PS4 cloud upload/download going slow?

MidnightDragon

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

im still having this issue, even if i switch to usb for saves it taks just as long it just keeps saying please wait. there is no reason it just picks its own speed. sometimes its right away and others it just oes whatever the fk it wants. been alot slower sine ps5 has came out to

Usb saves, turn off your internet network. This method work for me, The loading speed more faster. 

On 12/10/2020 at 2:30 AM, unknownds said:

Usb saves, turn off your internet network. This method work for me, The loading speed more faster. 

i'll try disconnecting the internet. ive been using usb the past few days because the cloud has been so bad. i noticed if you go into the ps4 menu and click on the network status, on the ps webpage it does say they are doing some isp changes. so i believe thats why this is happening. at some times its instant, other times i wait 10 minutes to connect. even to usb which makes no sense but i havent tried usb offline yet.

On 12/11/2020 at 0:40 AM, iamthedotcom said:

You know about that experiment with the tar drip? That is about the speed at which I'm able to back up save files to PSN. 

yah id say thats pretty much spot on lol

• 2 months later...

Not sure if it's just me, but I've been finding it slow manually uploading saves to PS Plus lately on PS4. Took me about 5+ minutes to upload about 3 files (all 10mb each) last night, thought it might just be because I was downloading some games at the same time. Tried uploading again tonight, no games downloading or anything, and it still took a minute or so to upload those 3 saves, when it used to take seconds for relatively small files like this previously (the estimated time was about 15 seconds too, but it kept taking insanely long pauses between each file number on the progress bar). Not the end of the world since I can just let auto-uploads handle it when it goes into rest (and ironically, I think it actually somehow uploads those faster), but I don't like keeping it in rest all the time (gotten issues before when it's been in rest mode for too long), so it's pain having to put it into rest just to upload saves quickly and then turning it back on just to turn it off.

Did an internet test and apparently my upload speed on the PS4 is 18mbs, so I don't think it's my internet.