100% completions OR platinum

Hi guys

i wondering what you like how your PSN profile is looks... 

is your type in trophies hunter make every game in your profile 100% or you just focus in earning the platinum. 

i like to achieve 100% in games that I love, and I’m not a big fan for getting 100% in game with DLC unless I love it. 

if I got the platinum only in the games has online DLC trophies. this is good for me, I don’t like going for the online DLC 

finally it’s depends how much you like the game.

and what about you guys?

Edited by juma-alman9oori
  • Like 1

I try to get 100% any time I can. I tend to see platinums without 100% as kind of half-assed, personally. Platinums mean very little to me though. They're nice and all, but a 100% is so much more satisfying! Especially on games that don't even have a platinum, such as Kung Fury: Street Rage! That game wrecked me!

• Like 3

There are certain games where I just can't to be bothered to get the 100% Mainly Red Dead Redemption.

Usually I try to go for the 100%, for peace of mind, because it's doable but sometimes I just accept that I can't do it. For example the Batman Arkham games are some of my favorites, but I'm just not at the skill level to 100% them. Same with Dantes Inferno.

I usually 100% everything as long as it’s possible. I’m sure I’ll eventually punch above my weight and add something I’m not capable of (maybe NecroDancer), but even then I’ll probably still go for every other trophy I can on my profile. Having a 100% profile isn’t a priority for me but I do take precautions now so that I don’t recklessly lose it. As long as it’s in the 99% area then I can live with it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dark said:

I usually 100% everything as long as it’s possible. I’m sure I’ll eventually punch above my weight and add something I’m not capable of (maybe NecroDancer), but even then I’ll probably still go for every other trophy I can on my profile. Having a 100% profile isn’t a priority for me but I do take precautions now so that I don’t recklessly lose it. As long as it’s in the 99% area then I can live with it.

As long as it's obtainable, i'm sure you would 100% any game thrown at you man lol

Not sure if you've played these or not, but Nex Machina and Furi are currently on sale. The best twin stick shooters around imo, you'd love them.

On topic, 100% all the way for me. I will get back there soon!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

As long as it's obtainable, i'm sure you would 100% any game thrown at you man lol

Not sure if you've played these or not, but Nex Machina and Furi are currently on sale. The best twin stick shooters around imo, you'd love them.

On topic, 100% all the way for me. I will get back there soon!

Haha I like to think the same, thanks for the recommendations man, I have furi but I’ll go ahead and pick up Nex Machina while it’s on sale. I’d like to have some of the impressive 100%’s you’ve done too, specifically SF4 :) 

• Like 1

I always plan for 100%, but if there are trophies that I feel that are impossible for me, I end up leaving it at a lower %, still even in some of those cases (DOA5, Wipeout HD, MK9), I ended up returning to it and getting it done. 

But I keep a minimum stats wanted for my overall completion to force me compile games, and that's 90+%, and less then 1000 unearned trophies. While I'm not fulfilling those conditions at all, that's simply because I started all PS3 and Vita games with online trophies in my backlog (the actual backlog is much bigger, but 95% of my games don't have online trophies). 

Now, I will have to go into clean-up mode, but at least I don't need to stress to much about online trophies, just Arcana Heart 3 Love Max on ps3, LBP2 (online trophies from the DLC), Soul Sacrifice (although that can be done in Ad-hoc solo too), LBP vita (bubbles + dlc bubbles), Resogun (need to find help for the Master and 1CC trophies, since I suck at it..) and GTA5 (need almost everything, but I'm to scared if hackers to think in going back to this + it's an impossible Plat for me as of now). 

• Like 1

I am at a point now where I won't buy a game unless I can also get the DLC. While I now consider any difficult 100% game that doesn't have a platinum not really worth doing since I'd like a platinum for my efforts, I also want to maintain 100% on the games I play. I started Spelunker HD before the DLC was released, but now I've been bored any time I play it, but eventually I'll do it when I feel like it. Sometimes expensive DLC really gets annoying, since the Injustice 2 DLC costed around £32 and only included some characters that I used for some misc trophies. It's always disappointing to specifically see games with DLC get delisted when the game itself looks good.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

I only go for plats. If I can't get platinum I definitely don't care about amassing largely pointless bronze trophies and such. I come from Xbox, having grown quite a large Gamer score, and I hated how there was no differentiation between a load of easy points and one hard, that's why I prefer trophies (but still I only really value platinum). I very rarely buy DLC so would hate to see a 100% I had worked for drop down due to it.