Despair Checklist: cr1s' Test

cr1s

It was quite an experience meeting @cr1s this year. Truly one of the best users I have had the honor to meet this year and a very likable friend too. Looking forward to many boosting and/or grinding sessions with you :D

Glad to see you are back in full force and ready to keep on rocking ;)

• Like 1

Weekly Update #23 (January 2-6):

Hello and welcome to a brand new Weekly Update! ^_^ It's been quite a while since the last one, but as I've mentioned before, I'm very excited to be back and doing them again! As some of you know, @Monokuma is currently out of commission due to as-yet-unknown reasons. Who knows what exactly is going on? Maybe he's secretly plotting something like the mischievous bear he is, or maybe he's gone haywire. Your guess is as good as mine. :dunno: In the meantime, however, Usami seems to be set on replacing him. Isn't that right, Usami? ... Usami? USAMI?

tumblr_oaskkieJk21uj7jkwo1_500.gif

Will you stop that? You're making me dizzy! I feel like... I'm going to...

Oh, no! I'm sorry about that! You see, I was just practicing for my magic trick! ^_^

Magic trick? What are you on about? And how is doing that practicing for a magic trick? O_O

I knew you would be interested in seeing it! ^_^ Alright, here we go! 3... 2... 1...

No, I never said I-

3a49096cca8bb6dd0a42cf63fcc358e72cc3e8db

What- *rubs eyes* What sorcery is this? Where are we?

It's not sorcery, it's magic! ^_^ And I've taken all of us to Jabberwock Island!

Well, sorcery is a form of- Wait, Jabberwock Island? Where in the world is that? :o I've never heard of such a place before. :hmm:

Now, now! You don't need to worry about that! All of your troubles are now over! Enjoy the rest of your lives on this beautiful island! ^_^ And before you think about it, there's absolutely no way to escape, so don't even bother trying to do so! :dance:

Wow, okay... That's a lot of information to process at once... But all of that can wait! I have a Weekly Update to do, so let's get on with it!

Jabberwock Island... The rest of my life... No way to escape... *unintelligible mumbling* ... Maybe I should explore this island later on.

Overview:

This week marked my comeback to trophy hunting after a small hiatus! I continued from where I left off, and let's see... I didn't successfully complete Despair-A-Ton #1 after all. Oh, well. @Monokuma won for once... and he's not even here to bask in all that glory! xD That said, there was also something else @Monokuma made me do. If he thought Despair-A-Ton #1 would make me forget about that, he's simply WRONG! :awesome: Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... the results of @Monokuma's second Seasonal Challenge!

Spoiler

Fall 2018:

- Games:

• Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Trilogy Pack (Vita)
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (PS4)
  • Danganronpa 1/2 Reload
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (EU/NA PS4)
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NA)
  • Knowledge Is Power
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (PS3)
  • Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee HD (Vita)
  • Persona 4 Golden (EU)
  • Red Faction
  • Red Faction II
  • Robinson: The Journey (EU)
  • Saints Row IV (AU PS4)
  • Sleeping Dogs (NA PS4)
  • Superhot
  • Tumble VR
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order (GER)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER)
  • Yakuza 5

- Milestones:

• Level 64: Drawn to Death (EU/NA) - "Like those guys from the band on Mark's punk rock bootlegs. They have NO fear! I need to be like them!" - 14/10/2018

• Level 65: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (GER) - "Freedom" - 20/11/2018

- Final Results:

• Completed Games: 13/20
  • Final Score: 65%
  • Final Grade: D
  • Final Verdict: Pass

What do we have here? My second consecutive victory in the Seasonal Challenge series! :awesome: I'm sure that doesn't have to do with @Monokuma's absence, though, since Despair-A-Ton #1 was far more important to him. Eh, who cares? I should just enjoy these peaceful moments while they last. NO MORE CHALLENGES! I can just play whatever I want, whenever I want, and... well, I would've also said "wherever I want", but it seems like I'm currently stuck on this island. >_> It's still better than being stuck with him. *shudders*

And now, let's check out what happened this week!

• While he's not showing himself here, I did see him there... Him and his "cute little cubs"! fc5.pngWait, what is this I don't even-
  • However, the Despair thankfully came to an end, and I returned to Andromeda to continue my long journey there. giphy.gifOr not...

Progress Update:

• My second Danganronpa marathon came to an end after I got the platinum in Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (NA) on Saturday! Thoughts on the game and its trophies here:

Plans For Next Week:

• Mass Effect: Andromeda :platinum:
  • Go back to StarBlood Arena once and for all! Or will I? :ninja:

That's it for this Weekly Update! If you'll excuse me, I'm going to explore this island because I'm sure there's a way to escape somewhere... See you next Sunday, everyone! ^_^

Edited by cr1s
LOVE! LOVE!
  • Like 1

Weekly Update #24 (January 7-13):

Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ The search for an escape route hasn't returned anything yet, as the first island was entirely combed and found to be devoid of any means of escape. Yes, "first island", because there are more islands in here. That said, they seem to be currently inaccessible. I wonder why...  :hmm:

All in due time! You know what they say: "patience is a virtue"! ^_^

Whoa! Don't tell me you pop up out of the blue like @Monokuma? Does it run in the family or something?

"Family"? What are you talking about? Don't link me to that monster! ;w;

Anyway, it seems like this island isn't dangerous, so at least there's that. Many locations were also found, including a farm. That farm was weird in that there were no cows inside. :o But Usami swooped in and saved the day because-

danganronpa-2-usami-e1410125075883.jpg

Yeah, about that... What kind of analogy was that? That's even weirder than a farm with no cows! xD

A-wa-wa! I was just trying to lighten the mood! ;w;

:| Moving on... Several questions remain: Where exactly are we? Why were we brought here? Why can't we leave? However, the answers to these questions remain shrouded in mystery. I know, I know... All shall be revealed in due time! Where exactly have I heard that before, I wonder? :hmm:*cough* @Monokuma *cough*

Eeek! Are you sick? Unacceptable! You should be treated immediately!

:facepalm: Usami, I'm fine! You don't need to worry about me!

I just don't want anything to happen to you! ;w;

Seriously, I'm fine. I was just faking it... Never mind that, you wouldn't understand anyway. xD But yeah, that's pretty much what happened during the past week on Jabberwock Island! Or is it Islands? Set of Islands? Islandception? Ahhh, who cares? Let's just move on already!

Overview:

• That was quite an eventful week, as my favorite video game series of all time is completed once again! d56.gif
  • But why should the excitement stop here? Remembering that I bought a VR 6 months ago, I take advantage of the fact that @Monokuma isn't here to go back to one of his games! Oh, how I would've loved to see the look on his face. xD It would've probably been something like this: 127-1275445_439kib-danganronpa-v3-monokuma-sprites.png
  • Oh, wait... That's not even the only Monokuma Game I went back to! :o

Progress Update:

• My journey through Mass Effect: Andromeda comes to an end as I got its platinum on Friday! Thoughts on the game and its trophies:

• I'll also share the following advice: Watch out for Gravity Wells. They may leave (un)desirable side effects after use. Don't believe me? I have some visual proof for you. :awesome:

That was a severe frame rate drop, in case that wasn't obvious. :P

• Speaking of Andromeda - Completed the following series: Mass Effect!
  • Still speaking of Andromeda - Added a new milestone: 17,000th Trophy - Mass Effect: Andromeda :platinum:! All in all, I enjoyed it and am glad it ended up being a milestone. ^_^
  • Went back to The King of Fighters XIII on Tuesday and BattleFantasia on Wednesday and got a few more trophies from those games.
  • Went back to StarBlood Arena on Saturday. Hey @Monokuma, watch as I go back to each and every one of your games. :giggle: I got a good chunk of the trophies already. Many of the trophies are fairly quick to get, but some (like playing 25 ranked matches with each character) will take some time. In any case, I'll keep going back to these games for sure. ;)
  • Added the following games to my backlog: Muv-Luv, Muv-Luv Alternative, Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, Psychedelica of the Ashen Hawk, and Muramasa Rebirth: Complete Collection. If that isn't enough of an incentive to focus on my Vita backlog, I don't know what is. xD

Plans For Next Week:

• Play some more StarBlood Arena
  • Go back to Max Payne 3 and start working on the single player
  • Play a Vita game, most likely one of the VNs I've recently gotten. ;)

That's it for this Weekly Update! Thanks for tuning in, and I'll see you next week! ^_^ Now that it's over, it's time to explore the second island and see what it has in store! :o

Edited by cr1s
I love moo-cows! <3
  • Like 4

Who would have thought fan discs were such a thing ;-; I honestly thought they were fan-made games :o Or maybe games that are filled to the brim with fanservice :awesome: Seeing @cr1s already went through pretty much the whole Senran Kagura franchise, it wouldn't be unlike of him to look for more, right? :D But seriously though, thanks for the explanation. Now I know what fan discs really are. :)

Great progress here, my friend. And you have been doing a lot on StarBlood Arena too. Maybe that's why @Monokuma hasn't shown his grizzly mug around here anymore. xDIf he reads this, I'm pretty sure he will know how much I respect him and how I helped him last year to fill your backlog with seemingly impossible games (Don't fill me with despair, please ;-;)

Good luck this coming week with Max Payne 3. Will be cheering from you on the sides for when you attempt NYMH :3

As always, I love reading your updates. Always full of creativity and very humorous as well. Keep them coming ;)

• Like 1

Weekly Update #26 (January 21-27):

Hello and welcome to another Weekly Update! ^_^ The search for Monokuma an escape route continues! Man, this Jabberwock Island is filled to the brim with all kinds of places! :o There are some buildings that I didn't expect to see here... Particularly noteworthy on the third island was a movie theater. Seriously, who would've expected to find a movie theater here? :o I bet I'll find an amusement park on the next island. That would be so cool! :D

*shakes head*

Ahem... Let's not digress. We all know that getting out of here is of the utmost importance. As fun as living here may be, there's really no place like home. <3 Besides, I'm still convinced that Monokuma is hiding somewhere on Jabberwock... :hmm:

Why won't you believe me? :( I can assure you he's not! And you're still thinking of escaping, I see... You should purge all these negative thoughts from your mind!

Not until I explore of all the islands first... Let's say that there's no way to escape and I'm stuck here. What good would my stay be if I don't know what's on the remaining islands? ;)

A-wa-wa! I've been had! :( I guess you're right... But I guarantee that all of your worries will have been for nothing! ^_^

We'll see about that... Back to the movie theater. What do you know, there's even a movie being aired! :o Maybe there's a clue somewhere in it... Let's see what it's about.

:|

EEEK! How is this still here? I thought I'd gotten rid of it! ;w;

What... what in the world... I don't even-

*bursts into laughter*

What's so funny about it? Violence is nothing to laugh about. :(

This, right here, is entertainment at its finest! And that Monomi looks an awful lot like you, Usami! Oh, how I would've loved to see what that "lot of other stuff" that happened was! xD

Are you out of your mind? I'd never hang myself! Just the thought of it makes me wanna puke! Also, my heart and courage are here and intact!

I gotta admit, one thing about that movie makes me sad... There isn't any clue on how to escape this place. :(

:facepalm: Unbelievable... You're just unbelievable.

Still no sight of Monokuma either. Oh, well. There are still more islands to explore, so I'm not calling it quits just yet. ;) That covers the past week on Jabberwock Island. And now, for the actual update!

But first... Even if the bear himself isn't here, his tradition shall live on! Let's all welcome our special guest for tonight, @Honor_Hand! ^_^

On 1/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Who would have thought fan discs were such a thing ;-; I honestly thought they were fan-made games :o Or maybe games that are filled to the brim with fanservice :awesome: Seeing @cr1s already went through pretty much the whole Senran Kagura franchise, it wouldn't be unlike of him to look for more, right? :D But seriously though, thanks for the explanation. Now I know what fan discs really are. :)

You and me both... xDEspecially fan service part. :ninja:

What's a Senran Kagura? :hmm:

Usami, I don't think you'd want to find out. xD However, if you insist that much, be my guest. Even better, I'll expose you to the greatness that is Senran Kagura myself! Behold...

7a84796e77663524a56e6563ded7c06814124343

Plenty more where that came from! :eyebrow:

EEEEE- *faints*

Wow, she couldn't even finish her trademark scream. xD

Great progress here, my friend. And you have been doing a lot on StarBlood Arena too. Maybe that's why @Monokuma hasn't shown his grizzly mug around here anymore. xDIf he reads this, I'm pretty sure he will know how much I respect him and how I helped him last year to fill your backlog with seemingly impossible games (Don't fill me with despair, please ;-;)

Thanks! ^_^@Monokuma's plan isn't going so well right now, as I've been going back to all of the games he's listed and am making some good progress in all of them. :awesome: With StarBlood Arena's server closure due to take place on July 25, that game is definitely going to take priority in the coming weeks, especially since it seems like it will be entirely unplayable after that date. If true, this would also include the single player portion. -_- So yeah, I'll make sure to get the platinum before that date just to be safe.

Good luck this coming week with Max Payne 3. Will be cheering from you on the sides for when you attempt NYMH :3

And the one after... and the one after... and the one after... and the one after... and the one after... and the one after... But thanks! ^_^

As always, I love reading your updates. Always full of creativity and very humorous as well. Keep them coming ;)

Why thank you! ^_^

:facepalm: I'm pretty sure  @Honor_Hand was addressing me, Usami... Wait, how - and why - are you up already? Go back to sleep, will you?

A-wa-wa! So rude! ;_; Well, if I'm really not wanted here... *faints again*

Thank you once again for all the feedback and support, @Honor_Hand! ^_^<3

And now, for the actual update (for real!).

Overview:

• I guess it's time to take a break from fan discs now...but I'll be back. tumblr_ooxjp0b7Xq1qi1wjmo6_r2_500.gif
  • Bullet Time is awesome, but don't forget about Shootdodge, which is equally awesome! giphy.gif
  • However, too much of that would have made me go crazy. I had to seek a way out, albeit temporarily... DifficultEvenGuanaco-max-1mb.gif
  • If all else fails, immerse yourself in a VR game. Your sanity is bound to return! Not.

Progress Update:

Before we get to that, I'd like to share the third installment in my "X Can Fly?" series! If you're wondering what that is, the below video will give you a clear idea. :P

I've been waiting for so long to have another go at this and that scene in A Way Out provided the perfect opportunity. Special thanks to @CypherNova139 for deliberately failing his QTE. :giggle: They may be a 5-minute job and not that original, but these videos give me a good chuckle every time I watch them. xD Here are the other installments, if anyone's interested:

• Got the Code: Realize - Future Blessings platinum on Tuesday. Thoughts on the game here (no need to mention the trophies since it's your typical VN xD):
  • Started A Way Out with @CypherNova139 on Wednesday, and we both got its platinum on Friday at almost the same time (he was 1 second ahead of me :ninja:). What a journey that was!  :D Thoughts on the game and its trophies... Just read my status update in the meantime. :P That said, one particular scene in that game gave me the perfect opportunity to make another installment in my "X Can Fly?" series. What's that, you might wonder? It's apparently something that has to do with the words "fly" and "faceplant". :hmm: I'll just leave this (and this) here:

Special thanks to @CypherNova139 for deliberately failing his QTE. :giggle:

• Went back to Max Payne 3 on Saturday. I didn't get any trophies from that game during the past week, but I did start the grind-a-ton that is the XP grind and am currently at Rank 23. I'm using the "play Chapter 4 on New York Minute 999 times" method, if anyone's curious. :P
  • Went back to StarBlood Arena on Sunday and got some more quick/easy trophies there, namely the "X consecutive kills in 5 seconds" trophies. Contrary to what I had thought, you actually only need to make sure that you get each kill within 5 seconds, not all kills within 5 seconds. xD And the trophy guide on PST.org could've mentioned that, but nooo... The best method to get these is to gather a few more people in private matches and play Gridiron (i.e. the soccer mode) since you respawn exactly where you are in that mode. With Balanced Teams set to Off, whoever needs these trophies can go into one team on his own and kill the remaining players in turn.

Plans For Next Week:

• The XP grind in Max Payne 3 is real and continues next week!
  • Play some more StarBlood Arena
  • Start another Vita game, maybe? :o

With my 399th platinum obtained, what will my 400th platinum be, and when will I get it? Will @Monokuma finally show himself after weeks of absence? Will Usami stop being so fragile? And the most important question... when will we escape Jabberwock? All of this and more, only on Weekly Update! Thanks for tuning in, and I'll see you next week! ^_^

Welp, it's time to explore the fourth island now...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cr1s said:

Before we get to that, I'd like to share the third installment in my "X Can Fly?" series! If you're wondering what that is, the below video will give you a clear idea. :P

I've been waiting for so long to have another go at this and that scene in A Way Out provided the perfect opportunity. Special thanks to @CypherNova139 for deliberately failing his QTE. :giggle: They may be a 5-minute job and not that original, but these videos give me a good chuckle every time I watch them. xD Here are the other installments, if anyone's interested:

Of course, I just had to forget to do something... :facepalm:

Please disregard the above part as I forgot to remove it before posting. And now I can't do that because this issue is still happening:

>_>

Just now, CypherNova139 said:

what? no that is the best part about the update! i liek the faceplant sound

I only meant the text, silly. :P Obviously not the video itself. The above text was meant to be deleted because I re-wrote it in the A Way Out section, but I forgot to delete it before posting, and now I can't do that because of the above issue...

Weekly Update #27 (January 27 - February 3):

It's time for another Weekly Update! ^_^ Thank you for tuning in as I reveal the best thing I found on the fourth island... I couldn't believe my eyes!  :o

maxresdefault.jpg

On 1/28/2019 at 1:17 AM, cr1s said:

I bet I'll find an amusement park on the next island. That would be so cool! :D

I'll be damned... I was only half-joking, but what do you know? Jabberwock Island is full of surprises! :yay: Wait a minute... what is this doing here?

1mkJ6xo.jpg

":o This can't be! But... how? I thought I had gotten rid of him and everything related to him... Could he still be here somewhere?  :hmm:"

Were those your inner thoughts, Usami? You're not supposed to say them out loud, you know? :P

A-wa-wa! If you'll excuse me, I have to be somewhere else right now... *vanishes into thin air*

Well, folks. This only confirms one thing... @Monokuma is still alive and lurking somewhere on Jabberwock Island! :o That's not very surprising... This is Danganronpa, after all. What's Danganronpa without its endearing bear mascot? :P See, I knew this would be too good to be true. Note to self: you were right not to trust Usami. And here I was really looking forward to having fun in this amusement park... This is why we can't have nice things. ;w; Let's see, now... There's still one island left. I bet that's where he's hiding! I'm sure much upupu will be had there. The truth draws ever clo- *handbook beeps*

2014-11-08-220334.jpg?width=325

Oh, I see Shitimi is in deep shit...

*presses :square: twice*

There we all go! All clean now! ^_^

*puts handbook back in his pocket*

Where was I? Oh, right... THE TRUTH DRAWS EVER CLO-

Danganronpa2InterviewSpot2.jpg

Huh? What was that for, Usami? AND WHY DID YOU INTERRUPT ME? ;-;

Just spreading some hope before my long-awaited showdown. Wish me luck! ^_^ You're right, though. The truth draws ever closer...

I don't know what you're babbling about, but good lu- Wait a minute... THAT WAS MY LINE! ;-;

297714_scr10_a.png

NO, IT'S NOT! *cough couuugh* Okay, maybe you're right... Well, that covers this past week on Jabberwock Island, everyone! And now, for the actual update...

Overview:

• Out of the way, it's time for the Grind Master to make his entrance! Z9d.gif Oh, the real grind is yet to come...

That's it, folks! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Progress Update:

And I grind, and I grind away!

• Went back to Max Payne 3 on Monday and worked on some more of the trophies throughout almost the entire week. I'm glad to report that I finished a couple of grinds!
    • XP Grind (The Road To Rank 50): I did this one in Arcade (i.e. playing Chapter 4, Part 1 999 times). There's no way I would've done it in multiplayer when I can just do it in single player. Not that I had anyone to help me if I wanted to do it in multiplayer anyway. :PI don't mind that, though, as grinds like this give me the opportunity to catch up on my "music backlog" and jam to my favorite kind of music! :dance:
    • Single Player Grinds: These weren't too bad in comparison and only took me a few hours to clean up. I mostly had kills with certain weapons left, which I had to do for this trophy anyway...
  • Even with all that, I've still barely scratched the surface! xD My next focus will be The Mother Of All Grinds: New York Minute Hardcore. Not now, though. I will take a small break from Max Payne 3 to fully focus on StarBlood Arena, as I want to finish the multiplayer trophies in the latter as soon as I can.

Plans For Next Week:

• Play some more StarBlood Arena and focus on the rest of the multiplayer trophies. Let's see how much progress I can make next week. :o

That's it for this week, folks! I'll see you next Sunday as usual! ^_^

What will the last island contain? Will @Monokuma really show himself? What's this "long-awaited showdown" about? And what about a way out? Tune in next week to find out! :o

Edited by cr1s
Strange things are afoot. #Soon
  • Like 3

Shame you couldn't have the fun you were looking to have in that amusement park ;-; What will that last island contain for @cr1s? The anticipation for what's about to unfold is killing me already.

And what's this showdown Usami keeps talking about? Pretty sure @Monokuma has been leaving all these small clues for you for some reason and I think there is more at work than him just appearing back on the last island. At any rate, really looking forward to what will happen next :awesome: 

"And then, I grinded relentlessly", that's a good summary for your past week xD Good luck with NYMHC on Max Payne 3 ;) And with StarBlood arena too. So, which one of those two is going to be your 400th Platinum?

:ninja:Someone will die #Soon

• Like 1

Weekly Update #28 (February 4-10):

Another week, another Weekly Update! Things have taken a turn for the worse, as clues upon clues keep hinting at @Monokuma's presence on Jabberwock Island. The anticipation is building up as I enter the fifth and last island... And what greets me is the following scene:

L8bQh6.gif

Wait a minute, is this still Jabberwock Island? :o I'm pretty sure I've seen this exact scene somewhere else... :hmm: But yeah, I feel like I'm getting closer and closer to the truth. One thing's for sure: Despair Awaits. *shudders* But that's not all. In addition to this rather unorthodox scene, the last island also contains several buildings. Shocking, I know! :o Let's see... What do we have here? Hmm, this one looks like some kind of factory.

utNcmuJ.png

Yeah, just looking at it tells me I'm not gonna like what's inside. But hey, I vowed to uncover the truth, so I gotta see this through. Here we go...

2014-10-21-120208.jpg?width=1280b2WCd08.png

Holy mother of all Monokumas! Are these... when I arrived here, I... Is this a Monokuma Factory? :o That would explain all those Monokumas outside. Okay, what- what's happening here I don't-

EEEEEK! All these Monokumas... What do I do? WHAT DO I DO?

Great, the last thing I wanted was for Usami to see this. :facepalm: Alright, Usami. Let's both calm down, okay?

Oh, I'm... perfectly... calm... I'mlikesuperduperultracalm! ^_^

You're not good at acting, you know?

A-wa-wa! I keep being had! Don't worry, though. I know the perfect way to end this nightmare! *promptly disappears*

What is she up to now? :facepalm: But yeah, this doesn't bode well. Why is there an army of Monokumas in here? And why are the ones outside dancing? Is that some kind of ritual? :hmm: Where's the big guy himself? What's the secret behind Jabberwock Island? Like, where are we exactly? Will I stop asking myself so many questions?

But that's not all! Among the other buildings, I find... you'll never believe this.

9IKDLNo.jpg

A military base? Jeeps, tanks, helicopters... They're all here! :o And there's Usami in the distance, rummaging through the back of a truck. She's clearly looking for something.

Here we go! I'm ready, @Monokuma! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Usami... holding an AK-999? Is this how she intends to get rid of @Monokuma? What happened to "peace" and "LOVE, LOVE"? I can't believe my eyes right now. :o

Come out, already! I'm tired of waiting... I just wanna get this over with and go back to my Haunted House so I can play with my Usami dolls! ;_;

Spoiler

Well, I guess the time for hide and seek is over... It looks like I've been found. Congratulations are in order!

Spoiler

Hey, let's throw a party to celebrate this! I just happen to know some awesome dance moves! Check these out!

tenor.gif?itemid=12558005

Did you miss me, Usami? Or should I say... Monomi? Were you a good little sister while I was away? ^_^

I KNEW IT! Wait... Monomi? Little sister? What?

That does it, big bro- I mean, @Monokuma! It's time to end your reign for good!

Well, well, well... Monomi holding an AK... pointed at me... I thought you were all about "peace" and "LOVE, LOVE"? :o

Not with you, @Monokuma!

Hey, if you really insist... be my guest! *upupu*

*Monomi pulls the trigger, but nothing happens*

The safety's still on, you dummy! NYAHAHAHAHA!

A-wa-wa! Being had by @Monokuma is the bane of my existence! Well, it doesn't matter... I'll just end this the old-fashioned way. *throws gun away* Watch, @cr1s as I obliterate Despair once and for all, right here and now! A-YA-YA!

Watch, @cr1s, as I defeat Hope without even "lifting a finger", as you humans say! I don't even need a pathetic battle cry for this. :giggle:

Is this the "long-awaited showdown"? I don't even know who to root for, to be honest. :hmm: Well, no matter. I'll just sit here and watch this unfold.

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif?ssl=1

Good thing I grabbed all that popcorn from the movie theater. Don't mind me, you two. Just have at it!

*@Monokuma and Monomi stare at me with a puzzled look, then back at each other*

Spoiler

:| Well, I know I wouldn't want to be Usami right now. xDxD And, well... that was fast. I expected, you know, an actual showdown? I barely had the time to eat any popcorn! ;w;

A-wa-wa! This is way too embarrassing! And my Magic Stick... gone! ;_; Damn you, @Monokuma! You may have defeated me now, but I'll be back! For Hope never fades away!

*yawn* Take her away, fellow Monokumas! And make sure you lock her up! See, that's what happens when you try to defy the headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy. :awesome:

Hope's Peak? You mean Jabberwock Island, right?

Oh, right! You were seeking the truth about Jabberwock Island. Well, here's the thing... There's no Jabberwock Island. This is merely Hope's Peak in disguise! :dance:

What? O_O But... what about when we first encountered Monomi? She clearly teleported us here! She even used her Magic Stick!

Did you really think her Magic Stick would actually work? Pfft... It's nothing but a dud. She only carries it around to make herself look "cool". But yes, you wanted the truth... there you have it. :awesome:

All this time... and we were still in Hope's Peak. Should it even still be called Hope's Peak after all of this?

You're right. It's such a ridiculous name! Especially since "Hope" isn't around anymore. :awesome:I'll definitely have to come up with a new name.

Damn... I should probably move on before I lose my mind... Let's do the actual update no-

Aren't you forgetting something? Or rather... someone? Oh @Honor_Hand, how I've missed you! :3

O_O ... Well then, let's all welcome @Honor_Hand! ^_^

On 2/5/2019 at 1:10 AM, Honor_Hand said:

Shame you couldn't have the fun you were looking to have in that amusement park ;-; What will that last island contain for @cr1s? The anticipation for what's about to unfold is killing me already.

Upupu... That's what the killing game does to you. Ha, see what I did there? :awesome:

And what's this showdown Usami keeps talking about? Pretty sure @Monokuma has been leaving all these small clues for you for some reason and I think there is more at work than him just appearing back on the last island. At any rate, really looking forward to what will happen next :awesome: 

I hope you enjoyed the "long-awaited showdown"! ^_^ Hey, who knows, my stubborn little sister could even ask for a rematch sometime. :awesome: Not that Monomi would ever win against me. :giggle:

"And then, I grinded relentlessly", that's a good summary for your past week xD Good luck with NYMHC on Max Payne 3 ;) And with StarBlood arena too. So, which one of those two is going to be your 400th Platinum?

Dammit, @Monokuma. Just let me talk already! ;_; Anyway... I still don't know. :P It might be one of those games, or it might be another game. Anything is possible... especially with @Monokuma around. :ninja:

Anything? More like nothing is possible with me! :awesome: What makes you think you'll even obtain your 400th platinum? Oh yes, I'll make sure you'll play all kinds of impossible games! :dance: Oh, that reminds me of something... @Honor_Hand should know what I'm talking about. ;)

Hmm, what is it you're planning now? :hmm:

Oh, you'll find out soon enough. *upupu*

:ninja:Someone will die #Soon

No shit, Captain Obvious! That's why it's called "killing game". :P

Are you done, you blabbermouth?

Aww, you're such a party pooper! ;_; I guess you can proceed with your silly update. Maybe I'll just doze off in the meantime.

>_> Well, then. Without further ado, it's time for the actual update! ^_^

Overview:

• Have you ever tried to play a VR game while you're upside down? It feels so awesome! :D OSubDlh.jpg

Aaaand that's pretty much it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's it? You're so lame!

Progress Update:

• Went back to StarBlood Arena and played it throughout the entire week. Here's where I stand right now:

Lemme guess... on the ground? :awesome: Oh, wait. Maybe you can walk on water? :o Or maybe you're one of those people who can float in the air? :hmm:

That damn bear. I swear I'm gonna crazy because of him. Ahem... As I was saying, here's last week's progress and what's left: I completed the "play 25 Ranked Matches with <insert character>" trophy for each character and also got a few other trophies in the process. All I have left are a few trophies, namely this (which I'll do last - it's really quick and easy and can be done in a Private Match) and these. I'm going to focus on the single player portion of the game next.

Laaaaaaaaaame!

Plans For Next Week:

• Play some more StarBlood Arena and focus on the single player portion
  • The King of Fighters XIII
  • BattleFantasia

Upupu. Everyone's cherished games are back, with more to come gradually! Brought to you by none other than @Honor_Hand. :awesome:

Hey, don't you pin this on him! I know it's all your fault!

Oh, no! It was definitely him who started it! :ninja:

*sigh* Anyway, that's it for my Weekly Update! ^_^ Will I break this stalemate I'm currently in and get my 400th platinum next week? Or will @Monokuma really stop me from doing so? :hmm: Find out next week, right here in another episode of Weekly Update!

Upupu... I'm so glad to be back! :yay: It's time for some good ol' MonoAntics to ensue. :awesome:#Soon

Edited by cr1s
Oh, wait... I was supposed to be taking a nap. In that case... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Like 4

Greatest Weekly Update yet @cr1s :awesome:

Finally, Monokuma decided to show himself after having you stroll aimlessly on Jabberwock Island. Who would have that you were in Hope's Peak all along? And that Usami was gonna turn so violent in the end? I guess it comes with the family xD Anyhow, it was a fitting end for her. (Was it?) Now that @Monokuma is back in charge, I see he already jumped ahead and added BattleFantasia and The King of Fighters XIII back to your list of games to play.

I actually should go back to KOF XIII myself as well. *ahem* At some point, of course. ?

Will do my best to assist @Monokuma on his quest to provide exceedingly long and hard games to play. What's better than to play some of those games with your best friends, am I right? It must surely help in easing out the pain lol

Before you post it in the next few days, congrats on StarBlood Arena becoming your 400th Platinum. Pretty sure that's the next one at this point. ^_^

Also, where is everyone else here? I feel @cr1s and I are the only ones having fun in this thread. Where is everyone else? o.o Come on, join the discussion. No one here bites... I think.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Also, where is everyone else here? I feel @cr1s and I are the only ones having fun in this thread. Where is everyone else? o.o Come on, join the discussion. No one here bites... I think.

*Peeks to see if @Monokuma is still around before slowly emerging from hiding spot*

I'm around, mostly lurking in the shadows and reading some fairly entertaining updates. @Monokuma's return was an especially fun read.

@cr1s That's a nice list of games you have there! Out of the three, I've only played BattleFantasia, but just by looking at the trophy lists, I can tell that you're in for a fun ride! I too feel like StarBlood Arena is going to be next (though a small part of me feels like we're being led on and it's really going to be #401).

Spoiler

HarshSaltyFlies-size_restricted.gif

I've been spotted! *Darts back into hiding spot*

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

"Weekly" Update #WeLostCount (February 11 - September 1):

giphy.gif 

There we go! Finally, my attempts to restore this show and put it back on schedule have proven to be successful! Now that that's out of the way... someone's gonna pay for this. I'm looking at you, @cr1s. How DARE you take it off the air like that? Especially when it was my moment to shine again! You'd better explain yourself, right now.

tenor.gif?itemid=11343195

Hey, why are you blaming me? I'm as puzzled as you are! What do you think I'd gain from cancelling our show? It's not like a certain bear underestimated another bear, which led to this and might cause another showdown between said bears.

Wuzzat? Who are you talking about? Get to the point already!

Two words: "little sister".

Monomi? MONOMI?

tenor.gif?itemid=11347726

Come on, give me a break here. Monomi, of all bears? And from her prison cell? xD

Well, Monomi was against this show from the very beginning. And after you put her behind bars, of course she'd want to retaliate. I can't believe you thought she wouldn't do anything like this. Besides, aren't you two longtime enemies? I can't think of anyone else who would do this. Definitely not the Monokubs since they're loyal to you, nor any of the Ultimates since they're too busy with their Killing Games to even give a damn about something like this. *shrugs*

Hmm... you might have a point there. I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. If you'll excuse me... *disappears for a little while, then comes back with Monomi*

A-wa-wa, my ears! Will you stop dragging me around? ;-;

And now, without further ado...

42e674008b5b78c41e6400f8fc0fb4b0ca21212c

You forgot to say "IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!".

Argh, I can't believe I've gotten rusty! Dx Wait a minute... that's not even necessary!

What do you mean, "not necessary"? You say that every time in the Killing Games!

True, but it's not like it's the trigger phrase for the punishment, you know? As long as I slam that MonoButton, it's all good!

And here I thought otherwise! :o Well, I guess I learned something new today.

Puhuhu, I can't believe how derpy you are sometimes!

Says the bear who forgot that he's supposed to be the Japanese @Monokuma. xP

What? I've been had again? ;-; Anyway, enough pleasantries already!

pc1HbvL.jpg

Hey, what's this? I demand a fair trial! How come you've skipped to the execution part already? Is this how you'd really treat your little sister?

Upupu... Guess what, Monomi? You're not even my sister. I guess I can go ahead and kill you now. :awesome:

EEEEK! I just had the feeling you weren't my brother. No brother would ever do that to his little sister. You're such a sadistic, evil bear! @cr1s, help me out here!

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif?ssl=1

Hey, leave me out of this! I don't have anything to do with you two. I'm just here to enjoy the show. :awesome:

*sigh* Hated and ignored by everyone. Maybe it's better... if I just...

Enough yapping already! Exisals, attack!

EEEE- *Monomi gets brutally mauled and ripped to countless bits by Monokuma's terror machines*

ce36c3dbbb6b7b7d7cb39f7432b9a55f360e5912

:o *drops his drink and bag of popcorn in shock* :o

Aww, all that popcorn gone to waste. And here I was looking to relax and have some after such an exciting punishment. :(

W-W-What? What you did there... how did you sweat upwards? I've never seen anyone or anything do that before! :o

Huh? Is this what you're shocked about? Okay, I'll tell you my secret... Actually, I don't even know why it happens. :dunno:

How lame. <_< Well, now that that's taken care of, shall we move on to the main event?

Upupu, I see someone's eager to get his long-overdue dose of Despair. :3 We sure have a lot to talk about in today's episode, so let's get this show on the road once again! :D

Overview:

It's been quite a while since our last episode, hasn't it? For anyone who was following us, I'd like to apologize for the long hiatus. I would've said that you can blame Monomi for it, but she's no longer here, so just blame Monokuma instead! :ninja:

Are you for real? You know I didn't do anything! >_>

I know, I know. I was just kidding. :P I hope we won't run into such... technical difficulties again. It might happen again eventually as long as there's someone that seeks to stop this show from being aired, but let's hope everything will go well.

It had better not! This long hiatus almost made me go haywire! This is, like, my favorite show ever! Way better than the Killing Game because, unlike those, I'm allowed to directly interact with my test subject and do all kinds of things to him over here!

I assume you're talking about me. Wait, even "those" things? :o But you've never done anything of the sort yet?

I'm not talking about "those" kinds of things. Damn you and your perverted mind! Besides, that wouldn't be allowed here. Think of the children!

But spreading Despair is fine? Mkay... :P

Of course it is! *upupu* Anyway, I'm glad to let our viewers know that Weekly Updates are back on Sundays starting from September 8! This one doesn't count because it's the introductory episode for Season 2, so it's perfectly fine to air it on a Tuesday. :P But speaking of that, I've always wondered and thought I'd finally ask: why did you choose Sundays?  :hmm:

Because it's the end of the week (for most people anyway) and thus the perfect day to reflect on the past week?

As simple as that! :o How lame... And here I thought there was something else to it! <_< Moving on, I'm also happy to report that this season will feature lots and lots of Despair! TONS AND TONS OF DESPAIR! Oh, yes. With all that time off the air, we should surely compensate for it. Right,  @cr1s? *upupupupu*

Did you think you could surprise me with that? Well, guess what? I was expecting that, especially from you. :P I'm sure you're eagerly anticipating unleashing all that Despair on me. I wonder what you'll have in store for me. :o But first, let's start with an update to my trophy checklist!

Trophy Checklist OP Update:

Wait a minute... By "OP", you mean "OverPowered", right? I wholeheartedly agree. ;D

I was thinking "Original Post", but with what you're scheming in that mind of yours... I don't wanna imagine how exactly it could become overpowered. D= But let's not think about that. Back to the Original Post update:

• First of all, I'm currently in the process of doing a long-overdue update to my trophy checklist's Original Post. By "update" I only mean "textual content", meaning updating my backlog, milestones, stats, etc. Don't worry, the style and format you've all come to know and love will definitely remain intact. Even if I wanted to change that, I know for a fact that @Monokuma wouldn't let me. :giggle:

Of course I wouldn't! How dare you even think about it! @_@

• You may have noticed that the word "backlog" above isn't crossed. Well, that's pretty much what I have left to update. I mean, it's been 6.5 months and I did get "quite a few" games, so yeah. ^^" Not just that, but I'm considering removing some games from there as well. This should be done within the next few days - as soon as I finish getting my bearings over here. The "etc" word isn't crossed either but I'm sure no one paid attention to it. :ninja:

Oooh, a bear pun? I love me some bear puns! :3 Speaking of which, I bearly did any myself lately. I should definitely bring those back. *upupu* And hey, why isn't the "etc" word crossed either? :hmm:

• Oh, so you did pay attention to it... Bear with me, I was gonna get to that. =P As part of this update, I've decided to add a new section called "Marathons". It's fairly self-explanatory, but I'll elaborate a bit. Basically, a marathon in this context is what I'd consider playing two or more games in a series back-to-back, with no (or, in some rare cases, very few) interruptions in-between, while obviously going for the platinum in each game. I've done many of these over the past few years and am planning to have many more, so I thought it'd be nice to list them all in their own section. ^^ As far as why the "etc" word isn't crossed, that's because I'm still working on this section. :P My past and current marathons have been fully updated, and my planned marathons have been partially updated. What remains for that section is detailing each planned marathon like the other ones, but I'm still conflicted on what games to include for certain marathons. :hmm: I'll work on it and have it done as soon as possible. Also, a huge shoutout to @OhDearGodRun (I almost tagged the devil! D=) for making the awesome banner for that section. Thank you for your continued contributions to my trophy checklist, I really appreciate it! ^_^

Oh, we're certainly going to have fun with this section... and other things too! *upupu* Right, @Honor_Hand? :awesome:

I know you both will. :P Well, that covers everything related to my trophy checklist's Original Post update. Let's move on them shiny trophies now!

Platinums & 100%s:

I gotta say, this year has seen a noticeable decrease in my trophy hunting activities. This has been due to various factors, some good, others bad. That said, trophy hunting has remained a big hobby of mine and I still enjoy it all the same. ^_^ Here are the platinums and 100%s I've gotten since my previous update. First of all, let's reveal my long-anticipated 400th platinum! @Monokuma?

What could @cr1s' 400th platinum have possibly been? :o Let's find out together! :dance:

1L5f5409.png

StarBlood Legend
Complete all other StarBlood Arena Trophies

On 2/12/2019 at 10:18 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Before you post it in the next few days, congrats on StarBlood Arena becoming your 400th Platinum. Pretty sure that's the next one at this point. ^_^

On 2/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, jemmie said:

I too feel like StarBlood Arena is going to be next

Indeed, @cr1s' 400th platinum is StarBlood Arena! As a reward for correctly guessing that, you both get to be part of the studio audience for this season of the show! :awesome: After all, the ultimate reward for our loyal viewers would be getting to see (and participate in) all that despairful action first-hand! *upupu*

"Participate in"? Just what are you planning, @Monokuma? :o

WHAT? You heard that? o.o I mean... I never said that!

Well, well, well... I'd stay on my guard if I were you, @Honor_Hand and @jemmie. Who knows what @Monokuma could be planning for you two? *upupu*

Hey, don't you mimick my signature laugh! I'm the only one who gets to do it! I'll let it slide this time, but do it again and I might have to unleash my Exisals on you. *upupu*

Ahem... Anyway, StarBlood Arena was a fairly decent VR game, and a nice platinum to have as a milestone. It's an online-only game (which is now almost entirely playable due to the server shutdown), but most of the trophies can be done with bots. There's also a single player portion called "Burn Circuits", which is basically a set of matches against bots. I had the most fun with that, especially the smaller maps as the action got quite chaotic and enjoyable during those. The platinum itself was time-consuming due to the trophies related to the Burn Circuits as well as a myriad of miscellaneous trophies, but not hard once I got used to the game and learned to aim with my head. Seriously, that made the game a lot easier. xP Not much else to say about it, but I'm glad I went for this game before the server shutdown. It was a nice experience all in all. =)

And now, here's the list of the other platinums and 100%s I've obtained since February 11 (by chronological order), along with some brief comments regarding the games/trophies in question. I'll most likely make a post with more thoughts on those in the Most Recent Platinum and Newest 100% threads sometime this week.

• 100% #13: Hitman (26/02/2019): I really enjoyed this installment. I love how open the missions have gotten and the many fun and creative ways you can use to assassinate your targets. The locales are quite varied, the graphics are pretty nice, the story is great, and the atmosphere and soundtrack make things even more immersive. Definitely my favorite game in the Hitman series. Kudos to Square Enix for pulling off this change in direction for the series. I got Hitman 2 when it was on sale earlier this year and I definitely look forward to playing it, as well as Hitman again (since the entire Hitman trophy list is included in Hitman 2's). ^_^ I'm mostly just waiting for the DLCs to stop being released before playing it. x3 In the meantime, I have the PS4 versions of Blood Money and Absolution to play (*cough* Marathon *cough*). =D
  • :platinum: #401: Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge (01/03/2019): The easiest RTS platinum I have. Granted, I only have a couple of RTS platinums. xD It does have a few tricky parts, but nothing particularly hard. Due to the game's simplicity, you'll most likely get used to it relatively quickly. I liked the humor and overall feel of the game, and there's some decent variety in the missions and boss fights. All in all, I enjoyed playing this game.
  • :platinum: #402: Slain: Back From Hell (23/03/2019): AHHH, THIS GAME! BURN IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Ahem... Seriously though, this game was one... hell of an experience. xD@Honor_Hand knows exactly what I'm talking about because he went through all that pain and suffering with me as well. x3 Although I had a harder time with it myself because I decided to do like, everything in one playthrough. Best idea ever, let me tell you! *thumbs up* But yeah, this game is a challenging platinum, no matter how you tackle it. The hardest part for me was the Mother Beholder boss fight. I'd say it literally took me a couple of hundred tries, if not more. Thankfully, the stars ended up aligning for me in the end. :P As for the game itself? It's an awesome 2D platformer with a rocking soundtrack and some cool gameplay elements. I'd definitely recommend it if you're into these kinda games. =)
  • :platinum: #403: Far Cry 3 (PS4) (28/03/2019): Ahhh, my favorite Far Cry game. I first played it on PS3 back in 2013, and replaying it on PS4 was a lot of fun. Why is it my favorite Far Cry game, you may ask? One word: "antagonist". I won't say which one, though. :ninja:
  • :platinum: #404: Space Overlords (Vita) (13/04/2019): This game was free on PS+ a long time ago. Not much to say about it. It's a very average game that gets stale really quickly with not much going for it. Basically, you play as an overlord, and your goal in each mission is to destroy all buildings on the current planet before time runs out, all while evading certain obstacles. Easy platinum, especially if you grind before tackling missions.
  • :platinum: #405: Space Overlords (PS4) (14/04/2019): Same as the above. Don't ask me why I did both stacks. xP
  • :platinum: #406: LocoRoco Remastered (26/04/2019): A fun and charming PlayStation exclusive that was originally released on the PSP. The platinum was fairly challenging and a little time-consuming with all those collectibles and Time Trials. I thought it was a good game though, and I have LocoRoco 2 Remastered in my backlog that I'll play at some point. ^^
  • :platinum: #407 (+ 100%): Burnout Paradise (PS3) (29/04/2019): This is a game I had wanted to play for quite a while as I had heard excellent things about it. I can see where Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 got its inspiration from now. However, as good as that game was, Burnout Paradise does things better and is more fun. It's definitely worthy of all the praise and has quickly become one of my all-time favorite racing games. The 100% is easy, straightforward, quick, and fun. It has a fair amount of online trophies (with the PS3 servers being shut down now), but I had a lot of fun doing those with @Honor_Hand and look forward to playing and doing the PS4 version with him at some point. \^o^/ Also, many thanks to @CypherNova139 for helping with the 8-player trophies! ^^
  • :platinum: #408 (+ 100%): Just Cause 3 (21/05/2019): Another mixed bag in the Just Cause series. Overall, it does several things better compared to its predecessor, but has severe framerate issues that will most definitely hamper your enjoyment of the game... unless you have a PS4 Pro, because a patch was released that supposedly fixes all these issues for the PS4 Pro. Sadly, I'm not one of the chosen ones with a PS4 Pro, so I had to go through all the technical issues this game has to offer. Trophy-wise, this game isn't that bad. Sure, it's time-consuming and some challenges are quite tricky, but the rest is your standard open-world fare.
  • :platinum: #409: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (26/05/2019): This was my first flight simulator kind of game. Even though I had trouble getting used to the controls, I still enjoyed it and it was nice to play something different for a change. I went through pretty much the entirety of the trophy list with @Honor_Hand and enjoyed it a lot more that way. =D It's definitely more fun in co-op. ^_^ Shoutout to @CypherNova139 for coming to our aid when we really needed it. He helped us finish off our last remaining multiplayer trophies when we couldn't find any (reliable) people for them, so thanks again! =) If only I could find and get my hands on H.A.W.X. 2... I'd definitely like to play that one. =/
  • :platinum: #410: Muv-Luv (EU/NA Vita) (31/05/2019): Ahhh, Muv-Luv. Don't let the simplicity of the first installment mislead you and/or put you off. There's a lot more to it than that... The second installment, called Extra, is where things start to take shape and the series shows its true potential. And then...
  • :platinum: #411: Hardware: Rivals (05/06/2019): A fairly decent online multiplayer shooter. The only trophy that you might have to boost is "Splash Damage" for destroying 3 or more enemies at once as it's extremely luck-based otherwise. However, I got really lucky and managed to get it while playing normally. Everything is doable otherwise, albeit time-consuming with those 1000 kills.
  • :platinum: #412: Ark: Survival Evolved (15/06/2019): Not much to say about this one. An EZPZ platinum with the admin commands. =P I'm surprised it's an Ultra Rare platinum when you can easily get it in like a dozen hours or so with those admin commands.
  • :platinum: #413: Muv-Luv Alternative (EU/NA Vita) (17/06/2019): ...you have Alternative. This is the culmination of the Muv-Luv Trilogy and the "meat" of the story, so to speak. The first two installments set up the stage for what's to come and introduce you to the characters as you slowly get closer to the most intense emotional rollercoaster I've ever experienced in any VN, which pretty much ripped my heart to countless bits. Alternative is the highest-rated VN on VNDB.org and let me tell you, it absolutely deserves to be called a masterpiece. Words cannot accurately express just how stellar, engaging, and emotional the storytelling in Alternative is. It has replaced the likes of Steins;Gate, 999, and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony as my favorite VN of all time. The Muv-Luv Trilogy was a unique experience in the world of VNs, and those 100 hours paid off big time in the end. Highly and heartily recommended to any VN enthusiasts.
  • :platinum: #414: Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (HK PS4) (21/06/2019): This platinum will be detailed in the next episode, in a section hosted by none other than @Monokuma, so stay tuned!
  • 100% #14: NekoPara Vol. 1 (09/07/2019): See below.
  • 100% #15: NekoPara Vol. 2 (11/07/2019): See below.
  • 100% #16: NekoPara Vol. 3 (NA/JP) (12/07/2019): See below.
  • 100% #17: NekoPara Vol. 3 (EU) (12/07/2019): Ah, NekoPara! I bought this VN series on a whim as soon as I discovered its existence and let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint. It's exactly what you'd expect from this kind of VN. A cast that is filled with cute and fluffy catgirls, each with her own distinct personality, with a heart-warming and "feel good" kind of story to go along with it. What's not to love about it? ^w^ I certainly enjoyed it for what it is and look forward to playing Vol. 4. =D
  • 100% #18: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (Vita) (16/07/2019): Honestly, the main reason I got this game was because it has Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate as a playable character. x3 But I had also seen some gameplay and thought I'd like it. That definitely held true, even though the game is short and gets quite repetitive. It was nice playing a beat 'em up game for a change too. It has some quick online multiplayer trophies, which I did with @Jelloycat. ^^ Why, we even had some Kurisu x Kurisu matches (spoiler: I lost them all ?).
  • :platinum: #415: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (HK) (20/07/2019): This platinum will be detailed in the next episode, in a section hosted by none other than @Monokuma, so stay tuned!
  • :platinum: #416: Two Worlds II (10/08/2019): AHHH, THIS GAME! BURN IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Ahem... Yeah, another one of these games. \x_x/ Except that this one was not only frustrating, but also absolutely awful. D= Seriously, this is one of the worst games I've played in recent memory. It's just plain bad in every department: story, dialogue, combat, level design, graphics... you name it. And even worse, it has a bunch of co-op levels, and when you'd usually expect co-op to make things more fun, over here it's more frustrating. Huge thanks to @Honor_Hand for going through it with me. \^o^/ We still have a couple of DLC co-op levels to go through (my last trophy for the 100%). We'll get there... one day... x3 Actually... forget everything I've just said about this game. It has a Game of the Year Edition, so it's obviously an excellent game! Right? RIGHT? WRONG! Oh boy, I can't wait for @cr1s and especially @Honor_Hand to go back to this game! *upupu*
  • 100% #19: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds (PS4) (18/08/2019): See above for the basic information. Pretty much the only difference between both versions is the bigger grind for the max level (99). Seriously, you go from needing about 3,000 XP per level to about 20,000 XP per level at once, with 10 levels left for Level 99. O_O Thanks to @Jelloycat for doing the online multiplayer trophies with me in this version as well! =D
  • :platinum: #417: Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (27/08/2019): This platinum will be detailed in the next episode, so stay tuned!

And that's it when it comes to my latest platinums and 100%s. Not much trophy hunting done in the last 6.5 months, but hey, it is what it is.

I've also started several games:

• Grand Kingdom (15/02/2019): This game is a tactical JRPG that was published by Spike Chunsoft (in Japan) and NIS America (in the West) for PS4 and Vita. This is an entirely new genre for me, but I'm always looking to try out new kinds of games, and seeing it has an easy platinum gave me some additional push to go for it. However, I've only played it for a little bit and it's still quite overwhelming. I put it on hold as I kind of hit a brick wall with it and was looking for some strategies and tips on how to proceed with this game, and I pretty much forgot about it. ^^" I did enjoy the little I've played of it, though, and will go back to it at some point.
  • Doom 3 (18/04/2019): I went for the online multiplayer trophies in it aaand that's pretty much it. =P Thanks to @Honor_Hand for the help with those! =D
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection (02/05/2019): I may have played this game just because it has Felicia in it. ;3 But really, I merely did the sole online multiplayer trophy with @Honor_Hand and then put it on the backburner. ^^" Speaking of which, that was the quickest grinding session we've ever had. x3 But yeah, another game I should go back to. It will most likely be a hard 100%, but I'll do my best to get this trophy, at least. =3
  • Monster Hunter: World (04/06/2019): My first Monster Hunter game, and I think it's quite enjoyable, especially in co-op. It takes a bit of time getting used to as it can be a little overwhelming at first (as expected from this kind of game), but it's not too bad once you start getting the hang of it. I haven't gotten that far before I stopped, and I don't know when I'll get back to it.

I've also obtained some more trophy milestones:

• 400th Platinum: StarBlood Arena - 14/02/2019
  • 18,000th Trophy: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (HK) - 20/07/2019

I guess you can say... Danganronpa: Another Milestone! My third Danganronpa milestone in the "xx,000th Trophy" milestone series, after my 9,000th Trophy and 16,000th Trophy being Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (EU/NA) and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (HK) respectively. I'm definitely glad to have another Danganronpa milestone in there. ^o^ And so is @Monokuma, obviously. =P

I just LOVE it when you get a Danganronpa milestone! Every Danganronpa platinum should be a trophy milestone! But unfortunately, it's too late for that. ;-;

Speaking of milestones, I also got some Level Milestones:

• Level 66: StarBlood Arena - "Champions" - 12/02/2019
  • Level 67: LocoRoco Remastered - "Pickory Chaser" - 21/04/2019
  • Level 68: Muv-Luv Alternative (EU/NA Vita) - "Muv-Luv Alternative" :platinum: - 17/06/2019

That Muv-Luv Alternative platinum wasn't actually planned beforehand. It came as a coincidence and surprise for me. The fact that it's my new favorite VN of all time makes it more special, though. =D I wonder what game will take up the spot for my Level 69 milestone. ;3

Oooh, I think I may have an idea. :9 We'll find out soon enough. =3

That's pretty much it when it comes to my trophy hunting activities that happened during our long hiatus. And now, let's see what exactly @Monokuma is planning for me...

Future Plans:

You may be left wondering: "What kind of Despair will @cr1s have to go through? When will this madness end?" Well, the answer to the latter should be quite obvious, so I'm going to answer the former instead! Here's a sneak peek at what to expect in the future:

• Seasonal Face-Off: Remember when I gave @cr1s a list of games to play with a set minimum to complete within a single season (i.e. Fall, Winter, etc.)? Expect to see a return of this series, with the third installment to occur in Fall 2019! He might've beat me before, but l can assure you all that I've used this long hiatus to brush up my skills. This is gonna be just great! *upupu*
  • Marathons: With the unveiling of the new "Marathons" section, this is the perfect time to take advantage of it and add even more marathons to the list! Just what kinds of marathons will @cr1s have to go through? Only time will tell. *upupu*
  • Ultra Rare Platinums: I see @cr1s hasn't been getting a lot of Ultra Rare platinums lately. It's high time we change that, don't you think? With how many of them there are out there, the possibilities for despairful antics are endless! *upupu*
  • Series Completions: It looks like @cr1s has been slacking on completing certain series. Perhaps he just doesn't feel like playing some of these games? Unbearable! You can't call yourself a "completionist" if you don't even complete most of these series, amirite? And maybe we can add even more series while we're at it. *upupu*
  • VR Platinums: Who the hell gets a VR just to play a few VR games? Perhaps @cr1s actually gets dizzy or motion sick from playing them? All the more reason to make him play more VR games! *upupu*
  • The Road to Fully Conquering Despair (Working Title): Last, but not least... in fact, we're leaving the best for last! What does this exactly entail? You'll find out soon, very soon... sooner than you think. For now, I'll just leave this quote that was once said by the wisest human ever: "Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy." In-fucking-deed! Although, I gotta say... "crazy" is a huge understatement for the amount of Despair I have in store for @cr1s! *upupu*
  • Other Despairful Shenanigans: What, did you think I'd be done just because I said "last" in the previous section? Not at all! But, you know... I wouldn't want to spoil all of my surprises. I've said more than enough already. *upupupupu*

Hey, I was supposed to host the entire section! I even wrote and memorized an awesome script for it! >_>

Calm down, will you? I'm part of this show too, you know? Or did you think you could have every section to yourself? =P

*sigh* I guess you're right... Well, that's about all we have for you in this introductory episode. See you all on Sunday for the next episode! ^o^

See you all next time! :3 Oh, one last thing before we go... Any and all future episodes of our show will be aired during earlier timeslots! Why is that, you may ask? Because I want everyone to be able to watch it! After all, this is a show for people of all ages! Ahhhhh-hahahahaha!

PS: My apologies for the inconsistent use of emoticons. I can't help but use them regularly, and each post "only" allows a maximum of 75 emoticons. Let's just say that I "bearly" passed that limit. ^^"

Edited by cr1s
I wonder what I'd be like if I were a catgirl. First of all, I'd still be everyone's favorite bear. But I could have cat ears too! And I could go "upupu-nya" instead! What's not to love abou- wait a minute, I'd be turned into a girl? O_O Abort, abo-
  • Like 4

I see another update "flies" into my inbox!

Hawx boosting was quite interesting, just having to be the lead plane while @cr1s and @Honor_Hand try not to blow each other up.
Also being the lead plane was fun with a extra co-pilot - was babysitting at the time so the kid wanted to "move it <left stick> that way Uncle @CypherNova139 move it that way Uncle @CypherNova139 " Not easy to comply when the boosting requires flying straight.

A massive and exceptional update from @cr1s, no doubt. An excellent way to come back into the scene. It was an awesome read. Gotta love those interactions between you and @Monokuma. You two sure have a lot of chemistry going on in those exchanges. :awesome: Also, I found Monomi's demise was particularly hilarious.  ?

:platinum: #402: Slain: Back From Hell (23/03/2019): AHHH, THIS GAME! BURN IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Ahem... Seriously though, this game was one... hell of an experience. xD@Honor_Hand knows exactly what I'm talking about because he went through all that pain and suffering with me as well. x3 Although I had a harder time with it myself because I decided to do like, everything in one playthrough. Best idea ever, let me tell you! *thumbs up* But yeah, this game is a challenging platinum, no matter how you tackle it. The hardest part for me was the Mother Beholder boss fight. I'd say it literally took me a couple of hundred tries, if not more. Thankfully, the stars ended up aligning for me in the end. :P As for the game itself? It's an awesome 2D platformer with a rocking soundtrack and some cool gameplay elements. I'd definitely recommend it if you're into these kinda games. =)

Are you sure this wasn't some sort of punishment for you? :P It's a great game but a tough cookie for sure. Poor @cr1s here was misled by the trophy guide thinking that save-scumming would make the game a breeze but nothing could've been farther from the truth. :awesome: I kinda knew in advance what we were getting into so I much preferred to spread those trophies across multiple playthroughs in order to keep my suffering to a minimum. We even had a fun little race here seeing who would end the game first, @cr1s with his 1-playthrough method and me with my 4-playthroughs strategy. I can say I won as far as receiving less pain in the end, at least. ;)

:platinum: #407 (+ 100%): Burnout Paradise (PS3) (29/04/2019): This is a game I had wanted to play for quite a while as I had heard excellent things about it. I can see where Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 got its inspiration from now. However, as good as that game was, Burnout Paradise does things better and is more fun. It's definitely worthy of all the praise and has quickly become one of my all-time favorite racing games. The 100% is easy, straightforward, quick, and fun. It has a fair amount of online trophies (with the PS3 servers being shut down now), but I had a lot of fun doing those with @Honor_Hand and look forward to playing and doing the PS4 version with him at some point. \^o^/ Also, many thanks to @CypherNova139 for helping with the 8-player trophies! ^^

Awesome arcade racer indeed. Hoping to go after the PS4 version as well. Too bad Criterion won't probably give us another game in the series ever. This was the first Burnout title I ever played and man, I can't believe I missed so much of this series back in the day. It sure lives up to its reputation. ^_^

:platinum: #409: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (26/05/2019): This was my first flight simulator kind of game. Even though I had trouble getting used to the controls, I still enjoyed it and it was nice to play something different for a change. I went through pretty much the entirety of the trophy list with @Honor_Hand and enjoyed it a lot more that way. =D It's definitely more fun in co-op. ^_^ Shoutout to @CypherNova139 for coming to our aid when we really needed it. He helped us finish off our last remaining multiplayer trophies when we couldn't find any (reliable) people for them, so thanks again! =) If only I could find and get my hands on H.A.W.X. 2... I'd definitely like to play that one. =/

Longest airplane-related grind ever xxD Getting used to the controllers at first took a while but, yeah, it was an okay game, true. The multiplayer sure was long. Cypher was very kind in coming to our help for the last remaining trophies because some of our previous partners weren't exactly reliable. Here I'm hoping the grind on HAWX 2 isn't as long as this one was. ?

:platinum: #416: Two Worlds II (10/08/2019): AHHH, THIS GAME! BURN IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! Ahem... Yeah, another one of these games. \x_x/ Except that this one was not only frustrating, but also absolutely awful. D= Seriously, this is one of the worst games I've played in recent memory. It's just plain bad in every department: story, dialogue, combat, level design, graphics... you name it. And even worse, it has a bunch of co-op levels, and when you'd usually expect co-op to make things more fun, over here it's more frustrating. Huge thanks to @Honor_Hand for going through it with me. \^o^/ We still have a couple of DLC co-op levels to go through (my last trophy for the 100%). We'll get there... one day... x3 Actually... forget everything I've just said about this game. It has a Game of the Year Edition, so it's obviously an excellent game!

To think that I will have to come back to this after I get a new TV >.> Mocking the game with @cr1s sure was fun, but really, worst RPG ever. There's nothing redeeming about it, really. It's like, any aspect you can think of a game, this game just craps all over it. Don't worry @cr1s, I know we still have more pain to endure here on those co-op maps. Someday... we'll get back to it... someday... *hides the TW2 copy in his library*

So, to keep things short, I see you have a lot of events planned in the future. Best of luck to you in them. Happy to see you around here once again. It was a joy reading this new entry on your checklist. Looking forward to reading the next episode as well, which will hopefully provide more details on all the despair you're planning to take on. See you around! ;)

• Like 1

Another massive update from @cr1s, who is now switching towards a more show-like format for his checklists. That's a lot of dedication for a checklist right there. Seems like both him and @Monokuma will be heading now into a new and interesting format. Looking forward to what you two can make out of this new style. I can already see that the humorous interactions between the two are still there, so we're off to great start already.

Outro: The outroduction of each episode. Wait, "outroduction" really is a word?

No joke, I immediately Googled that to see if it was really a word xxD To my surprise, it was. xD 

I can ask that same question for you. :P Are you sure @Monokuma's on your side? :ninja: True that... But in the end, we both defeated @Monokuma in yet another failed attempt to make us give in to Despair! :highfive:

Yeah, true. :P I don't know for sure yet. I just know we both enjoy seeing @cr1s go through some despair every now and then. Maybe that's what makes us partners in crime. We both have the same goal at times. ;) The important part is that we both were able to conquer that despairful adventure. :D

That moment when you get the H.A.W.X. platinum and still haven't gotten used to the controls.

I know, right? ?

We'll see about that, @Monokuma. But yeah, this game...

tenor.gif

I lol'ed hard when I saw that GIF. I can truly share that sentiment with TW2. ??

Thank you for stopping by, @Honor_Hand! See you around! \^o^/

Try to stop by often during this season too!

Aye, will do. ^_^ Thanks to you two for hosting such a wonderful checklist.

Glad to see that you had quite the ripping fun time during these past few days. Whether if you were slashing or cooking, I'm sure them ninjas provided you with a great, bouncy, and plentiful great time. The games may be repetitive in nature but I can't wait myself to try them out. Too bad one of the recent titles got heavily censored on PlayStation, but at least there's plenty to do in all the games in general. Also, it's great that the games don't overstay their welcome. I mean, they're quick and simple but don't stay any longer than they need to. I can definitely appreciate that in any game.

All games in the series are censored on PlayStation, though - so no, you don't get to see that, that, or that.

You gotta be more specific on those "thatsss". :P Although, I may have a pretty good idea on them. Just 3, though? There are plenty of "thatsss" if you have an active enough imagination. :awesome:

And that covers my second Senran Kagura Rip-A-Ton! As I have a few more Senran Kagura stacks I can play, there will definitely be a third installment in the Rip-A-Ton series sometime next year! Here's where I currently stand with the Senran Kagura series:

DLaS6iA.png

1523757614760.png

U... pu... pu...

Excellent progress. Congrats on the many Platinums you have so far in the series. :D Looks like @Monokuma may be needing a cold drink after having to go through all that plot. I know how that is. The Internet also works great as far as releasing all that overheat. xD

:platinum:#418: Need for Speed: Undercover

1L6df2a1.png

Platinum Trophy
Platinum Trophy

Enjoyment: 4/10

Difficulty: 5/10

I feel you're being super generous with an enjoyment score of 4 there. xD But really, worst NFS game to date. I doubt even the most recent ones are this level of unpolished bad.

This doesn't even feel like "Need for Speed". I feel like I'm driving at half the speed I see on my screen, and the driving, handling, and drifting themselves feel wonky and iffy most of the time. Apart from that, the game also makes use of live-action cutscenes, which sounds cool, but the acting is so laughable and the camera work is so amateurish that I wish I could've skipped them... but of course, they don't let you do that.

Truth be told, the cheesy shitty live-action cutscenes reminded of Most Wanted 2005. The difference being that was an awesome game and that the cheesy cutscenes actually added to it. Here they are more like an icing on the shit cake, so to speak. And yes, not skippable. Probably the worst part.

I agree with that. I actually liked the soundtrack. It has some bands that I never expected to see in a racing game, and the selection of tracks and genres is good. I'm not sure what @Honor_Hand exactly means by "the genres were completely mismatched", but I'm pretty sure most racing games have this kind of soundtrack.

Sure, there were a number of rock and rap soundtracks that you would normally expect from this kind of games, but then there was also electronica and synthpop thrown in, which is not that common in racing games. For some reason, the developers also added a reggaeton and a flamenco soundtrack of all things. Couple all these with the weird ambient score used for the garage, and yeah, you have a weird mismatch of genres. The songs themselves weren't bad. It's just that is weird to drive to a piece of rocking music in the background, only to switch to electro in the middle and then finish the race with flamenco. Like man, what the hell? xD 

Yeah... no. The game was so aggravating that I had to buy the Boss Car DLC bundle in order to have some of the best cars in the game, which then led to most of the game being a breeze.

Wow, you clearly sucked at this game if you had to buy DLC cars to make it easier for you. *upupu*

Laugh all you want, I don't care. I didn't want to spend any more time on this game than necessary, and if buying DLC cars meant I could save some unnecessary frustration and time, so be it.

Lol What @Monokuma said. ?

Indeed. That vehicle for me was the Dodge Viper. It felt somewhat good driving it, and it's one of the very few things I liked about this game. Every event became very easy to dominate with it. Hell, I even dominated the Tri-City Run on my first try with it. Yeah, it's that good. It's one of the best cars in the game, after all... Dominating every event is pretty much what you'll be doing when going for the single player trophies. And as for the online multiplayer trophies:

I personally went Tier 4 --> Ford Escort Cosworth; Tier 3--> Mazda RX-7 (which sucked big time); Tier 2 --> Porsche 911 GT2 (awesome handling. It's on the cover art, use it); and Tier 1 --> McLaren F1 (great all-around vehicle). But yeah, it's a matter of finding the right car for you because all the vehicles here are extremely sensitive to turning and oversteer a lot. Like just a small movement of the analog stick could easily send your vehicle into the nearest wall. >.<

It wasn't that bad and went fairly quickly, as I did the 2-player trophies with none other than @Honor_Hand. \^o^/ @CypherNova139 helped us with the 8-player trophies and saved us the headache of looking for 6 more people. Thank you for the help once again, you guys!

You're welcome! ^_^

I noticed you're up and ready for a Gal*Gun Marathon. Yeah, I know what those reasons are. x3 Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them. I personally imported the PS3 copy of the original Gal*Gun from Japan a long time ago, so I might be looking to start that one soon as well now that you'll be playing yours. That, if of course, I can have a new TV by the time you get there. You know how that is. Not gonna be able to enjoy all that HD plot in a standard CRT lmao. xxD

You know, "The Worst, Most Despair-Inducing Event in the History of Mankind!" sounds pretty grand. I'd have added perhaps a couple more exclamation marks. @Monokuma is quite a genius bear as far as naming things goes, I must say. From reading that special announcement I can see that @cr1s will be back at another despairful extravaganza by attempting to complete all the Danganronpa stacks. A mighty goal indeed, especially considering the language barrier present in the Asian titles. Plenty of Despair to be had for sure if you don't know what the hell you're doing or reading. Although, judging by his experience on previous titles, I can say he'll be able to go through those with ease.

Best of luck to you @cr1s during your Danganronpa marathon. ;)

Wish I could collaborate with @Monokuma in some way. :hmm: Hmm, oh. I got it. Maybe we can look forward to finishing TW2 halfway through your marathon. O_O

Edited by Honor_Hand
  • Like 1