Should I buy a PlayStation Vita?

PipeSwinger

I'm strongly considering buying a PS Vita. I just wanted to hear what other owners think. Was it worth the purchase?

I generally travel out of state for several weeks out of the year. I think it would be nice to have a Vita to bring with me. Or when I am simply going out for the day, and might have a little free time outside of my home... Lastly, is there any insight on a refined PS Vita coming out anytime soon? If so I'd wait. 

Thanks for all who reply! :D

UPDATE June 29th, 2013:

After two months since I started this topic, I finally made my decision. I purchased a beautiful PS Vita on Thursday night. I got the bundle with PS Plus for $300.00.  I can sell the PS Plus code to a friend so a brand new Vita with a 4 Gb card and Unit 13 for $250. No regrets what so ever! It was a perfect time to buy it too. I had a long fight last night from JFK to Vienna and playing LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes made time FLY! I'm very happy I made the decision to buy it and thanks to everyone who helped me make the decision.  And for those who are considering buying one I would totally go for it. No doubt in my mind. 

Edited by PipeSwinger

I bought mine a couple months ago and fell in love with it  :lol:. Since i was already a PS+ member i got a bunch of games to play as well.

Only thing that sucks is the price of the memory cards, i got the 32gb memory card off amazon for 70$ but they usually go for up to 100$

Hell yeah! I strongly advise you to buy a Vita! Ever since I got mine I have loved it. There are so many great quality games out there at this point in it 's life cycle, it'll take you a while to play them all...but like the people above me said, buy a bigger memory card.

If you travel a lot, then yes...

But honestly, my vita often lays there looking pretty for months before I actually decide to check for updates and play something. I am not the biggest fan of handhelds, and it really lacks games. I mean, if you don't mind playing all genres then you're fine. But if I play a handheld I mostly enjoy RPG's. There really aren't many games of that genre on the vita. :( Oh well, maybe some day. The psp had great RPG's, maybe the vita will follow that path some day.

Personally, I think it is the best handheld system that has ever been released. It has a lot of great games on it and since you're a PS+ member you can get a bunch of them for free. I've never picked my Vita up and not found something to play on it, whether it was an actual Vita game or a PlayStation Classic. Currently I'm playing through Final Fantasy VII (again) and it looks and plays great on the system.

So yes, if you want to game on the go (or even at home) the Vita is the best option out there, in my opinion.

Parker

• Like 2

Well I do like my vita, but the lack of games can become a deciding factor. I sometimes have buyers remorse then sometimes i love mine. Some of my favorite games on the vita are rocketbirds, sly cooper 4 and Guacamelee. The trouble with this is that there are PS3 versions of these games.Vita exclusives I enjoyed are  Resistance Burning Skies, LBP Vita and Tales from space: Mutant Blob attacks.

Ps+ seems to keep me going with a free psn game every so ofter to keep my interest up. such at Tales from space, plants vs. zombies, chronovolt ( chrono was ok nothing special, just a good time waster)

in the future the new batman arkham origins Blackgate looks very promising. There is a nice little article in the new gameinformer on it as well. I'm very excited to see the jak and daxter and sly series coming to the handheld. But the fact of the matter is every game I find interesting can also be played on the ps3. But at least with the vita I can play on my breaks or at lunch while at work.

• Like 1

Well I do like my vita, but the lack of games can become a deciding factor. I sometimes have buyers remorse then sometimes i love mine. Some of my favorite games on the vita are rocketbirds, sly cooper 4 and Guacamelee. The trouble with this is that there are PS3 versions of these games.Vita exclusives I enjoyed are  Resistance Burning Skies, LBP Vita and Tales from space: Mutant Blob attacks.

Ps+ seems to keep me going with a free psn game every so ofter to keep my interest up. such at Tales from space, plants vs. zombies, chronovolt ( chrono was ok nothing special, just a good time waster)

in the future the new batman arkham origins Blackgate looks very promising. There is a nice little article in the new gameinformer on it as well. I'm very excited to see the jak and daxter and sly series coming to the handheld. But the fact of the matter is every game I find interesting can also be played on the ps3. But at least with the vita I can play on my breaks or at lunch while at work.

How about

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ??

i mean it like HEAVY RAIN ALL OVER AGIAN!!! just jrpg

I'm strongly considering buying a PS Vita. I just wanted to hear what other owners think. Was it worth the purchase?

I generally travel out of state for several weeks out of the year. I think it would be nice to have a Vita to bring with me. Or when I am simply going out for the day, and might have a little free time outside of my home... Lastly, is there any insight on a refined PS Vita coming out anytime soon? If so I'd wait. 

this article

(http://tdzdaily.org/5-reasons-you-must-buy-a-ps-vita/6/)

Brilliant Design & Interface

The PSVITA is gorgeous, and by gorgeous I mean it is the pinnacle of handheld gaming hardware with its elegant design and visual magnificence. I’m not taking anything away from the Nintendo 3DS, but Sony had delivered a super high quality handheld system that is simply breathtaking. With a 5” OLED display and a screen resolution of 960 x 650, the Vita is pure candy to your eyes. Whether playing games or watching Netflix, the Vita’s screen delivers super high-quality visuals and spectacular colors. Even the handheld itself is a thing of beauty to behold.

PS3 & PS4 Connectivity

The PS Vita started off strong with its use of cross-play with the PS3 console. Gamers can save their console game, send the information to the Vita, and continue playing their game wherever they go. Vita owners can also play multiplayer games online with the PS3 community. However, these gaming innovations are just the beginning of Sony’s strategy. Enter the PS4.

Must-Play VITA Games
VitaCollage.jpg

While PS Vita owners have seen a very slow release of games, what developers have delivered for the handheld have all been of the highest quality. Simply put, you should not miss playing these games. Thankfully, Sony has announced a large lineup of upcoming games for their handheld and is preparing a steady release schedule for the future. Until we hear more about these new titles, you will have more than enough to keep you busy

PSN PlayStation Classics

Even if Sony wasn’t developing incredible games for the Vita, I would buy one just to play all the classic titles that are available for download on the PlayStation Network. PSOne, PS2, and PSP games are in abundance for the Sony handheld device, and these classic games look phenomenal on the Vita’s gorgeous OLED screen. With the impending release of the next generation of consoles, developers are slowing down their release of current-gen titles. What will you do in the mean time? Catch up on the classics! You know there are so many incredible titles that you’ve missed. Now is your chance to redeem yourself.

PS Plus Giveaways

Unlike other console developers, Sony has really impressed everyone with their subscription service, PS Plus. The service offers 1 gigabyte of game save data storage, exclusive and early access to games, 1 hour trial runs on full games, automatic system updates, and of course… DISCOUNTS AND FREE GAMES! I’m not just talking about low rated games that never sold either. I’m talking about killer titles that are worth every penny of the subscription. In one month of subscribing to PS Plus, I have already made my money back by downloading free titles I would have bought anyway. If you are a PS3 and/or Vita owner and you haven’t subscribed to the service, you are missing out. Seriously, go get it now before they’re gone!

• Like 2

Best gaming decision I have made.  I play it every day, and since it went on plus it has just gotten better.  I suggest Rayman because it is deep. I love the psn games on it and when PS4 comes out true remote play is going to be epic. 

Definitely need a 32 gig card which is expensive. I am dying for a 64 gig card though. 

Overall it is just fun and great graphics.

How about

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward ??

i mean it like HEAVY RAIN ALL OVER AGIAN!!! just jrpg

I played the demo, and it didn't seem Heavy Rain like to me at all. But the demo really wasn't that long if i remember correctly. And just something about not being able to walk around but just pressing the sides of the screen to move around the room really bothered me, reminded me of that CSI game that was really bad. I will say that many people on my friends list have praised it. Its just wasn't for me.

I am also on the fence about buying one, I would love to use it to clear out a lot of my backlog of PS1 classics and minis that I never play because I like to use my PS3 for PS3 games. It seems like it would be an amazing PS1 portable lol.

THEQXD.png

Absolutely YES!

I was given one as a gift a month ago and have used it every day since.

Having owned virtually every handheld since the original Gameboy I can honestly say that this is my favourite. Screen is excellent and the trophy tracking is the icing on the top for me.

Just buy one!

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN

DO I HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE?

if i do then:

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Gravity Rush

Wipeout 2048

Rayman Origins

Plants Vs Zombies

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

Metal Gear Solid HD collection

Sound Shapes

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

If that doesn't entice i don't know what will

btw i just own the 4GB stick and I never felt I had to get a larger stick since i mostly buy physical copies of games

Edited by A-Brawl3r

It is worth it if you travel alot!

I got mine and dont actually go anywhere with it, and alot of the games are just ports of ps3 games for cross play/buy. But games like Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Persona 4 Golden, Assassins Creed Liberation are great! 

It is a powerful little machine though! I think the battery life is decent too and when in standby it barely uses any at all! 

Im looking forward to what features it can use with the ps4, as they have said they want to make it part of the "living room" like a console too.

Im also considering buying a ps vita :lol:

Im also considering buying a ps vita :lol:

If you travel or always on the go, then yeah :) it's worth it. :)

:hmm:  Not sure about the refined PS Vita to be released soon. The last news I heard was cross gameplay or play ps4 games and an update :|

• 4 weeks later...