A Heroes reborn review

Lonemankane

Been abit of time from the last review and well here we are at another small review for a small game, I am still working on my main reviews just trying to find the right things to say for it and well it has been awhile so I will come out with it in time I hope,  So let's stop the talk about the other reviews I got planed and lets dive into Heroes reborn Gemini, note that this review will be a bit of a different style then the others and have some story spoils, you have been warned.

The set up / story.

The game starts up with you playing as Cassandra going to a old ruined lab to find out what happen to her mum and dad with her to help on her search is her friend Alex and somewhat half way in the ruins he gives her the glasses he was wearing and they act as the hud for the game and show you the place of where all enemies are in the world like if you hide behind a box and they are going close to you, you can see a box over their faces to show they are near and so on. Before you can test other stuff the glasses can do you end up being seen by guards and two of them take Alex and now you are trying to both find who your mum and dad is and where they are while saving Alex. I could go on but I rather stop it there as if I go on it will be nearly 3 levels in this already short game so with that said lets jump to what is good about the game.

The good.

In the game once you get to have the powers to go back in time and back to the present at will along with telekinesis is when the game becomes fun, as with the powers you can do a lot of cool stuff like take an item from the past and bring it into the present like anything you like, even guards can be taken back in time too. The game has fun ways to test out all the powers you get such as the telekinesis as spoken of before and the slow time power to solve puzzles making it fun when in your first time in the game. But as normal all games have problems and this game does have some so let's dive on in shall we.

The bad.

The game has a poor way of showing you how to do some things such as how to bring items or people back into the past/ present thus making a few puzzles annoying if you try to do them, you either find it out yourself or you don't. The plot can be somewhat boring and run of the mile nothing too big in terms of hero like plots, if you seen or played hero story heavy games or movies you would of seen this kind of story done before but maybe better. The enemies are somewhat dum as they could take aim one moment and then stop firing and look at you for abit and then act like they just found you again like they just lost you for abit while the sounds of the guns too are somewhat laughable as well. Now I could go on but I think we should head into the final thoughts as I have abit to say about the game there but before we do lets do a small recap along with adding a few other things to the list of both good and bad.

The good recap.

• The powers feel cool and somewhat powerful when first used.
  • Cool ideas for puzzles to use the powers in.
  • Not too bad music.
  • Easy plat
  • Cheap price

The bad recap.

• Not very good at telling you how to do some things such as taking items from the present or past and bring it to said present or past to solve puzzles.
  • Dum ai.
  • Poorly made sounds for guns and some objects thrown about.
  • Glitchy at points where you must pick up objects such as trying to pick a item up with telekinesis or guards won't be picked up or picks up something next to it and not what you want.
  • Boring plot.

The final thoughts

The game has a lot of problems and a lot of somewhat good points to it, the fun of the combat is mostly using the powers to kill stuff but what is the fun in fighting enemies that don't really put up much of a fight because of how broken they are in terms of attacking. However, the puzzles can be somewhat cool at times not all the time but sometimes. But the real question here is, is this game worth picking up to play? I would say no, not really because if your a normal gamer looking for a game that has powers like telekinesis or slowing down time I would say look somewhere else as this game is not really ground braking in what it has and does, as it does not embrace the ideas of having powers and having smart enemies that can stop you from using your said powers making you need to think on how to take them out or puzzles that really make you think, other then one enemy later on that makes you use slow time to get the rockets and fire them back at them as you can do the same with all the other enemies with slowing time down to get the bullets and shooting it back at them. But I will say if your like me and have played a lot worse and are willing to give anything at least a try I will say maybe and same to those of you if your looking for a easy plat for your trophy list as this game is very cheap now as it should be no more then £4 in the eu and uk psn stores.

I hope this review helped you all and if you have any questions about this game and or other games I reviewed in the past, just let me know and I will get to you as soon as I can and I hope you all enjoyed and I hope to see you all in my next review.

Edited by KANERKB