Dig Sites

Two questions about the dig sites in general.  The first is, once one is completed, do they stay completed? As in, one dig site for me has been ticked off while on the second island, trying to get these Raptor fossils so I can get it to 100% genome.  I mean, on the first island, I know one site ran out of fossils once, but restocked them when I got to the second island (maybe the dig site wasn't completed, not sure).

The other one is, with the things you sell, this does sort of tie into the first question as well, but do only certain sites hold certain things to find to sell? Just wondering that for their Ingen unlock entries.  Suck as Silver, Dino Eggs and other such stuff.

1 hour ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Two questions about the dig sites in general.  The first is, once one is completed, do they stay completed? As in, one dig site for me has been ticked off while on the second island, trying to get these Raptor fossils so I can get it to 100% genome.  I mean, on the first island, I know one site ran out of fossils once, but restocked them when I got to the second island (maybe the dig site wasn't completed, not sure).

The other one is, with the things you sell, this does sort of tie into the first question as well, but do only certain sites hold certain things to find to sell? Just wondering that for their Ingen unlock entries.  Suck as Silver, Dino Eggs and other such stuff.

1. There are FIVE icons for the dig map. A yellow circle means it's available to excavate, but you haven't visited it yet. A blue circle means you've excavated at least once there. A grey padlock means it's not available yet. A blue circle with check in it means it's 100% complete and you NEVER have to dig there ever again. A red triangle means it's currently depleted of fossils, but once you unlock a new island, more fossils will become available at that site.

2. Not sure. I think some items you can sell you'll encounter at multiple dig sites, but others I've only encountered at one.

Just now, Pirelli913 said:

1. There are FIVE icons for the dig map. A yellow circle means it's available to excavate, but you haven't visited it yet. A blue circle means you've excavated at least once there. A grey padlock means it's not available yet. A blue circle with check in it means it's 100% complete and you NEVER have to dig there ever again. A red triangle means it's currently depleted of fossils, but once you unlock a new island, more fossils will become available at that site.

2. Not sure. I think some items you can sell you'll encounter at multiple dig sites, but others I've only encountered at one.

Ah, thanks for that, wasn't certain as to how the dig sites checked everything off, but it's good to know that once one is done I need not worry about the same site again.

As for the stuff to sell, yeah, it's hard to say, but I'd assume I'd get things at least once, there's nothing I would never get I assume.