DishwasherSafe

Secret disaster

15 posts in this topic

Any tips of Chirpynado? What I know now is that it has something like 1:700 chance to spawn from any naturally occurring disaster i.e. one not spawned it manually. If there's proof that's untrue, please let me know as it would speed things up immensely, although the fact that this site only registers 7 people as having seen it, somehow I doubt it's false. 

 

Basically, what I've done is built up a $10mil reserve in a huge 150k+ population city, completely leveled it, then built a small, self-supporting city of about 10k people, surrounded it in levees and canals to protect from tsunamis, and let it run for decades. Obviously, no dice thus far, and I'd rather not leave my PS4 on all night every night if I can help it. I've had dozens upon dozens of disasters happen already, most missing the city, but the city survives the ones that happen in the night because 1) disasters slow time to its slowest setting when they happen (which is both good and bad, but mostly bad), and 2) I have a huge reserve of cash to make sure I don't go into debt when a disaster takes out critical infrastructure because then I would have to watch the game and hit O every time the bailout option comes up every few minutes. 

 

I understand rare trophies because they're difficult, but making a trophy based on an incredibly rare and uncontrollable event is annoying. At least it doesn't prevent people from getting the platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a city with ~150k population, fairly stable (only offices, no commercial zones, mostly high density residential, all monuments built, a ton of crematoriums etc). I pretty much let the game run on auto pilot. Every once in a while I would check up on the city and repair the damages done by disasters, so to not lose population. Having several disaster recovery units in place helped with recovery.

 

Only thing I did differently, every once in a while, was to manually spam sinkholes in the ocean. I highly doubt that improved my odds of triggering the chirpynado, but it eventually triggered.

 

I would equate my spamming method to buying multiple lottery tickets with the hope of improving winning odds. But at the end of the day, we all know that's all a big pile of poop.

 

My advice is to just be patient. 

Edited by BongaBrother
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sims 4's Triple Play all over again... Only in this case, it's much. much worse. 👺👺

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This trophy I feel is literally going to cost me the rest of my sanity. I've played for a good 50 hours at least since the Natural Disasters DLC came out and nothing. I was playing my old snowfall city the other day using Mass Transit, and only saw 1 disaster in 3 hours. Luckily it was just a 2.3 thunderstorm, as the game has a bad habit of dropping 9.0+ size meteors right in the center of my city.

 

Maybe someone who has seen it can answer a question. How exactly do these things show up? Do you need a normal tornado or can it be any disaster? Does the game say like a 9.3 earthquake is about to happen, and then the chirpynado can show up? Or does is specifically say chirpynado when its going to happen?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caldor2K2 said:

Maybe someone who has seen it can answer a question. How exactly do these things show up? Do you need a normal tornado or can it be any disaster? Does the game say like a 9.3 earthquake is about to happen, and then the chirpynado can show up? Or does is specifically say chirpynado when its going to happen?

 

You get a regular tornado warning, but what actually shows up is the chirpnado

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I hope this helps as I couldn’t find any information related to this trophy except that it is purely based on luck.

I played on the map „Seven Lakes“ and enabled random disasters (highest frequency) approximately in the year 2048. Dynamic Weather on, Day and Night off.

 

My population was at 70k at the time the „Chirpnado“ occurred (December 15 2070).

Sadly I wasn’t there when the disaster happend and I wasn’t able to reproduce it by loading older saves. 

Edited by crsN9un5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I built up a massive city and stacked a chunk of cash and let it run itself while I slept at night, after 3 weeks passed I felt like I was burning out my PS4 for no reason so I moved on.(with my sanity still intact)The worst part is like you said as soon as you get hit with your first disaster, the time changes back to default real time, so by morning I would only get like a handful of disasters. Its one of them trophies that was designed for people who love the game and spend 500+ hours playing it, not for trophy hunters who are eager to start the next game... Still UR's are always desirable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BornAddict said:

I built up a massive city and stacked a chunk of cash and let it run itself while I slept at night, after 3 weeks passed I felt like I was burning out my PS4 for no reason so I moved on.(with my sanity still intact)The worst part is like you said as soon as you get hit with your first disaster, the time changes back to default real time, so by morning I would only get like a handful of disasters. Its one of them trophies that was designed for people who love the game and spend 500+ hours playing it, not for trophy hunters who are eager to start the next game... Still UR's are always desirable.

 

I did exactly the same thing in the beginning, later I would only let the PS4 run when I was really there to check in on the game every 20 minutes and to set the speed back up to 3x. In the end the trophy popped after more than 300 years of disasters in multiple cities.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody know if the disasters are fixed for a city if you reload saves? By that I mean if I load up my city and leave it running over night not getting chirpnado. Can I reload the same save again leaving it run with different disasters? Or will they just be the same? I don't really want to get into fixing my city after every afk overnight

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My advice for this is to just do it in a city you don't care about and leave it sitting for hours unattended while you do something else.  It helps if you can check it every so often because time will slow down to 1x when a disaster does strike, but you could also just do it overnight while you sleep or while you go to work or something.  It took me like 15 or so hours more gametime after i got the 1000 days trophy but it is really just luck

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This trophy wouldn't be so bad if you could just leave the PS4 unattended, but I'm worried about mine overheating. I've been leaving it on overnight (~8 hours) about once per week for the past two months, and it still hasn't popped. Neither has the 1000 nights trophy.

 

It'd be great if somebody could confirm that you can keep reloading the same save to get the trophy. I made a little town called Chirpnado Alley, but I often find it doesn't last longer than one or two idle sessions, and it's obviously easier to reload the save than fix the town.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've bitten the bullet and am trying to go for this trophy. I've built a small city of 30k people which mostly runs by itself. I'm leaving it run for a few hours a day. Keeping half an eye on it to speed it back up and repair any damage.

 

The thing is, I've noticed that I've had 1 fire, 2 or 3 meteors. everything else is earthquakes, tsunami and storms. I have never had a single tornado. I only ask as the chirpnado shows up with a warning of a tornado. Do they only appear on specific maps? Or once you hit certain population milestones? Or is just a coincidence I've not had a single tornado in 15 hours of idling?

 

This trophy is just the worst....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

I've bitten the bullet and am trying to go for this trophy. I've built a small city of 30k people which mostly runs by itself. I'm leaving it run for a few hours a day. Keeping half an eye on it to speed it back up and repair any damage.

 

The thing is, I've noticed that I've had 1 fire, 2 or 3 meteors. everything else is earthquakes, tsunami and storms. I have never had a single tornado. I only ask as the chirpnado shows up with a warning of a tornado. Do they only appear on specific maps? Or once you hit certain population milestones? Or is just a coincidence I've not had a single tornado in 15 hours of idling?

 

This trophy is just the worst....

 

There shouldn't be any requirements to have them appear. People have had the chirpnado on very low population cities.

 

I think tornadoes and meteors are the rarest normal disasters, so that's why you're seeing so few of those

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got this. Idled it on a city which fluctuated around 40k pop. Clocked in at around 90hrs, in game year 2180. Got myself a pretty good city now with 7mil reserves which should help with the industries dlc when it goes on sale and any further dlc they release

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going for this trophy now, trying to combine it with 1001 nights. I have a pretty solid City around 20k Population, but the only Desasters I had so far are like 6 meteors, 2 earthquakes, a sinkhole and a Tsunami. No fire, no storm nothing else. Playing on a snow map hoping for something New... 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.