Platinum easier or more difficult

sona_11

Yakuza 0 is easier in my opinion. If you can do the car chase on legend in Kiwami you have nothing to worry about. But be ready to invest twice as much time as Yakuza 0 takes a lot longer to complete.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sona_11 said:

Hello 

I just got the platinum for Yakuza Kiwami and I was wondering, is Yakuza 0 has harder or easier platinum comparing it with Kiwami in term of : 

Legend

Car chase

Mini-games

Climax battle  

Yakuza 0 is slightly easier and most parts are difficult. Depends on what it is.

Legend 6/10

Car Chase 7/10

Mini Games 6/10

Climax Battle 8/10

• Like 3

Got the platinum overall i felt like i was never in trouble except for the legendary car chase, 

But you are going to waste so much with the mini games and you are going to have to look for the sidequests aswell...

So i'd say be prepared for although an easy but atleast a 100+hours due to the minigames

• Like 1

I'd say they're about the same difficulty. The things that will probably require more effort than Kiwami's counterpart is Climax Battles, Mahjong and Legend difficulty (Since you can't play NG+ on Legend this time, but even then it's not hard if prepare and such), and as said, it's more time consuming. But if you platinum Kiwami, then you shouldn't have much problem.

I'm surprised see people saying Kiwami is harder than 0, I think Kiwami is probably a tad bit easier.

• Like 3

I would also say that Kiwami is easier in difficulty and not as time consuming as Zero.

For Legend you Need to start a new game without any Progress from the previous playthrough. 

Climax battle were a joke in Kiwami and for Zero there are some taff challenges.

For Mini Games it´s harder because you have no cheat items and most People can´t Play Mahjong which is necessary for the completion Points in Zero 

Car chase is not harder then in Kiwami but you don´t get through a Boss battle to start this part.

All that said you should definitely Play Zero because it´s just such a great game. If you like Kiwami you will love Zero.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the tips, it was really helpful. I don’t really mind the long hours I spend on a game as long as I enjoy it. The most things that annoyed me in Kiwami was Harkua’s request and Climax battle but everything else was ok. 

I actually played Zero in my other account and I really love it, that’s why I want to get the platinum. I think I’ll check climax battle for Zero and see for myself 

Edited by sona_11

• 4 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 5:44 AM, ZireaelSan said:

Got the platinum overall i felt like i was never in trouble except for the legendary car chase, 

But you are going to waste so much with the mini games and you are going to have to look for the sidequests aswell...

So i'd say be prepared for although an easy but atleast a 100+hours due to the minigames

I've not yet got the platinum but on my very first playthrough on hard setting and doing all the completion requirements before even taking on climax battles, my game time shown as 144hrs. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

for myself this is a definite 10/10 … some minigames are near impossible for me to complete. learned mahjong but still can't get the right tiles. Even on easy i get squashed most of the time by the ai. Second, i understand the baseball game but can't get six or more good batting efforts. Third, the dancehall minigame is just too much. Got everything except "Queen of Passion", "Gonna make her mine" and "Gonna take you home" on hard. The sequences are just too fast for me. Finally, space harrier is just a shit game

Since over a year i'm stuck a 97% and sometimes install Zero and try again but feel like i won't ever get the platinum

124h so far but i guess this would be even more since i haven't saved all my failures

Edited by BDRick35
  • Like 1

Yakuza 0 is harder on legend since you cant do it in new game plus, still i find it quite easy

Clímax battle also harder in 0, in kiwami it took me a couple of hours to complete but in 0 there some really Hard ones that got me stuck, also 0 has more minigames and more story time so i would say it could take double the time of kiwami to platinum 

• 7 months later...

All in all I think, 0 is a bit easier than Kiwami.

The car chase in Kiwami was a nightmare, the Legend Run in 0 was relatively easy, if you farm money from Mr. Shakedown and get the Zap Gun in Chapter 3 (save shortly before incoming report). I even finished the car chase here 1st try.

The Climax Battles were about the same difficulty in 0 and Kiwami, maybe also a bit easier here.

The Minigames are a bit harder, especially Dancing, Baseball and Fantasy Zone. Also 0 is much more time consuming (alone the Catfight Trophy took some time). But this also depends on whether you had played other parts before or not. I already platinumed Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and 6, so I had not much troubles with Mahjongg or other japanese luck games, where Newcomers maybe have a bad start with (like I had in Kiwami).

Also I needed 144 h for the 100% run (some idle hours, due to reals estate and breaks), 20 h for the legend run (can also work faster) and maybe 7-8 hours (with breaks) for the Climax Battles.

So about 170 h in total.

Edited by xXK-oZXx
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, StarFoxMania said:

It's easy. Some people don't know this yet but in Yakuza's Mahjong, when it's your turn to draw a tile, you ALWAYS press SQUARE before your press anything else. Nothing to lose and everything to gain by pressing square. The game will calculate a Richii better than you. When you have multiple choices of what tile to discard last before calling Richii, by pressing square the game will show you how many tiles of each possible Ron or Tsumo outcome are remaining. It's not always a good idea to discard the tile that gives you the highest odds of winning, and here's why:

Let's say if you discard tile A, the game shows you 8 tiles from 3 different suits that are still remaining in the game to give you Ron or Tsumo. And if you discard tile B, only 1 or 2 tiles can give you Ron/Tsumo. You would think that it's a no brainer to discard A vs. B, but you'd be very wrong because it's far more likely that your A.I opponents are holding onto the many tiles that can give you Ron, whereas when it's just one or 2 tiles that can give you the win, they WILL discard it. It's a useless tile to them, but gold to you!

First thing you do at the beginning of each round, is check your seat wind and the house wind tiles. Unless you're going for some crazy hand like 13 orphans (which I strongly recommend against, as the game will never let you have those hands, even when you're truly close to it), then holding onto any of the other 2 wind tiles is worthless. Discard the other 2 (or 3) wind tiles immediately. I say "or 3" because when your seat wind and house wind is the same, you will have 3 useless wind tiles instead of 2. Even if you're building a pure outside hand with only terminal and honor tiles, there's a much higher chance to form a straight or even pon with regular tiles than wait for the last remaining non house and non seat wind tile. Plus one of your opponents will hold onto your useless wind tiles because it's the seat wind for him/her. 

Also by examining your tiles, you should decide right on your first discard whether you're going for "all simples" hands that use only 2-8 tiles, outside hands using only honor, and terminal (1s or 9s) tiles. Nothing worse than discarding both terminal and 2-8 tiles. Decide right from the first discard what you're going for. I say today because your 3rd dragon or 3rd wind tile that you're waiting for might never come.

Always watch every discard of your opponent. Let's say you are holding onto you seat wind tile and 2 more have been discarded by your opponent's, it's time to discard yours too, and focus on simpler hands, such as 'no hands', all simples, or outside hands

Never reveal your hand (meaning forming a chi, pon, or kan by stealing your opponent's card) rather keep it concealed, UNLESS you already have 1 han on your hand, such as 3 dragon tiles, or 3 house wind tiles or 3 of your own seat wind tiles. If you feel lucky, you can reveal your hand at zero Han, when you have at least 2 dragon tiles or 2 house or seat wind tiles and you've checked that all other 3 players combined, have discarded no more than one more of the 2 dragon or wind tiles that you're holding onto.

I knew nothing about mahjong before Yakuza Kiwami and now I beat the A.I. almost always. If I can do it, you can. Read the hand guide and the rules page. Once you do that, read them again, SLOW!

Good luck 270c.png

Thank you so much for the advice. I plan on finishing every yakuza game but get held back by only mahjong.  You are a saint.

• 7 months later...

I’m getting close.

Mahjong, disco dance, batting cage, and Fantasy Zone and then I’m 100%.

I’ve enjoyed learning Mahjong. I went from “my head hurts” to “oh, okay, I get it” in 2-3 nights.

But “I’m Gonna Make Her Mine” on Hard can die a painful death. It’s the only dance left and I’m stuck at 6500. 

Deep breaths. ?

11 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

I’m getting close.

Mahjong, disco dance, batting cage, and Fantasy Zone and then I’m 100%.

I’ve enjoyed learning Mahjong. I went from “my head hurts” to “oh, okay, I get it” in 2-3 nights.

But “I’m Gonna Make Her Mine” on Hard can die a painful death. It’s the only dance left and I’m stuck at 6500. 

Deep breaths. 1f604.png

Devilleon7's video should help you out on that song. I used to stuck on that song as well but after watching his video and applying his strat, I got it done on my first attempt.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

Devilleon7's video should help you out on that song. I used to stuck on that song as well but after watching his video and applying his strat, I got it done on my first attempt.

Thanks, I'll watch it again. I need some tips because I'm hovering around 6850 now. 

I got 6998 last night. FML. 

11 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

While I'm here, could someone rate the difficulty of the Yakuza games from easiest to hardest? I'm thinking of starting them, i already have the Yakuza 6 platinum. 

- 4 is the easiest after 6;

- Kiwami 2:

- Kiwami:

- Yakuza 3:

. Yakuza 5 and 0 are at the bottom of the list, not because of difficulty but because of grind.

Edited by Capukkion23

34 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

While I'm here, could someone rate the difficulty of the Yakuza games from easiest to hardest? I'm thinking of starting them, i already have the Yakuza 6 platinum. 

From easiest to hardest :

Yakuza 6
Yakuza 4
Yakuza k2
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 0
Yakuza K1
Yakuza 3
(Judgment) 

Yakuza above 0 have nothing difficult, the last 3 games can be painfull depending on your personal experience (Pool, Puyopuyo, Car Chase/Otometal etc..). 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 22/06/2018 at 4:22 AM, sona_11 said:

Hello 

I just got the platinum for Yakuza Kiwami and I was wondering, is Yakuza 0 has harder or easier platinum comparing it with Kiwami in term of : 

Legend

Car chase

Mini-games

Climax battle  

It’s easier . The hardest thing about the Yakuza games are the climax battles, and the Yakuza 0 Battles seem far easier (put it this way, I’ve done the Zero ones without any issues at all, but have had to take a break from the Kiwami ones due to the immense frustration of needing to redo a long battle simply to get to the end and fail).

In terms of the main game on legendary, of course Kiwami is easier as you can take your money and items with you, but in Zero you’ll be fine as long as you take lots of health items and a sacrifice stone everywhere. Other than the chase, but that’s easier than Kiwami too.

I'm almost done with the numbered entries now, I finished Yakuza 5 a week or two ago. Next up is Yakuza 6 and then Yakuza 7, brilliant franchise in my opinion and definitely up there as one of my all time favourites.

Probably the hardest skill based challenge for me in the series so far has to be the Climax battles in Yakuza Kiwami. They were tricky as hell. Some of the batting cage related stuff that crops up across the series was also a bit frustrating. But I honestly think that generally outside of some isolated skill bumps throughout the series which force a bit of strategy, these games are all doable with perseverance, time commitment and practice.

If you are just embarking on the series though - I recommend doing some research around Mahjong, watch some online tutorials etc - that one crops up numerous times and even with some of the cheat items, it definitely helps learning the basics.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...