Flashback Mania Help

MattyBoy5D

Completed my second playthrough, using a guide and checking off the flashbacks, and still no trophy. Did a third playthrough and went straight for the non-vibration flashbacks from Mantis, but apparently those don't count (as I suspected). What I'm realizing now is that I'm probably missing a few from those that come with a really short window of mashing the X button.

Is there anyone out there who was in a similar position and remembers what flashback(s) they missed because of that? I've been reading forums and doing searches and have only found a few like these, but still no trophy pop, so I guess I already got them.

Audio flashbacks aren't required, but yes I was in a similar position. Despite my confidence in having cleared the Mission Briefings, the trophy popped during the Act 3 Mission Briefing, when an ethereal Vamp and Liquid were having their conversation. You only have a four second window, judging by YouTube: 

Whilst I'm here I might as well plug link my tip:   https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1553-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-4/16-Flashback-Mania

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

audio flashback actually don't count. there's some hidden flashback that the X button does not shown, i recommend to keep pressing the X button at every cut scene, the cut scene of the end of act 3 where liquid take controls of all the soldier's weapons where snake get burned while trying to save big mama and every codec calls does not have any flashbacks, also make sure to press the X buttons in mission briefing's too, my trophy popped when i watched 400 flashbacks.   

• 1 year later...

Because I didn't get the trophy the first time, I used a checklist for playthrough 2.

I used material from this page: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-patriots/167394-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-patriots-trophy-guide-roadmap-2.html#post2951850

Then I copy and pasted on notepad. I put a "done" to the right of each flashback to keep a record of what I've done thus far. That way I could find out which ones I didn't view. It worked for me because I missed some of Raiden's hidden flashbacks at the end of Act 4. My trophy popped up afterwards. :)

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi!  sorry for the question.  I found a post on a forum where, act by act, it tells you the total number of flashbacks I should have seen.

In particular:

Act 1 40

Act 2 105

Act 3 143

Act 4 207

Act 5 273

I am at 95 in the recap of the second act. I didn't think I had skipped a few flashbacks. Damn.

Now, I certainly don't re-do the whole second act (I have a backup at the end of the first act) because I'm doing the chicken run and in the second act I worked to get certain emblems and I wasted a lot of time.

The question is simple. If in my second run, I find the flashback that I skipped in act 2, do I take the trophy immediately or do I have to view ALL the flashbacks in a single run to unlock it at the end of the game?

I hope I was as clear as possible

Edited by Irriducibile81

• 4 months later...
On 03/09/2022 at 5:41 AM, Irriducibile81 said:

Hi!  sorry for the question.  I found a post on a forum where, act by act, it tells you the total number of flashbacks I should have seen.

In particular:

Act 1 40

Act 2 105

Act 3 143

Act 4 207

Act 5 273

I am at 95 in the recap of the second act. I didn't think I had skipped a few flashbacks. Damn.

Now, I certainly don't re-do the whole second act (I have a backup at the end of the first act) because I'm doing the chicken run and in the second act I worked to get certain emblems and I wasted a lot of time.

The question is simple. If in my second run, I find the flashback that I skipped in act 2, do I take the trophy immediately or do I have to view ALL the flashbacks in a single run to unlock it at the end of the game?

I hope I was as clear as possible

As I've just started playing MGS4 and only got 32 flashbacks for Act One, I would also like to know the answer to this.

You don’t need to trigger all the flashbacks you have already watched in order to get the trophy, just the remaining ones (the ones you would initially miss) are required to watch.

Just be sure to first load a completed game save before starting a new game; otherwise, the game won’t register your stats, hence the flashbacks you have already watched. 

• Like 1