The Awesome Adventures Of Captain Spirit won’t have a trophy list!

DarkHpokinsn

Well, it’s official The Awesome Adventures Of Captain Spirit won’t have a trophy list! http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/06/23/no-captain-spirit-trophies/

I might be a little late on this but as I expected there’s not gonna be a trophy list for this game! Not really a big deal necessarily, it’s still gonna be a cool game.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 3

I was curious if it would have trophies when it was announced. I'm not big into demos or even not-a-demo-but-actually-a-demo demos, although I would pick it up for a few free bronze trophies like the NBA preludes if it had trophies. I still have to get Before the Storm before I start thinking about the actually sequel that's coming soon :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

Even more reason not to play it then. :P

(Before anyone takes this seriously, I wasn't interested in playing this anyway)

Yet you posted...

4 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

Not going to make another thread for this, so here's the release schedule:

ETA 3 hours 37 minutes.

6OpOxjh.jpg

Thanks for sharing this man! 

Keep in mind guys, some choices made in this game will have some effect Life is Strange 2.

33 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Astute observation...

Lol if you have no interest it in I don’t really see a reason for posting here. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

2 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol if you have no interest it in I don’t really see a reason for posting here. 

I mean it's a forum, he just posted his opinion otherwise like 70% of the posts on the Forum would not be there, threads are made to talk about your personal opinion about a game and sharing that wth others if you like the game or not....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I mean it's a forum, he just posted his opinion otherwise like 70% of the posts on the Forum would not be there, threads are made to talk about your personal opinion about a game and sharing that wth others if you like the game or not....

I just don’t see the point of popping into a topic to say “I don’t like this” with no interest in what the topic is about. Seems like a waste of time.

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting trophies anyway, so this isn't as disappointing to me as it may be to others. Anyway, I'm really excited for this, but I probably won't be able to play it for a while unfortunately. Meanwhile, I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

People keep saying they weren't expecting trophies...why? This not getting trophies is VERY unusual, considering they've been mandatory for all games, regardless of length, since 2009. Not getting a Plat? Sure. No trophies period? Not sure how anyone expected it.

Now, obviously, I see they got away with this by labeling it as a demo...but no one saw that coming before hand. It's not a big deal or anything, just strange that people are acting like this is normal. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

People keep saying they weren't expecting trophies...why? This not getting trophies is VERY unusual, considering they've been mandatory for all games, regardless of length, since 2009. Not getting a Plat? Sure. No trophies period? Not sure how anyone expected it.

Quite agree, highly unusual and somewhat disappointing. Trophies are not only achievements in my opinion, they are also some kind of “gaming memories” to me... 

There is a loooooong list of short - if not very short - games that have trophies attached, not speaking of rather shameful plats (who said “Mayo”?) Why not releasing this as a game instead of as a trophy-free demo? ?

EDIT - regardless my regrets for the absence of trophies, thumbs up to the developers for offering this game / demo / whatever it is for free! ?

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheViper4Life said:

Now, obviously, I see they got away with this by labeling it as a demo...but no one saw that coming before hand. It's not a big deal or anything, just strange that people are acting like this is normal. 

It's not that they got away by labelling it a demo, it's that this is a demo, they just didn't want to name it that and kept calling it a standalone

As people pointed out, think of it as what PT was to the Silent Hill games that were cancelled

Edited by HardXDXtraga
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

It's not that they got away by labelling it a demo, it's that this is a demo, they just didn't want to name it that and kept calling it a standalone

As people pointed out, think of it as what PT was to the Silent Hill games that were cancelled

Is it actually a demo though? It sounded like a standalone story that is just in the same universe and using the same engine as Life is Strange 2 that they are using for advertising purposes. Isn't a demo usually a shortened version or a stripped/unfinished version of the final product? (Serious question as the only demos I've played are multiplayer demos which might be different)

Come on guys they are giving us a free game and you guys are bitching about trophies?

I for one am really glad they gave us a free standalone game, now that there are no trophies i can play it at my leasure and ease instead of being worried of did i miss something...

Atleast that's my opinion about it 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Is it actually a demo though? It sounded like a standalone story that is just in the same universe and using the same engine as Life is Strange 2 that they are using for advertising purposes. Isn't a demo usually a shortened version or a stripped/unfinished version of the final product? (Serious question as the only demos I've played are multiplayer demos which might be different)

Not the right person to answer this since I have NEVER played a demo, this is gonna be my first and it's only because it doesn't seem like a demo in the tradicional sense, but from a quick google search most articles classify it as a standalone demo, probably because it is it's own story but with connections to LiS2

I'd classify it more as something like what MGSV: Ground Zeroes is to The Phantom Pain. A prologue to introduce you to this world and gameplay. A Demo is like what Kittet described, it's a small (finished) portion of a much bigger unfinished game. It seems like they labeled it a demo so as to have to add trophies. Unless this whole part is going to be in LiS2 (meaning we'd be playing it all over again in the main game), then that would be a demo.

7 hours ago, ZireaelSan said:

Come on guys they are giving us a free game and you guys are bitching about trophies?

I for one am really glad they gave us a free standalone game, now that there are no trophies i can play it at my leasure and ease instead of being worried of did i miss something...

Atleast that's my opinion about it 

I have a hard time playing games without trophies now. A couple years ago, I bought all the Ratchet & Clank games available on PS3 (and the PS4 Remake), and decided to play them all in order. Early last year I finally made it to Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, which came out in 2007 before trophies. And it took me until January of this year to finish it. Not because I didn't like it...but because it felt almost arbitrary and pointless without something to strive for other than just getting the full story. Luckily I got through Tools of Destruction and Quest for Booty, and I can put more focus into A Crack in Time since it has something to look forward to.

Trophies have become so ingrained with how I play...a lot of people can separate trophy hunting from gaming itself, but for me...they're one in the same, I don't do one without the other. BUT Captain Spirit is also only like two hours long, so it's not a huge loss.

• Like 1