Which Studio Do You Hate The Most?

Nexuds121

2 hours ago, Konrave said:

I received good feedback from this game, what's wrong with The Surge?

Nothing! The Surge was one of the big, pleasant surprises of last year!

Great game - if you like Soulsborne games I think it’s a must-play

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

I forgot my reason why I chose Konami. The reason I chose Konami. Because they were assholes treated Hideo Kojima like a piece of shit on a silver platter which is wrong. Everything you know it's on all over the website.

I mean I'm currently playing a Konami game, and already two of the trophies are bugged. So that's good enough reason to dislike them. :( 

23 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

My Topic may sound abit silly. That's fine. I only wanted to hear people's honest answer. That is all.

Topic isn`t silly, if you dont like something in gaming dev/publishing - say it, dont hide it. If publishers dont get backlashes, they`ll start sell us purest garbage they can.

Edited by Beliar4

Hate is for children, no adult should carry such an extreme emotion around, it's cancerous, it'll do more damage to the host than anyone else by eating one up from the inside...an immaturity, hence children.

There are no doubt studios that don't make good games, but I wouldn't say I was overly emotional about them, I just avoid purchases, but any real dislike I have seems to be tied to publishers and their predatory marketing practices, along with misleading advertising and needless monetisation, and a lot of the bigger publishers seem to pass those parcels around periodically.  EA, Activision, Ubi, Konami, WB...and others.  Imo greed stifles creativity, imagination, innovation, and while it's difficult to discern who is responsible, I usually lay that sin at the door of publishers rather than studios.   I know sometimes studio and publisher are one and the same, but I don't sweat the devs that perhaps make bad games, I do however vent at the publisher that tries to convince me it's not a bad game!

• Like 1

Konami. Hands down, and it isn’t close, in my opinion. It’s already been stated that they ruined/abandoned two of my favorite series with Castlevania and MGS, they also did the same to quite possibly the best JRPG series: Suikoden.

22 hours ago, Konrave said:

I received good feedback from this game, what's wrong with The Surge?

I don't know. Probably nothing.

If you ask me personally, basically everything. If you want an objective opinion on the game I'm surely not the one to judge it fairly.

It just ''feels'' off to me... that's the super nice way of saying I think it plays like shit.

Storywise the game starts off tricking you into thinking there is a compelling narrative, when there really isn't.

I don't get that, because the opening was really interesting and well made but everything after that not so much.

I'm sure somewhere under all the nonsensical decisions the developer made is a game you could have fun with. It's just not for me.

J

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedMustang72 said:

There are no doubt studios that don't make good games, but I wouldn't say I was overly emotional about them, I just avoid purchases

Exactly. I think that hate was just a bad choice of words. Hate? Not really, but frustrated enough to avoid such games? Yea probably. 

• Like 1

EA

Main reason is they killed Command & Conquer with Command & Conquer 4 and then they used its corps to create a worse abomination called Command & Conquer Rivals. Look what they did with Ultima and many more great franchises.

Then there is the Lootboxes, DRM, Day 1 story essential DLC, etc.

But to be fair the hole industry has become like this. Really wishing for a crash where casual gamers just loose interest in games and the only thing left is gamers.

• Like 1

The only company I truly hate is Konami with the way they have treated their IPs and their employees. The way they treated Kojima was disgusting!

I don't respect Square-Enix because some of their choices that they have made over the last decade, but I really don't have any hatred towards them. 

17 minutes ago, Nexuds121 said:

One question. If you have nothing to say about hating studios then why are you here lol?

Lmao because he's a BIG BOI who's busy spending that time telling people he's busy!

47f.png

...Also, I don't much care for mobile game studios - ie, Machine Zone, etc.

On ‎22‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 2:36 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

I've never really like Kojima's games. Always kind of thought he had the writing ability of a 12 year old.

As stated in my first question, I often hear that as an arguement but there is never a follow up, like you demonstrated once again.

So I'll try again, what games do have great writing in your opinion?

J