PSNP Interviews: ddracarys

Wavergray

1 hour ago, ddracarys said:

Guys, its super cringe.

OH GOD! THE CRINGE 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

JK Jk Love you <3 and good for you for trying to make it special by making a podcast-like recording :). Also, I am very very surprised that you dont have an Aussie/ New Zealand accent! 

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 2

@ddracarys Interesting to hear. I have a couple of follow up questions and comments on this as well.

Did I hear you say 12 siblings in your house? :o Also a follow-up, your parents let you play Resident Evil and silent hill at the age of 5... Were they just unaware that they were for older people or was it because of older siblings? I mean, I played my first GTA game when I was 14, but my brother was 17, so it made sense from that perspective. Was it the same for you, but to a more extreme scale?

Also, I got your back on the FROT method. For anyone who's curious, the F is definitely facial hair and the R is definitely rest. However ddracarys forgot that the O was for Oberyn Martell-ness (the more you are like Oberyn Martell, the better, see answer to the GoT favorite character question). And the T is simply Toned. This refers to being physically fit as well as mentally toned as well. So, get your butt cheeks off the gaming chair and do some push-ups in between loading screens or while the system boots up.

Also, I laughed at the fact that you didn't mention who dies in the Red Wedding, but you totally mention that your second favorite character dies in the show with ZERO spoilers. I'm glad I finished the 3rd book before hearing this! xD

Overall it was fun to listen to for a while. :)

• Like 1

Look forward to listening to this!

Trying to imagine how long the text would have been if you hadn't done the voice interview @ddracarys ?

Also if more interviewees are following in @GarciaFever's footsteps, it'd be really cool if @soultaker655 or someone else could ask the questions to give it a "live" feel. Maybe too much hassle, just a thought :P

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BG_painter said:

I think you were fine Khaleesi. :D

3 hours ago, AlvarezPT said:

haha, loved it!! and yeah, kinda cringy at first :P

edit: 3:58 "it turns me on" 1f602.png

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

This is podcast length! D:

This will be a good listen, pretty cool to hear what you sound like too :P 

2 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

OH GOD! THE CRINGE 

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

JK Jk Love you <3 and good for you for trying to make it special by making a podcast-like recording :). Also, I am very very surprised that you dont have an Aussie/ New Zealand accent! 

1 hour ago, Koromaru said:

Love it!

A very new cool feature and thanks to you two @soultaker655 and @ddracarys!

Thank you all haha, still getting second hand embarrassment from this, but it served its purpose anyway, even if I sounded like a croaky turd the whole way through. :comp: If you guys know anybody who has a burping fetish, definitely link this to them.

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

@ddracarys Interesting to hear. I have a couple of follow up questions and comments on this as well.

Did I hear you say 12 siblings in your house? :o Also a follow-up, your parents let you play Resident Evil and silent hill at the age of 5... Were they just unaware that they were for older people or was it because of older siblings? I mean, I played my first GTA game when I was 14, but my brother was 17, so it made sense from that perspective. Was it the same for you, but to a more extreme scale?

Also, I got your back on the FROT method. For anyone who's curious, the F is definitely facial hair and the R is definitely rest. However ddracarys forgot that the O was for Oberyn Martell-ness (the more you are like Oberyn Martell, the better, see answer to the GoT favorite character question). And the T is simply Toned. This refers to being physically fit as well as mentally toned as well. So, get your butt cheeks off the gaming chair and do some push-ups in between loading screens or while the system boots up.

Also, I laughed at the fact that you didn't mention who dies in the Red Wedding, but you totally mention that your second favorite character dies in the show with ZERO spoilers. I'm glad I finished the 3rd book before hearing this! xD

Overall it was fun to listen to for a while. :)

Not twelve siblings, twelve people overall (excluding myself). My mother, father, three brothers, two sisters, nephew, niece, and two sisters-in-law. Also, my parents have never really been strict about what I watch or play. I guess back then, they expected that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill would be enough to scare me away on their own, which they did, but I'd always come back to them. With that been said though, my entire family is full of gamers (my mother actually got my older brother's Crash Bandicoot Platinums for him and insisted I preorder Spyro the Reginited Trilogy), so back then we'd all be playing together. Being the youngest, I didn't get much time to play, but when I did everybody was around me anyway. So, when everybody's there experiencing the horrors with you, ultimately it just feels less scary. I guess my parents kept this in mind too? Honestly, who knows. This is a type of conversation that I've never had with them. I'm grateful they allowed me, and continue to allow me the freedom at home to play whatever I want, because otherwise, I probably would be stuck with Spider Solitare or something.

Thank you for having my back on the FROT method. I, Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of My Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons approve of this message. I am also glad you finished the third book before hearing all of that haha. And yeah, I mentioned there will be Game of Thrones spoilers at the beginning, but I feel like I barely even spoiled anything. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as Chicken Run wasn't spoiled!

19 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Look forward to listening to this!

Trying to imagine how long the text would have been if you hadn't done the voice interview @ddracarys 1f914.png

Also if more interviewees are following in @GarciaFever's footsteps, it'd be really cool if @soultaker655 or someone else could ask the questions to give it a "live" feel. Maybe too much hassle, just a thought :P

I would like to apologise in advanced, since I mispronounced your name several times, Zolkovo. Also, if I went with text, it still wouldn't of been longer than my backlog.

• Like 3

Good job on the interview @ddracarys

Ever since I've seen these interviews I've kinda wanted to do one, but I'm not that active here and don't really know anyone so yeah. If I ever did an interview I'd do a live stream with camera while playing a game that could maybe be voted on or something. I bet that would be a mess though lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

Not twelve siblings, twelve people overall (excluding myself). My mother, father, three brothers, two sisters, nephew, niece, and two sisters-in-law. Also, my parents have never really been strict about what I watch or play. I guess back then, they expected that games like Resident Evil and Silent Hill would be enough to scare me away on their own, which they did, but I'd always come back to them. With that been said though, my entire family is full of gamers (my mother actually got my older brother's Crash Bandicoot Platinums for him and insisted I preorder Spyro the Reginited Trilogy), so back then we'd all be playing together. Being the youngest, I didn't get much time to play, but when I did everybody was around me anyway. So, when everybody's there experiencing the horrors with you, ultimately it just feels less scary. I guess my parents kept this in mind too? Honestly, who knows. This is a type of conversation that I've never had with them. I'm grateful they allowed me, and continue to allow me the freedom at home to play whatever I want, because otherwise, I probably would be stuck with Spider Solitare or something.

Thank you for having my back on the FROT method. I, Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of My Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons approve of this message. I am also glad you finished the third book before hearing all of that haha. And yeah, I mentioned there will be Game of Thrones spoilers at the beginning, but I feel like I barely even spoiled anything. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as Chicken Run wasn't spoiled!

I had to pause the video for a second when you started off saying, "My second favorite character is.. well actually he dies." or something to that extent. I was like, "Oh no, do I wish to continue?" Then, I was just like f* it, it could be one of those "It's in the show, but not the books." sort of thing so I decided to go on. I would have been a little mad if it was someone from the 4th book. That was an interesting bunch of characters. I pegged you more of a Dany, Bronn, Tyrion, or Jon sort of guy. I thought Oberyn had a cool backstory with his sister and Gregor so I could see that one, but I was shocked by Greatsbane. I thought you would pick more prominent characters. Granted, I haven't seen the show (yet), so maybe they are more prominent in the show than in the books.

You also must have really nice netiquette or something, because I never envisioned you much as a curser (I actually curse a lot when I'm around friends, but would not dare curse around my family, children, strangers, or coworkers... maybe saying oh sh!+ every once in a while at my computer monitor at work, but that's it). I also saw on the sound cloud that there were a bunch of times were the volume spiked, and it was you burping! xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

Dope interview dude! Surprised you don't have a Kiwi accent haha. 

23 minutes ago, ahoyimzoe said:

My Kiwi brethren!! Looking forward to listening to this when I get home. Congrats on the interview! :D

My fellow Kiwis, let us meet somewhere in downtown Auckland so we can burp in unison. Let us teach those meditating Chinese a lesson! No but seriously, those guys are always taking up too much space at Aotea Centre meditating.

67krvd.jpg

15 minutes ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

First interview I didn't ask a question fuuuuuck

I'm still here. The interview is over, but the Queen lives on my doods. Ask away!

2 hours ago, cjshaitan said:

Good interview, enjoyed listening. I had no idea you were from New Zealand till you mentioned it, good job on overcoming that accent.  I don't think I have ever heard a Kiwi speak for 2 hours without hearing random sheep noises in the background it was refreshing 1f61c.png

I think sheep in the background is the least of my worries with twelve other people in my household. Heck, I was lucky to find two hours of peace. Usually there's a lot of yelling in the background haha. Thank you for your kind words!

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I had to pause the video for a second when you started off saying, "My second favorite character is.. well actually he dies." or something to that extent. I was like, "Oh no, do I wish to continue?" Then, I was just like f* it, it could be one of those "It's in the show, but not the books." sort of thing so I decided to go on. I would have been a little mad if it was someone from the 4th book. That was an interesting bunch of characters. I pegged you more of a Dany, Bronn, Tyrion, or Jon sort of guy. I thought Oberyn had a cool backstory with his sister and Gregor so I could see that one, but I was shocked by Greatsbane. I thought you would pick more prominent characters. Granted, I haven't seen the show (yet), so maybe they are more prominent in the show than in the books.

You also must have really nice netiquette or something, because I never envisioned you much as a curser (I actually curse a lot when I'm around friends, but would not dare curse around my family, children, strangers, or coworkers... maybe saying oh sh!+ every once in a while at my computer monitor at work, but that's it). I also saw on the sound cloud that there were a bunch of times were the volume spiked, and it was you burping! xD

I would of felt a little bit bad if I had spoiled something for you, but at the same time, I did warn ya! :pimp: But yeah, as I mentioned, not a lot of characters stand out for me. I mean Tyrion and Jon are cool, and I probably would cry if they died, but they're not up there for me. Also, definitely not Bronn! Okay, I'm actually gonna use spoiler tags this time, since you definitely haven't reached this point yet. But yeah, I'm totally looking forward to his death.

Spoiler

BRONN FUCKIN BOLTED DROGON AND TRIED TO KILL DAENERYS

Honestly, I contemplated avoided cursing and using phrases like "Jesus", " oh my god", "what the hell", etc. Because I understand those things do bother people. But, if I had avoided them, I may as well of edited all of the burping out too. I just wanted to keep it as unfiltered and as real as possible, because that's who I am.

• Like 1

Thank you for the mention :D, and also it's been great to see other people come out of their shell and do more of a live stream/audio rather than seeing a bunch of text.

Lastly, I wouldn't mind joining in on Skype or Discord and having to read the questions to the interviewees.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

Thank you for the mention :D, and also it's been great to see other people come out of their shell and do more of a live stream/audio rather than seeing a bunch of text.

Lastly, I wouldn't mind joining in on Skype or Discord and having to read the questions to the interviewees.

Haha I wasn't sure if you were going to see this, but I'm glad you did. I mentioned you several times in my interview, but I'll say it again, thank you for inspiring this. Your video interview was really cool to watch. I, of course, would not mind the latter idea too. I think it would be fun to have everybody on a call, however it may get a bit chaotic... You know, with my burping an all.

4 hours ago, waterfields1 said:

Really enjoyed this - dunno if a cooler twist would be to do an intro - then have a robotic voice just read the question with the interviewee then answering like a quickfire process. Just an alternative, may make it an easier process for you to do. Good job though :)

Thank you for your kind words and feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed the two hours of cringe-ness and burping my interview! As for your feedback, I definitely did think about adding in all of that fancy stuff, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, I wanted to keep this as unfiltered as possible. I think the editing may of deterred from the interview, and considering I suck at editing these sort of things, it most likely would of been a longer and more difficult process for me too.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ddracarys said:

My fellow Kiwis, let us meet somewhere in downtown Auckland so we can burp in unison. Let us teach those meditating Chinese a lesson! No but seriously, those guys are always taking up too much space at Aotea Centre meditating.

I haven't been to Aotea since I left uni almost 2 years ago, but they're STILL there?! Lordy.

I'm down for some burps tbh, will need a 3litre bottle of Coke to do so but they shall be epic!

EDIT: OK ALSO loling at people in here going 'where's the New Zealand accent???' bc I can totally hear it. Hehehehe.

*kiwi bird noises*

Edited by ahoyimzoe
  • Like 1

Haha this was a great listen, finally got around to it. To be honest there's no right way of pronouncing my user so you did pretty well, at least for a Kiwi! Also your accent is quite noticeable so dunno how people aren't spotting it.

I had no idea you did the same kinda truncating of words in NZ. If only I knew what biffo meant back when someone rather saucy said "he's biffo material" ☹️ She was older than 12.. I think..

You've probably already been to the library at this point but it's the Inheritance Cycle not Circle. I dunno whether I made a typo so if you didn't find it that's probably why (alongside mistaking the author for a grilled sandwich) ? Very interesting that you've been writing your own novel(la) too, look forward to hearing more about that at some point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahoyimzoe said:

I haven't been to Aotea since I left uni almost 2 years ago, but they're STILL there?! Lordy.

I'm down for some burps tbh, will need a 3litre bottle of Coke to do so but they shall be epic!

EDIT: OK ALSO loling at people in here going 'where's the New Zealand accent???' bc I can totally hear it. Hehehehe.

*kiwi bird noises*

YES THEY'RE STILL THERE! One time they had a lady barred in one of those jail head cuff things, and she was yelling something in Chinese. I think it was something about women in China being oppressed?? Honestly, I have no idea. It was bad enough that they were taking up too much space, then they started blowing my ear holes with the yelling. I haven't seen this screeching lady return after that day though, so who knows, maybe somebody complained (I hope so).

I don't even drink fizzies anymore, since when I was like thirteen years old, my dentist said I was drinking so much that it was softening my teeth. Ever since then I've sworn off fizzies, except for the occasional sip here and there. The burping just happens out of nowhere, it's as spontaneous as my disappointing completion rate right now.

*pukeko burp*

51 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

Haha this was a great listen, finally got around to it. To be honest there's no right way of pronouncing my user so you did pretty well, at least for a Kiwi! Also your accent is quite noticeable so dunno how people aren't spotting it.

I had no idea you did the same kinda truncating of words in NZ. If only I knew what biffo meant back when someone rather saucy said "he's biffo material" 2639.png She was older than 12.. I think..

You've probably already been to the library at this point but it's the Inheritance Cycle not Circle. I dunno whether I made a typo so if you didn't find it that's probably why (alongside mistaking the author for a grilled sandwich) 1f602.png Very interesting that you've been writing your own novel(la) too, look forward to hearing more about that at some point.

Thank you, I tried like very very hard! For some reason, as I was saying your name, I was reminded of Zlatko from Detroit: Become Human. Your names aren't even close, but hey, that's a free thought for ya. ;) And yeah, once again, no idea where the shortening of words came from. I assumed we borrowed it from a different country, but I guess not! We fortunately do not have so much to worry about down here in New Zealand, so things like this just give birth to themselves and hit the country like Season 3 of Game of Thrones (no but seriously, I think even my Dad was talking about the Red Wedding and he doesn't even know what Game of Thrones is). You know, that might explain why The Inheritance Circle was nowhere to be seen at the library yesterday. God damn it, I hate myself. Rejoice, I should be returning soon, so I will have a proper look that time and get back to you. I'm looking forward to reading all about Christopher Panini's inheritance cycles.

Also, guys, shhhhh, don't tell everybody about my accent. They haven't realised yet... :ninja:

Edited by ddracarys

Great interview commander ddracarys ?

Had no clue you lived in a pad with so much family.

one of these days will have to jam some co op

May thy night be awesome and slay them trophies when them trophies need to be slayed.

Voice interviews are awesome, way better then text :)

I might be down to do one, one of these days

The futures past future awaits and captain nevets will guide thy ship to the next dragon battle.

Game-of-Thrones-Season-5-The-Dance-of-Dr

• Like 1