Chapter 1

I just did everything, picked up everything, and got it on my first try.

now, what about Bull in a China Shop? Theres the wine bottle, the glass on his desk... but the trophy still won't unlock as I am playing, unless it does so at the end of the chapter. There are a bunch of glass objects you'd think would be breakable, but try and try - and I literally worked up a sweat trying - and no break. What am I missing, if anything?

is the bottle from the painting breakable? I could *not* break it, and i tried everything!

oh, and did you pick up that weird figurine on the altar that appears? Otherwise, I dunno how you missed 100% - pick up every piece of paper, play every tape, get every item - including turning the statue in the corner to face north, which unlocks an item to come out of it... otherwise, everything is right there.

Edited by Coladar

What are you breaking it against? This third glass item? Like, I swung and swung at the radiator, for several minutes, and no go.

We are talking about the glass jug found behind the secretly movable painting, correct? Because it just would not break for me. Likewise, my first time, the wine just broke by my grabbing it - nothing else. The second time, it took some doing.

Clearly, on top of some of the worst controls I have ever seen for a VR game, their physics/collision engine sucks hardcore.

7 hours ago, Coladar said:

What are you breaking it against? This third glass item? Like, I swung and swung at the radiator, for several minutes, and no go.

We are talking about the glass jug found behind the secretly movable painting, correct? Because it just would not break for me. Likewise, my first time, the wine just broke by my grabbing it - nothing else. The second time, it took some doing.

Clearly, on top of some of the worst controls I have ever seen for a VR game, their physics/collision engine sucks hardcore.

yes the controls are pretty bad! Yes! That is the bottle lol it will break!! lol Keep going at it I just drop it and it broke! :)

2 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Oh well damn then was hoping for a proper horror vr game since it's been awhile. But thanks for the info.

Saying that chapter 1 was not scary at all ... Chapter 2 I just started and well, it seems more of the same... But still 3 chapters left so who knows ;)

Edited by Titanomachy_75

Yeah, not even remotely scary. Like... at all. Zilch. Nada. Weeping Doll was scarier, and that was just scary in the "Wow... so... this is... a game?"

I've never seen VR controls this bad in my life. Ever. They. Are. Horrible. I mean, you can't even believe how bad they are for the PS4. 

Then I thought - hey, this is a port, and it *VERY CLEARLY WAS NOT MADE FOR THE DUALSHOCK* controller. So, lets just use the Move Controllers, since, two hands, that it seems made for. No Move support. Of course.

And holy crap. One option lets you change hand dominance from grip with right to left. Awesome, right? Yeah... except... you can only *GRIP* with the left. The controller still only moves the right hand. Even though you can now only grip with the left. Because... that makes total sense, right?

This is one of the worst cash-in IP known name exploitations I've ever witnessed. It makes the junkiest junk on Steam that is only recycled resource whoring cash grabs look like a AAA release.

Mind you, I say this not only as a huge VR fan, but an even bigger horror one. Look at my games list on my profile - this is *my* niche right here. Hell, I loved the recent Exorcist TV series. No game should be more up my alley than this, so let my extraordinary negativity over it speak volumes. Easily one of the worst games I've ever had the misfortune of playing. And I spent, not $10 or even $20, but $30 goddamned dollars on this junk? Holy crap did I get taken for a ride and a half. 

Do not, and I repeat, do not waste either your time or your money on it. Maybe - just maybe - it is better on PC. I'll give them the benefit of that doubt. But this PS4 port is just... it's so horrible, both in a "wow this is bad" alongside an immensely frustrating mechanics sense, that you can't even find enjoyment in the badness of it all. It is simply that god-awfully bad.

Edit to Add: Mind you, now knowing I was right on this breakable glass item for a trophy, and nothing else, mind you I spent 15 minutes doing everything trying to break the damned thing: Drop, throw, slam, you name it, and still never got it to break. I mean, it is a breakable glass item, and they put a trophy in for breaking all three in this one chapter, and this one is impossible to break. And breaking these glass items was really the most gameplay the first chapter had! Look, I'm sorry if anyone that worked on this game comes across this post, but this was just plain... wow.

Paranormal Activity VR wasn't great by any stretch, but at least they *tried*. I mean, you can tell the devs put their heart into it and just weren't provided much in resources/$$$. The same can't be said here. Even the plot makes zero sense, so far: Ooh, I'm a police detective who is now gonna be an exorcist, but all the exorcists headed for the hills, so I'm a detective trying to figure out how to be an exorcist, except I'm nothing more than a police detective. By myself. Playing at being an exorcist. One who just so happens to find all the magic items he needs, but which apparently didn't save the exorcists -ya know, religious priests with, oh, I dunno, exorcism training and shit- from being gobbled up by demons. But the demons were nice enough to just leave everything I need right before my eyes, cause demons are all thoughtful and stuff like that, so that Mr. Cop whose only training is with a firearm and tazer, whose only house of prayer is the local donut shop or bar, can go do some excising. Fun times. 

Edited by Coladar

• 8 months later...

I'm honestly shocked to read your guys opinions about this game. I've already bought the bundle and just came on here to look over the trophies before starting. Nearly all of the reviews I've seen for this game highly praise it. I'm seeing 8s and 9s from multiple sources. This is the review I read before deciding to buy it and it says that it is scarier then the film!

https://www.psu.com/reviews/the-exorcist-legion-vr-review/

Anyway, I've already bought it now so I'll play through it and I'll come back around with my opinion when I'm done.