How does the rarity leaderboard work?

Yeah it uses a particular formula to calculate their ranking, ultra rare trophies giving the user a lot of points and common trophies giving them a small amount of points which all add up to a total.

The rarity leaderboard for now is still experimental (As you can see it still doesn't kick cheaters off properly) because Sly didn't quite like the way the ranking was calculated

Edited by BlindMango

33 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

The rarity leaderboard for now is still experimental (As you can see it still doesn't kick cheaters off properly) because Sly didn't quite like the way the ranking was calculated

Hope it gets fixed eventually because it's annoying to be second to a hacker that had his trophies hidden long ago.

• Like 2

I use this calculation system with platinum (for each YEAR) only where:

Ultra Rare: +25 points

Very Rare: +10 points

Rare: +5 points

Uncommon: +1 point

Common (50-70%): -2 points

Very Common (70-100%): -5 points

I do the same formula for 100% games only, everything based on PSNProfiles values.

But let’s be honest:

considering that a lot of people complain about the rarity of DLC, this calculation makes no difference. 

LOGO.png

Edited by TurtlePM

• 7 months later...

Not that I myself care a lot for this stat, but I quickly looked up my own rank within my country and it seems a bit weird. With 83 ultra rares I am below someone who has only 8 ultra rares. I have more Very Rare and Rare than that player too, just a lot less Uncommon. Seems odd to be placed below that player mostly based on that last stat.

• 2 years later...