size_restricted.gif, (Sorry @Honor_Hand, I couldn't resist using this one :holy:)
  • Some expert shootdodging like this 2967213-1926046935-giphy.gif,
  • As well as eMOSnU.gif.

DETAILS! DETAILS! DETAILS!

Progress Update:

• Got the Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash platinum on Wednesday, watched the entire Senran Kagura anime, and still had some time left before the summer ended. In other words... Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • Went back to Max Payne 3 and got most of the remaining multiplayer trophies done as planned. All that's left when it comes to those is the grind to Level 50, which I can and will do in Arcade Mode soon.
  • Started Tumble VR on Saturday and got most of its trophies done. All that's left is to get the remaining Sequence and Target medals (which aren't too many) and grind some height, so I'll hopefully have the platinum tomorrow.

Plans For Next Week:

• Tumble VR :platinum:
  • Knowledge Is Power :platinum: - Ahh, the joy of borrowing 4 more smart phones/devices from family members again... I can't wait for that! Especially the part where I have to explain to them that it's for an "experiment".
  • Start Red Faction and potentially get its platinum if I have enough time.
  • I swear I'll go back to StarBlood Arena... one of these days.

And now, please welcome our special guest for this episode, Felicia @Honor_Hand!

On 9/22/2018 at 11:11 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Cool update. Good job on almost escaping Monokuma's wrath, cr1s. It seems you did well on this self-established challenge of yours :P

A-Almost? So you don't want me to escape Monokuma's wrath? :o

Spoiler

And meh, it doesn't matter. My ultimate goal is just a passing grade. What passing grade I get is irrelevant because Monokuma would be majorly pissed off regardless. :awesome:

I see you're changing your rules as to not add any games at random during this next season. Man, I wouldn't be able to pull off something like that as I'd probably grow bored of any particular game and then switch onto something else out of the blue and that I didn't even plan for. So, kudos to you on that rule :awesome:

Hence why I came up with the "at least 12 out of 20 completed games" rule, to allow some leeway in case I feel like playing/finishing something else... if I'll have enough time for that, that is. :P

The list of 20 games you will be playing looks pretty good and true to your rules. You have a number of Japanese games, a couple of Ultra Rare Platinums and a little bit of everything to keep you occupied. Good luck with them. Wish I'd have something else to say on them but either I don't have them, have not played them or don't even know of their existence (There goes all my street cred...*sigh*). I think Saints Row IV is the only game we have in common as I was also planning to Plat that one on PS3 sooner than later.

Thanks! ^_^ Oooh, nice. Enjoy the madness that is Saints Row IV! This will actually be my third time playing it. :D

That Despair-A-Ton thing has got me curious though... When will it be taking place and what does it entail? :hmm:

That? Oh, it's simple. I can tell you about it right now. It will take place in-

Curious, are we @Honor_Hand? Too bad, because all shall only be revealed in due time. *upupu*

But... But I really wanna tell him! Please?

tumblr_inline_mradnc5Ajq1qz4rgp.png

*gulp* Fine, fine... *sigh* Sorry, @Honor_Hand, but I'd rather not say anything. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see. What Monokuma doesn't know is that I've dropped a hint in there. :awesome:

See you on your next update! ^_^

We hope to see you again, @Honor_Hand. You're always welcome to drop by anytime! ^_^

And with that being said, that's it for this Weekly Update. See you next week, everyone! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
"upupu" spelled backwards is still "upupu". Mind = Blown
  • Like 1

Weekly Update #14 (September 24-30):

Hello everyone, and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ With the "plotathon" being over (;-;), let's see what games I played this week...

Overview:

What? Oh man, it looks like I'm out of gameplay GIFs for a couple of those games. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Tumble VR,
  • ChubbyDefensiveDwarfmongoose-small.gif,
  • As well as some of the awesomesauce that is 6608231540e810b6238fab408c8672a3_origina.

Would you like to know more?

DFBTj0a.gif

Progress Update:

• Got the Tumble VR platinum on Monday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • Started Knowledge Is Power on Tuesday and got its platinum on Friday. Thoughts on the game- well, what is there to say? It's a trivia game in which you're asked questions related to general knowledge, pop culture, yadda yadda yadda. Not my kinda thing, but hey, it's an EZPZ Ultra Rare platinum, so I'll take it. Yes, I do play some games solely for the trophies. Speaking of which, this marks my 70th Ultra Rare platinum, so 5 more and I'll reach my goal of 75! :D
  • Started Superhot on Saturday and got most of its trophies done so far. It's a pretty cool game with a misleading concept (well, it's not really misleading since it is in the game, but to a smaller degree than I had anticipated). The trophies I have left are related to the in-game challenges, of which I still have a few more left to do. I should have the platinum early next week.

Plans For Next Week:

• Superhot :platinum:
  • Red Faction :platinum:(for real?)
  • StarBloo- Dammit, Monokuma. Stop adding this game to my weekly plans! I'll go back to it whenever I feel like it! *upupu*
  • I think I'll go back to Max Payne 3 and boost some XP in Arcade Mode during the weekend.

That's it for this Weekly Update. Stay tuned because there's a Monthly Update coming up right after this short commercial break!

Break? Really, Monokuma? To hell with this, let's start now!

Monthly Update #2 (September 2018):

Welcome to the second edition of Monthly Update, where we review what games I started, finished, removed and added from/to my backlog during the month of September!

• Started: Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita) (September 4), Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS4) (September 5), Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4) (September 14), Max Payne 3 (September 15), Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (September 15), Tumble VR (September 22), Knowledge Is Power (September 25), Superhot (September 29)
  • Finished: F1 2011 (Vita) (September 4), Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner (PS4) (September 8), Senran Kagura Estival Versus (Vita) (September 13), Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4) (September 14), Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (September 19), Tumble VR (September 24), Knowledge Is Power (September 28)
  • Removed from backlog: N/A
  • Added to backlog: Code: Realize ~ Bouquet of Rainbows, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash, Tumble VR, and Knowledge Is Power

And that's it for this Monthly Update, everyone. See you next Sunday for another Weekly Update! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
May the despair be with you!
  • Like 1

Hello @cr1s Thanks for inviting me to your previous update. A bit late on my answer but here I am ?

A-Almost? So you don't want me to escape Monokuma's wrath? :o

And meh, it doesn't matter. My ultimate goal is just a passing grade. What passing grade I get is irrelevant because Monokuma would be majorly pissed off regardless. :awesome:

That's a secret :P Wouldn't it be more interesting if you were subjected to Monokuma's wrath and got punished to play, I don't know, a number of crappy-grindy games for the rest of your life the year? :awesome:

Thanks! ^_^ Oooh, nice. Enjoy the madness that is Saints Row IV! This will actually be my third time playing it. :D

Awesome, thanks. I'll be doing that at some point before my 100th Platinum ^_^

That? Oh, it's simple. I can tell you about it right now. It will take place in-

Curious, are we @Honor_Hand? Too bad, because all shall only be revealed in due time. *upupu*

But... But I really wanna tell him! Please?

tumblr_inline_mradnc5Ajq1qz4rgp.png

*gulp* Fine, fine... *sigh* Sorry, @Honor_Hand, but I'd rather not say anything. I'm afraid you'll just have to wait and see. What Monokuma doesn't know is that I've dropped a hint in there. :awesome:

O.O'

I'm too dumb to figure this kind of obvious puzzles. I see you bolded the letters "D", "e" and "r" from the Despair-A-Ton event above. So, I'm going to make a wild guess and assume that it is going to take place in December, maybe? But what it will entail? And, most importantly, will you or someone else die because of it? I really want to know >.<

Congratulations on getting the Platinum on all those games above. Glad to see you are making progress and having fun with your checklist. Well... as much fun Monokuma allows you to have. At least I'm having a lot of fun reading all these updates xD Monokuma sure is keen on adding StarBlood Arena to the games you are planning to play each week. I'm really hoping he adds Battle Fantasia at some point back there... oh, it'd be great hearing Ibuki-san suffering from playing any of those 2 games ho ho ho *ahem* I'm sure he has his reasons for adding it there. Surely, he wants you to fulfill all those goals you have set out for yourself.

Looking forward to hearing more about you soon @cr1s Keep on gaming ^^

• Like 1

Weekly Update #15 (October 1-7):

Hello and welcome-

Yadda, yadda, yadda. Just get on with it, will you? @Honor_Hand is back for another episode! :yay:

Calm your tits, will you, Monokuma? All in due time. You know, like you said a while ago.

Calm my tits, you say? Okay...

Spoiler

207934-header.jpg

Upupu. Do you like my Monokini, @cr1s and @Honor_Hand?

What- what the fuck is this? *covers face* Cannot... unsee... Is he gone? *takes a peek* Phew... Man, that Monokuma. It was just an expression, but of course he had to take it literally. >_>

*sigh*

Where was I? Oh, right. Let's try this again...

Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ From Superhot to Red Faction "and everything in-between", let's see what games were played this week! :D

Overview:

• Gotta love the awesomesauce that is giphy.gif, Ahhh, my tongue! *drinks 999L of water*
  • Geo-Mod Simulator. No, really: 53OR.gif. Okay, there's more to Red Faction than that.

That's it? What about "everything in-between"?

Never mind that. I just felt like saying it. :P

Progress Update:

• Got the Superhot platinum on Tuesday. Thoughts on the awesomesauce and its trophies here:
  • Started Red Faction on Tuesday and-

What's that? You still don't have the platinum? My, oh my. Struggling with the game, are we? I see you have Impossible difficulty left. I'll make sure that difficulty lives up to its name. Isn't that right, @DamagingRob?

tumblr_o24x5dkO141unech7o1_500.gif

Hahahaha... hahaha... haha... haaaaa.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Teaming up with him, I see. Of course you'd do that eventually, Monokuma. Well, no matter. I shall beat you both at your own game! Having played the game 3 times already, I have all the required knowledge to outsmart the both of you as well as all of your minions. Just watch as I evade all of your shenanigans to nab that sweet, shiny platinum trophy. :awesome:

• I also went back to Max Payne 3- Wait, of course I didn't because everything always goes according to plan. xDIt's not like Monokuma is adding these on his own or anything. :ninja:

Plans For Next Week:

• Red Faction :platinum: (for realsies) We'll see about that. *upupu*
  • TBA...

And now, the moment everyone Monokuma has been waiting for... Please welcome our special guest, @Honor_Hand! ^_^

*upupu intensifies*

*explodes*

Ha! Waiting all that time just to explode at the end. xD Anyway...

On 10/4/2018 at 0:15 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Hello @cr1s Thanks for inviting me to your previous update. A bit late on my answer but here I am 1f605.png

Hello once again, @Honor_Hand! It's great to have you back for another episode! ^_^

That's a secret :P Wouldn't it be more interesting if you were subjected to Monokuma's wrath and got punished to play, I don't know, a number of crappy-grindy games for the rest of your life the year? :awesome:

Wait, are you really siding with Monokuma? And here I thought you were kidding. :o Hmm... So if that happens this time then I'd have to play crappy and/or grindy games for only 10 days. Better than having to endure them for 9, 6, or 3 months. :P Even if it were to happen, neither crappy nor grindy games would bother me thanks to my special weapon called MUSIC that, when deployed, will help me get through them and keep my sanity intact. :P But never mind that, the only way that punishment will happen is in your dreams! Scratch that, I'll even make sure it won't happen there! :awesome:

Awesome, thanks. I'll be doing that at some point before my 100th Platinum ^_^

Nice! Speaking of which, what do you have planned for your 100th platinum? :o Or is it another one of your "secrets"? :hmm:

I'm too dumb to figure this kind of obvious puzzles. I see you bolded the letters "D", "e" and "r" from the Despair-A-Ton event above. So, I'm going to make a wild guess and assume that it is going to take place in December, maybe?

Yes! YES! That's it!

Gah! He's back already! Dx

Of course! I didn't want to miss this moment! @Honor_Hand got that part of the "puzzle" right! To celebrate that, I've created a countdown that displays the time left before Despair-A-Ton starts. Oh my, less than 2 months left! I'm sure you're all looking forward to it... especially you, @cr1s. Isn't that right? *upupu*

Indeed! I can't wait! *gulp*

But what it will entail? And, most importantly, will you or someone else die because of it? I really want to know >.<

Hey, if you got the previous part right then you should definitely get this one right too since it's equally "hard". The answer is there somewhere, you just gotta look for it. Don't you let me down now, @Honor_Hand. I'm counting on you to solve this "puzzle" before I unleash my healthy dose of despair on you! *upupu*

Alright, that's enough babbling for you, Monokuma.

Congratulations on getting the Platinum on all those games above. Glad to see you are making progress and having fun with your checklist. Well... as much fun Monokuma allows you to have. At least I'm having a lot of fun reading all these updates xD

Thanks! Meh, Monokuma's rules and lists won't prevent me from playing other games whenever I feel like it. Too bad he's forced to give me a passing grade if I complete at least 12/20 games. :P And thanks, I appreciate that. It's good to know you're having fun reading my weekly updates! I enjoy writing them, that's for sure! ^_^

Monokuma sure is keen on adding StarBlood Arena to the games you are planning to play each week. I'm really hoping he adds Battle Fantasia at some point back there... oh, it'd be great hearing Ibuki-san suffering from playing any of those 2 games ho ho ho *ahem* I'm sure he has his reasons for adding it there. Surely, he wants you to fulfill all those goals you have set out for yourself.

Shh, don't-

Oooh, how come I haven't thought of that? You, @Honor_Hand, are a genius! I'll make sure to keep that in mind!

What have you done? ;w;

And I know damn well what his reasons are: DESPAIR! No, wait. I mean... DESBEAR! Because he sure loves his bear puns.

Hmm... Nah, DESPAIR sounds better since everyone would underestimate its effect if I were to say that other word!

:o Monokuma skipping a bear pun? What has this world come to? In any case, I'm afraid we're out of time for this episode.

Looking forward to hearing more about you soon @cr1s Keep on gaming ^^

Oh, you definitely will. ;) Thanks for stopping by once again! ^_^

I like you, @Honor_Hand. You should stop by more often!

*rolls eyes*

Well, that's it for this Weekly Update. Thanks for tuning in, and see you next week! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
U-pa-pupu Style!
  • Like 4

There are worse candidates I could have for teammates, I suppose. :hmm: Though I just know he's going to stab me in the back, at some point.. 

Ah, yes, the original Red Faction. Lol. I've read some horror stories here about that game. Not looking forward to whenever I get around to it. *gulps* Best of luck?

Weekly Update #16 (October 8-14):

Hello everyone, and thanks for tuning in. It's time for another Weekly Update! ^_^

Ooooh, this was quite an interesting week! Let's see what happened, shall we? *upupu contained*

Overview:

Man, this week was something else:

• First of all, I accept and complete Monokuma's challenge in this game: GeoAnimation2.gif, :awesome:
  • And then, this happens: 48054.gif.

Interesting indeed... *upupu contained again*

Progress Update:

• Got the Red Faction platinum on Wednesday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:

"Impossible", huh, Monokuma? If that was "impossible", then Despair-A-Ton is gonna be a walk in the park. :P

Except that despair doesn't have to do with difficulty! It was all @DamagingRob's fault anyway. If he hadn't been so sloppy this time, you wouldn't have made it. Besides... aren't you forgetting something? *upupu contained yet again... just get there already!*

Sure, Monokuma. Just keep telling yourself that. :P

And... "forgetting something"?

O_O

• Started Drawn to Death (EU/NA) on Wednesday and got its platinum on Monday Sunday.
  • Started Drawn to Death (JP) on Monday Sunday and got its platinum on Monday Sunday.

This game...

image.gif?w=400&c=1

@DamagingRob dragged me into this! I'm pretty sure this is retribution for passing Monokuma's Red Faction challenge! ;w;

Yes! YES! Feel the despair! Savor it! Actually, this isn't even true despair... just a taste of what's to come, aka Despair-A-Ton! I told you despair isn't about difficulty...

I'm pretty sure this is retribution for passing Monokuma's Red Faction challenge! ;w;

It sure is! What better way than to make you play a game that isn't on your Fall 2018 list? I gotta give @DamagingRob credit for not messing this up. :highfive: There's no way you'll get 12 games done by the time Fall 2018 is over now!  *upupu unleashed*

Heh. We'll see about that, Monokuma...

• Added a new milestone: PSN Level 64!
  • Added the following game to my backlog: Brink. A nearby store was selling it for $13, so what the hell.

Yes, more games in the backlog is always a good thing! :awesome:

Plans For Next Week:

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4) :platinum:(if my boosting partner is reliable)
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3) :platinum:
  • StarBlood Arena *upupu*
  • BattleFantasia *upupu*

@Honor_Hand, what have you done? ;-;

That's it for this Weekly Update!

Hold on a second...

*sigh* What now, Monokuma?

On 10/8/2018 at 4:09 AM, DamagingRob said:

Though I just know he's going to stab me in the back, at some point..

Nah, that just wouldn't feel right... so I'll stab you in the front instead!

tumblr_ndfyf1HA9E1snq8dno1_500.gif

Why, you little... Dammit, will you stand still already?

Ha! Did you think you could get rid of the self-proclaimed Shenanigan Master just like that? Believe me, I've tried countless times and got nowhere...

Get rid of him? What are you talking about? Of course not! We were just playing. Right, @DamagingRob?

:facepalm:

Anyway... That's it for this Weekly Update, everyone! See you next Sunday for another episode! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Despair... despair everywhere!
  • Like 3

Reading @cr1s interactions with Monokuma sure brings tears to my eyes. Tears of happiness, of course. I cannot stop laughing as I check each post thoroughly. Pure gold. Been a while since I last posted here, so I thought it'd be nice to continue rooting for @cr1s on his bear-filled checklist ^_^ I'm not entirely sure if it is good for my well-being to interact with this maniacal benevolent bear you have here but, oh well-- What could possibly go wrong? :awesome:

Spoiler

207934-header.jpg

Upupu. Do you like my Monokini, @cr1s and @Honor_Hand?

I don't think I'll ever recover from this ;-; This is something that also needs to be killed with fire... lots of fire :x

Wait, are you really siding with Monokuma? And here I thought you were kidding. :o Hmm... So if that happens this time then I'd have to play crappy and/or grindy games for only 10 days. Better than having to endure them for 9, 6, or 3 months. :P Even if it were to happen, neither crappy nor grindy games would bother me thanks to my special weapon called MUSIC that, when deployed, will help me get through them and keep my sanity intact. :P But never mind that, the only way that punishment will happen is in your dreams! Scratch that, I'll even make sure it won't happen there! :awesome:

We will see how far away that secret weapon of yours can carry you. Who knows what kind of despair having to play crappy, grindy games forever might cause to people? It may eventually break your sanity :awesome: Even so, glad to hear you are totally prepared for the challenges ahead and I value that determination of yours in order to not get punished ;)

Nice! Speaking of which, what do you have planned for your 100th platinum? :o Or is it another one of your "secrets"? :hmm:

No secret there. My 100th Platinum is going to be Gran Turismo 5. Did most of it around 2011-2012 and is pretty much one of my favorite games on the console. Would love to finish what I have pending there to claim it as my 100th milestone :)

Hey, if you got the previous part right then you should definitely get this one right too since it's equally "hard". The answer is there somewhere, you just gotta look for it. Don't you let me down now, @Honor_Hand. I'm counting on you to solve this "puzzle" before I unleash my healthy dose of despair on you! *upupu*

Oh, man... Monokuma is talking directly to me. Just on what I have gotten into now >.<

Sure, sure. I just need more time to figure that part out. Can't pressure those good puzzles, you know, and I for sure don't want to get caught on any despair here. I'll try my best to solve the puzzle or to help @cr1s out on his challenges, if possible.

Plans For Next Week:

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4) :platinum:(if my boosting partner is reliable)
  • StarBlood Arena *upupu*
  • BattleFantasia *upupu*

@Honor_Hand, what have you done? ;-;

O.O

Monokuma is such an evil bear, poor @cr1s is gonna be suffering horrendously after he finishes with Oddworld. Not only he has BattleFantasia incoming but also, one of his favorites that he has been dragging out for some time now, StarBlood Arena. This next week is going to be rather special. Don't die @cr1s :D I'll be cheering for you from a safe distance :awesome:

Congrats on the many Platinums you have achieved so far. Including the ones you got after having to play those glitchy games you mentioned in your status update recently. Hope you get to have some fun on your next couple of games even if they are ridiculously hard and annoying ? See you in your next update :D

Edited by Honor_Hand
6 weeks for the Despair-A-Ton event... What I am going to do? I cannot figure that puzzle out for the life of me >.<
  • Like 1

Weekly Update #17 (October 15-21):

Hello-

To hell with your update! @Honor_Hand is here! :yay:

What-

No buts! We're doing this section first whenever applicable from now on!

Fine by me! Everyone, please welcome our special guest for tonight, @Honor_Hand! ^_^No buts? Okay then... tits! :awesome:

On 10/19/2018 at 7:49 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Reading @cr1s interactions with Monokuma sure brings tears to my eyes. Tears of happiness, of course. I cannot stop laughing as I check each post thoroughly. Pure gold. Been a while since I last posted here, so I thought it'd be nice to continue rooting for @cr1s on his bear-filled checklist ^_^ I'm not entirely sure if it is good for my well-being to interact with this maniacal benevolent bear you have here but, oh well-- What could possibly go wrong? :awesome:

Thanks again for the kind words! ^_^ Nah, don't worry about that. Monokuma is all roar and no bite. :awesome:

What are you talking about? I don't even roar or bite!

:o Never mind that part then. My point is that you'd never harm our esteemed guest. Riiiiight?

Me? Of course not! Didn't I say I like him the other day? I mean it! He'd make for such a good test subject...

Hey, I heard that. Explain yourself, now!

Oh, it's nothing. I just think that @Honor_Hand has so much potential to withstand a healthy dose of despair bear puns. *upupu*

*sigh* Whatever. Moving on...

I don't think I'll ever recover from this ;-; This is something that also needs to be killed with fire... lots of fire :x

Aww, both of you didn't like that Monokini. Hmm, how about this one?

tenor.gif?itemid=7689834

Relax, I'm just kidding! :P I don't wanna scar you like that anymore. I need you in a stable condition for the upcoming Despair-A-Ton, after all! *upupu*

We will see how far away that secret weapon of yours can carry you. Who knows what kind of despair having to play crappy, grindy games forever might cause to people? It may eventually break your sanity :awesome: Even so, glad to hear you are totally prepared for the challenges ahead and I value that determination of yours in order to not get punished ;)

I guess time will tell. :awesome: Thanks! I pretty much have to. I must not submit to despair, whatever the cost!

No secret there. My 100th Platinum is going to be Gran Turismo 5. Did most of it around 2011-2012 and is pretty much one of my favorite games on the console. Would love to finish what I have pending there to claim it as my 100th milestone :)

I've read how difficult Gran Turismo 5 can be, so I definitely think it'd be an awesome milestone to have. Good luck with that! ^_^

Oh, man... Monokuma is talking directly to me. Just on what I have gotten into now >.<

It looks like you'll have to... bear with me now. :awesome:

Sure, sure. I just need more time to figure that part out. Can't pressure those good puzzles, you know, and I for sure don't want to get caught on any despair here. I'll try my best to solve the puzzle or to help @cr1s out on his challenges, if possible.

@Honor_Hand, do you really NOT know the answer? Or are you trying to mess with me? :hmm:

O.O

Monokuma is such an evil bear, poor @cr1s is gonna be suffering horrendously after he finishes with Oddworld. Not only he has BattleFantasia incoming but also, one of his favorites that he has been dragging out for some time now, StarBlood Arena. This next week is going to be rather special. Don't die @cr1s :D I'll be cheering for you from a safe distance :awesome:

Meh, even Monokuma isn't gonna faze me. :P I know he's doing this just to tease me. Once again, the main objective right now is to complete 12 out of the 20 listed games by December 20. *checks progress* 5 games done until now, with an estimated two to be completed by the end of this month. So far, so good! In any case, I will go back to these games eventually. Mark my words, Monokuma...

Done. We'll see about that. *upupu*

Congrats on the many Platinums you have achieved so far. Including the ones you got after having to play those glitchy games you mentioned in your status update recently. Hope you get to have some fun on your next couple of games even if they are ridiculously hard and annoying ? See you in your next update :D

Thanks! ^_^ Well, my "next couple of games" are Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD on PS3 and Vita. Am I having fun with those games, or are they yet another batch of ridiculous games?  :o Find out right after this short commercial break. Before that, though, I'd like to thank @Honor_Hand for being a recurrent guest and stopping by for yet another episode! ^_^

Goodbye, @Honor_Hand! See you soon! ^_^ And, wait a minute... Commercial break? You yelled at me the other day for wanting to including one, and now you're the one who wants to do so? That's not fair! ;w;

Relax, I'm just kidding! :P Ha! I got you good with that one. :awesome:

tumblr_mtr3feezgP1rx429ko1_500.gif

Ahem... Withoutfurtheradoit'snowtimefortheactualupdate! Phew...

Overview:

Alright, now that Monokuma has finally calmed down, we can get back into the show... This week featured:

• A whole lot of this:
    Spoiler

8NgH.gif

Wait... WRONG GIF, WRONG GIF! Ah, here's the right one: ShortDarlingHerring-size_restricted.gif

Did you really have to do that, Monokuma? >_>

Upupu. That's what you get for trying to mess with me. :awesome:

• As well as a taste of the "refreshingly twisted" drink that is 73.jpg. Another game that doesn't have gameplay GIFs, apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Progress Update:

• Started Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4) on Monday and got its platinum on Friday. Thoughts on the game- No... Just, no. NEXT!
  • Started Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3) on Saturday. I'm two thirds of the way through the story (Angelic Quarma playthrough) and I must say... Despite its technical hurdles, I'm actually enjoying it! It plays and feels like a 3D version of Abe's Oddysee. The humor, the fun gameplay, the goofy character design, and the funny sound effects are still there. It's yet another traditional Oddworld game, that's for sure! :D

Plans For Next Week:

• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) :platinum:
  • StarBlood Arena
  • BattleFantasia
  • Max Payne 3

As you may have deduced, the pink entries were added by Monokuma just to tease me. But as I said, I will go back to them eventually... I see he added Max Payne 3 as well...

Do you want me to mark your words again?

Monokuma, always taking expressions literally... :facepalm:

Welp, that's it for this Weekly Update, everyone! Stay tuned for another episode next Sunday! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
"Are we even using the "Reason for edit" textbox to communicate with each other now? Well, that doesn't matter. Honor_Hand, don't you disappoint me!" - Monokuma
  • Like 2

Weekly Update #18 (October 22-28):

Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ Despair-A-Ton is fast approaching, with just a little over a month to go! In the meantime, @cr1s is trying to complete as many games as he can before then, while Monokuma tries as much as possible to distract him from the task at hand.

What makes you think it was me? :o

Oh, come on. This has "Monokuma" written all over it!

Where? I don't see "Monokuma" written anywhere. :hmm:

:facepalm: Moving on...

Overview:

Alright, let's see what kinds of shenanigans happened this week...

• More "refreshingly twisted" drinks. I think I'm starting to get addicted to those now...
  • What's that? Here comes a new challenger! :oBelatedGlassHogget-max-1mb.gif

Ooooh... I wonder what that "new challenger" is about. *upupu*

Progress Update:

• Got the Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3) platinum on Wednesday. Thoughts on the game and its platinum... well, I still haven't gathered my thoughts on this game. :( I'll post my thoughts sometime next week for sure. But if you've seen my previous Weekly Update then you already know I loved this game.
  • Started Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) on Wednesday. Let's see... I finished my Angelic Quarma (Good Ending) playthrough, but the infamous "I Regrow Nothing" trophy glitch happened to me. I know it's not a screw-up as, like in the PS3 version, I was extremely careful and always double and even triple-checked that no SpooceShrub was regrown outside of Raisin's Cave, but the trophy still didn't pop. I need to do a Black Quarma (Bad Ending) playthrough anyway, so hopefully it'll pop at the end of that. If it doesn't, well... the only apparent way to get it to unlock is to do all of the following... in a single playthrough...

gQc2wpr.png

YES! Now that's what I like to hear! *upupu* Not that I had anything to do with this. :ninja:

• It doesn't matter. I'll get that trophy eventually! And no, Monokuma, I don't need you to mark my words anymore, okay?

Aww... Oh, well. As you wish! *marks words anyway*

• Started The King of Fighters XIII on Saturday. Wait a minute... this game's not on my Fall 2018 list! :o First @DamagingRob and now @Honor_Hand... it feels like everyone's out to get me. ;-;

Yes, YES! Feel the-

• However, I'm still very much on track when it comes to completing 12/20 games by December 20. I've finished 6 games already with a potential 7th on the way, and I have quite a few games planned for November. Not to mention your little event in December. So don't you get too complacent now, Monokuma! :awesome:

Man, you're such a party pooper! -_-

• Me? Nah, you'd better leave that title for someone else. :giggle: But yeah, @Honor_Hand and I are done with most of the online trophies. We should hopefully get the rest of them done next week. ^_^

Anyway, let's move-

Ooooh, it looks like we have a new guest! :yay:

A new guest? What are you talking about? And why wasn't this done at the beginning, like you always wanted?

Well, I've only just noticed it. ;w; Anyway...

On 10/22/2018 at 3:17 AM, Rantaro said:

I can't wait until you do Despair Month :D 

1451882173413.jpg

Finally someone who's looking forward to it as much as I am! :yay:I like you already, @Rantaro. ^_^ Although... "Despair Month"? What makes you think the Despair is only gonna last a month? *upupu*

Whoa, whoa, whoa. What the hell? You said-

I might as well reveal it now: the so-called "Despair-A-Ton" event is merely a prelude to something much bigger! Oh man, 2019 is gonna be an excellent year for Despair!

tumblr_ovdlm5ZCw61tr842yo1_500.gif

O_O Prelude? Year? Wow... Talk about a plot twist! :o Well.. what about Despair-A-Ton then? Just what is it exactly? And what kinds of shenanigans will 2019 feature? :o

Now, now. I'm sure @Honor_Hand will be glad to tell you all about it... once he figures out what it entails, that is. Or maybe he should just keep it to himself. *upupu* As for your last question... it goes without saying, but all shall be revealed in due time! Man, you humans ask way too many questions sometimes. Just sit back and enjoy the show like I do! :awesome: 

I'm sure he wouldn't do that... Right, @Honor_Hand? :o In any case, I think we should move on before I start losing my mind. *smiles nervously*

Plans For Next Week:

• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) :platinum:(if the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy doesn't glitch again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...)
  • Either Red Faction II to maintain this small UR platinum streak I've been having... or I might break it (it wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway) and just platinum either Saints Row IV (PS4) or Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4) instead. :dunno:
  • StarBlood Arena
  • BattleFantasia
  • Max Payne 3

Man, what an episode! Thank you all for tuning in, and I'll see you next week for our third Monthly Update, along with our usual Weekly Update! ^_^I think I'm gonna have nightmares tonight...

Edited by cr1s
"Feel the Despair! Savor it! Ha, did you think you could stop me from saying that, cr1s? You must've forgotten about this little textbox. ;D" - Monokuma
  • Like 3

Weekly Update #19 (October 29 - November 4):

Hello, and thank you for tuning in to our weekly show. It's time-

for some honey!

b166e41b6f8ab511aa813b9cb55c2226c8be4f43

What? Okay, let me get this straight... You don't roar or bite, but you love honey. And if my memory serves me right, you were also eating pancakes the other day. What kind of bear are you???

But... But I can't help it, honey and pancakes are so damn tasty! ;w; And I'm a... desbear! :awesome:

For once, I agree with you when you mention how tasty honey and pancakes are. And... "desbear"? So you wouldn't use that word for Despair, but you'd use it to describe yourself? :facepalm:

Hey now, this honey is all mine, you hear me? Don't you try anything "funny"! And yes, I think "desbear" suits me much better than it does Despair. *upupu*

Who said I- *sigh* Monokuma being Monokuma. Let's just carry on with our show.

Overview:

Well, well, well... what do we have here?

• Well, there's my weekly dose of the "refreshingly twisted" drink, for one. I swear I'm not addicted to it! It's... My doctor prescribed it to me as a way to combat Despair... Yeah, that's right! *looks around nervously*,
  • Oh shit, here comes Paul! 2MI9.gif,
  • And more of this game: AccurateShinyAmazonparrot-max-1mb.gif.

Progress Update:

• Another failed attempt at the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy in Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) as the trophy glitched on me again. *upupu* But you know what they say: "Third time's the charm", so hopefully the next attempt will be the one that does the trick.

You humans and your nonsensical expressions. Do you really believe in those?

Well, we'll see what happens. And where there's Despair, there's also Hope... how else could we tackle your wrath, Monokuma?

Did you just say... Hope?

4275398_200x130.png

There's nothing more amusing than your futile attempts at putting an end to Despair. *upupu*

I could say the same when it comes to you and Hope. ;) Enough of this nonsensical talk, though.

• Started Saints Row IV (AU PS4) on Saturday. It's my third time playing through Saints Row IV and man, this game never gets old. As is almost always the case when I play open-world games, I'm doing as much side stuff (exploring, doing the side quests, getting the collectibles, etc.) as I can before progressing through the main story.
  • Went back to The King of Fighters XIII and got the remaining online trophies done. At least I don't have to worry about that part anymore. Thanks for going through it with me, @Honor_Hand! ^_^ I gotta admit, it was more fun this way. :awesome:

Plans For Next Week:

• Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) :platinum: (if the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy doesn't glitch again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...)
  • Saints Row IV (AU PS4) :platinum:
  • Start Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4) around the weekend.
  • StarBlood Arena
  • BattleFantasia
  • Max Payne 3
  • The King of Fighters XIII (thanks for that, @Honor_Hand!) *upupu*

A fourth game... Monokuma, it's not funny, okay? ;-;

Speak for yourself. In fact, I think it's so funny that I can't stop laughing!

Spoiler

My poor ears... @Honor_Hand, YOU MONSTER! ;_;

Welp, that's it for our Weekly Update! Stay tuned for our third Monthly Update, coming right up!

Monthly Update #3 (October 2018):

Welcome to the third edition of Monthly Update, where we review what games I started, finished, removed and added from/to my backlog during the month of October!

• Started: Red Faction (October 3), Drawn to Death (October 11), Drawn to Death (JP) (October 15), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4) (October 15), Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3) (October 20), Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) (October 24), The King of Fighters XIII (October 27)
  • Finished: Superhot (October 2), Red Faction (October 10), Drawn to Death (October 14), Drawn to Death (JP) (October 15), Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4) (October 19), Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3) (October 24)
  • Removed from backlog: N/A
  • Added to backlog: Brink

That's it for this week, folks! I'll see you next Sunday for another Weekly Update! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Less than a month left for Despair-A-Ton! *upupu*
  • Like 2

Weekly Update #20 (November 5-11):

Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ This was quite an eventful week, so let's get down to it!

How about no?

Why are you saying that, Monokuma? Anything you don't want our viewers to find out? :awesome:

Overview:

• I spent a lot of time playing Wild Licking Simulator surprising people with Penetrator attacks, like this: TartLightheartedEastrussiancoursinghound
  • I didn't wanna spend my entire week doing that, though, so I switched it up and... What's that? Vending machines are out of "refreshingly twisted" drinks? Is my journey through Oddworld over? :o
  • That made me sad, so I felt like having a pork bun to cheer myself up: GaseousImmenseAsianelephant-size_restric

Progress Update:

Do we really have to go through this? ;w;

Yes, we do! *upupu*

• Went back to Saints Row IV (AU PS4) and got its platinum and 100% on Thursday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:
  • And now, for my favorite part of the week: Monokuma is dealt a huge blow as my third attempt at the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy is successful! He probably took this part literally and thought it'd take me that many times (and even more) to get that trophy :P:
On 11/5/2018 at 1:51 AM, cr1s said:

(if the "I Regrow Nothing" trophy doesn't glitch again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...)

Whatever. I'll make sure to redeem myself during the upcoming Despair-A-Ton. Just you wait... Speaking of which, less than 3 weeks to go. I sure hope you're getting ready for this. *upupu*

Of course I am! What better way to get ready for it than not getting ready at all?

Upu- What? What do you mean, "not getting ready at all?"

Because I'm confident I'll emerge from it unscathed.

tenor.gif?itemid=6152940

Oh, I'm sure your overconfidence will be your downfall and can't wait to see that happen!

• Anyway, where was I? Yeah, I gotta say that I was surely lucky. Someone on PST.org apparently had to play the game a dozen times before that trophy finally unlocked for them... But yeah, I went back to Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita) and finally got its platinum on Saturday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies coming soon. With that one done, the Oddworld series is now fully completed! :dance: Until Soulstorm comes out next year(?), that is.
  • Started Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4) on Sunday. It's my third time playing it and it's definitely still as fun as I remember it. I wouldn't have done some of these stacks if the games themselves weren't fun. It's not always just about the trophies, you know? :ninja:
  • Added Red Faction II to my backlog. Do I play it this month, or do I leave it for next year? Decisions, decisions... :hmm: I definitely aim to fully complete the Red Faction series next year anyway (only II and Guerrilla PS4 left now).
  • Also added Destroy All Humans! 2 and Darksiders (PS4) to my backlog. Guess how I got all these? That's right, this. :P I obviously got all of the games in that bundle, but am only interested in these 3 games.

Plans For Next Week:

• Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4) :platinum:
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER) :platinum:
  • StarBlood Arena
  • BattleFantasia
  • Max Payne 3
  • The King of Fighters XIII

One day, Monokuma...

That's it for this Weekly Update, everyone! See you again next Sunday! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
Less than- oh wait, I already said that. ;-;
  • Like 1

Weekly Update #21 (November 12-18):

Upupu Productions* proudly presents:

An event by Monokuma

Featuring:

- @cr1s

- Monokuma

- And a bunch of other characters but who cares about them, amirite?

DESPAIR-A-TON #1-

Wait, is it time yet? :o

Aww, I was getting to the good part! But no, it's not time yet. I was just rehearsing for next month's show. Speaking of which... less than 2 weeks left! :awesome:

Oh... Can't you do that later? It's time for the Weekly Update! >_>

Fine, fine... *yawn* Wake me up when it's December, will you?

I-

963aa0da2270774f0671180d5e80eaab.jpg

*sigh* Well, at least he won't bother me now. Anyway... Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ We're getting ever closer to that-event-that-shall-not-be-named-lest-Monokuma-wakes-up, and the excitement and anticipation are building up! In the meantime, @cr1s is working on the Fall 2018 list, trying to complete as many games as he can before the aforementioned event begins. It looks like he's still very much on track to complete 12 games by December 20! Let's see what happened this past week...

Overview:

• Man, those pork buns are sooooo good! I feel like I can do anything after eating one of these! Like this: sleeping-dogs-action-hijack.jpg, and that: a1ljsh.gif, and even that:

• In fact, this pork bun is so good that it also lets me kill Nazis without breaking a sweat, just like this: giphy.gif. 10/10, would eat again.

Progress Update:

• Got the Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4) :platinum: on Thursday and its 100% on Saturday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies coming soon...
  • Gestarted Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER) am Samstag... Oh wait, wrong language. :P But yeah, the German version of TNO is my last remaining stack for that game. Needless to say, I'm definitely skipping all of the cutscenes. xD I've played the game twice before anyway, so I already know what the story is about. But yeah, I've finished the story on Uber difficulty and was just cleaning up some perks. The remaining ones don't take a lot of time to clean up, so I should hopefully get the platinum tomorrow.
  • Added the following games to my backlog: Code: Realize - Future Blessings, Hakuoki: Edo Blossoms (EU), and Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly. More information on that here:

Plans For Next Week:

• Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER) :platinum:
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER) :platinum:
  • Do I start Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (Vita)... or do I finally play Mass Effect: Andromeda? Decisions, decisions... :hmm:

I'll just take advantage of the fact that Monokuma is asleep to remove those games he keeps adding every week. :ninja:

Ahem... That's it for this week, everyone! See you next Sunday! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Like 2

Oh man, Despair-A-Ton is almost above us and I have YET to figure out what it will entail >.< Truth be told, I have no idea what it will mean for @cr1s or for me >.> One thing may be certain though, with a title like that it must include lots of pain and suffering. If anything, my guess goes to Monokuma forcing @cr1s to play all those pink colored games he keeps adding to his backlog. I mean, @cr1s has been avoiding them like the plague all throughout the year, so a fitting event to clear them all out could be on such an event. And it would be such a fitting conclusion for the year too. We will know for sure in the next few days.

That's my guess... If not, well, at least is hilarious watching how Monokuma keeps adding those games there. Especially because the list appears to be getting longer and longer with each passing month :awesome:

Congrats on the many Platinums you have achieved lately @cr1s Sorry for not being able to stop by around here before. My new work doesn't allow me as much free time at all and I have been kind of not motivated enough to write as much as I would like to in the forums. Case in point, I haven't updated my journal in the last 2 months. Hope things improve for me from now on :)

Sleeping Dogs... Have it on PS3 and man, did it look like it was one generic GTA clone (judging from afar, don't kill me :D). That excitement of yours with the pork buns is really motivating me to play it. I may do so after I get my 100th Platinum. Would you say it is better or more enjoyable than, say, the Saints Row series? Or is the comparison completely out of place?

Those Wolfenstein games are totally kick ass, those and doom are probably one of the first games I should get whenever I get a PS4. Love old-school FPS games like those.

I see you went and opted to play Mass Effect Andromeda during your long weekend... May the force be with you on that one xD Tells us your impression on the game once you are done with it ;) 

• Like 1

Weekly Update #22 (November 19-25):

Yay, Monokuma is still asleep! I can do this entire Weekly Update in pea-

tenor.gif?itemid=11347736

Ooooh, I see our special guest is back! :yay:

Aww, and here I thought I could have an entire Weekly Update to myself! ;w; Maybe one day. A man can dream... Anyway, let's welcome @Honor_Hand once again! :yay:

On 11/22/2018 at 4:57 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Oh man, Despair-A-Ton is almost above us and I have YET to figure out what it will entail >.< Truth be told, I have no idea what it will mean for @cr1s or for me >.> One thing may be certain though, with a title like that it must include lots of pain and suffering. If anything, my guess goes to Monokuma forcing @cr1s to play all those pink colored games he keeps adding to his backlog. I mean, @cr1s has been avoiding them like the plague all throughout the year, so a fitting event to clear them all out could be on such an event. And it would be such a fitting conclusion for the year too. We will know for sure in the next few days.

Pain and suffering? CHECK. Pink-colored games? DOUBLE CHECK. A fitting conclusion for the year? TRIPLE CHECK... Except that you're still wrong! *upupu* Do not fret, for a special announcement will be made on Friday by yours truly,  @Monokuma! Despair-A-Ton #1 will be formally announced right then and there, and all shall finally be revealed! And by there, I mean here, obviously. Where else would I announce such a highly anticipated event? :dance:

Man, the anticipation is kill- Wait a minute... You have your own profile here? O___O Oh shit, this is bad news. You can directly spread Despair now! D: Just when and how did this happen?

Have you been living under a rock? I've been here for a month, just look at my join date! Speaking of which, I'm glad no one else took my name! It would've been disastrous (for you, obviously) to have a fake Monokuma spreading all kinds of rumors and lies here! *upupu*

Right, because you've never spread any rumor or lie. xD Wow, you sure slipped under my radar, you sneaky bastard!

That's my guess... If not, well, at least is hilarious watching how Monokuma keeps adding those games there. Especially because the list appears to be getting longer and longer with each passing month :awesome:

True. And if you have any more suggestions, feel free to let me know! :awesome:

Congrats on the many Platinums you have achieved lately @cr1s Sorry for not being able to stop by around here before. My new work doesn't allow me as much free time at all and I have been kind of not motivated enough to write as much as I would like to in the forums. Case in point, I haven't updated my journal in the last 2 months. Hope things improve for me from now on :)

Thanks! ^_^ And hey, don't worry about it! The Despair will draw you back here eventually. :awesome: I hope things will improve for you as well! <3

Now that... is definitely something I can agree with. *upupu*

Sleeping Dogs... Have it on PS3 and man, did it look like it was one generic GTA clone (judging from afar, don't kill me :D). That excitement of yours with the pork buns is really motivating me to play it. I may do so after I get my 100th Platinum. Would you say it is better or more enjoyable than, say, the Saints Row series? Or is the comparison completely out of place?

Isn't every open-world game a generic GTA clone? :awesome: All jokes aside, it might seem like it, but that's not the case. Sleeping Dogs has its own flair and charm. I think it stands out in the open-world crowd like a sore thumb and is one worth playing for sure.

Fun Fact: Sleeping Dogs was originally going to be published by Activision as another entry in the True Crime series called True Crime: Hong Kong, but they cancelled it late into development and then Square Enix bought its publishing rights, renamed it to Sleeping Dogs, and refined it before releasing it. I'm glad they did that, because I'm not sure it would've been a great game otherwise.

I personally wouldn't compare them to each other. They're just so different and unique in their own right. Really, I believe every open-world game (or at least most of them) has something that makes it stand out from the rest, i.e. Saints Row with its humor and madness, Sleeping Dogs with its Hong Kong setting and combat, etc. etc.

Those Wolfenstein games are totally kick ass, those and doom are probably one of the first games I should get whenever I get a PS4. Love old-school FPS games like those.

Indeed! Nothing like kicking some Nazi butt. :awesome:Especially those grammar Nazis. They're the wurst. :ninja:

I see you went and opted to play Mass Effect Andromeda during your long weekend... May the force be with you on that one xD Tells us your impression on the game once you are done with it ;) 

I think I'll post some of my first impressions on it now since you've mentioned it. :P

So, Mass Effect: Andromeda... The "odd one out" in the Mass Effect series, according to a lot of people. I went in with lower expectations this time (partially because of that), but you know what? It's been a great experience so far! Here's my current progress (no spoilers). As you might have guessed, the game is absolutely packed with content! That's definitely a great thing since games like these don't come often. I've barely scratched the surface and am definitely taking my time with it! The funny thing with that is that whenever I think I'm done with a planet, I go elsewhere only to stumble upon a random NPC who's like "hey, can you go back to the planet you just visited? There's something else that needs to be done there". xD

The graphics and level of detail that went into the world are absolutely amazing! Easily some of the best I've seen on PS4 so far. The scenery and environments are just breathtaking, and sometimes I can't help but stop for a bit and just look at them because they're so beautiful. If only I were playing it on like a 100-inch TV because damn, this game deserves it! :holy: I've visited 3 planets so far: a desert one called Eos, an icy one called Voeld, and a jungle-type one called Havarl, and each one is interesting in its own way. Although Andromeda incorporates most of the existing Mass Effect lore, it seems to distance itself from the Trilogy when it comes to the story, and from what I've played so far, it looks like a game you can pick up and play without having to experience the previous games (although doing the latter is highly recommended if you have the time!), but I can't say for sure until I finish the story.

Combat is more or less the same as previous installments' (even a bit better overall), so no complaints here. I won't really say anything about the story because I'm still early into it, but it's been decent so far, albeit it probably won't end up as intriguing any of the previous installments'. This game has many more humorous moments than usual that it feels more like I'm playing Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC sometimes. xD The conversations are usually entertaining, even if the dialogue is a bit weak at times. Some of my favorite moments are those random conversations and friendly banters on the ship and between the two crewmates you take with you when landing on planets. xD

That said, the game has its fair share of problems, but they haven't hampered my enjoyment of the game too much. For one, it still has a lot of technical problems in both single player and multiplayer after all this time. Things like NPCs teleporting, enemies occasionally moonwalking, some animation glitches. Hell, my character even randomly repeated an exact line of dialogue she had said way earlier in the story! xD But yeah, things like that don't matter too much to me in the grand scheme of things. The below is one of my favorite glitches that have happened so far xD:

The multiplayer in particular is more laggy and glitchy than the single player. A real shame, because it could've been a lot of fun. I still enjoyed it to a certain extent, but it's definitely a step down from Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, which I enjoyed a bit more.

Well, that's what I have to say regarding Mass Effect: Andromeda for now. And now, let's get into the actual update! ^_^

Overview:

• The pork bun effect continued until no Nazis were left! This was how my last kill at the time went down (literally): 47k.gif
  • Well, it doesn't really matter because I found a ticket to Andromeda! Excited, I embark on the journey of a lifetime:mass-effect-andromeda-story-gameplay-pro

Progress Update:

• Got the Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER) platinum on Monday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies coming soon.
  • Started Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER) on Tuesday and got its platinum on Thursday. Thoughts on the game and its trophies coming soon.
  • Started Mass Effect: Andromeda on Thursday. First impressions above in case you've missed them somehow. :P I'm done with the few multiplayer trophies and am slowly progressing through the story. I'll play it until Friday, after which I'll stop due to Despair-A-Ton #1, which starts on Saturday! But I'll definitely go back to it once the latter's done!  :D
  • Added a new milestone: PSN Level 65!

Plans For Next Week:

• Play some more Mass Effect: Andromeda for sure!
  • ??? (TBA)

Well, that's it, folks! Thanks for tuning in to this Weekly Update! See you next time! ^_^

Before we go, I'd like to clarify that there won't be any Weekly Updates during Despair-A-Ton #1. There will be daily updates, though, which is 999 times better! Oh, and before someone calls me "spammer", don't worry! I'll only dedicate a whole post to all of these updates! I wouldn't want to get banned from this lovely forum due to something as trivial as spamming. How else would I directly spread Despair? D:

• Like 2

98fqtp9.png

Thanks to @OhDearGodRun for another lovely banner! <3 Would you just look at all that Despair? :dance: Oh, this definitely tickles my pickles!

Whoa, did I really just say that out loud? :o

The wait is finally over! The time has finally come! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED ALREADY!

tenor.gif?itemid=12558005

Upupu Productions* proudly presents:

An event by @Monokuma

Featuring:

- @Monokuma

- @cr1s

- A couple of special guests (maybe, hopefully... the more, the merrier! Wait a minute, did I just say "hopefully"? It's alright, you'll just pretend you never heard that word coming from me, right?)

- And a bunch of other characters but who cares about them, amirite?

DESPAIR-A-TON #1: DANGANRONPA EDITION!

DECEMBER 1-31, 2018

And there you go, @Honor_Hand and everyone else! I'm sure this comes as a huge shock to you all! :awesome: I know you have some questions about this event, but no worries, for I have anticipated this and prepared what you naughty beings like to call a "FAQ" for you all!

FAQ:

Q: Why "Despair-A-Ton"?

A: Are you kidding me? How the hell is this a "frequently asked question"? Fine, I'll explain... Because it's an event that features Despair... A LOT of DespairCapiche? Next!

Okay, I guess I should explain a bit more. Well, there's not much to it. It's basically a series of themed events, and the "Despair" (theme) is different every time. Oh yes, there are different kinds of Despair out there, and they should all be experienced by my beloved test subject @cr1s! ^_^ This time it's Danganronpa, next time it'll be... Now, now. It's still too early to reveal it. :eyebrow: #Soon

Q: What's a "Danganronpa"?

A: WHAT? I MUST EDUCATE YOU ALL! Danganronpa is the series that stars me, the one and only @Monokuma, as its lovable bear mascot! Developed by the genius minds at Spike Chunsoft, it's a long and exciting battle between Hope and Despair! A truly memorable journey that deserves its own event. Of course Danganronpa had to be the opener! Choosing another theme for the very first Despair-A-Ton would've been quite ironic... But yeah, Danganronpa in a nutshell:

f91db428c73ae453f13b1ea977b14508.gif

Q: When will this event occur?

A: These questions... I've already answered that! Don't tell me you missed it! I'll say it one last time:

DECEMBER 1-31, 2018

Q: What will happen during this event?

A: Stuff... But seriously, I'll get to that in a bit. Man, you're all so damn impatient... @_@

Q: Will there be spoilers?

A: Don't fret. I know how much spoilers (and by that I mean the lack thereof, obviously!) matter to you all, so I'll make sure not to mention any spoilers during my commentary! I wouldn't want to lose my favorite audience because of something like that!

Q: Cats or dogs?

A: Yeah, okay... Question time is over! And now, let's shed some more light on this event! Also, bears.

RULES:

Rules? What rules? It's basically just @cr1s playing the Danganronpa series again, right? ... WRONG! There are 4 rules that @cr1s must follow during this event:

- All of the existing Danganronpa games shall be played back-to-back (and in order, obviously) and platinumed on PS4 during the aforementioned time period (no, I won't say it again...). That means the following games:

• Danganronpa 1/2 Reload (i.e. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair)
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NA version)

- No other games shall be played while the event is still running;

- No breaks shall be taken in-between the games (sleep and work are obviously excluded. I gotta let my test subject "rest", after all. :awesome:);

- None of the dialogue shall be skipped. Just because @cr1s has already played the series before doesn't mean he can speedrun them! Now that would make me one angry bear, and believe me when I say that you wouldn't want to see me angry. Fear the true power of @Monokuma!

monokuma-gif-25.gif

Breaking any of the above rules will result in a severe punishment for @cr1s. It basically involves me yelling "IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!" followed by a gory scene. Oh, yes! It's called "punishment", after all. :dance:

I'd also like to remind everyone that the Danganronpa games are still part of the Fall 2018 list. Much to my dismay, @cr1s is currently at 11 completed games, so merely getting the Danganronpa 1/2 Reload :platinum: would allow him to secure his second victory against me! I'll do my damndest to ensure this won't happen!

And that's pretty much it, unless I missed something else. Will @cr1s manage to platinum all games in the Danganronpa series, or will all that Despair eventually break him? Without further ado... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

OKpJGOQ.gif

PROGRESS:

• L692c2b.png - 45/45 Trophies - 100% :platinum:
  • Lb3e24f.png - 36/36 Trophies - 100% :platinum:
  • L66b0ad.png - 25/41 Trophies - 54%

TIMELINE:

Check back for daily updates!

Spoiler

December 1:

Let's get this show on the road! The Worst, Most Despair Inducing Incident in the History of Mankind has begun! I would've used this title for my event, but it's too damn long! ;w;

@cr1s started Danganronpa 1/2 Reload today, going with Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc first. That would be the obvious choice since, you know, it's the very first game in the series, and my first rule explicitly mentions that the games mustn't be played out of order. I'm sure no one would want this event to be over before it even began, and I'm glad @cr1s realizes the uproar that would ensue if that were to happen!

As far as progress goes, @cr1s went through the Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2, and most of Chapter 3 today, and he's currently at the Class Trial in Chapter 3. He also went for a few miscellaneous trophies that can only be obtained during Class Trials.

All in all, the following trophies were earned today:

Spoiler

ij80Mah.png

@cr1s is expected to finish the main story and fill some more of those Report Cards tomorrow like the good student he is. See you tomorrow for another update!

December 2:

What, the main story is over already? :o Oh, right. This was a weekend, after all! @cr1s had plenty of time to spare for Despair, and that allowed him to finish the story today! That ending, though... "Despairful" would be an understatement for sure. *upupu*

In addition to finishing the main story, @cr1s also started School Mode today! If you're wondering what that is, allow me to satisfy your curiosity. It's the opposite of the main story where the mood/atmosphere is more light-hearted. There isn't much story be had in here, though. You spend your time interacting with the characters from the main game (and strengthening your bond with them), and there's a resource management aspect to it as I, @Monokuma, task my beloved test subject with building some backups for me! You know, just in case I ever go haywire. Don't get any funny ideas, though. I'm one sturdy bastard! *upupu*

Spoiler

dhr2ckq.png

And yes, I'm considering any trophies earned after midnight (up until 3 AM) as if they were earned during the previous day. Hey, it's not my fault @cr1s goes to bed at 2-3 AM every day! That said, there's no way I'll allow such a thing on December 31. Nuh-uh! Don't even think about it, @cr1s! The event will end at midnight sharp on December 31. No exception shall be made!

December 3:

2 School Mode playthroughs down, 1 more to go! All Report Cards were filled and 999 Monocoins were banked today. Wait, does this mean that @cr1s will finish getting all of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc's trophies tomorrow, since he only has 2 of those left? :o It sounds extremely plausible by the looks of it. Hold on, is that the smell of... Hope? An even greater battle lies ahead! *upupu*

Spoiler

FA8zhEc.png

December 4:

Huh, Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc's over? All of its trophies have been obtained already? :| Oooh, what's that? "Goodbye Despair"? Are you sure about that? *upupu* There's no time to waste as @cr1s finishes the first game in the series and starts the second one! The battle between Hope and Despair rages on! :o @cr1s is now halfway through Chapter 1 in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair as another one of my favorite locales becomes infested with Despair. *upupu*

Spoiler

PDYG9T5.png

December 5:

Jabberwock Island! A tropical "paradise", according to some... How about we turn it into a tropical Despair? :awesome: Nothing more satisfying than seeing a bunch of characters given false Hope.  :dance: @cr1s has just finished Chapter 2, and oh boy, what a turn of events! It sucks that I have to adhere to my own rules too. ;w; But hey, "fair play" and all that jazz! Damn you, Monomi...

@cr1s also went for a few miscellaneous trophies that can only be obtained during Class Trials. And yes, these trophies are the same ones that are found in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. When you think about it, most of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair's trophy list is a copy/paste of the first game's. No variety at all, unlike my punishments. *upupu*

Spoiler

67q1oPW.png

December 6:

Is it just me or is it getting hotter in here?

c73.gif

They say it's the A/C, but I'll tell you a little secret: it's actually... Despair. *upupu*

Well now, @cr1s finished Chapter 3 and finally got rid of the required number of pesky white lines. If you don't know what those are, let's just say that they're horrible distractions! Hey, don't look at me! I don't have anything to do with those! :ninja:

Spoiler

guLwsbQ.png

December 7:

Man, that person sure is a wacko. I didn't expect them to change just like that. They think they can manipulate me, but I'm just gonna say one word: DENIED! Despair is for everyone... no exceptions! *upupu*

All in all, the following trophy was earned today:

Spoiler

fYzgwP8.png

December 8:

What an ending! :o So full of... Despair! Oh, but the very best in Despair Entertainment is yet to come! *upupu*

Let's see... @cr1s finished the story in Danganronpa 2: "Goodbye Despair" today and went for various miscellaneous trophies. He also started Island Mode (and also finished everyone's Report Cards there), which is basically a copycat of School Mode that features my little sister. It was supposed to be me instead, but she totally stole my spotlight! ;w;

@cr1s is expected to finish getting the remaining Island Mode trophy tomorrow as well as get the Magical Miracle Girl Monomi trophies... Wait, my little sister has 2 minigames in Danganronpa 2? Hey, that's not fair! ;w; Can @cr1s get the platinum tomorrow? :o

Spoiler

EUuPrP7.png

December 9:

Hmm... So it happened... AGAIN! @cr1s got his 12th platinum of the season, thus securing his second consecutive (and total) victory against the not-so-almighty Monokuma... I should try my best to redeem myself with this event. I didn't name it "Despair-A-Ton" for nothing...

Anyway, as you might have guessed, @cr1s got the Danganronpa 1/2 Reload platinum today! 1 down, 2 to go! In addition to that, he started the next game in the series, Ultra Despair Girls, and finished the Prologue. What kind of Despair will Ultra Despair Girls bring, I wonder? *upupu*

Spoiler

WiNSnwT.png

Ol1cmsN.png

December 10:

The Despair is growing stronger every day! It is my specialty, after all. :awesome: What would the world be without Despair? BORING, that's what! There shouldn't be any reason for it... Just pure, unadultered Despair because why not? *upupu* 

Speaking of Despair, Ultra Despair Girls is now under way! @cr1s has just finished Chapter 2 and got a bunch of random trophies here and there today. In the meantime, I have to sit here and do these updates while my brethren are getting decimated by @cr1s. ;w;

Spoiler

mMNdURh.png

December 11:

@cr1s finally met all Monokuma types today! What, didn't you know? Numerous Monokuma types exit... for Maximum Despair, of course! *upupu* Besides that, @cr1s also finished Chapter 3 and most of Chapter 4 today. Can he finish the story tomorrow? We'll just have to find out!

Spoiler

wC7Xw9b.png

December 12:

Oh my, the story's over! Well that was an interesting ending. I never thought it'd turn out that way. :o BUT... As I previously said: the very best is yet to come! *upupu*

So... What's left, then? Pretty much a little bit of grinding and @cr1s gets his 13th platinum of the season! You know, I think I should just increase that requirement and make it 14/20 games or something. ;w; Oh... No worries, @cr1s! That's merely wishful thinking. I can't make it happen because... REASONS! @_@

Spoiler

m3Tn8xT.png

December 13:

And here it is, the Ultra Despair Girls platinum! @cr1s' 13th platinum of the season! Damn that bastard to hell! Gotta love those platinum names, though. "Despair's Last Reward", "Pragmatism's Last Reward"... I wonder what's next in line. *upupu*

Spoiler

II9edNo.png

December 14:

Upupu... And so begins the very best in Despair Entertainment! Just when you thought you'd seen anything, your beloved @Monokuma makes his entrance and cranks Despair up to 999. Aaaaa-hahahaha!

Oh, and I almost forgot... my cute little cubs are here!

maxresdefault.jpg

Aren't they cute? Their cuteness gives me the urge to lick them. Oh, that sounds like a really good idea right now. Come on now, don't be shy! Come to Papa Kuma!

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Aww, I guess Monokid doesn't like that. Oh well. Where was I again? Oh, right!

@cr1s has finally started Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony! Now don't me wrong, the other games are definitely great and all, but this one easily takes the cake! Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony takes Despair to a whole new level, and I'm sure @cr1s can't wait to go through it again. *upupu*

As for today's progress, @cr1s finished the Prologue and is halfway through Chapter 1. For a warm up, things are already getting interesting! He also grabbed some of the Monokumas that I've hidden throughout the school.

Spoiler

zvKiFIk.png

December 15:

We're about halfway through the event now! @cr1s will need all the free time he can get if he's looking to finish Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony in time. It's gonna be a close one! *upupu*

Today saw the story progress some more, as well as slapping... a lot of slapping... Hey, don't look at me! I swear it wasn't me this time! @cr1s also took care of those pesky white lines yet again. The Despair is growing stronger every day... *upupu*

Spoiler

elIUSiO.png

December 16:

The story is almost at its conclusion! Can it get even more despairful than that? :o Not that I know the answer to that question or anything. Neither does @cr1s... :ninja: Oh, and my cute little cubs are back after a well-deserved "break"! <3

Spoiler

Os5awnJ.png

December 17:

My, oh my... The Despair was so strong in this ending that I might just explode... Wait, did you think I was serious when I mentioned exploding? Nuh-uh, because the Despair is far from over! The main dish is done, now let's move on to the desserts! Oh yes. Not one, but many! Can @cr1s manage to complete all of the minigames in time? 2 weeks left before time's up... *upupu*

Huh? Where did my previous Monokuma plushies go?

Spoiler

Qfdzdho.png

* Not a real company. Or is it? :o

Edited by Monokuma
Upupupdate.
  • Like 2