Which Studio Do You Hate The Most?

Nexuds121

Neversoft.

They made absolute gold with Tony Hawk's early years, THPS 1-4, THUG 1&2, and THAW were fucking amazing. 

Then they did Project 8, a broken mess of a game that crashes, glitches, and barely even runs properly when it is going. Not to mention it's not at all fun and throws everything out the window.

Then they did Proving Ground, a broken mess of a game that crashes, glitches, and barely even runs properly when it is going. Not to mention it's not at all fun and throws everything out the window.

Then they just stopped trying and dived full on into Guitar Hero... Robomodo got forced to come in and do what they could / were allowed to, it's not their fault that Ride, Shred, and THPS 5 happened, it's Activision's, and whomever hates Robomodo should really hate Neversoft / Activision.

• Like 1

EA, because they're generally terrible for the industry. In addition to having historically mistreated their employees, their insistence on finding new and terrible ways to try and monetize their games means that I usually don't touch games that have any association with the company.

Denysoft, while much smaller than EA also deserves an honorable mention here because they make terrible games.

• Like 4

Probably the guys that made The Surge. I think they call themselves Deck 13.

But why focus on hate so much? You didn't even bothered to write a compelling arguement (Not that Konami needs any more reasoning to be hated, but still...)

Your OP just seems like you were bored and wanted to ask something. Anything at all.

That's ok in itself, but when I'm bored I do stuff like this, or this.

I think things like these are a better use of your time then just mindlessly hating on things just for the sake of it. Nothing we do here changes anything, so why not have fun instead?

But those are just my 2 cents.

J

• Like 3

Rockstar... 

All games look same because using the same engine always.. 

their online servers have always been a hive of hackers, they leave the legit players to the mercy of hackers.. 

Personally, I swore not to buy their games any more

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nexuds121 said:

Just similar to my previous topic. This one is all about who or what studio you absolutely hate the most.

If there's one Studio that fucks everything up. I HATE KONAMI.

Can't agree more. They are like the LGN from back in the NIntendo days... ?

yGtyXhz.png

• Like 3

I don't think there's a studio that I "hate".  Maybe it's because I'm a developer myself (not of games though) that happens to love most aspects of gaming and the industry, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for the work these folks do and the limitations/deadlines they have to work within.  While it may be a better idea to save my money from time to time, I've definitely put my money where my mouth is when it comes to supporting the gaming industry.  This idea that a developer has to be this perfect entity that always caters to the consumer, and that get their heads ripped off and put on the internet pike as an example to other developers for any perceived slight... seems childish.

There are very, very few cases of flagrant false advertising.  99% of the time, it'd be really easy to just ignore the games/studios you don't like or to accept that every game isn't going to speak to you personally.  Instead, out of boredom or entertainment value or what have you... rather than moving on and finding something they actually do like, people stop and spend months or years making it their personal mission to crucify studios.  Whether it's warranted or not (protip: it's almost never warranted to the extent that it happens).  Under the guise of advocating "consumer rights".

Slacktivism at its finest, half the people that complain about a game never even play it.  They just jump on the 'trendy hate' bandwagon for an excuse to post some shitty meme's and get some "likes".  And the other half blow it way out of proportion.  The gaming community is the bottom of the barrel as far as entertainment medium fandom goes IMO.

Edited by Dreakon13

EA and Konami , apparently like most folks seem to share the same opinion here . Konami is ruining MGS series , cancelled P.T Silent Hills and only seem to release PES on consoles nowadays and focus on pachinko machines instead of their other beloved IPs or in creating new ones .

EA is just been a mess in microtransictions and cash grabbing methods on their games and i do not care for any of their sports series like FIFA , Madden , NBA live , NHL and so on or Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront are also in same view for me . The only franchise i used to care from EA was mirror's Edge and Needfor speed and even those are not grabbing my attention anymore .

Any company that releases a game at full price, with a load of extra content that you've then got to pay extra for... I don't care if it's DLC thats added on later. (still annoying). But if the game on release date, then makes you pay extra for the rest of the game....

3 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Can't agree more. They are like the LGN from back in the NIntendo days... 1f602.png

yGtyXhz.png

I've never really like Kojima's games. Always kind of thought he had the writing ability of a 12 year old. As shitty as Konami are what with their pachinko bullshit and everything I feel like we're not getting the whole story about why he was fired and why his games were cancelled. I personally feel they were probably getting sick of the spending and protracted development times but who knows honestly. Maybe they were ♥s to him. I don't think we'll ever know. 

Anyway currently I would say Naughty Dog, although that would probably date back to 2007 when they made the first Uncharted. They just make really generic games now that get acclaimed by people who barely play video games to begin with and have developed an almost cult like following of rabid fanboys. I mean to put it into perspective I gave someone a tip on how to get the most recent Uncharted game for cheaper and I got downvoted on a BARGAIN HUNTING WEBSITE. It annoys me when similarly minded people to me call them movie games because that is just barely glossing over the issues I have with those games and how dull they are. I feel like the Uncharted games are substandard even as far as third person shooters go and each of them play exactly the same as each other, and that's not even going into The Last of Us and how disinterested I am in that. Their attitude as well that the older types of games they made being beneath them really just screams to me that they don't really care about video games anymore and just want to make their own movies, because their older games were a lot more novel and varied than what they produce now. Hell, I would even say they were better written and voiced then. I mean The Last of Us came along because they were trying to make a new Jak and Daxter game but didn't want to "tone it down". Surely someone at that company wants to make another one given how much Sony seems to be imploring them to do so what with all of the re-releases. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I've never really like Kojima's games. Always kind of thought he had the writing ability of a 12 year old.

I often hear that as an arguement but there is never a follow up. What games do have excellent writing in your opinion?

J

2 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I've never really like Kojima's games. Always kind of thought he had the writing ability of a 12 year old. As shitty as Konami are what with their pachinko bullshit and everything I feel like we're not getting the whole story about why he was fired and why his games were cancelled. I personally feel they were probably getting sick of the spending and protracted development times but who knows honestly. Maybe they were 2665.pngs to him. I don't think we'll ever know. 

Anyway currently I would say Naughty Dog, although that would probably date back to 2007 when they made the first Uncharted. They just make really generic games now that get acclaimed by people who barely play video games to begin with and have developed an almost cult like following of rabid fanboys. I mean to put it into perspective I gave someone a tip on how to get the most recent Uncharted game for cheaper and I got downvoted on a BARGAIN HUNTING WEBSITE. It annoys me when similarly minded people to me call them movie games because that is just barely glossing over the issues I have with those games and how dull they are. I feel like the Uncharted games are substandard even as far as third person shooters go and each of them play exactly the same as each other, and that's not even going into The Last of Us and how disinterested I am in that. Their attitude as well that the older types of games they made being beneath them really just screams to me that they don't really care about video games anymore and just want to make their own movies, because their older games were a lot more novel and varied than what they produce now. Hell, I would even say they were better written and voiced then. I mean The Last of Us came along because they were trying to make a new Jak and Daxter game but didn't want to "tone it down". Surely someone at that company wants to make another one given how much Sony seems to be imploring them to do so what with all of the re-releases. 

So the majority on psnprofiles.com barely play video games too?Who are you to claim something like that? I agree, there are quite a few annoying fanboys but they can be easily ignored.

They may be pathetic but your attitude isnt much better (I dont like the game(s) -> it is a fact that the game is bad/ only non gamer praise the games -> my opinion is superior)

Dont get me wrong, it is ok not liking ND games, I wouldnt call them "masterpieces" either ( except TloU). I enjoyed Uncharted 1-4 but they are not among my favorite games.

Personally I despise any dark souls, I dont like the setting and I hate the combat. However I can see why people love the games,  I would never call them overrated ( "game xy is overrated" threads are annoying by the way). They are simply not my taste.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 3