Despair Checklist: cr1s' Test

cr1s

Oh my, talk about an exceedingly long hibernation process. Almost 3 years since the last update. Looks like @Monokuma can surely give other regular bears a run for their money when it comes to laziness hibernation. Great to see such an interesting checklist being brought from the abyss. Always enjoyed seeing MonoKuma's antics and his constant torturing of test subject @cr1s.

Why, I remember I was a staunch supporter of some of those torture devices lovely games we both played in the past. Now, a few years have passed since then, and I'm sure @Monokuma will surely appreciate new despair-inducing great games to be tested by @cr1s once more. That as soon as he can be found, of course. I wonder where exactly is he hiding. I know I'll be hiding too if I saw this checklist being revived again. xxD

It wasn't all despair back then (thankfully...) As I remember many other great games, including those of the fanservice variety were heavily played by the test subject here. So there was definitely ample amounts of "hope" to this checklist too. Looking forward to seeing how things will progress from here. =D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Always enjoyed seeing the @cr1s & @Monokuma duo posts. x3

You've been doing great work on improving your rarity status with all the UR games you've been playing lately, Cr1s. ^^ Had a good time checking your stats there as both you and @Monokuma went over them. Some more really despairful games and you should be able to go below 40% there. And would you know it, I have some great candidates for you there. 83 Not the Milestone tofu we've been boosting. Oh no, there are lots of more painful games there to fill your profile with. I've been taking it easy this year due to having to pull off extra work, but just you wait. 8D

Looking forward to seeing Stormrise and Naughty Bear completed. I myself have to get back to this last one too. Methinks @Monokuma would be an excellent character to play in this Naughty Bear game. It's a shame this game involves another type of naughtiness and not the type of naugty bears we have in mind, but oh well, it's probably better that way. x3

Also, Arcana Heart 3 and BattleFantasia look like mighty good candidates to complete too for this season. From what I've heard from other PSNP'ers here that went through the same torture of BattleFantasia, it's not THAT hard. xxD

Look forward to the return of MonoLicia! Or is it FeliKuma? I still can't decide on the better name, but both are equally despairful!

I definitely like FeliKuma more. But I gotta admit, both sound equally despairful indeed. x3

Will rep up as soon as I get that recharged. ^^ Talk about a despairful thing to experience on this website. ^^;;

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3: Episode 2 - "Santa Kuma's Coming to Town!"

Welcome to another episode of Despair Checklist, aka The Universe's Most Despairful Show! I'm your host @cr1s, along with @Monokuma who will be here very shortly! December is upon us, and it looks like the festive season will be filled with Despair - no wonder when those 2 words share their first 2 letters. What does @Monokuma have in store for me? Is Santa Kuma really coming to town, and what does that entail? Find out in today's episode!

You better freak out

You better not fly

You better not hope

I'm telling you why

Santa Kuma's coming to town!

You hear me, all you fake Santas? Don't you dare fly and spread your fake hope during the holiday season! Santa Kuma is the only real Santa in the universe!

But Santa doesn't exist, or so they say.

Who the hell dares say such a foolish thing? A good look at me is enough to disprove that nonsensical theory! Would you look at all those despairful presents? I can't wait to deliver them, and you'll be the first to receive one, my dear @cr1s! *upupu* I have my reinbear at the ready too, courtesy of my little sister Monomi! Who said she can't be useful sometimes? Oh, but that's not all as I asked 2 of my Ultimate Helpers to set up and decorate MonoPlex's Christmas tree! BEHOLD-

1021fa9f98cead793d3a9dc488ed22f6c10094b2r1-1069-1146v2_hq.jpgaEk1kdb.png

Wha- Hey, I told you buffoons to decorate the MonoTree, not your own selves! Begone, you useless bums! Ahem, apologies for this "technical incident", everyone. I'm sure our MonoTree will be up by Christmas...

That moment when your own Ultimate Helpers don't help you like they're supposed to... But hey, "technical incident". ?

Oh, they'll get their punishment shortly... and so will you, my dear @cr1s. *upupu* In fact- wait, who's she?

I thought you'd never ask! As part of the holiday season, we will feature a special guest in each of our Christmas-themed episodes! Today's special guest is Azusa Nakano from K-ON! She's here and ready to rock! But first, let's welcome our only Ultimate Guest of the episode, @Honor_Hand!

On 11/24/2022 at 9:40 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Always enjoyed seeing the @cr1s & @Monokuma duo posts. x3

I'm happy to know that! I feel like we're a double act, with me as the stooge and @Monokuma as the comic. ?

What am I, a joke to you? You're the joke here!

And would you know it, I have some great candidates for you there. 83 Not the Milestone tofu we've been boosting. Oh no, there are lots of more painful games there to fill your profile with. I've been taking it easy this year due to having to pull off extra work, but just you wait. 8D

Yes! YES! Now that's music to my ears! *upupu intensifies* As I was about to say before our special guest entered the studio, I have a special announcement to make! Are you all ready for this?

As recommended by @Honor_Hand and approved by yours truly, @cr1s shall play Death Track: Resurrection, aka The Most Despairful Racing Game, as his first punishment! What are you grinning at, @Honor_Hand? There are online trophies in that game and you're gonna help @cr1s with them, which means you'll get to play the game too! Lookie here, a Double Despair combo! AHHHH-HAHAHAHA!

Holy hell, Death Track: Resurrection... This (holiday) season is off to a very despairful start already! ? But hey, at least @Honor_Hand will play the game too, so I won't be suffering alone with that one! ? And that's not all, as @Monokuma is cheekily making me play other Gaijin Entertainment games as well. I wouldn't have started Birds of Steel and Anarchy: Rush Hour otherwise. No wonder Skydive: Proximity Flight and Apache: Air Assault made my way into my backlog, @Monokuma planted them there! Gaijin Entertainment? More like Gaijin Despairtainment! ?

Looking forward to seeing Stormrise and Naughty Bear completed. I myself have to get back to this last one too. Methinks @Monokuma would be an excellent character to play in this Naughty Bear game. It's a shame this game involves another type of naughtiness and not the type of naugty bears we have in mind, but oh well, it's probably better that way. x3

I know, right? Such a pity. I should've totally been the main character in that game, especially with that costume!

Blog%2032%20-%20I%20refuse.png

Also, Arcana Heart 3 and BattleFantasia look like mighty good candidates to complete too for this season. From what I've heard from other PSNP'ers here that went through the same torture of BattleFantasia, it's not THAT hard. xxD

Shh, don't-

Oh, those 2 games are definitely in the pipeline for my dear @cr1s. *upupu*

1008-10080289_ibuki-sticker-danganronpa-ibuki-mioda-sprites.png

Jeez, I need to let it out after hearing about all that despair... Ah, Ibuki Mioda from Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair is here just in time. Double the guitars, double the hope! Don't mind what the naughty bear just said, Ibuki. It'll be fine! Azusa, Ibuki, you two ready? Let's rock!

54eb0381fc77070f2bb74cea19a943e5.giftumblr_p036zkdh5t1waan1ho7_540.gif

Phew, I feel much better now. Gotta manufacture all the hope I can! You know, I've been thinking... This war between Hope and Despair needs a soundtrack. It wouldn't feel as exciting without some kickass instrumental music in the background, right? As such, the instrumental version of Manufactured Hope by Fear Factory shall constitute the first track. It's a banging opener with an appropriate title, isn't it?

Have all the manufactured hope you want, there's no stopping the amount of genuine despair that will come your way. AHHHH-HAHAHAHA!

We'll see how that goes. Thanks for stopping by, @Honor_Hand! And now, it's time for some trophy hunting updates!

:platinum: #640 - Titanfall 2

1L8f9b2f.png

Mark of the Advocate
Earned all trophies

Game Enjoyment: 8.5/10

Platinum Difficulty: 5/10

Despair-O-Meter: Moderate

If you remember, last time @Monokuma challenged me to complete Titanfall 2. Well, it wasn't that much of a challenge, but still a decent and fun one. Said challenge is divided into 2 parts: The Gauntlet and Master difficulty (if done without the exploit, which I did). Let's start with the former. The Becomes the Master trophy is the most difficult one in the game, as it requires you to land a Top 3 spot in the Gauntlet scoreboard - in other words, beat the time of 33.65 seconds. The good news is that it's a short gauntlet; however, the tricky part is performing a smooth run from start to finish, as there's bearly any room for error. The trophy took me around 3 hours: the first one was getting used to the controls (and grabbing that EPG, a much-needed weapon for the Gauntlet as it gives you some leniency with the aiming), the second one was going through the Gauntlet and finding a route that clicked with me, and the third one was practicing said route until I finally nailed it. And when I did, this was my resulting run:

I liked the fast-paced nature of it, and it reminded me a little of Mirror's Edge (third game when, EA?). As for Master difficulty, you die in a few shots while on foot so the general idea is to take it slow and steady. That said, you have a cloaking ability that makes you invisible for several seconds, which can allow you to get out of a tight spot, surprise kill some enemies, or even help you run to the next checkpoint (as risky as it sounds, it can pay off sometimes). The game features a great and balanced mix of gameplay styles, what with the shooting, parkour/platforming, and mech combat. There's a good variety of weapons and Titans, and I certainly had fun experimenting with them. The story is nothing to write home about, but the character interaction between Cooper and BT was a treat with some amusing dialogue here and there. All in all, Titanfall 2 is a unique and fun game with a fairly challenging platinum. Highly and strongly recommended!

You know what this game really needed? MonoTitans! Just imagine them running amok and causing havoc all over the place. *upupu* So it wasn't much of a despairful platinum after all. Oh, I see you got another platinum!

:platinum: #641 - Ride (PS4)

1L647187.png

Born to RIDE
Unlock all trophies

Game Enjoyment: 6.5/10

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

Despair-O-Meter: Traditional

♫ Booooorn to beee nauuuuughtyyy! 

That's not even how the song goes!

Oh, I know. The platinum title reminded me of it, and I decided to have my take on it. Customizing song lyrics to fit my personality is always fun! *upupu* But yeah, yet another Milestone game! I had fun unleashing my MonoAntics on @cr1s and making him lose all but one race against @Honor_Hand while they were boosting the online trophies. Too bad I fell asleep during that one race - it was his last online race, and he won it AND popped the platinum trophy! *grr*

Ha, that's what you get for your lack of sleep! It was a great finisher, that last race! Well, there's not much to talk about here. If you've played a Milestone game, you've played them all (or at least most of them). Their games are still decent breaks from other kinds of games and I do intend to platinum as many Milestone games as possible, but none of them are particularly great from what I've played so far. I've heard their games have gotten better in the last few years though, so here's hoping. Also, regarding that "Traditional" Despair-O-Meter rating, it refers to the Milestone Tradition, a term that @Honor_Hand and I have coined and use whenever a Milestone game gets glitchy (and let me tell you, that happens fairly often ?). I foresee that rating in every Milestone game. Gotta stay consistently janky! ?

Some other trophy hunting updates:

• I've gone back to Ragnarok Odyssey and finally beat Monkeh thanks to the tips here and a few hours of patience and perseverance. It felt a little easier solo than it did in co-op but was still challenging. The rest of the game wasn't too bad solo either. All that remains is the Cardcore trophy and yeah, that's a despairful grind. That's not surprising though, since these kinda games usually have this sort of grind for the platinum. Gotta love JRPGs and their despairful grinds! *upupu*
  • I've gone back to the PS3 version of WRC 3 and am going through Road To Glory right now. What do you know, another Milestone game! I'm paying close attention and backing up my save file after every session due to a potential glitch that can affect one of the trophies. It's thankfully easy to avoid but still, never underestimate Milestone Traditions (and @Monokuma)! Hey, what did I do?
  • I've gone back to Project CARS and went for the 24-hour race and Exorcist trophy, meaning I'm done with all the online trophies in this game! This method for the Exorcist trophy is a godsend, lol. It worked on the second try for me. A 24-hour race, huh? It must've been extremely despairful to last through such a long- wait, you can idle it? That's so lame!

I'm getting extremely close to a 96% completion rate! Only 0.04% until-

73a3bd6a8a85bf391d359b7ce4c885fa.gif

NOT SO FAST! You thought you'd have an easy cruise to that 96% completion rate, huh? Well, guess what? @Monokuma is gonna throw some games at you. Hey @CypherNova139, start up the PS3 Farm! It's time to unleash the zombear outbreak! *upupu intensifies*

Whoa, the PS3 Farm! I haven't seen it in a looong time. It's always a big help, though. And yes, cheeky @Monokuma is starting to throw games at me now. Let's see... Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Anarchy: Rush Hour. And of course, Death Track: Resurrection coming up soon. So that's 3 games in a short amount of time. Well, at least Resident Evil: ORC sounds like a decent game. ? Speaking of that first, almost all of the online trophies only require 2 people (which I can self-boost). There are 2 online trophies, however, that require 5 people (Fallen Idols related to the Heroes mode and Supreme Survivors related to the Survivors mode) - and that's where @CypherNova139 helped me. They seemed like your typical PvP trophies but with 5 players at first glance; however, @Monokuma thought that was too boring and decided to unleash his horde of zombears at us, thus turning those trophies into co-op survival ones! That said, @CypherNova139 and I persevered and got them done within about an hour. Each one took us 2 tries, and that included getting used to the controls, modes, and boosting setups. @CypherNova139 used 3 alts to help me and thankfully, it wasn't hard to manage despite the co-op survival aspect. Fallen Idols was the trickier trophy as the player getting the trophy has to kill all 4 Heroes by himself, meaning it doesn't count if any of them is killed by zombears (which happened during my first try, where a sneaky zombear got the last hit on the last Hero). Supreme Survivors was very straightforward thanks to the fact that, unlike what the PST.org trophy guide states, you can die as many times as you want and still get the trophy. So yeah, you can basically just sit there and stay dead until the chopper arrives, then respawn and get to tha choppa ASAP. It still took me 2 tries because my alt's controller (my main PS4 controller) was apparently bugged and wouldn't let me hold the X button all the way through so I could enter the chopper. @CypherNova139's third alt replaced my alt in the second match and we easily got it. Big thanks to @CypherNova139 for helping me with the 5-player trophies and recording our successful tries! Here they are if anyone feels like watching them. It's always fun watching videos of boosting sessions you took part in!

The moral of the story is: never underestimate a naughty bear like @Monokuma, for he always has something nasty planned for you.

Indeed I do! That's why you're my preferred test subject, because you never mind all my despairful antics! *upupu*

Finally, we have Anarchy: Rush Hour. Nothing really worth mentioning here. You just need to get 5 wins in each of the 3 multiplayer modes for the online portion of that game. It only takes a little time to do, unlike the 50 online wins in Death Track: Resurrection that will take longer.

Well, that's it for this episode of Despair Checklist. Thanks for tuning in, everyone. See you all soon for the next episode!

Wait a minute, what's NFS: Hot Pursuit doing here?

Oh, this is gonna be so much fun! See you all next time!

funky-monokuma-dance.gif

Edited by cr1s
Look at me, I can do pirouettes too!
  • Like 3

*soundtrack video is unavailable* *upupu intensifies*

3 hours ago, cr1s said:

as there's bearly any room for error.

i see what you did there.......

No, I directed @cr1s to say that despairful pun! *upupu*

Um... ok. Anyways, back to the rest of reply.
I'm glad that I ...

*by I you mean me, Monokuma!* 
No, I mean mysel...
*No, you totally meant to say me!* 
No, I said @CypherNova139! damn f*ing zombears

*I heard *that*! Your punishment for that foul antics shall be to experience my Despairful MonoAntics!*

...Whatever. I did buy some Danganronpa games in the last PS sal...
*You must stop and play those games as your punishment right now!* *upupu intensifies*

Yea... whatever mono. I can't bear this conversation anymore...

*upupu! My despair intensifies!*

Shut up monokuma. Anyways glad to offer my support  with the PS3 farm once more in the fight against the zombears!
(thanks @cr1s for sharing the videos!)

What I found most interesting on this boost is the survivors trophy unlock itself. It should unlock at the exact same time for everyone in the team as the cutscene (and therefore trophy) trigger plays simultaneously for all players, yet the trophy unlocks for my 3 PS3s were out-of-sync. The only thing I can think of is slight hardware differences causing more
upupu in the zombear-like PS3 OS.
In the video (starting at 11:10) you can see the fastest trophy unlock in the video is the bottom left console, then top left soon after, then a couple seconds later the bottom right.
The bottom left console is a CECHG01 running an
SSD, Top left is a CECH-2501A running a SSD, bottom right is a CECH-3001A using a HDD.

I think this trophy unlock result objectifies what ThaRixer's video breakdown on Sly 2 speedruns explained about that game's loading times; it seems the speed of the XMB is affected by console model and SSD usage. It seems early "fat" models (A-K) are faster at quitting game than later fats and slims.
While the video talks about the time it takes to quit a game, by nature the same concepts mentioned should also affect the speed of other OS functions like Trophies.

*upupu intensifies* *upupu intensifies* *upupu intensifies* *upupu intensifies* *upupu intensifies*

Ok ok a bit of a technical tangent and weird conclusions but one I found kind of interesting. Just, uh, don't share these notes with @Monokuma, we don't need to find out what he could do with all that info. *upupu intensifies*

Now, I must find more games cr1s can boost with many PS3s to derail his completion rate!

That is quite the naughty bea...

Ah that's it! I must make @cr1s play Naughty Bear! *upupu intensifies*

Oh dear, I'm going to end this reply before he gets any more ideas.
Monokuma is still in Hot Pursuit of cr1s

• Like 3

I'm really feeling the spirit of the season after this latest episode! Christmas music, dudes cosplaying Christmas trees, and Azunyan cutely rocking out in a Santa costume? 'Tis indeed the weeby season. @Monokuma as Santa Kuma is nice too, I suppose.

10 hours ago, cr1s said:

And that's not all, as @Monokuma is cheekily making me play other Gaijin Entertainment games as well. I wouldn't have started Birds of Steel and Anarchy: Rush Hour otherwise. No wonder Skydive: Proximity Flight and Apache: Air Assault made my way into my backlog, @Monokuma planted them there! Gaijin Entertainment? More like Gaijin Despairtainment! 1f636.png

Gaijin Entertainment briefly caught my attention. I can't say I'm terribly interested in most of their catalog, but both X-Blades and Blades of Time have been in consideration for reasons immediately apparent the moment you see the main characters of both games.

10 hours ago, cr1s said:

If you remember, last time @Monokuma challenged me to complete Titanfall 2. Well, it wasn't that much of a challenge, but still a decent and fun one. Said challenge is divided into 2 parts: The Gauntlet and Master difficulty (if done without the exploit, which I did). Let's start with the former. The Becomes the Master trophy is the most difficult one in the game, as it requires you to land a Top 3 spot in the Gauntlet scoreboard - in other words, beat the time of 33.65 seconds. The good news is that it's a short gauntlet; however, the tricky part is performing a smooth run from start to finish, as there's bearly any room for error. The trophy took me around 3 hours: the first one was getting used to the controls (and grabbing that EPG, a much-needed weapon for the Gauntlet as it gives you some leniency with the aiming), the second one was going through the Gauntlet and finding a route that clicked with me, and the third one was practicing said route until I finally nailed it. And when I did, this was my resulting run:

@Monokuma proved himself useful by bringing you back to Titanfall 2. Great job, bear! Three hours for the Gauntlet is very good; it took me ten despairful hours to finally get it done, but I had to come to grips with a lot mechanics that were new to me. You mentioned having played Mirror's Edge, and it sounds like that experience came in handy. ?

10 hours ago, cr1s said:

I liked the fast-paced nature of it, and it reminded me a little of Mirror's Edge (third game when, EA?). As for Master difficulty, you die in a few shots while on foot so the general idea is to take it slow and steady. That said, you have a cloaking ability that makes you invisible for several seconds, which can allow you to get out of a tight spot, surprise kill some enemies, or even help you run to the next checkpoint (as risky as it sounds, it can pay off sometimes). The game features a great and balanced mix of gameplay styles, what with the shooting, parkour/platforming, and mech combat. There's a good variety of weapons and Titans, and I certainly had fun experimenting with them. The story is nothing to write home about, but the character interaction between Cooper and BT was a treat with some amusing dialogue here and there. All in all, Titanfall 2 is a unique and fun game with a fairly challenging platinum. Highly and strongly recommended!

Master Difficulty really shook up my usual approach to what otherwise would have been a rather standard FPS campaign. I like to go slow and stealthy in FPS, but that was getting me creamed in Titanfall 2, so I found myself gunning it for the next checkpoint in a lot of cases, as you mentioned - lol. Like you said, the campaign's story overall is kind of whatever, but the interactions between Cooper and BT really made the experience. The distinct personalities of the game's bosses were also a treat, especially Viper - that guy was loaded with meme-worthy quotes. I would also highly and strongly recommend the game to others.

10 hours ago, cr1s said:

It's always fun watching videos of boosting sessions you took part in!

I know nothing about Operation Raccoon City, so this was my first time actually seeing the game in action. This sort of online zombie co-op'ery looks like something that would have been a lot of fun back in its day, but I'm sure the online is dead as a doornail at this point. Still looks pretty interesting, though. Not sure I'd play it myself, considering the 4-player trophies, but I'll do some research on it in the future. 

Also, the names of the alt accounts that appeared in that video gave me a good chuckle. I can tell what purpose those alts were originally created to serve, despite their help with popping these online trophies. ?

• Like 2

A great read for sure. It seems both Cr1s & Monokuma are ready to kick off a most despairful holiday Christmas together. What with these dudes cosplaying as Christmas trees (their hair really does lend very well to that I gotta admit x3) and Cr1s donning a lovely Christmas Azu-nyan themed avatar. Pretty sure we all here are in agreement of her being best K-On! girl. Noo doubt about it.

Anyway, awesome completions! Certainly wasn't expecting to be roped into DTR this soon myself. x3 Like, I was introduced to this game recently and told it was one of the biggest trainwrecks out there when it comes to racing games. Even worse than Anarchy: Rush Hour, which in itself is one of the crappiest racing games I've played in my entire life. So if DTR is even worse than that, then holy fuck, we're set for quite a time with that one. My plan was to just nicely nudge Cr1s into it Patches-style, but well, I ended up falling through the same hole and now I have to play this crapfest too. x3 I'm sure it's going to be quite an experience. \8D/

Now, Gaijin Entertainment has published some, uh, interesting titles out there. I've heard both Birds of Steel and IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey are quite good, actually. No idea about Apache: Air Assault. X-Blades and Blades of Time are titles I've always been interested in trying out. Well, Blades of Time not so much because it kinda looks like horseshit, but X-Blades does look fun with its "janky anime Lara Croft" antics. That's probably the best way the game has been described to me. Too bad finding a copy of it in decent condition is almost impossible nowadays. ^^;;

That Despair-O-Meter there from Monokuma was a great touch. Hopefully, we can make it go into overdrive soon. 8D And Milestone's games being "Traditional" in that rank definitely make a whole lot of sense. The "tradition" is always strong in their games after all.

Glad to see you managed to beat that fuckin' Monkeh fight in Ragnarok Odyssey too. Talk about an absurd difficulty spike in Ragnarok Odyssey. The game is fun, though. Will certainly use those tips you shared there if I ever go back to it. x3

Wait a minute, what's NFS: Hot Pursuit doing here?

xxD

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Season 3: Episode 2.5 - "Merry Christmas, All You Naughty Punks!"

CzhV1aDUcAEUST2.jpg

Despair Bells, Despair Bells

Despair all the way

Everyone's going to hide

From the bear who's coming their way

Wait, who the hell tampered with that banner? It's supposed to carry a message of despair, not hope! I bet it's that sneaky little @cr1s. Oh, he's having his "happy" holiday season alright! *upupu*

Greetings, everyone! @Monokuma here for a special minisode of The Most Despairful Show! Wuzzat? Did you know I was coming your way? I bet you didn't expect me to have my cute little cubs with me though, did you? Well, Papa Kuma is being a good father by showing the young 'uns how to spread despair! After all- Hey now, get out of the way, kids. Don't bother Papa Kuma while he's- That does it. GO PLAY OUTSIDE, YOU USELESS CUBS!

Kids these days... Anyway, you may be wondering why @cr1s isn't with me today. Ah, don't worry. He hasn't escaped or anything. He's still here in MonoPlex! But even a test subject needs his time off during holidays. That's why I've allowed him to chill and rest for the holiday... BY MAKING HIM GRIND ZENI IN DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ! What, did you think I'd just let him laze around and do nothing? That's not how it works here! You should've seen the look on his face when I told him he'd be grinding Zeni for the holiday. *upupu* I actually did try to convince him to come to the studio for our Christmas special - he's the co-star of the show, after all! But he was so immersed in his Zeni grinding and only had this to say: "Paws off, @Monokuma!" Don't say I didn't try!

What's a Zeni, you may wonder? Don't you worry, I was just about to explain that... right after this commercial break! Ah, how I've missed this part of the show...

37kurtys31761.jpg?auto=webp&s=d3d3e83f5c28f5d560121281a5b0c0b6bddefe11

*start break*

Have you been a nice kid this year? You have? Well, guess what? No Christmas present for you! Only those who have achieved Ultimate Naughtiness can receive the brand new MonoStation 6 console before it's out! Check your Naughtiness rating now, and apply for the MonoStation 6 to be delivered to your house by midnight! Oh, and make sure to leave some honey and pancakes on your dinner table. Santa Kuma says they're of the utmost necessity. Enjoy your holiday even more with the brand new MonoStation 6 before it's out this winter - if you're naughty enough, that is!

*end break*

tzaqg35lkh621.jpg?auto=webp&s=df1511439677f3a63620e53bac0261878168e1d6

What do you all think of that MonoTree ornament? Very despairful, isn't it? *upupu*

Welcome back, everyone! It's time to explain the most despairful aspect of Dragon Ball FighterZ's trophy list - the Zeni grind! One trophy requires you to earn 20,000,000 Zeni in the game - that's right, 20 MILLION ZENI! It sounds despairful, right? Well, it would've been if not for those login events and the exploit that lets you farm them! In fact, there's one right now where you can login and get 100,000 Zeni per day until the end of the year! And as if it's not easy enough to avoid messing up the exploit, you can try again the next day in case you do mess it up! I've been timing @cr1s while he's doing the exploit and he's been averaging around 1,000,000 Zeni each 20 minutes. A quick calculation shows he only needs around 7 hours to do the entire Zeni grind. That's much less than the 40-odd hours it takes to do it the normal way... Dammit ArcSys, how come you never fixed this exploit? Not long until he finishes it now... he'll be sure to describe his experience in the next episode.

Hmm, let's see... we still have a little time. Oh, I know! I can do the Ultimate Guests segment! First off- hey, who are you and WHY ARE YOU EATING MY CHRISTMAS LUNCH?

tumblr_p9feyj5zxb1v4u49oo1_500.gif

HO, HO, HO! You thought I wouldn't show up today, huh? Meet today's special guest - Lina Inverse from the Slayers series! At 999 bites per minute, she's the universe's fastest eater, having won all the speed eating competitions across the universe and making her the perfect character for my little revenge plot!

What do you mean, "revenge plot"? HEY, LEAVE THAT HONEY AND THOSE PANCAKES ALONE! I WAS SAVING THEM ALL UP FOR DINNER!

Upupu, there's your taste of despair for the holiday, @Monokuma. That's what you get for making me grind Zeni on Christmas Day! And by the way, that's not everything I said! Here's the full recording: "Paws off, @Monokuma! I'll show up when I'm done with the Zeni grind!" You didn't think I'd be done with it so soon though, did you? *upupu intensifies*

Why, you little... GET BACK HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT!

AHHHH-HAHAHAHA! Thanks for tuning in and Merry Christmas, everyone! See you all soon!

Edited by cr1s
I'll get you for that disgraceful video too! YOU DIDN'T EVEN GET THE YEAR RIGHT!
  • Like 3

Lol at the video being of a previous Christmas. xxD

Fair to say @cr1s is now an expert at overturning Monokuma's shenanigans back at him. What with being able to reduce that Zeni grind to a "measly" 7-hour effort. I mean, yeah, he had to do it during Christmas, but when you compare it to the 2-month AFK grind method to reach 20 million, well, the benefits are more clearly noticeable. Sadly, I was supposed to take part in this grind too, but since I recently installed a new SSD on my console, I have to re-download all of my games again, Dragon Ball FighterZ included. This is particularly despairful with Venezuela's internet. I'm sure no one will ever have a more despairful internet than me. x3

A short fun but fun Christmas episode. @cr1s may be thinking he managed to get away with this exploit here in DBZ, but oh boy, oh boy, just you wait! He'll be suffering a lot for New Year's Eve with Death Track Resurrection. \8D/

• Like 3

On 12/25/2022 at 11:54 AM, cr1s said:

Have you been a nice kid this year? You have? Well, guess what? No Christmas present for you! Only those who have achieved Ultimate Naughtiness can receive the brand new MonoStation 6 console before it's out! Check your Naughtiness rating now, and apply for the MonoStation 6 to be delivered to your house by midnight! Oh, and make sure to leave some honey and pancakes on your dinner table. Santa Kuma says they're of the utmost necessity. Enjoy your holiday even more with the brand new MonoStation 6 before it's out this winter - if you're naughty enough, that is!

Not sure I've been naughty enough for a MonoStation 6; I'll have to check my Gelbooru history. I wonder what the MonoStation ecosystem even looks like. Any MonoTrophies? So many questions, and so few answers from @Monokuma.

Hmm, let's see... we still have a little time. Oh, I know! I can do the Ultimate Guests segment! First off- hey, who are you and WHY ARE YOU EATING MY CHRISTMAS LUNCH?

tumblr_p9feyj5zxb1v4u49oo1_500.gif

I'm just mesmerized with the way the poultry instantly regenerates after being bitten. If Lina can handle an infinite buffet, she's more than suited for an eating competition.

Upupu, there's your taste of despair for the holiday, @Monokuma. That's what you get for making me grind Zeni on Christmas Day! And by the way, that's not everything I said! Here's the full recording: "Paws off, @Monokuma! I'll show up when I'm done with the Zeni grind!" You didn't think I'd be done with it so soon though, did you? *upupu intensifies*

Nice job getting through all 20,000,000 of that ridiculous Zeni grind, and an even nicer job giving @Monokuma a taste of his own stuff!

• Like 3